All hotels in Carolina Beach, North Carolina, United States of America
907 N Lake Park Blvd, Carolina Beach, NC, 28428, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great Off Season Getaway"
Nice little hotel. Right in the middle of everything. Minutes from the beach great restaurants and night life. Clean Very Friendly hotel staff
3 night family trip Oct 27, 2014
"Just as pictured"
Nice room, nice breakfast, easy to find, would use this motel again.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
Very pleasant, clean, friendly staff and good continental breakfast
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
The staff was friendly and helpful.the room was clean and smell fresh.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Myron
"My stay at the beach"
Staff was very friendly and the room was very clean.The only problem was we was close to the check in desk and some of the guest could get pretty loud when you tried to sleep at night.I Would not suggest that you stay next to the check in desk.Overall it was a good place to stay.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Very nice and clean hotel 2 blocks from the beach."
The staff is very friendly and the hotel is very clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend it!
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"Not 5 star but fair price and nice"
This was a nice place to stay and a good price. I didn't want to pay for fancy hotel so this was perfect. It was just fine for my one night stay.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Very friendly staff, but..."
The staff was awesome and it was close to a lot of restaurants and the beach, but the room wasn't so great. Room service kept it clean, but it had a moldy smell and just wasn't comfortable.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Toya
"Great place close to the beach."
Great place. Stay here you won't regret it! Clean and friendly.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
2nd honeymoon
"Nice, Family oriented hotel close to beach"
This hotel is a sweet little family beach hotel. The name is commonly associate with business travelers, but this is not a business hotel and THAT is not a fault. It is an economical, mid-range hotel at the beach. We had a two queen room with fridge and only the two queen rooms have fridges. The air conditioning worked well, our water pressure was fine, towels and wash clothes were fine. A small 2/1 shampoo was provided and so were small squares of bath/face soap. The TV was great and even tho there we not a lot of channels, the ones provided were enough to watch before bed or in the mornings. Breakfast consisted of sweet breads, cereal, make yourself waffles, coffee, apple & orange juice, milk, and packets of chocolate and tea were provided. There is always hot water for chocolate or tea, and coffee in the lobby. The beds are low to the floor and are firm. Plenty of pillows dressed the bed. But note, no blankets are furnished. Cold A/C = cold person. Take a snuggly or blankie to sleep under if you are cold natured (as sleeping in the cold is wonderful unless You are cold). Pool was nice salt water and pretty at night. Wi-fi signal was hit n miss and there is no business center. Room key always worked, and we were left alone when DND was on door but promptly attended when requested housekeeping service. Breakfast attendee was spot on and seemed to be invested in task. Was nice to have pool towels from desk and be able to return them wet to desk.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
wrain
"Do not waste your money on this hotel!"
We ended up renting two rooms on our arrival. All four beds had body hair in them. We had to change our own beds. The bathroom in both rooms was not clean. Body hair and soap residue was everywhere. The "manager" would not give us a refund. I traveled for 20 years in business and was on the road 120 days a year and never have I had an experience like this! They promised me a call from the owner which I still have not gotten after 8 days. Very poor customer service. I never give bad reviews if something is off I just don't respond to the questions. This case was different. The place is terrible.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
Lenny
"Great hotel for the cost"
First of all, I've been to over 15 countries and this might have been the friendliest staff I've ever met. They were all wonderfully helpful and kind. The hotel itself is a little old but everything was fine. It was clean and a good deal for August at the beach. We'd stay there again for a short time if we travel back to Carolina Beach. I don't know if I'd do a week there but for 1-3 nights, it is a good place to stay.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Dzesika
Overall, I didn't mind staying here. The room felt kind of old. The air conditioning unit is under the window, and the dial didn't respond to what I placed it on, so it wasn't always cool enough. Or then it would be really cold. Not much middle ground. Some of the towels had fist-sized holes in them, though they were clean. The mini-fridge had, for some reason, been unplugged, and had mostly defrosted, so I had to clean up a lot of water. I suppose I could have asked and they would have done it, but doing it myself was easier. The bedskirt on one of the beds was torn almost completely off and laid partially on the floor. But the staff was great, very friendly, and the location was great. Near restaurants and close enough to the beach (though not close enough to walk). Most beach access parking seemed to run $1.25 an hour. It wasn't the greatest hotel in the world, but it served the purpose of getting me a beach vacation.
