All hotels in Ukiah, California, United States of America
1340 N State St, Ukiah, CA, 95482, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.5
"Yikes"
Never again. Checked in, human hair on sheets when pulled back sheets. Cockroach living in moldy shower. One day didn't even get service to clean room. Called to have towels that night to have in the morning. Never came. Dingy, dirty, although it looks like they put money into the outside of the hotel to get people to stop.
6 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
"NEVER AGAIN!!!"
I selected this hotel because this pictures online looked pretty decent for the price, $72 for 2 double beds in a nonsmoking room. I only needed it for one night. After checking in we drove around to our room. Lots of meth heads loitering outside gave me the immediate impression that they were more like "tenants" and not "guests". First room smelled like someone had chain smoked cigarettes in the room. They did end up giving us a new room. Second room had a strong cleaning product smell but better than smoke. I killed the cockroach after 5 minutes in second room. Inspected the rest of the room for any other visitors & checked the beds for bed bugs. Everything looked tolerable for a less than 12 hour stay and in all honesty I was exhausted and just needed a place to lay my head and get some shut eye. This place is nothing like the pictures online. Our room was hot even with the AC on high all night. The bathroom was dark and poorly lit. The base of the toilet was cracked and leaked water all over the floor every time it was flushed. Bathroom smelled like cleaning products and mold. The carpet felt like it hadn't been cleaned in years on bare feet. Needless to say I wore shoes the whole time. The lamp shade on desk lamp had a giant black hole burned in it. "Free" continental breakfast looked stale. Overall the place just felt dirty, dingy, outdated and uncomfortable.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Room where ok but there's bugs in room won't be going back
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Sorena
"Visit before booking so you won't be surprised."
The from the street looks the hotel looks fine. The hotel staff was nice. All the rooms smelled like cigarettes or air freshener with guests smoking just outside the rooms. The rooms look like they have been through a lot of constant repairs through the years and still in need of some repair on the exterior. If you just need a bed and no amenities this will suffice.
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
"Get a renovated room or don't stay there"
The key to the first room we were given didn't open the door, the second room was a smoking one while we're not smokers, the door of the third one was broken and didn't close. The fourth was the charm... The man at the reception desk never objected to changing our room over and over again but the whole store + the intoxicated man yelling stuff at us everytime we crossed the parking lot: not a good first impression. We got a renovated room, which means the bed and the bathroom are new and the room got a fresh coat of paint recently. But the tiles, the carpet and the curtains have seen better days. I don't know how the breakfast was, we just hit the road as fast as we could the next morning.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
"Not good"
There was no smoke alarm the carpets were very dirty the shower in the bathroom are clean and the bed was OK
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Vernon
"Real dissapointment!!"
Breakfast was the best thing. Hotel not what it used to be. Obviously it changed hands..great decline, everything run down..like management don't care to upkeep. Things have deteriorated. Too bad, it used to be a nice place to stay.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
richard
There were ants all over the restroom, holes in the curtains & limited towels. The refrigerator in the room wasn't working, my overall rating would be low. Paid for three nights an ended up only staying one.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Ronald
"WEARY IN UKIAH"
Because I am travelling with a dog, I was delegated to the back rooms, probably the last to be renovated. Everything I needed was in the room but it's quite worn and then when I pulled open the black out shades the fell down!
1 night trip Jul 24, 2015
Irene
"Poor quality motel."
Hotel is undergoing renovation, but many rooms are not fit for rental at present, although they are being used. Carpets were dirty, bathroom floor was dirty, very thin old towels, housekeeping is careless. I was given another room, and it was bigger, cleaner, and more modern. However, there was a huge crack in the sink, no plug, no ironing board, iron or coathangers, obvious repaired section of carpet, poor workmanship in bathroom. Breakfast was the usual motel fare, average quality. My last morning there, and a sign in the breakfast area announced - We are out of milk. There is a Raley's supermarket across the road!
4 night trip Jul 16, 2015
Marie
We always stay here when in Ukiah. Clean rooms at a reasonable price, and you can't beat the FULL breakfast.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Don't understand the bad reviews?? Great place!"
I don't understand the bad reviews, unless they were done before this place was redone. The room was CLEAN, comfortable, very nice. The staff was really great! GREAT free breakfast with really good coffee! I am saving this place for our next visit! I would stay here again and again.
1 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
SANDRA
You got what you paid for so it was fine. Wouldn't mind stay there again for one night
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
We paid for 2 nights but would not stay the second night. Floors were dirty, there was no place to hang up clothes; we were awakened at 3 am with loud new guests, but the breakfast was OK.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
great job to the staff. they seem to work hard and care. the waffles in the morning were great. I had a better place than my friends I was traveling with. I think they will stay there next time through.
1 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
"24 hours spa!"
Really enjoyed the breakfast, the art, and service. The spspas should be open 24hours!
