All hotels in Carolina Beach, North Carolina, United States of America
907 N Lake Park Blvd, Carolina Beach, NC, 28428, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great hotel for the cost"
First of all, I've been to over 15 countries and this might have been the friendliest staff I've ever met. They were all wonderfully helpful and kind. The hotel itself is a little old but everything was fine. It was clean and a good deal for August at the beach. We'd stay there again for a short time if we travel back to Carolina Beach. I don't know if I'd do a week there but for 1-3 nights, it is a good place to stay.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Dzesika
Overall, I didn't mind staying here. The room felt kind of old. The air conditioning unit is under the window, and the dial didn't respond to what I placed it on, so it wasn't always cool enough. Or then it would be really cold. Not much middle ground. Some of the towels had fist-sized holes in them, though they were clean. The mini-fridge had, for some reason, been unplugged, and had mostly defrosted, so I had to clean up a lot of water. I suppose I could have asked and they would have done it, but doing it myself was easier. The bedskirt on one of the beds was torn almost completely off and laid partially on the floor. But the staff was great, very friendly, and the location was great. Near restaurants and close enough to the beach (though not close enough to walk). Most beach access parking seemed to run $1.25 an hour. It wasn't the greatest hotel in the world, but it served the purpose of getting me a beach vacation.
4 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"nice location"
Hotel was outdated , but overall it was nice
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
I probably wouldn't choose this hotel on a return visit.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"Loved my 4 night stay."
The staff was so kind and always willing to help. We were in walking distance to great food at Bowman's and shops. Breakfast was fresh everyday. Coffee and hot chocolate was available anytime in the lobby. Although we were right beside the lobby the noise never interrupted our sleep. Pool towels were available at the front desk so you didn't have to use your shower towels. I would've liked more channels on the TV for the kids but we didn't really go there to watch TV so it wasn't that big of a deal.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
jackie
Decent stay. Air condition didn't work. Wifi didn't work half the time. Pool was always dirty. Not planning on coming back.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Not bad for a basic stay"
The hotel was decent, bed was comfortable and room was clean. For some reason the room was quite humid, but it didn't smell musty at least. Shower curtain rod was loose and the shower head left something to be desired, but it worked. The breakfast was minimal and the place could use a refreshing, but overall a decent stay and reasonably clean.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"nothing fancy, but friendly staff and clean rooms"
The rooms were clean as was the outdoor pool. The front desk staff were very nice. The only issue we had was with a broken a/c control that made it hard to adjust the temperature. My husband used one of this tools to turn it himself after the maintenance person didn't fix it, just stuck it back on.
Lee
Very convenient for our purposes. Well-maintained
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
We were there three years ago and everything was great. However, I don't think things have been well maintained. You could not control the A/C at all, not even to turn it off. The refrigerator was not in good condition either. It wouldn't keep things cold. However, the staff was first rate. They were very friendly and accommodating.
4 night trip Jul 13, 2014
"missed microwave oven"
It was all fine and the staff was helpful and cordial. We had leftover seafood every night, but no way to reheat leftovers, missed having microwave oven. Also missed small bed light beside each bed rather than brash bright night light 5 feet above bed that lit up both beds brightly.
4 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"OK stay"
The hotel was OK but could have been cleaner. There was one hole in one bed cover and a stain on the other bed. The bathroom was clean except fit the back of the tolet there was dried Urine. The beds were pretty comfortable. Staff was great. Breakfast was good.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2014
Bonnie
"Not what you expect from national chain."
No one behind check in counter. No towels for pool. Dirty grey towel in room. Gross.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Tourist
"Very disappointed"
You can put siding on an old building and bright colors in the rooms, but it's just "putting lipstick on a pig". There was an odor in the room that made our eyes water. I bought a bottle of febreze but it didn't help much. The fixtures in the bathrooms were rusty. Just an old hotel made to look nice on the outside. The hallways were about 100 degrees and stifling. Staff was very pleasant. We left early, but not early enough!
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Lori
We were pleased with the location. The outdoor pool was nice, and the breakfast was good!
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Close to dining, shopping, and the beach."
This was a great value for our family vacation. We were very close to several beach access points, many great places to eat, and lots of places to shop. The only downside is that the continental breakfast doesn't offer any variety. It's just carbs. I would definitely recommend it and will stay here again.
5 night family trip Jun 22, 2014
"Not so great"
Looked like Vegas with the mirrored walls. No in room coffee (ugh). No balcony. No outside seating for smokers. Mildew on shower curtains, poor poor water pressure,. Unhelpful management, beds to soft/old. Not a continental breakfast.