4 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"nice location"
Hotel was outdated , but overall it was nice
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
I probably wouldn't choose this hotel on a return visit.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"Loved my 4 night stay."
The staff was so kind and always willing to help. We were in walking distance to great food at Bowman's and shops. Breakfast was fresh everyday. Coffee and hot chocolate was available anytime in the lobby. Although we were right beside the lobby the noise never interrupted our sleep. Pool towels were available at the front desk so you didn't have to use your shower towels. I would've liked more channels on the TV for the kids but we didn't really go there to watch TV so it wasn't that big of a deal.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
jackie
Decent stay. Air condition didn't work. Wifi didn't work half the time. Pool was always dirty. Not planning on coming back.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Not bad for a basic stay"
The hotel was decent, bed was comfortable and room was clean. For some reason the room was quite humid, but it didn't smell musty at least. Shower curtain rod was loose and the shower head left something to be desired, but it worked. The breakfast was minimal and the place could use a refreshing, but overall a decent stay and reasonably clean.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"nothing fancy, but friendly staff and clean rooms"
The rooms were clean as was the outdoor pool. The front desk staff were very nice. The only issue we had was with a broken a/c control that made it hard to adjust the temperature. My husband used one of this tools to turn it himself after the maintenance person didn't fix it, just stuck it back on.
Lee
Very convenient for our purposes. Well-maintained
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
We were there three years ago and everything was great. However, I don't think things have been well maintained. You could not control the A/C at all, not even to turn it off. The refrigerator was not in good condition either. It wouldn't keep things cold. However, the staff was first rate. They were very friendly and accommodating.
4 night trip Jul 13, 2014
"missed microwave oven"
It was all fine and the staff was helpful and cordial. We had leftover seafood every night, but no way to reheat leftovers, missed having microwave oven. Also missed small bed light beside each bed rather than brash bright night light 5 feet above bed that lit up both beds brightly.
4 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"OK stay"
The hotel was OK but could have been cleaner. There was one hole in one bed cover and a stain on the other bed. The bathroom was clean except fit the back of the tolet there was dried Urine. The beds were pretty comfortable. Staff was great. Breakfast was good.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2014
Bonnie
"Not what you expect from national chain."
No one behind check in counter. No towels for pool. Dirty grey towel in room. Gross.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Tourist
"Very disappointed"
You can put siding on an old building and bright colors in the rooms, but it's just "putting lipstick on a pig". There was an odor in the room that made our eyes water. I bought a bottle of febreze but it didn't help much. The fixtures in the bathrooms were rusty. Just an old hotel made to look nice on the outside. The hallways were about 100 degrees and stifling. Staff was very pleasant. We left early, but not early enough!
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Lori
We were pleased with the location. The outdoor pool was nice, and the breakfast was good!
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Close to dining, shopping, and the beach."
This was a great value for our family vacation. We were very close to several beach access points, many great places to eat, and lots of places to shop. The only downside is that the continental breakfast doesn't offer any variety. It's just carbs. I would definitely recommend it and will stay here again.
5 night family trip Jun 22, 2014
"Not so great"
Looked like Vegas with the mirrored walls. No in room coffee (ugh). No balcony. No outside seating for smokers. Mildew on shower curtains, poor poor water pressure,. Unhelpful management, beds to soft/old. Not a continental breakfast.
5 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Breakfast"
Breakfast needs updating. Waffles and bread and ceral was it!!! They were always out of the waffle mix.
3 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"wish we spent the extra $ to go somewhere else."
At first we were ok with not staying at the more expensive hotel we've stayed at before. By the end of our 3 night stay we all agreed we will spend the extra money next time. Too far from the beach. Hotel was just NOT one that made you feel like you're on vacation. I think if you're just passing through and you want a room for the night...it's fine. Otherwise, if it's your vacation hotel it's just not up to par. I will say however, that the staff is very friendly!
3 night family trip Jun 17, 2014
Wina
"No Fridge!"
Decor ok, disappointed there was not a fridge in the room as shown in the list of services and the ice machine for guests was broken. Location was close enough to walk to boardwalk. Would stay again if there was a fridge!
3 night business trip Jun 17, 2014
Travis
We enjoyed staying at this hotel, the staff was extreamly kind and helpful. The location was great, a small walk to the beach if you chose to walk. Shopping and food was close by within walking distance as well. The breakfast area was small but it served it's purpose. Our room was a smaller room, which was fine it was only two of us, however I must have missed the part where there wasn't a small fridge or microwave in the room, that would have helped. When we got there our floor hadn't been vacuumed but with a quick call it was taken care of in minutes. We would stay here again if needed.
