All hotels in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here310 Mt Washington Hotel Rd, Bretton Woods, NH, 03575, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A beautiful place"
The place is beautiful. I spent most of my time taking pictures of the place and of the view!
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Dorothy
"the view was breathtaking from the rooms and lobby"
we admired the surroundings
3 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Lamis
"Nice hotel to visit, but not necessarily to stay."
The hotel is beautiful with gorgeous views and many ammenities. However, furniture in the lobby/common areas/patios etc... are extremely worn and in need of replacement. Rooms have then walls and you can hear doors opening/closing thru-out the night. The doors do not have added protection of an inside door hook & latch lock, which as a female is an important thing to me. A "standard" room at $400 per night does not receive turn down service and bottles of water in room are $6 - Its an amazing place to visit, take pictures, enjoy the views etc...but anytype of food/drinks will cost you. A shrimp cocktail appetizer was $18 and came with 3 shrimp. A beer and 3 mixed drinks were $64, so come ready spend. All staff was very nice with the exception of the the one gentlemen working the front desk. He was quite pretensious, which is not acceptable considering the price per night customers are paying. We had a great time and took great pictures of the hotel and surroundings. I don't think that I'll ever return, while nice not worth the high price.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
C
"Grand old hotel, lots of character and charm"
Perfect place to relax after a long hike on Mt Washington. The staff was all extremely welcoming and very helpful throughout my short stay. And even though the restaurants were full (as would be expected on a Friday evening), I was able to find a seat at the bar and have my dinner there.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Knhoj
"Would NEVER go back to this "Resort" hotel!"
The view from our room was a large propane tank, 3 large metal AC condensers, a dilapidated garage and the employees smoking area! Also, a drinking glass in our room had a huge lipstick mark on it!! The manager set us up for the following day in another room with a view of the mountain. The next morning we had to pack up, check out, give our bags to the bellhop and wait for the new room to be ready. Later, got a call from Melissa saying our bags were being placed in our new room. Got to the room and no bags! Had to go back to the bellhop. His excuse was that he didn't have our name and didn't want to deliver to the wrong room. The original bellhop gave me a numbered ticket! Isn't the point of the ticket to identify the party the bags belong to??? We were so irritated, we brought our bags up ourselves. After dinner, we went to the outdoor deck to have a cocktail. I asked the waitress, Scarlett, if she had a martini list. She pointed to a table about three feet behind me. No words, just pointed!! And, clearly expected me to get it myself! I ordered a martini and asked for ice on the side. When she didn't bring the ice, I asked for it again. Her response was, "Oh yah, that's right". The only bright spot was the dinner in their upscale restaurant. Both the food and our waiter, Brian, were fantastic. But, for a so-called "RESORT" hotel, we could have received better service from a Motel 6!!
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Shelly
This place was incredible. A must stay for anyone who travels through the area.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
"Nightmare"
Wedding party was allowed to play boom box music and chat loudly by the firepit till security was called at 1:30 in the morning. I paid $320 for a room and did not sleep a wink. Also, my credit card that i submited to the front desk upon arrival was not saved, so all submittted rm charges were denied and i was harrassed by the spa and front desk. The weather amd foliage was good thou..
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
patrickd
"Breathtaking - simply beautiful!"
It is a tranquil escape. Absolutely beautiful!!! The restaurants are a bit pricey, but the food was really good. I wished the bar had entertainment during the week as we weren't there on the weekend. The bed wasn't that comfortable, but the room was nice. The bathroom was spacious. I will definitely be staying again!
2 night romance trip Sep 22, 2014
"Expensive Romantic Getaway"
The service was excellent and the hotel is gorgeous. Our room was on the small side and the bed was a Victorian queen. We had such a nice time having drinks on the back porch and dinner at the steakhouse it didn't matter. Between the room, food, and drinks we spent a lot of money. Not budget friendly but a lovely romantic night away.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
Stacey
"A Step Into the Past"
The Omni Mount Washington Resort is like walking into a time machine. The old hotel has been restored and is generally comfortable and clean. Service was good overall. If you're looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy the mountains of New Hampshire with some nods to luxury, this is a good choice. The views are wonderful and there are nice trails around the property once you get beyond the golf course. The place is isolated, so you are pretty much stuck there for dining options.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Not the usual stellar service!"