1 night trip with friends May 31, 2015
"BEST hotel my whole trip!! Better than a four star"
This was the BEST hotel stay our whole trip!! It was better than the four star hotel in San Fran!! Quiet, large rooms, GREAT breakfast!!! Wish they were all this good!
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"Keep going!"
We got in at 1:00 a.m. and were expecting a clean room to stay in. The carpet was trashed and had stains everywhere, the room smelled awful, there were ants on the bathroom floor and counter. The final straw was when we pulled back the sheets and there was crumbs and hair on them. I called and said we would need a new room for sure. The clerk sounded a bit put out but gave us one. This room was better than the first, but not terrific. The next morning we attempted to use the coffee pot, but the coffee maker and coffee pot were 2 different sizes, so in order to get the coffee into the actual pot, we had to hold the pot up to keep it from going all over the counter. Decided it wasn't worth it and just went to get coffee. Check out was at 11 that morning, so we were getting ready and loading up the car to leave. It was about 10:50 and we had the door open trying to get our car repacked when I spotted someone who worked at the motel, not sure who she was, peeking into our room to see if we had left. We still had 10 minutes left and considering that by the time we switched rooms it was about 2:30, I would think they would be kind enough to not send a lady to peek and see if we were out yet. The hallway to the pet area was also completely blocked off with debris ( I guess they are remodeling- I hope!)so there was no way to get to it and no where but the parking lot for my dog to relieve itself.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
The pool had huge piles of dirt in it and garbage piled high it it! Which was terrible! Our room was ok but my friends room had roaches and bed bugs! At least half of the people left that we were with and went to another hotel!
5 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2015
Beth
"Smoke and mirrors"
The picture showed a pool and there wasn't one. The temperature outside was 95 and I was looking forward to a swim
2 night trip Jun 5, 2015
Cecilia
"Good value for the price"
Disappointed that the pool was closed for renovations on 100+ degree day.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"Did get what was advertised"
The hotel is mid renovation it seems. There was no outdoor pool as described it was on adjacent property and was torn apart.It was over 100 degrees we were so wanting to swim and hang out. The Jacuzzis that were in door were nice . But the kids had taken them over jumping running and yelling so it wasn't very peaceful. Even though rules were posted children were left unattended to take over the area. This could be a very nice property but they are redoing it in a very scattered manner. Many longterm tenants seem to be there also. We had 2 doors for our room the front and the back. If you opened the back door it was looking at a slum area of town. Trash was over flowing and the crows were tearing it all apart. We requested room service to clean room while we went on a drive to the ocean. We left at 1230 and returned to find our door left open. Thankfully we had no valuables inside . I reported it immediately to front office. also about kids in spas. We finally were able to enjoy a quite spa that evening.
2 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Sue
"Pool filled with dirt, room dirty, Dont Go there"
The first room they put me in was filthy, cobb webs and dust hanging down from the popcorn ceiling. The room smelled like Asian spices and ants crawling on the walls. I had to put a towel over the chair just to sit so I wouldn't get creepy crawly's all over me. I finally went to the desk and asked for another room which the front desk man(very nice) from Illinois gave me a clean room with a balcony only problem is the sliding door would not open but 1 foot. I will never stay there again and I would not recommend this for any family with children due to the monthly live in guest were outside arguing and cussing. Also the reason I went with that hotel for the deal I received from the booking company was it had a pool and it was guaranteed, Guess what! pool was filled to the top with dirt nobody's swimming in that. DONT RENT A ROOM THERE!
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Dorothy
"you be the judge"
first off, I loved that there was a wing stop next door. beds were very comfortable, only real gripe was we had ants by the sink and there was a dirty hand towel that was probably from the previous occupant.
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
"Comfortable economical stay!"
Convenient, huge room! Pet friendly!
2 night business trip May 16, 2015
Austin
"Good place to stay"
Helpful staff and a nice, clean room.
1 night romance trip May 17, 2015
"You get what you pay for.......?"
It was a great price. The location was decent, more business just a small drive away, the wingstop that had nice beers right in the same parking lot was great. The room was big and had a lot, but.....the sink faucet wasn't put together right so it didn't work right. The bathroom window didn't have a screen and we were on the bottom floor (a little concerning) The shower was so gross we wouldn't even use it, hair on the wall and the floor of the shower was absolutely disgusting and looked like it was never cleaned. You get what you pay for.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"LONGTIME FAVORITE"
This longtime favorite is undergoing renovation. We pulled in after midnight, having made late night reservations through Hotels.com and the night clerk took care of us efficiently.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Dissapointing"
The bathroom light was broken, several outlets didn't work, and there was no ventilation in said bathroom except for a small window. The bed was comfortable though. Will probably look for a different place to stay next time we are up there visiting friends.
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
Kenneth
"Basic, pet-friendly stay."