3 night romance trip Jun 16, 2014
"Perfect for the family."
the staff was very nice it was close to the beach we were able to walk there.the hotel is very clean. the pool was perfect. I would definitely recommend staying at the Microtel. the only complaint is that everything around us close at 9 o'clock.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
Christina
Good location
4 night business trip May 29, 2014
"Very good customer service."
Although the hotel is ready for some upgrades, I still enjoyed my stay and the staff was great. A reasonable value.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
R.D. Whitaker
Room Needed Maintenance On Ac and BathRoom fan. Room Had Stale Smell.
3 night family trip May 23, 2014
wendy c
"Carolina Beach Stay"
The room was very small but we only stayed three nights
Other trip May 23, 2014
"wedding gift"
enjoyed room it was my honeymoon, liked the breakfast and the pool and beach.
Other trip May 22, 2014
jess
Stayed there for 9 days and it was very surprising. Hotel grounds and interior was very clean and comfortable. Enjoyed the continental breakfast that was served every day. Staff was very friendly and helpful the whole time. Would definitely recommend and will stay there again when we return. Location was great within 5 minutes to beach and other attractions. even the ducks were enjoying the pool. Also had a ping pong table and Foosball table for guests
9 night trip May 11, 2014
Don M
"Nice hotel about four blocks from the beach"
Staff was very helpful. Ther room was quiet and I enjoyed my stay. I would more than likely stay here again if I decided to go to the beach in the future.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"I won't go back"
Room was very small, bathroom not to clean. Rooms were to have a refrigerator, only 6 has them. For what I paid a night and for it to be a Wyndham hotel, I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Convenient and inexpensive, but not super clean"
The Microtel was a great option for lodging for the Carolina Beach triathlon.Located just a half mile from the tri start, and a number of restaurants and the boardwalk, it was a very affordable option. The front desk staff were nice and helpful, and the hotel has most everything that you need with respect to amenities (in room fridge, good tv, decent mattress, air conditioning, free breakfast and a pool). The wifi did not function well and the room upon closer inspection had a lot more dust and dirt than at first glance. The in room lighting isn't that great, and the fixtures above the bed need a thorough vacuuming. It seems like it has been a very long time since this hotel has had a renovation. I would stay again for a short trip due to the convenience and cost effectiveness, but I would not recommend for a lengthy stay at Carolina Beach.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
The service and people were very friendly. Unfortunantly the rooms were not very clean. Our air conditioner unit was full of stuff that when you turned the air it caused black stuff to be on the sheets close to the unit. The shower looked like it had never been cleaned and still had gunk on the handle. The shower curtain had mold and mildew on it and was never changed until our last day there. I was very unhappy with the cleanliness of the room. The service and people were great; good attitudes and very friendly and welcoming!
6 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Great value for that location"
Good Breakfast. Water Pressure weak on third floor.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Jerry
Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, I fell they went above and beyond good customer service.
4 night trip Apr 23, 2014
"Dated"
although the building looks new, the rooms seem somewhat dated. There was only one reading lamp over the bed which was very bright and therefore not really usable. The rooms are small, but that is to be expected. They are not as clean as they might be. Location is ok. This is an ok place for a brief one night stay when you just plan to sleep. it is not meant as a stay for a couple of days.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Personnel were friendly, helpful. Overall impression was the place was acceptable, but would not stay there again. Disappointed with location.
1 night trip Apr 23, 2014
"Nice hotel-Center point for various towns"
This was a trip for me and my husband to get away for the weekend. It was a nice and quiet hotel that allowed us time to relax. We did go during a time when it was still cold, so we did not use the pool. The staff was very friendly and were there to greet you every time you walked in the front doors.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Heather&Zack
"Stayed while scouting for residence in area"
I booked with Microtel with the thought of it being a "basic" motel, and that it was. On check-in day, room was clean enough, but bathroom was pretty dirty. The staff I encountered were pleasant, friendly and helpful; actually saving my opinion of the chain.
Other trip Feb 27, 2014
Frann
"Close enough to the beach"
Great price and close enough to the beach for a romantic valentine's day weekend for me and my wife. Not ocean view, but only a block away from the beach. Some minor maintenance issues, but no deal breakers. Clean. Service was fine, no issues. I would choose this hotel again for a quick getaway to Carolina Beach.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014