All hotels in Highland, New York, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here3423 US Highway 9W, I-87 Exit 18 to I-9W, Highland, NY, 12528, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"close to my sister's house, which was nice"
Very comfortable and clean.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
Tina
"Nice hotel. Nice area."
The last time I stayed in a Super 8 was YEARS ago in Washington State. There wasn't even a bathtub. This place had all the perks of other chains. Very nice. The woman who checked us out volunteered to print a Google map showing the route to FDR's home in Hyde Park when I asked how to get there. Allyn, the guy who checked us in, recommended some local restaurants. Both were friendly, professional.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"Decent motel"
Rooms are clean. Works for a short stay
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"pleasant stay"
Very nice staff, great breakfast for free, clean room, bed could have been a bit harder for my taste, but fine overall.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
The location was close to the highway, but far enough removed so the traffic was hardly audible. the room was clean, and the staff was very attentive. I would stay there again.
2 night trip Jul 13, 2013
m. dezina
"location to museums good."
The only real problem was a barking dog in room 210 which was next to mine. I mentioned it to the desk clerk and nothing changed.I thought no animals were allowed when i signed up.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
JJ
"good deal for what you pay"
The Super 8 may not have the nicest amenities and best rooms but it was a very comfortable place to stay, especially for the price in this location! The rooms were reasonably sized and there were nice conveniences. The breakfast was nothing of note but the staff was polite and we enjoyed our stay.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2013
"Convenient location and Pet Friendly"
This Super 8 was clean and a convenient location to this part of Upstate NY that is Pet Friendly. Recommended.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2013
Ken and Jeanne
"Needs to be cleaner"
The front desk staff are very nice. Second time staying here & they really need to step up the cleaning. Both times rugs near beds are filthy.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2013
"Very nice, new looking hotel."
We stayed after a day at the new Country Living Fair that was held in Rhinebeck, NY. Continental breakfast wasn't all that great but everything else was very nice and nice staff. I would stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Jun 7, 2013
I wasn't impressed with the cleanliness of our room. We had to ask for more towels, soap in the bathroom & pillows were flat. The half & half for the coffee in the morning were spoiled -- I tried about 6 and gave up.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2013
"O.K place to stat."
Comfortable experience. No problems. Thats all the is. No further comments.
Other trip May 31, 2013
"A sleeper"
Attended my daughters graduation at Vassar, and found virtually no vacancy in Poughkeepsie (10 months ago). Was surprised that Highland was half the distance to Fishkill and the room rates at the Highland Super 8 were almost half of the alternatives on the other side of the mid hudson bridge. Very comfortable bed, almost room darkening curtains and 24 hour business ctr made for a restful stay. No reference to this gem on the Vassar commencement "places to stay" but Hotels.com once again saved the day.
3 night trip May 24, 2013
"Housekeeping needs work. Hallways smelled of cigar"
Case of Beer was left in room from prior guests. Hallways smelled of cigarette smoke. Bed was uncomfortable.
Other trip May 28, 2013
Room was clean and service was good comfortable bed but property looks like construction yard trucks all over but I would stay there again
1 night trip Apr 20, 2013
"Decent room, decent price"
Perfect for overnight stop. A few extra minutes off the thruway, but nicer than the discount hotels in nearby New Paltz. Satisfied.
Other trip Apr 21, 2013
"Weekend Getaway!"
If you are looking for a reasonable price/decent hotel stay, this is the place to be. I stayed for a weekend with my fiancé and we had a wonderful time. We would definitely go back.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
Victoria
"Very good for the price, professional staying"
But the surrounding of the bed floor was dirty and the matress sheet refused to stay in place (too much used) so i spend the night directly on the matress.
1 night trip Mar 27, 2013
D. Poirier
Hotel charged me 3 times for a pet fee, said they would credit two them as mistakes, but did not. Have requested that Amex deny pmt
3 night business trip Mar 7, 2013
"not located to were we wanted to be"
never received maid service or clean towels next day i needed to go get them. room coffee or cups,tissue ran out.
