All hotels in Grandville, Michigan, United States of America
3825 28th St Sw, Grandville, MI, 49418, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.7
"okay"
room was what I expected. But the power went out so we were in the dark, in the morning. Went to the front desk, but could not find anyone to talk to. nobody ever showed up, I think they were hiding so they did not have to refund anybodys money for not having any back-up provisions.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
No ESPN Channel on the TV!! First time ever in a hotel without that channel. Very surprised
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2015
mark
"Bare bones but clean"
Despite the massive road construction and the place being a bit run-down, I was happy overall with the condition. The rooms were clean and the place did not smell. The aesthetics were bare and the rooms were clean enough. Also the wifi only worked if you were close to the door. The breakfast was mediocre.
Response by Days Inn and Suites Grand Rapids/Grandville
Dear William, i glad to heat that you was happy overall with the condition. The rooms were clean and the place did not smell. Our staff working hard to satisfy our guest and we just added Comcast high speed internet
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"College visit..."
Was here to visit GVSU with my son. The motel was close to everything and just off the interstate. Only down fall and this is not the hotels fault was the road construction that was going on. Made it a little difficult getting in and out of the parking lot. But everything with the hotel was wonderful. Breakfast was very good.
Response by Days Inn and Suites Grand Rapids/Grandville
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your valuable time and understanding about road construction . Gland to hear that everything with the hotel was wonderful. Breakfast was very good.
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
TOOTSIE
"Nightmare"
Fraud: paid for 2 bedrooms for 2 nights, only got 1 bed for 1 night. Everything was broken: a/c didn't work, bathroom door didn't close, window was cracked, signs in lobby saying things were out of service, old mattress in front of door to business center.... Manager told us that he wasn't going to bill us for a 2nd night but then did it anyhow. Another traveler (who called the police) told us there was sewage leak in the lobby. Lies about a/c. Lies about charges. Lies about beds and rooms.
Response by Days Inn and Suites Grand Rapids/Grandville
Dear Guest, I do apologize that you misunderstood about booking that you had booked Two Room Suite with One Queen bed and That room we rented you but unfortunately you had more guest then you booked and registered so we were unable free upgrade. Our Construction is over now so hope you under stand
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
Alice
"great for me"
I was between dorm assignments and needed a place to rest between classes and my work schedule. This hotel was clean , quiet, and right around the corner from my job. A great value and a nice place to stay.
Response by Days Inn and Suites Grand Rapids/Grandville
Dear Guest. i do appreciate your valuable time to share your stay experience . you stated that This hotel was clean , quiet, a.A great value and a nice place to stay
5 night trip Jul 26, 2015
"Good for the price"
Have stayed here a few times. It is great one night stay . the price helps me overlook some of the less then stellar things about the room .
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"The HOT MESS weekend"
1. Got a call on 7-31 @ 12:30pm that CC would not go through and if we did not call in 30 minutes we would lose room. I had planned on paying with a bank card and had not realized that the card I made the reservation with was full. I got the call late. I did end up getting the room. 2. Checked in and paid. Got to rooms (2) and had one room key. Went back to desk and staff staff told us.."well not all parties check in together". I paid in full and we were all standing there. 3. Room was very warm. Room #120 we turned down the air and room stayed at 81 degrees. Room was dirty. Toilet seat dirty/ curtains had large brown stain/ bathroom door had particle board that came off more each time the door opened and closed....leaving brown shards of wood in the bath/ lights dim over mirror/ microwave had what appeared to be burned cord and not plugged in/ clock broken not working/ bed was a sleep number and was hard...could not make soft/ Meal area unclean 4. Asked for rollaway beds....$10 each night. Matress were stained and nasty. 5. Asked staff to check air when we went for dinner. WE CAME BACK TO THE FIRST FLOOR WINDOW OPEN WITH A FAN...OUR BELONGINGS TOTALLY EXPOSED TO ANYONE WHO WANTED TO BREAK THE SCREEN AND ROB US. NO ONE CALLED TO SEE IF THAT WAS OK TO OPEN THE WINDOW OR TO TELL US THAT THEY COULD NOT FIX THE AIR. OR THAT THERE WERE NO MORE ROOMS. We did get 25% off the 81 degree stay. We feel we more should have been done.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"FRAUD! Lies about room and charges!"
