All hotels in Grandville, Michigan, United States of America
3825 28th St Sw, Grandville, MI, 49418, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.9
"Better off camping"
The a/c never went below 74, furniture stained and needed cleaned, some kinda smell that would not go away, sleep number bed that didn't work, and lastly...no sink in the bathroom, yep I wrote that right, no sink in the bathroom...it was in the hallway next to the microwave. Won't be booking here again.
2 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
Gina
Sleep number beds did not work. One bed was hard as a rock and the other was deflated. Air conditioning barely worked. No air conditioning in breakfast area just one small window.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
"No AC, No Respect"
i was given a room with no airconditioning. absolutely horrible service, there was 1 woman working the desk so there was always a line. i called the front desk asking to switch rooms for 4 hours before i finally got a new room with AC. the room temp was 78 degrees and the hostes brought me a small fan.. which did nothing. no comps or credits were offered for me having to switch rooms at midnight when she finally got around to assisting me! very bad experience.
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
Jon
My family and I came to stay to attend a conference. The air did not work in the hotel so it was very hot. There was also inappropriate substances on the carpet that grossed us out. We will not be staying here again.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Tara
"Hot Box in Grandville"
Upon entering the room we noticed a smell that was unpleasant. We figured it was because the air wasn't on. We checked the thermostat and found the temperature was 79 degrees. I tried to reset it but didn't change after an hour. I complained to the front desk. All I got was fan and directions on how to try and fix it. After trying to reset it and waiting the required time the temp went up to 80 degrees. It was cooler in the hallway then it was in our room. (Rm 122) We were there for the Joyce Meyer conference and it is being scheduled for next year at the same place. Needless to say we will NOT be staying at the Days Inn in Grand Rapids, or any other Days Inn in the future.
1 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
Robert j
"If you have no other choice."
Eh, It was a hotel. Beds wee sleep number beds that did not work. Room appeared clean but "felt" dirty. Staff was there but didn't really make you feel welcome.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
Matthew
"Worst night ever!"
The worst nights stay ever. Hair in the sheets and bathroom. Dirty bathroom and carpets were filthy. Could not find the remote for the tv and no one called us back. The air conditioning was also broken and it was 80 in the room. Would never stay there again and never recommend it to anyone!
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
We had a great stay. Breakfast was wonderful!
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Would Not Stay Again If It Were Free"
There is not a pool. The jacuzzi only has five jets up front. There was dust balls in between the cabinet doors that you could see wen they were closed. The room temp was set at 76 degrees and could not be lowered. They offered a fan but since I have central air, I drove an hour home. It was cooler in the lobby than in my room. I wa in the room for an hour total and management refused to speak to me when I called the next day and offered only 15% off max via male staff.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Tenisha
"most uncomfortable stay every."
The hotel air condition was off. They had their doors opened. They said it was on but the fan was constantly running. Went out to look at the air conditioning unit and it was not running. Did not want to argue any more. The most uncomfortable stay ever,it was raining so could not even open window. Jacuzzi advertise in rooms also not working. Will never stay there again.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Quick stay for a quick getaway!"
Due to festivities, I didn't get to check in until the middle of the night. Staff was waiting for me and had taken the liberty to request late check out even before I asked.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2015
Santiago
"Friendly staff"
Staff was very friendly, room was clean. Only problem was the bathtub showed it's age. It was a jetted bath and motor was very loud. Plus, it took a long time to fill the tub. These were minor problems compared to other hotels. Definitely would stay there again as it was quiet and was located close to where I wanted to be.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Over-all Satisfaction"
It was a little girlfriend get-a-way. It was nice. the hotel was a little understaffed...but all in all it met our needs when it came to cleanliness and comfort and that was our main concern. Two employees in particular were awesome - very accommodating, with stellar customer service skills Raj and Matt - great job guys! We would definitely book it again.
2 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2015
delcena
"Better than expected"
Our stay was just fine!! Employees nice, room clean, breakfast was huge and wonderful. The only thing I would ask for is more than one bar if soap in the room..