I love the Mt. Washington Hotel - stayed there many times over many, many years. I probably just caught them on a bad couple of days this time. It took 15+ minutes to check in - even though there was only one person ahead of me; only one person behind the desk helping people. Second, at one point, I left my luggage in the secured room with the bellman. My luggage was accidently given to someone else or put in someone's room. After a little hand-wringing on their part, they retrieved my things, but it took about 30 minutes to do so. Finally, the gentleman who seats you in the restaurant for breakfast is always a little snooty, but a bit more so this time. I'm sure he's a nice guy but probably felt a little rushed because it was very busy. I will definitely return, but this visit wasn't its usual top-notch service. On the positive side - I absolutely loved the room, view, hiking, kid-friendly-ness, and welcoming feeling!
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
Scott G
"Fancy historical hotel with great views"
It's a fancy historical hotel with great views. The famous Bretton Woods Conference took place there in 1944, and you can take free hotel tour. A lot of space to relax, drink, eat and meet your friends. However rooms are not soundproof and prices are a little bit high.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"Beautiful stay start to finish"
The Mount Washington Resort is a beautiful hotel with lots of history. The amenities are outstanding as is the view and the hotel staff. During check in my boyfriends birthday was casually mentioned and an hour or so later they sent a birthday treat up to our room. Later, he was comped a cocktail at the bar when they noticed his birthday while checking his ID. These small acts of hospitality really made our stay special, and set the Mount Washington apart from other resorts in the Bretton Woods area.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Allison
"Wonderful location / Average service"
What an incredibly beautiful location for a hotel. You could just sit for hours and soak in the views. Hotel beautiful itself as well. Not wonderfully maintained, but was not bad either. We weren't able to check in until 5:00 pm the night of our stay because the room wasn't ready. The "chain" feature of Omni with limited staffing kicks in there. I would overall stay again.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Beautiful setting"
The hotel is lovely but our room was very small- difficult to move around in. One night there was a wedding and we were right over the ballroom and the noise was deafening until 10 PM. They were booked and could not change the room and this really spoiled our stay. Otherwise it would have been wonderful.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Leslie
"Once grand but still good."
The site and setting are incredible. Service and amenities are also very good (with a few exceptions, such as the room service staff telling me I had to go to the bar to fill up my ice bucket, when in reality there was an ice machine on my floor). Perhaps my favorite guest features it that you can reserve a car from their fleet of Volvos for free. Just inquire with the concierge. Mojitos are the outdoor pool were refreshing. Dinner at Stickneys was also very nice. Drinks and light food at the Cave and in the Princess Room were lovely (Although I found it odd that they served a turkey and cheese sandwich to us in a cardboard box that was triple wrapped with saran wrap). One downside to our stay: our room was NYC small..very tiny, which I did not expect for being such a large hotel. It was the standard queen room, so if I had to do it again I would choose something bigger. I also would not go through the hotel's official website. Their reservations team was not very helpful and their rates were not as advertised. Hotels.com was a much better service.
2 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
"Wonderful enchanted resort"
Love this place! Took wife for 10th wedding anniversary. Even though we left kids at home many families there and very kid friendly. Lots of activities and great hiking biking trails on resort premises. Staff very courteous. If I had one complaint its that the hotel is loud since its an old place. If you want quiet I suggest you ask for top floor so u don't hear running pounding feet at 7am
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Adam
"a wonderful getaway"
Can not speak highly enough about this top rate hotel/resort. You can be as active as you wish or just enjoy the breath taking mountain views from the grand porches. Can't wait to return!!!
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Christine
"Breathtaking views!"
On the bucket list- check! Grand hotel in the midst of the White Mountains. You go back in time…except for the prices. So much to do and see in the area.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Red
"Beautiful hotel, central to mountains."
We had a lovely stay. It was very serene. We had a wonderful view of the mountains out the window of our room. The hotel/resort has many amenities including swimming, horseback riding, golf, and hiking. There a number of restaurants and bars to choose from. The grounds are impeccable. Hanging baskets adorn the expansive porch facing Mt. Washington. Sitting on the porch was in such high demand we often had difficulty getting a seat.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
Alan
"Good job staff"
Beautiful views,hotel and lots of activities on and off site which the shuttle will take u to
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
John E.
"Spetacular Mountain views!"
This was one of my best vacations in year's! Sitting on the comfortable couches on the porches looking at the mountains was spectacular!
2 night trip Aug 4, 2014
We have been coming for years but there are a few problems....for the past couple of years although the workers are wonderful and charming, the meals are late or don't come at all.