Horrible experience! Was charged for 2 bedrooms and 2 nights but only received 1 bedroom and 1 night. The air conditioning doesn't work (room 79deg). Several guests complained about the bad a/c, which seems to have been a problem for several months (year?), hotel had multiple excuses: you need to set it at 68deg only for it to work, they can't repair because hotel is too busy, only some rooms can use a/c at a time... In our room the window glass was cracked, the bathroom door wouldn't shut, the fabric of the carpet and furniture seemed greasy with ink stains, the sink had parts that had come off, the mini-fridge was askew. Multiple things (water fountain, front door, printer) had "out of service" signs, a mattress blocked the door to the conference center, wifi was spotty. Another guest claimed that there was a sewage leak in the lobby (explains the smell and cordoned-off area), they called the police. We booked a "two bedroom" suite but they don't actually have any two bedroom suites. But that is what was advertised and what we paid for, so my mother had no where to sleep. First they offered a single room with two beds but no working lock. Then they lent us a roller-bed but wouldn't give us a pillow. The ONE bedroom suite does not have a door between it and the living area. The manager told us and Expedia that he would not charge us for a second night, then changed his mind after we were re-booked into a new hotel, so we were stuck paying for two places at once.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
Alice
"Recommend to anyone"
Clean room, very spacious, comfy beds. I like how the bathroom was in the middle so we had two rooms plus two tvs. So the adults could relax in one room and the kids in the other.Only complaint was the jets in the tub didnt work and thr a/c didnt work either so it was a little hot in the room. Other than that it was a nice place to stay.
Response by Days Inn and Suites Grand Rapids/Grandville
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share your stay experience and glad to hear about hotel Clean room, very spacious, comfy beds. I like how the bathroom was in the middle so we had two rooms plus two tvs. So the adults could relax in one room and the kids in the other.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
"Terrible GM who takes no care if his place"
AC wasn't working ( was set up on 67, temp remained hot and got to 88), manager stated that AC was working, even though the thermostat showed different thing. I believe that GM adjusted the system not to work to save money in the electricity. Lots if things are broken in the hotel: water fountain, other things Glass was found on the floor and my husband cut his foot.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
family of 3
"I would not stay here again"
My first impression was that this hotel is very outdated old carpet and dirty carpet smell in the lobby. When I pulled up I noted doors that said Conference room and there was a mattress against the doors. Not a good first impression. When I got to my room none of the lamps were plugged and one of the lamps didn't have a bulb, and the air conditioner did not work well. The front desk staff were nice which probably was the best thing about the hotel. When I used the shower there was a hair in the shower which clearly wasn't my hair. I stayed for the night but wouldn't stay more than one night at this place. I will not be coming back.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2015
Tennile
"WOULD NEVER STAY AGAIN"
Hotel was Dark and not very friendly. Beds were Sleep Number One of my beds didn't work at all. The other bed one side was hard as a rock and the other side was completely flat. Ended up sleeping in a chair. TV had only a couple channels. Breakfast was horrible. Frozen eggs you had to microwave... And worst part was i seen bugs on each bed. Not sure what kind one was full of flood, as I killed it and splattered blood... Disgusting. And when I mentioned the beds to the front desk she blamed me for not calling down in the middle of the night.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Angel
"Clean and quiet good location"
Older but clean well taken care of and very nice rooms,sleep number beds a plus,,, great value
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Seemore
cut foot on the glass, found on the carpet. AC did not work, and as i checked reviews online, it has not been working at all. The manager (from India) knows about the issue and ignores it! by staying there and NOT complaining, you are putting your family at risk and let such a awful hotel thrive in business! When I addressed the AC issue with the manager, he offered me to find other place, which of course, everything affordable in the area was sold out. He knows what he is doing and taking advantage of customers. I am pretty sure, he does not fix the AC so he can save money. If you turned out to be a victim of this man, and this hotel was literally a trap, remember, you have to keep your family safe and healthy! this is NOT the place of safe and healthy!