Cigarette smoke from the smokers next door was somehow travelling into our room via the bathroom ventilation, I think. Or, it just permeated the walls. On the good side, they were pet-friendly, but I guess if you have a pet, you then must stay in the second-class room. The carpet had cigarette burns on the floor. (This was a "non-smoking room", who knew??? The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful.
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
Austin
"Hotels stay"
It was clean and the breakfast were good the people were nice and I love the indoor spa
5 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
Travis
"Awesome Breakfast"
Hot tub room was a great bonus.
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
"Never again"
So bad. Room stunk like stale cigarettes and dirt (though they swore it was a non-smoking room), lady at the desk was snippy, bed was uncomfortable, neighborhood was questionable. Picked it because they had a cheaper pet fee, but wish we hadn't. Luckily we were just stopping for the night to rest for the next leg of our road trip. Won't be visiting Ukiah or this hotel ever again.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Deanna
"The Discovery Inn. Discover it."
The Discovery Inn is a woman in her mid to late years. But, don't pass her by just because of her age.She still has quite a few dances left in her. The rooms are clean even if they are a little rough around the edges. Nothing drips, nothing leaks. The Inn's location is convenient to downtown and all the fine eateries located there. And, it is just a hop, skip and a jump from the N. State Street exit on 101. I highly recommend it. Did I mention that the room prices are very reasonable?
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
charlie
"The price was right"
The Discovery Inn was adequate for my needs. The one bedroom unit I had was small, clean, with no frills. Perfect for my needs but certainly not the Marriott, which was okay with me. I felt safe. The free breakfast along with a great deal on the room made it the perfect place to spend the night.
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
"nice room"
Room had needed amenities and very comfortable. Competitive pricing because pool and gym closed which was not stated in hotel info at booking
1 night business trip Oct 18, 2014
"you get what you pay for........"
we arrived late. there were lots of loud people in the back parking area. the room was dirty, stains on the box springs, graffiti on the door and walls. old shower with broken tile floor. Iron that was gross, tethered down to an ironing board full of stains. Did not even bother to try the free breakfast.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"went to auto racing"
I ENJOYED MY STAY THERE. WILL GO BACK AGAIN
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
ROBERT COBURN
"good"
good
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
"Close to Professional Bowling Event"
Area was appears to be in the process of being renovated with store and fast food chains. down side was that one section of hotel appeared to be converted to long-term section-8 housing for low income families?
2 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
Dan Sasaki
"ok for passing through"
Hundred degree heat and pool was closed Exercise room "closed for maintenance" and the front desk didn't even know Noisy logging trucks coming and going from parking lot under window....
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
A.
"Kinda Gross"
my room served it's purpose but was pretty gross. the shower still had someone else's hair in it & there towel was still on the back of the door. i didn't spend much time in the room - thank god. i honestly felt like it was a scene from the tv show the First 48. also, the pool was not working. overall just gross.
3 night trip Sep 11, 2014
"Problems & Disappointments"
First of all, the pool HAD NO WATER and it was over 100 degrees! Secondly, the front desk lady (who barely spoke English) kept trying to charge me for my room even though I had paid through Expedia. She couldn't find my reservation for several minutes. Then, they had me down for a different kind of room than I had reserved. Then, room key didn't work...The TV was fuzzy on half of the channels & the next morning they did have breakfast available but I had to eat in the lobby and wasn't allowed to take it to my room.
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
"Overnight Business Trip"
Very friendly counter staff. This is an aging facility that desperately needs to be upgraded. The cleanliness of my room was debatable and I actually scanned my sheets for signs of bed bugs. Stains on curtains, mattress side, carpet and the fact that the bathroom sink backed up made for a less than restful evening.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"stopover"
there were apparently computer problems @ the front desk causing a backup during a heavy admission time. i think it was the owner who was trying to help out the evening desk clerk. the "owner" didn't seem to have a mastery of running the desk & didn't really seem to be helping the situation. eventually we got into our room, & it was fine.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Not Happy"
Room wasn't ready. Shower dirty, half my power went out no tv, ac or power plugs. Maintenance guy was helpful
Tonya
"too hot"
It was really hot and they're pool and spa was closed. Asked front desk and the receptionist had no answer why it was closed. Checked into room and TV didn't work and had to switch room at late night. Wasn't a overall good stay at all
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
Jacob
"no junior suite"
i paid for a junior suite and when i got there the lady had no idea what a junior suite was...so i paid for a room they didnt have...they really need to change their website
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Reasonable value for a reasonable price"
The room was comfortable for sleeping. It was quiet at night. The refrigerator had was broken, but they replaced it within 15 minutes. It's nice that they allowed dogs to stay, but I didn't like their dog walk area. I did better taking my dog to the local park for his needs.
3 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Tommas
"Disgusting room in a sketchy area"
Stained carpet, walls, sheets, pillowcovers. Cigarettburns on trays and torn furniture. Rooms smells really bad. Dont go there!
Other trip Jul 8, 2014