5 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Breakfast"
Breakfast needs updating. Waffles and bread and ceral was it!!! They were always out of the waffle mix.
3 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"wish we spent the extra $ to go somewhere else."
At first we were ok with not staying at the more expensive hotel we've stayed at before. By the end of our 3 night stay we all agreed we will spend the extra money next time. Too far from the beach. Hotel was just NOT one that made you feel like you're on vacation. I think if you're just passing through and you want a room for the night...it's fine. Otherwise, if it's your vacation hotel it's just not up to par. I will say however, that the staff is very friendly!
3 night family trip Jun 17, 2014
Wina
"No Fridge!"
Decor ok, disappointed there was not a fridge in the room as shown in the list of services and the ice machine for guests was broken. Location was close enough to walk to boardwalk. Would stay again if there was a fridge!
3 night business trip Jun 17, 2014
Travis
We enjoyed staying at this hotel, the staff was extreamly kind and helpful. The location was great, a small walk to the beach if you chose to walk. Shopping and food was close by within walking distance as well. The breakfast area was small but it served it's purpose. Our room was a smaller room, which was fine it was only two of us, however I must have missed the part where there wasn't a small fridge or microwave in the room, that would have helped. When we got there our floor hadn't been vacuumed but with a quick call it was taken care of in minutes. We would stay here again if needed.
3 night romance trip Jun 16, 2014
"Perfect for the family."
the staff was very nice it was close to the beach we were able to walk there.the hotel is very clean. the pool was perfect. I would definitely recommend staying at the Microtel. the only complaint is that everything around us close at 9 o'clock.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
Christina
Good location
4 night business trip May 29, 2014
"Very good customer service."
Although the hotel is ready for some upgrades, I still enjoyed my stay and the staff was great. A reasonable value.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
R.D. Whitaker
Room Needed Maintenance On Ac and BathRoom fan. Room Had Stale Smell.
3 night family trip May 23, 2014
wendy c
"Carolina Beach Stay"
The room was very small but we only stayed three nights
Other trip May 23, 2014
"wedding gift"
enjoyed room it was my honeymoon, liked the breakfast and the pool and beach.
Other trip May 22, 2014
jess
Stayed there for 9 days and it was very surprising. Hotel grounds and interior was very clean and comfortable. Enjoyed the continental breakfast that was served every day. Staff was very friendly and helpful the whole time. Would definitely recommend and will stay there again when we return. Location was great within 5 minutes to beach and other attractions. even the ducks were enjoying the pool. Also had a ping pong table and Foosball table for guests
9 night trip May 11, 2014
Don M
"Nice hotel about four blocks from the beach"
Staff was very helpful. Ther room was quiet and I enjoyed my stay. I would more than likely stay here again if I decided to go to the beach in the future.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"I won't go back"
Room was very small, bathroom not to clean. Rooms were to have a refrigerator, only 6 has them. For what I paid a night and for it to be a Wyndham hotel, I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Convenient and inexpensive, but not super clean"
The Microtel was a great option for lodging for the Carolina Beach triathlon.Located just a half mile from the tri start, and a number of restaurants and the boardwalk, it was a very affordable option. The front desk staff were nice and helpful, and the hotel has most everything that you need with respect to amenities (in room fridge, good tv, decent mattress, air conditioning, free breakfast and a pool). The wifi did not function well and the room upon closer inspection had a lot more dust and dirt than at first glance. The in room lighting isn't that great, and the fixtures above the bed need a thorough vacuuming. It seems like it has been a very long time since this hotel has had a renovation. I would stay again for a short trip due to the convenience and cost effectiveness, but I would not recommend for a lengthy stay at Carolina Beach.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
The service and people were very friendly. Unfortunantly the rooms were not very clean. Our air conditioner unit was full of stuff that when you turned the air it caused black stuff to be on the sheets close to the unit. The shower looked like it had never been cleaned and still had gunk on the handle. The shower curtain had mold and mildew on it and was never changed until our last day there. I was very unhappy with the cleanliness of the room. The service and people were great; good attitudes and very friendly and welcoming!
6 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Great value for that location"
Good Breakfast. Water Pressure weak on third floor.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Jerry
Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, I fell they went above and beyond good customer service.