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
family of 3
Room was clean,minus the occasional stain on linens and towels, but it's in desperate need of a makeover. A/C also wouldn't go below 80 and Wifi didn't work.
2 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2015
"Good service, oddly outfitted room."
The ball was dropped by Hotels.com apparently. When I arrived about 30 minutes after making a reservation, the staff had no information about my reservation and didn't have the type of room that I reserved. According to them, they didn't have that type of room since 8 plus hours earlier that day. The staff was very helpful but the room was humid. The A/C system didn't seem to be working well. The furnishings in the room look to be left overs and partially broken. The TV stand was leaning back towards the wall and looked like it was part of a unit. The furniture wasn't practical and there was no place to sit with a laptop to try and get some work done. Breakfast which was included was ample and filling, the highlight of the stay honestly.
Response by Days Inn and Suites Grand Rapids/Grandville
Dear Guest Thank you very much for rating our hotel 4 out of 5 per your stay experience . Yes, our staff is very delighted to provide excellent sertvice to make your stay pleasure
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
"I would go again."
Good service, good location, good price, good breakfast. I would go again for the price I paid.
Response by Days Inn and Suites Grand Rapids/Grandville
Thanks for sharing your stay as Good service, good location, good price, good breakfast. I would go again for the price I paid
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
"Review"
We stay there for one night: the hotel was outdated, but it was clean . Sonny at the front desk was very nice and professional . For the price we paid, it was good and we will stay there again . They even had a decent breakfast which i was not expecting .
Response by Days Inn and Suites Grand Rapids/Grandville
Thanks for sharing your experience that it was clean . Sonny at the front desk was very nice and professional . For the price we paid, it was good and we will stay there again . They even had a decent breakfast which i was not expecting
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"Not a good experience"
It was over 80 degrees outside when we checked in and the air conditioning was not working. The temperature in the room was marginally less than the temp outside. Tried resetting A/C per desk clerk instructions to no avail. For the first time in over 20 years I had to open a hotel room window to allow airflow. It was not just our room, there were several rooms (maybe all of them) with issues. The Wi-Fi was unusable. The refrigerator in the room did not have the temperature control dial and was barely able to keep a couple of water bottles cool. There had been some spackling repairs in the bathroom, but they had not been repainted. New flat panel TVs in the bedroom and living room, but could only find one remote. We had a suite and the furniture in the living room had some stains and was outdated. My wife did not want to take a shower the next day because the bathroom looked creepy. The room just looked tired. It was like stepping into a hotel room in another country that time had forgotten.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Keith
"Don't stay here!"
The air conditioner did not work. When I told the front desk about it, I was given a fan. Wifi was not accessible in the room. The room and other facilities were run down in need of remodeling. The staff did not seem very well trained and did not seem to know how to work with the guest.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
James R
"Worst idea ever!"
The AC was broken! Never fixed the entire time we were there. It's 90 outside and 91 in the rooms! The hotel didn't even offer to compensate us for the issue with the air! If I wouldn't have been stuck in the room, I would have went to another hotel. I will never use this hotel again!
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Weekend travel
"Not to far from holland"
Overall we had a good stay, air conditioning was not working. Alot of construction around the hotel making it difficult to get in the drive. Staff was very accommodating. Would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Nice hotel but A/C and internet lacking"
The room was clean and the staff were good. The Air Conditioning would not get the room any cooler than 74 degrees and the internet was terrible. only .24 meg per second made it totally useless. I think dial-up would probably be faster.
2 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Robert J
"beware!"
Stayed one night with 2 kids. Cable was out so no tv. Air conditioning not working, it was cooler outside than our 80 degree room. A lady walked into our room without knocking to look at it. I called the lobby and was put on hold several minutes. Called back about ac, someone looked at it, never dropped below 78. We opened the windows. Bad was rock hard, breakfast had frozen egg patties, minimal variety. Please do not stay here, they advertise what they donot provide, even internet was slow.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
"Barely bare bones"
Everything seemed out-of-order: internet was out of order, one of the doors to enter the building, the water fountain, vending machine. Even the lock on my hotel room door didn't work, so had the front desk open the door each time. Staff was friendly, but was very bare bones to change clothes and sleep for one night. On the upside, I was not murdered nor felt like my safety was at risk--so, two stars.