2 night trip Jan 2, 2013
"cleaning"
My room was not very clean, i was there with my two sons, 5,6,, candy paper on the floor, and under the bed... but my boys and i had a great time. I hope it was just a bad day for the staff,,, i would like to go back again, i did like the room, and the set up... i was very happy about that for my boys and i. I thank you for your time,,,,
1 night family trip Dec 16, 2012
wendt
"An OK place to stay"
We stayed 3 nights on a family visit. We generally were satisfied with the cleanliness and overall condition of the hotel, plus it was convenient and an accessible location. The continental breakfast was mediocre. Our only negative was that we had to switch rooms upon arrival, because the non-smoking room we were given smelled of cigarette smoke. But the desk clerk was very helpful in getting us another room. Overall it's not spectacular but decent and affordable enough for someone making an overnight stay. I wouldn't have any problem staying there again.
3 night family trip Nov 22, 2012
"ok"
Kind of dreary but average as far as hotels go. Quiet rooms and courteous staff. No bells and whistles but price was good.
Other trip Nov 27, 2012
Jenn
"Quickie - Pizza & beer available"
We drove down for the Rhinebeck Sheep & Wool festival and stayed for only one of two booked nights. We left early because we were done early enough to get home before dinner. Pros: Pizza and (cheap) beer available at the check-in desk. Cons: Room was only spot cleaned. We found an old inhaler (exp 5-11) and receipts behind the nightstand, where we plugged in our phones. Skids in the toilet, no explanation needed.
Other trip Oct 23, 2012
H. Larsen
"Highland NY Motel 8"
We will think twice before staying at a Motel 8 ever again. We had no towels our first and third day. When we came back the second weekend, the second day our room was not cleaned when we return at 3:45 in the afternoon. We put up the do not disturb sign so we could get ready to go out so it never got cleaned at all. The beds and pillows were the most uncomfortable we've ever had. The only good thing we can say was that the hotel desk clerks were very nice.
3 night trip Oct 12, 2012
"never return to super 8"
horrible
Other trip Oct 3, 2012
Expected to hsve srefrigerstor in the room. Was put into an accessible room with no frig.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2012
"World's worst stay"
It was awful, almost an hour away from the location of the event I was attending! Had no idea of the relative location of the motel vis-a-vis the site of the event when booked the room. The info said exit 18 of the NY Thruway but it wasn't even close!
3 night trip Sep 13, 2012
"Was told it was 1 mile from culinary institute"
Had I trailered my boat,I would have rode it across the hudson river to get to the hotel.Being told that it was 1.1 miles away from the culinary Institute of america.
1 night trip Sep 9, 2012
"Within 15 minutes of Hyde Park"
The Super 8 in Highland NY was a wonderful place to stay, a no frills place that offered very polite and efficient service. We stayed in a room that was very close to the front desk it was extemely quiet. The included breakfast was a no frills breakfast but very fresh and clean. The breakfast is especially good for the traveler who wants a good healthy breakfast but wants to get on their way.
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2012
Jeff P
"Appalling housekeeping!"
Everything fine except housekeeping which at best was shoddy, The last night the beds were not made, the wastebaskets were not emptied and there was a roach in a drawer! We were not the only ones with complaints! The desk understood but apparently could do nothing. The location was perfect and the price good BUT the lack of housekeeping is not acceptable!
4 night trip Aug 31, 2012
"Very unhappy about no elevator at hotel"
The representative that helped us was very friendly. I believe her name was Sarah. She tried very hard to make us happy as we were EXTREMELY UNHAPPY that when we checked in we were told there were no elevators and no ground floor rooms available. We had a lot of luggage and it was very difficult and inconvenient for us. I travel a lot and I will do everything in my power to NOT stay at another Super 8 if having no elevators is a standard item.
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2012
Toni Taft
"Nice stay!"
Great stay, the continental breakfast could of been better.
Other trip Jul 30, 2012
"Very surprised!"
Went for a weekend vacation in new Paltz and I was expecting the worst because it's a Super 8 hotel. Surprisingly, it was a good stay. No smell of smoke in my room and the room was kept clean. The front desk receptionist was ok. The breakfast was nothing crazy, cereal toast oatmeal packets coffee juices. Few choices. Overall this hotel surprised me and I'd recommend to others.
Other trip Jul 30, 2012
A somewhat remote setting w/ no shops or resterants nearby. All in all a decent place with nice in home amenities and a continetial breakfast.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2012
Liked everything except the beds were uncomfortable.