3 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Mt Washington Hotel Dream"
The hotel is located in a very splendid location. We felt like we were staying in a castle in Austria. Looking over the White Mountains, I was able to feel the stress melt away. Property and the hotel was beautiful. We took a guided history tour of the hotel which I would recommend doing. Plenty of activities for everyone. My personal favorite was sipping on a drink called the Maple Storm on the large veranda that overlooked the mountains. Staff very friendly. Hotel is said to be haunted by the late owner Princess Caroline and our ceiling fan did turn on and off by itself every night between 11:30 & midnight, but we just thanked her for a lovely stay.
2 night romance trip Aug 11, 2014
Corrine & Jeff
"Wonderful 3 days"
We have driven by several times and decided to stay to celebrate "big" birthdays. What a treat. Golfing, tennis and horse back riding. Stickneys dinner was tremendous. Bretton woods inn dining was intimate and lovely. Gorgeous grounds to walk. A true delight for a special occasion
3 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Beautiful location!"
Staff were very kind and helpful! I especially liked the elevator gentleman who spoke Spanish. Every time I got on we smiled and he taught me more and more Spanish. In fact I took a pic of the two of us. He was so friendly and kind and made the ride fun!!
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
"don't accept an upgrade ask rather where the room"
we were "upgraded" to a larger room and found it located just above the noisy airconditioners and a view on the service amenities.. the hotel itself is splendid and staff very friendly however it is a cash machine , they make you pay for every little thing (water in the room 6$, breakfast 25$/person) so watch out once you're there. and.ask for a room with a view on Mount Washington
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
paul
"Very Good"
Overall very good. Pricey but thats known going in. I wish the outdoor pool was a bit cleaner.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
familyguy
"First time guest, definitely returning."
My wife and I had a great weekend away. We both were in awe by the old world luxury of the hotel. Great staff everywhere we went. Had a great meal in Stickney's Steakhouse, sat and had a great time until the restaurant closed. Can't wait to return
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2014
"Quick trip"
Overall a nice resort. Disappointed that our family members booked a 2 bed room for a week for $230/ night. We stayed for one night in a one bed room for $450/ night. We only found this out after the fact or would not have stayed there.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
"Great place -- too expensive"
Great location; had a very small room for $ 450. View from porch/veranda spectacular. Best margarita I have ever had ($15) but worth it. Once in a lifetime experience -- probably does not merit a second.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Arthur
"a beautiful hotel and area"
its really breath takingly beautiful. there are an abundance of activities available to participate in. my only complaint would be the lack of personnel working the front desk. and poor elevator service
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
David McCarthy
Overall the service was good, but maid service left something to be desired. Before I check out time, maid took personal items from my room and I had to go to security to retrieve some of them. Other items were not returned.
3 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"Fabulous hotel!"
The one and only issue was that we couldn't get coffee at 6am before we hiked Mt. Washington.
2 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2014
"Beautiful hotel nestled in the mountains"
Great getaway. Peaceful and elegant setting in the mountains. Took advantage of Mt. Washington Cog train and drive along Kancamagus drive, visited Flume Gorge- great two hour walk.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"$$$expensive$$$$"
the place is an amazing glimps of the past..elegant ..views to die for.lots of spoiled brats running around,it is a family resort.you definetly relax if you want, miles long coverd porch's, eat, drink, read or sleep,service and whatever at your fingertips....delivered with a smile .the alpine feel i enjoy.it is emense, lots of restoration needed.I would go back,BRING YOUR WALET FULL OF CASH/CREDIT CARDS,YOU WILL NEED BOTH!
2 night trip Aug 4, 2014
PEA DEE
"had a great 3rd stay. lovely setting. I"
The formal dining room dinner leaves much to be desired. Too pricey. Entres limited.
1 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2014
Emurriel
"Nice, but expensive"
Very good hotel, but I think it is a little expensive for its services.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2014
"History comes alive"
This property was built in 1902 and the interior has been maintained to look much as it did back then. The hotel is situated in a breathtaking setting with Mt.Washington as a background. All amenities are available such as indoor & outdoor pools, golf, tennis,horseback riding and more. A full service spa with it's own private,outdoor hot tube is available. Ample dining facilities are on the grounds or a short drive away. Room was spotless and the extremely friendly staff was very courteous.