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2015
"Changed rooms 3 times"
The first 2 rooms we were placed in had NO air conditioning (that worked), uncomfortable beds, one was being "re-done" and it truly was dirty. The only part was the friendly staff (2 people in particular) who moved us upstairs to a "real" hotel room. Yet, for the inconvenience, I would not stay again.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Rachel
"Clean rooms were the high point"
Overall, the experience was not bad, but there were several things which detracted from the experience. Most importantly, the apples which they put at breakfast for guests to eat were terrible. Several had rotten spots on them, and one was so bad that I just threw it away. The internet never seemed to work properly; it was in and out over the three days we were there. Several times I had to turn on the internet on my phone just so I could get some work done. While the rooms were clean, there were no instructions on how to use the Sleep Number beds, so it took us a couple of nights to get the hang of them.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Business Trip 07/06/2015"
Motel and property clean and maintained. Currently major road construction in front of motel making for difficulties entering and exiting parking lot. No restaurants and fast food stores in the immediate area.
3 night business trip Jul 6, 2015
Everett
"Do Not Stay Here"
While the room was clean enough, I have two pretty major complaints. I needed to work during my stay, so I searched places with Wi-fi. It was so slow that I checked back out after 10 minutes. I could run to the source of information and complete the work before a page downloaded. I told the front desk person and his response was "Some hotels pay $500 per month for fast service, we do not want to, so we pay $50, that is what we have." Furthermore, the material on the stairs was so threadbare I slipped and fell on the way down to the reception area. The manager on duty saw and head it, and others were there asking me if I was alright, and yet he did not even acknowledge it. Almost surreal.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
JJ
"gr8 for a getaway"
Good value for the cost of rm stay. Furniture need to be updated. Flat screen tv's was a plus. Jacuzzi worked great.
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
christopher
"Sleeping only"
The Room was very clean with 2 Queen size sleep number beds. Room felt small with no room to walk around we had 2 adults and 2 small children ( 2/1/2 and 1 year of age) but were were only in the room to sleep so it was fine. My sister's room had 1 Queen size bed and a sitting room it was very nice with a lot of room. The staff was friendly and helpful. The internet keep going out and by 9:30am the breakfast was pretty much empty. I would have no problem staying at this hotel again.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
JAC
"No air conditioning or Internet"
We had a suite (Room 103) which consisted of a queen bedroom, a small hall area with sink and mini kitchen, and a living room area with pull out couch.(no door separating areas) The queen bed is a sleep number but it was not adjustable. Luckily, we found the bed comfortable anyway. The a/c was not working in our room the entire time. We alerted an employee and he told us to turn it off and wait 30 minutes to turn it back on and it would reset. We did as instructed with no improvement. He tried to blame it on our showers. Broken a/c should have been an obvious problem to the housekeeping staff but it does not seem as if anyone in this hotel takes ownership to quickly resolve problems. When we complained again an employee told us the a/c gets turned off in the evening on cool nights - regardless of the temperature of the room! The Internet was not working consistently during our stay either. We did not use it but there was a computer and printer for guests in the lobby. Breakfast was good but we had to ask for several items to be refilled each morning. One day there was a sewage back up in the laundry room and water was basically shut off in the hotel. It seemed everywhere we looked something was broken. The check out employee did adjust our rate after we shared that a/c was not working our entire stay which made us feel better about the level of customer service. On vacation I would rather stay in a hotel where things are in good repair.
3 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Reasonable cost considering what others were. Breakfast was very good - and much variety. The rooms more than met our needs - good night's rest and showers... etc.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Pastor Jahn
Everything in the room was outdated. The carpet needed to be replaced. In general, it just felt dirty. There were stains on the comforters, and other furniture as well as dirt in the bathtub jets.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Unpleasant stay. Keep off"
we were assigned room that had a bed cover with blood stains. after informing the front office, they reassigned us another room that had no tissue, when we asked for tissue we were told to go and get it for ourselves from the front desk. The toilet was blocked, we reported to the front desk, we were asked to go get the plunger and do it ourselves. REALLY!!