5 night family trip Jun 17, 2012
"SUNY New Paltz parent overnight"
Not too far from the college. Clean and the staff was very professional and helpful. It's too bad you can't go north on 9W from the hotel - you have to go south and turn around. Continental breakfast was very basic, but then again, the rate was inexpensive compared to most hotels in the area. I would stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 10, 2012
R and M
"Great place to stay with a dog"
Good value, big room, clean, comfortable, and best of all, dog friendly!
2 night trip May 14, 2012
JdJL
"Needs Improvement"
The hotel was a bit difficult to get to because you could not make a u-turn off of 9W to get into the enterance. It was also a good thing I brought my gym bag which had not only my shampoo and conditioner (I rarely use the hotel bottles unless they are a brand I recognize) but also my bar soap. None of these amenities were located in the bathroom. Upon asking for an iron and ironing board, I was given a small board (which was dirty) and an iron that had mold growing in the water chamber and the dial was broken off of it! When I brought it back to the desk the attendant asked "how that happened?" and gave me a different iron. The sheets on the bed also had several black hairs on the fitted sheet and it was apparent that someone had thrown up on both beds' box springs at some point in time as they were both heavily stained. The mattresses were very uncomfortable as well.
2 night business trip May 5, 2012

"Filthy"
Basic hotel as expected, but was what we wanted as we were just driving though town and only needed a bed to sleep in. But the hotel, and particularly the room, was seriously filthy. Cigarette smoke had penetrated everything from walls to bed linin, and there were cigarette burn marks everywhere. The carpet was sticky and the furniture was covered in dirt. But perhaps is says as much about the type of guests as it does about the hotel itself. So if you like it filthy, this is the place for you.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"a fine place"
good place to place your head at the end of a day. Clean, well kept, basic. If I was in the area again would probably stay again
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
shortraveller
IL
"Super 8 Highland"
It's in a great location, although access can be a pain as there is one way traffic but no big deal really. Rooms are a good size, clean but if I'm being picky could be cleaner. You get what you pay for really, this isn't a $200 a night hotel, and it shows. Good for a few nights however, and reasonably priced.
6 night business trip Apr 29, 2014
MSB
"Clean ,quiet and staff very helpful"
While not for anyone who is looking for something fancy or with a lot of extras, the hotel was inexpensive, clean, and quiet. The staff was congenial and very helpful. they carrried my luggage in and out upon request , as I am handicapped. they helped me find a local mechanic when I had a car problem.Free breakfast was not lavish but adequate. there is a quiet little lobby abd nice ating area . Thereis good wi fi service in your room or you can use their guest accessible computer in the lobby area.. Getting onto the property when driving from the south is a little tricky. all in all I wpould stay here again.
4 night trip Oct 18, 2012
Ann
"Unclean"
The hotel was well situated for my visit and the reception staff were extremely efficient and helpful. HOWEVER the room was unclean. There were no clean towels provided, only several dirty ones, a discarded tissue which was dirty and damp on the bathroom floor and someone had left the remains of a 'Takeout' meal in the fridge. I suspect the sheets had not been changed as the overall standard of cleanliness in the room was poor. It seemed a shame as the guy on duty in reception was very helpful! I feel I must also add that I stayed at several hotels whilst in the USA and the standard of the 'lower' budget hotels was not as good as I had expected!!!
2 night trip Aug 30, 2012
JB
"convenient for visiting Poughkeepsie"
The hotel is close to the highway, with a fast connection to Poughkeepsie (if you have a car :-))
1 night trip Apr 25, 2012

"hotel confortable"
nuitée agréable pour 6 personnes. un bémol pour la propreté du canapé lit complètement inconfortable matelas et sommier. très sale entre le sommier et matelas. un seul lit pliant disponible pour 2 personnes !
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
elisabeth
FR
"Correcte"
Séjour pour se reposer entre 2 longues journées de route. Correcte dans l'ensemble.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Vicky
"Perfekt beliggenhed"
Et meget behageligt motel, med alle de nødvendige faciliteter der kræves for denne type overnatning. Meget velholdt og virkelig god værdi for pengene.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2013
DK
"goede locatie"
wij hadden maar 1 min puntje aan dit hotel onze kamer rook erg muf en naar rokers ondanks dat wij een rookvrije kamer hadden aangevraagd.er was veel werk volk in dit hotel wat ook aan de tapijten in de hallen te zien was onbijt was goed de locatie is goed.smorgens aan de balie doorgegeven over de kamer men zou er naar kijken
1 night trip with friends Jun 8, 2013