4 night romance trip Jul 6, 2014
brunat
"Perfect Family Vacation"
This hotel is ideal for families with kids. We stayed three days and participated in all the 4th of July activities including family fun run (5k around beautiful grounds overlooking Mt. Wash), parade, theater performance, tug o war, and potato sack races. The staff is super friendly here and not pretentious. My kids are toddlers and they loved the indoor and outdoor pools, seeing the horses right on the property, exploring the grounds, and the air hockey in the arcade. We loved the Starbucks coffee bar free in the morning and the ability to buy cereal cups, lattes, fruit and yogurt, etc. in the lower level cafe Morsels. We also loved the free shuttle to Fabyans for a kid friendly less expensive dinner option. There is a daily resort fee which we didn't mind since we used the pool daily and it included valet parking. The resort is beautiful with expansive grounds and our room was large with two queens and a large closet to keep all the kid stuff in. Large bathroom with luxury linens and toiletries. We will stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2014
"World class service and surroundings, Great Hotel!"
My wife and I visited for our 30th anniversary and from the moment we arrived until we left the staff was incredibly attentive and showered us with extras. They do all the little things that make a guest feel special, and the big things are handled with style and class. Every member of the staff has a friendly word and a genuine smile for the guests, and the quality of the Omni training program is clearly evident. The hotel itself defines grand and although it was very warm during our visit, the lobby and public rooms were comfortable and guests enjoyed cool breezes from the open doors and windows. The entire hotel is air conditioned but it is rarely needed. Food was exceptional in a variety of restaurants and I would recommend the alfresco dining options around sunset. Bothersome insects were mysteriously absent. Absolutely do not miss the Hotel History tour. Its given twice a day and is without charge. I cannot imagine a better setting for a romantic weekend or vacation with a family. The only thing that you need to bring is plenty of money or a really good credit card.
2 night trip Jun 29, 2014
Jesse
Fantastic place for family trip. Golf, Horseback riding, hiking, zipline, archery etc. Need a few days to do it all. Amazing hotel.
3 night trip Jun 26, 2014
JB
"Great old New England hotel"
Had a great time with our family reunion. Plenty of activities for kids of all ages. Wonderful views of Mount Washington while sitting on the porch!
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
Les H.
"Beauty in the White Mountains"
I love this hotel, its location, the quality and level of service is unsurpassed. The scenery is breath taking, the hotel offers a huge variety of activities, so you can be as busy as you want to be. Sit and relax whilst enjoying the scenery or zip line/horse ride etc. whilst enjoying the scenery. The hotel itself is old and magnificent but equipped with the very latest modern conveniences. It is worth noting that when the hotel is at full capacity it can be noisy, you can hear doors closing and people talking in the hallway as they pass your room, but don't let that affect your stay.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Relaxing on the porch with Mount Washington view"
This historic hotel includes modern conveniences and is located with beautiful views of Mount Washington. Be sure to do the one hour guided tour of the hotel to learn about the fascinating history. My husband golfed at the adjoining 18 hole course, there is also a 9 hole course. The staff are friendly, helpful and efficient, including the wait staff. You can sit in comfy chairs on the huge porch and chat or read while enjoying the view. You can order drinks and limited menu items on the porch. We at at the Stickneys and were seated outdoors. My lamb chops and fingerling potatoes were excellent. Hubby's steak was also excellent and we enjoyed a wonderful creamed spinich with Parmesan cheese. The rooms are a bit small especially the bathroom but comfortable and the windows open!
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
MW
"Great Getaway"
From start to finish, this was worth the trip. The location is over the top as was the staff and the facility. We were celebrating our anniversary and they went the extra mile from chocolate covered strawberries in our room to very special treatment the entire weekend. Everything was perfect-we couldn't have asked for more. The Mt. Washington Hotel is an outstanding place to visit. It was hard to leave!
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"Beautiful relaxing getaway"
The hotel was wonderful very relaxing lots of amenities however room we had was a bit small, very tiny bathroom was a bit disappointing. A friend got a great deal on groupon, she raved about the size and beauty of the bathroom in her room, ours was not so great. Food and drinks a bit over priced
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Kelly curran
Very pleasant
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Terry Fike
"This place is like the hotel in The Shining"
I love this hotel. It was built in 1902 and the owners made a conscious effort to restore rather than replace. So the lighting fixtures, moldings, elevators, (some of)furniture are all original. I would really recommend this hotel to people who wish they had a personal time machine to go back in time. The only con is that it is pretty expensive.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Mama zing mountain retreat"
It was everything we were expecting and more. Dining was excellent. The staff was very helpful
Other trip May 5, 2014