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
"Better off camping"
The a/c never went below 74, furniture stained and needed cleaned, some kinda smell that would not go away, sleep number bed that didn't work, and lastly...no sink in the bathroom, yep I wrote that right, no sink in the bathroom...it was in the hallway next to the microwave. Won't be booking here again.
2 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
Gina
Sleep number beds did not work. One bed was hard as a rock and the other was deflated. Air conditioning barely worked. No air conditioning in breakfast area just one small window.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
"Worst hotel I've stayed in."
We requested a room close to a door due to difficulty walking. They tried to put us on the second floor, finally put on first floor at the end of the hall away from the door. The whole place smelled bad. Found a pill on the floor, so evidently it wasn't cleaned. We were suppose to stay 3 nights, we left after 1. Utility room left open all day/night. Hall floor had a dip covered by carpet, a tripping hazard. Beds were suppose to be Sleep Number beds, one the remote didn't have a back and fell off the headboard where it was propped and the battery fell out. The second didn't work, so both beds were like sleeping on concrete.
3 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
Deborah
"Disappointing Stay"
Sadly, the rooms very not clean at all. The bed linens were fresh, but we found a variety of items on the sides and edges of the beds where the full vacuum would not reach (toenail clippings, cheetos). White stains on the headboards were cleaned up by us. The beds were sleep number beds, but the remotes would not work. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and helped us get them to where they were not so hard, but during the night, they must have gone back. Very uncomfortable :(. Breakfast was very good, and the owners were friendly, but the rooms were not clean and the beds were extremely uncomfortable.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
"Great price"
We were attending a conference in the area. They were very helpful with directions and even printed us a map!
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Sandra
"Clean hotel with minor issues"
I was in town for a wedding shower and I booked at this hotel due to its proximity to where I needed to be and the great price. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean as was the bathroom. The only issues were minor...the room was too hot and the toilet was wobbly. I didn't eat the breakfast so I can't speak to that.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
cisi
"No AC, No Respect"
i was given a room with no airconditioning. absolutely horrible service, there was 1 woman working the desk so there was always a line. i called the front desk asking to switch rooms for 4 hours before i finally got a new room with AC. the room temp was 78 degrees and the hostes brought me a small fan.. which did nothing. no comps or credits were offered for me having to switch rooms at midnight when she finally got around to assisting me! very bad experience.
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
Jon
My family and I came to stay to attend a conference. The air did not work in the hotel so it was very hot. There was also inappropriate substances on the carpet that grossed us out. We will not be staying here again.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Tara
"Overnight stay."
The hotel itself had an awful smell. The elevator got stuck. The rooms were ok. Not the best or worst I've been in. The beds were sleep number beds but they didn't work so it wasn't comfortable.
1 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
"Nice older hotel. Clean.safe grounds and rooms."
No complaints staff helpful and pleasant. Close to my venue.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
"Hot Box in Grandville"
Upon entering the room we noticed a smell that was unpleasant. We figured it was because the air wasn't on. We checked the thermostat and found the temperature was 79 degrees. I tried to reset it but didn't change after an hour. I complained to the front desk. All I got was fan and directions on how to try and fix it. After trying to reset it and waiting the required time the temp went up to 80 degrees. It was cooler in the hallway then it was in our room. (Rm 122) We were there for the Joyce Meyer conference and it is being scheduled for next year at the same place. Needless to say we will NOT be staying at the Days Inn in Grand Rapids, or any other Days Inn in the future.
1 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
Robert j
We stayed overnight for a conference. The beds were comfortable. Couldn't adjust shower for harder spray. It is sad that the area around hotel is run down. That isn't the hotels fault. The people were friendly. We don't stay long, as long as we can get a good sleep we are happy. It was quiet and comfortable.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
kimme
"If you have no other choice."
Eh, It was a hotel. Beds wee sleep number beds that did not work. Room appeared clean but "felt" dirty. Staff was there but didn't really make you feel welcome.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
Matthew
"Worst night ever!"
The worst nights stay ever. Hair in the sheets and bathroom. Dirty bathroom and carpets were filthy. Could not find the remote for the tv and no one called us back. The air conditioning was also broken and it was 80 in the room. Would never stay there again and never recommend it to anyone!
1 night family trip May 29, 2015