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Robin
"Good Nights Sleep"
I thought the room was nice. Loved the sleep number beds. Had a prompt wake up call and breakfast was stocked nicely. Only 10 minutes from downtown Grand Rapids, easy on and off highway.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Tracey
"Simple, clean and convenient"
Not fancy, but everything was clean, neat and working properly. An older hotel, but very well maintained. Staff is excellent. If you are looking for an inexpensive room, you will not find a better place.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"volleyball"
There to play in the Lake Michigan Open Power League (Volleyball) - in between GVSU and GRCC. 15 minutes from Devos, right of 196. Already booked for next two visits in April and May! Mr. Vyjay was extremely accomodating - got us checked in early so we didn't have to fuss later after playing. This has been renovated, painters were there (not in the evening making noise like some places) - the the renovating continues. Breakfast was perfect and started at 6.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
"Fixer upper"
I live in IN and stay at this hotel every time I visit GR. After this visit I am rethinking that choice. It is usually clean with a decent breakfast. The front desk guys are really friendly. This last visit however was very disappointing. Our room wasn't cleaned properly. The floor wasn't vacuumed and the coffee maker had old coffee in it. That could have been over looked had it not been for the black stuff in the toilet. It was so gross. The breakfast was not good this time either. The breakfast breads, muffins and bagels were all dry, the oatmeal partially cooked, and because they don't offer a hot breakfast people lined up for the make your own waffles. I'll give them another chance because this was not their normal practices, but let me tell you, if this kind of hotel stay happens again, we will not come back.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
K
"Grandville Days Inn served its purpose"
The Days Inn, Grandville is looking a little frayed around the edges, but it was clean, safe, and reasonably priced. The carpet is looking worn, there are wall patches that have not been completed. One second story EMERGENCY EXIT LIGHT was out. The beds were very firm and only about a 7 on the comfort scale. For someone looking mainly for basic accommodations for an overnight tournament, it was quite suitable
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
Stanley
"Nice for a night or two"
Nice staff, very nice sleep number bed, bathroom could use some updating but it was clean & building was quiet
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
k
Friendly staff, hotel lacks updates. Wifi did not work on most electronics.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Dissapointed, but at least the bed was comfortable"
Room was poorly constructed and maintained, didn't present as it appeared in the pictures online. Looks like it was hastily remodeled at some point, very poor drywall, paint and trim job. We had a room with a jetted tub and immediately noticed short, coarse black hair all over in the tub. The bed also contained these hairs as well as questionable stains on pillow cases and comforter. Walls, curtains, lamp shades were dirty and stained. Upon reporting this at the front desk, the clerk called the manager and he was unwilling to refund our money or make any ammends to the situation. The clerk was very friendly and appologetic and offered to come up and clean the tub as well as provide fresh sheets and towels. The sleep number bed was very comfortable and the tub worked well and we did enjoy it once it was clean. The TV was big but there were very few channels and the picture quality on every channel was extremely poor and the audio did not sync with the picture. I didn't think the breakfast was too bad but my wife refused to eat much and was not pleased with the quality/selection. Overall, the hotel is not bad if you don't expect too much but would not recommend it for vacation purposes. I thought it would be a nice place to take my wife for her birthday weekend since it had a jetted tub but I think I was expecting a little higher quality and it ended up setting a disapointing tone for the rest of the weekend once we found out we were stuck at this hotel.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Chad
"only thing decent was location"
Room was NOT as described. Was a 2 room jacuzzi suite, not a 2 bedroom jacuzzi suite as advertised. Still charged me for a roll away even when it was not my screw up. Bathroom and jacuzzi tub were dirty, and faucet handle was broken. Breakfast left something to be desired.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
Emily
"The One Stop Hop!"
Hotel was nice and the front desk people were super. My mattress was in bad shape but everything else was good.The Restaurants were close also.
1 night business trip Jan 31, 2015
Breakfast fast was disappointed. And there was not any staff available.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Not great"
The room was dirty. Towels were stained. Many strange noises coming from the walls and ceilings all night. I won't go back.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Ryan
"Run down hotel"
Our room was very unsatisfing. The bathroom door didn't close and the toilet ran all day and night. The television didn't receive good signal and was dark most of the time. The halls smelled of cigarettes. Overall very disappointed.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
brooke
"Average rating"
Lovely staff but amenities are lacking...breakfast was poor and rooms were tired looking. The bed was comfortable and did get a good sleep.
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
"Holiday visit"
convenient and close most everything in Grandville, MI. A pleasant stay.
3 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"Pleasant service, clean, and quiet"
The hotel staff was very nice. The room was very clean and smelled nice. The jacuzzi was well kept and worked great.
"A pleasant surprise; relaxing and comfortable."
We loved the room. We were there for a hockey tournament. I booked a room with a jetted tub so that my boyfriend could soak after having multiple games in one day. I enjoyed it as soon as we got there since we had a 4.5 hr drive in and arrived at 11pm. So relaxing! I was surprised the room also had a sleep number bed. The room had a separate sitting area in an adjacent room with its own tv which was great in the morning, so not to disturb my boyfriend while he was still sleeping. Plenty of room to keep the hockey gear away from us to air out. We enjoyed the bedroom area in the evenings with the tub and tv and were able to enjoy the sitting area during the day to eat and just hang out in between games. The only down side was that there was no clock in the room. I'd wake up looking around for bright numbers but would have to get my cell phone to get the time. Even in the sitting area, there was no clock. We had to set our phones as alarm to wake us up. I didn't complain, but I found it very strange.