4 night trip Apr 23, 2014
"Dated"
although the building looks new, the rooms seem somewhat dated. There was only one reading lamp over the bed which was very bright and therefore not really usable. The rooms are small, but that is to be expected. They are not as clean as they might be. Location is ok. This is an ok place for a brief one night stay when you just plan to sleep. it is not meant as a stay for a couple of days.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Personnel were friendly, helpful. Overall impression was the place was acceptable, but would not stay there again. Disappointed with location.
1 night trip Apr 23, 2014
"Nice hotel-Center point for various towns"
This was a trip for me and my husband to get away for the weekend. It was a nice and quiet hotel that allowed us time to relax. We did go during a time when it was still cold, so we did not use the pool. The staff was very friendly and were there to greet you every time you walked in the front doors.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Heather&Zack
"Stayed while scouting for residence in area"
I booked with Microtel with the thought of it being a "basic" motel, and that it was. On check-in day, room was clean enough, but bathroom was pretty dirty. The staff I encountered were pleasant, friendly and helpful; actually saving my opinion of the chain.
Other trip Feb 27, 2014
Frann
"Close enough to the beach"
Great price and close enough to the beach for a romantic valentine's day weekend for me and my wife. Not ocean view, but only a block away from the beach. Some minor maintenance issues, but no deal breakers. Clean. Service was fine, no issues. I would choose this hotel again for a quick getaway to Carolina Beach.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
B.A.
"Recomme"
Inexpensive close to beach. No frills but certainly acceptable
1 night trip Jan 31, 2014
"Convenient Location"
This is an OK hotel that is fairly close to the beach. The front desk staff were nice and helpful. The room was clean but surprisingly small. Can't remember the last time I stayed in a room that small. There was a queen size bed, a desk and a built-in window seat. That's it. No floor space for anything else. No refrig., no microwave, no amenities like that. It's a clean, basic little room.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
Rey
"Mislead by distance quoted"
We booked this motel online when visiting Southport using Hotels.com. The distance quoted was 8.4 miles. When we plugged it into the GPS, we discovered it was a drive of 42 miles. We called the Motel and found the distance is correct if you take the FERRY or fly (a different kind of fairy is needed for that). Since we booked late afternoon we were stuck with the drive. It took more than an hour with traffic. Either the motel or Hotels.com need to get their maps and stories correct. I don't do well putting my trust in "fairies" to fly me over!
1 night trip Jan 24, 2014
dmgoogie
"Satisfactory stay"
The rooms are tiny but clean and reasonably comfortable, and the provided breakfast area had a waffle iron, which was nice, if difficult to get to use because there was only one and everyone wanted waffles. We had some loud neighbors--hard to tell if the walls are thin or if the other guests were just incredibly loud. (Not blaming the hotel, since we didn't let them know there was a problem.) All in all it's a decent, cheap place to stay that's walking distance from the beach.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
Nik
"Comfortable stay"
Spent a lovely night at the Microtel. Suite was clean and comfortable, with TV, mini fridge, sink, microwave, TV, ironing board, hairdryer, safe--everything we needed and more. Short walk to restaurants, shops, and the beach. Will definitely be back.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2013
"Good Value, Perfect Location"
This place was perfect for our purpose, to have a nice, inexpensive place to retreat to while visiting our college kids. There was no fridge in the queen-sized room, but they are available in the suites. Since it was winter, we could do without one. The room was clean, although a little small, but a nook by the window offset that to a certain extent. The staff was friendly, breakfast was adequate, but the coffee was brownish hot water that tasted like nothing.
4 night family trip Dec 5, 2013
Renate
"good hotel for the cost"
Nice stay at this hotel. No issues from the staff or other guest.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
very good
1 night trip Nov 19, 2013
"NIce,,but disappointed"
I thought I was booking the a suite. All of the other Microtels that I have stayed in had suites and not just rooms. We didnt have a coffee pot in our room. But the staff gave me one....PLUS they gave us these huge coffee cups so that when we went to lobby we could get extra large cup of coffee to take back to our room
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"Marine Corps Ball night"
Checked in. Got to the room pulled the comforter back and found 3 long hairs between the sheets. When I opened the fridge I found the bottom of the fridge had black stuff all over it. When my date got her skirt out to iron it we found there was no iron in the room and when she got out of the shower we found out that the hair dryer doesn't work.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
....
I felt that the hotel was clean and in an ideal location, as we were there to visit family members who live on the island. We were happy with the facilities. We did struggle sleeping throughout the night because of the pillows provided and the mattresses were kind of soft for us. We have hard mattresses at home. Being at the beach location, we wrote off the pillow and mattress issues because of all of the other benefits. We will go back again. They offer breakfast and it is so convenient to everything.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013