2 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
Meghan
"Vomit sheets included"
Found a set of sheets with vomit stuffed in the corner upon checking in. They accused us of the mess and charged a room cleaning fee. Stay away!
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
"I won't stay again"
They had dleep comfort beds, it wasn't that comfortable for me and there weren't alot of channel choices on there cable package.
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
Room sold as a suite but really was just two small rooms pushed together. Bathtub wouldn't fill and water not warm for bath.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"1 Star Hotel"
The only good part of this hotel was the Sleep Number Bed in the room. Room is very outdated and chairs in Suite very uncomfortable. Not much of a choice on the TV for channels either. Asked if I would like a quiet area of room and I said yes but proceeded to get a room on the main road. Not quiet.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
Chad
"Terrible Experience in Day Inn MI"
The room wasn't clean at all and very smilly also the wasn't clean I spent all night by trying to sleep
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"horrible customer service"
I was very excited to stay there and the hotel was very clean and confortable. The person on the service however was horrible, rude, never smiled and wasn't very helpful. Unfortunately because of the horrible customer service, I won't be staying there again.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
evelyn
"They've made upgrades"
Since my wife and I last stayed there two years ago, the hotel has upgraded their beds to Sleep Number beds and to LED televisions. Great improvements and very comfortable. Breakfast is meh, but lasts all morning. All in all, great place to stay for the price. We'll be back for sure.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Last resort"
No a/c. Rooms were ver dirty. Days Inn staff was very lazy. Rooms and hotel need updating. Would not ever recommend it unless all the camping facilities were booked.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"Nothing great, it is what I expected."
I stayed here during GVSU family weekend. The rate I paid was fair to the quality I received in return. The hotel is in desperate need of renovations, however it was clean for the most part other that the weird smell in the back lobby. The staff was always willing to help and very personable.
Jeff D.
"Buy a screwdriver"
Am I the only one that notices all the little things? When a manager gets to work for the day why wouldn't they walk around their building to pick up litter? Does the manager ever go into the the rooms? The deadbolt lock didn't work but that would have been OK but the flip over lock was falling out of the door frame. The chair for the desk was missing a wheel. Luckily we saw it before we sat in it. The shower curtain rod was loose on both sides so when you are in the shower the shower curtain keeps falling to the middle of the rod because it sagged to the middle. It needs to be anchored down better. So the little things do add up to a better maintained property.
"Parent Weekend at GVSU"
Location was great and easy to get to and from GVSU. Was disappointed with the room. Fridge was not plugged in and didn't work. Clock radio didn't work. Had a hard time getting the sleep number beds to work correctly. Told front desk of issues and they were able to help fix all issues. Not sure the draw of sleeping on a sleep number bed was all that. Did find a fruit loop on the floor after housekeeping cleaned room and no one in our party had eaten fruit loops, so concerned about their thoroughness.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Red
"Dump"
This motel was way below average. The beds were uncomfortable, the air-conditioning did not work and on the last day the elevator was broke. I would not recommend this motel to anyone.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Alright"
Very nice room! Housekeeping staff seemed like they didn't know a lick of English. Front desk clerk when I checked in was not friendly at all. Show a smile and that you actually like customers. Hotel is conveniently located near the mall and not to far from Grand Valley State University! Breakfast was pretty much a different variety of breads!
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"do not book here"
the a/c did not work in the room, also stains all over the furniture
7 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"serves a purpose"
A stain on the sheets, a long hair on the bed cover, and an equal number of dingy-gray towels to go with clean, white towels -- that should give you some idea of what you're getting with this hotel. That said, the room was nice enough -- I had a queen suite -- but this is the kind of place that you're willing to sleep in but wouldn't wish to "stay" in for a long stretch. You get what you pay for, and this hotel is one of the least expensive in the area.
2 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
Without trying to be too harsh this was overall a very disappointing stay. There were two things I liked about this stay. My bed was very comfortable. The concerns I had were expressed to Raj at the front desk who was eager to fix them and very pleasant to deal with. I personally will not stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
etter than driveing 200 miles home. I think 101.00 was to much
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Traveler Beware"
Although the staff was wonderful, this site needs updating and work. The sleep number bed in my suite was broken and needed to be fixed. Had a hot tub, but the jets did not work. Breakfast offering was meager at best. Very disappointed. :(
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Fine Given the Price"
The hotel is sufficient. The price is great. Breakfast provided is nice with good selections. However, the sitting area is small in relation to the number of guests so to gets a bit chaotic and messy. The location is great for shopping etc. Overall, it is a fine enough place to stay.
2 night business trip Aug 15, 2014