All hotels in Ukiah, California, United States of America

Dirty
    Bad internet service
    Bad pool
"good stay"
room was massive and clean, comfie beds, it's a older hotel and undergoing remodel. it has some nice hot tubs, good value for nor cal and decent breakfast. I would definitely stay again and booked another week directly with the hotel. (it's cheaper) Also if you like wings there is a wingstop literally in the parking lot
2 night trip Feb 17, 2016
James Marshall
"Not impressed"
3 people behind the front counter only 1 spoke English? Price on hotel .com was $65.00 yet I was billed $80.00? Catwalk to room needed cleaning....bowl out side with butts & trash in clear view. Outside grill/cover on HAC unit badly beat and painted over. Bedside reading lights did not work.
1 night business trip Feb 13, 2016
Duane
"For the Price, Can't Beat It!"
Room needs some love but comfortable bed and quiet.
1 night romance trip Feb 5, 2016
Room not clean. Filthy walls, desk had food smeared on it and the non smoking room had been smoked in a lot. They did change our room to a non smoking room that was clean. Sink have a huge crack in it but was functional. Second room was definitely better.
Other trip Jan 16, 2016
"Not what it should have been!"
The room was terrible, dirty, holes in the ceiling, & the coffee pot didn't work. The cost of the room was supposed to be 80 something dollars, but instead I just looked at our bank statement & it was 100 something plus, they put a 50.00 dollar security deposit which was supposed to be just a hold until we checked out, but also I just found out also from our bank acct. we were charged for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Other trip Dec 23, 2015
Marvin B
Loved it!
1 night trip Dec 5, 2015
Was always curious about the hot tubs. Pool was filled in??? Room was marginal, dated look, dirty carpets, slack in cleaning. What one expect at a rate $30 less than others in town.
1 night trip with friends Dec 2, 2015
"Check your room first!"
Rude overcharged and room was putridly messy and smelled awful... Not pleased
1 night business trip Nov 28, 2015
Emma
"Do your research!!!"
Before booking a room at the Discovery Inn in Ukiah, you need to know what your getting into. Read reviews, not just one or two, read ten at least. I really wish I had. When we arrived, I had already paid for our 3 night stay, but the desk clerk asked me for $50.00, "preferably in cash", were her words. I gave up the cash and headed to our room. As we walked to the door, I noticed that the window was wide open. I looked through the window and announced my presence, no response, thank god. The room was colorless, the floor was tiled, looking like a bathroom floor, neither the phone or TV worked, the mini fridge wouldn't stay closed and the microwave plate was to big, so it hit the door every half turn. All this in the first 30 minutes of arriving on property. Later we discovered there were only 2 towels in the room, the toilet was clogged and the sink leaked, because it was to small and the 2 inches of caulking was peeling away. I called the office, from my cell phone, asking for towels and to send someone to fix toilet. 3.5 hours later a rude little man pounded on the door, when I answered he handed me 2 towels and a small plunger then turned around and walked away. I shortened our stay by a day, because the second day was turning out the same as 1st. I had to do a load of laundry before leaving the next morning and found out that the washer I used didn't spin or drain. My wife and I got breakfast at front desk area and got scolded for leaving with our food. DO NOT STAY HERE!
Other trip Nov 25, 2015
Blewitt
"Excellent customer service."
Kevin is absolutely the most helpful front desk clerk. Always very friendly and has everything ready before I even arrive.
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2015
Dianne
This hotel has gotten really run down and I won't be staying here again.
1 night trip Nov 14, 2015
Marc
"Stay Away"
This place was horrible. Gang members harassing the guest with knives and physical threats. Stay Away
1 night business trip Nov 7, 2015
alan
"Friday night"
It went very well
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2015
Dianne
""Loud, rowdy, dirty, poor service"......!!!"
i was in ukiah for business....and specifically asked the hotel clerk for a "quiet room"...away from "riff raft"....because i had a business meeting the following morning......at 1:00am....the hotel clerk sold a room "right above me" to a "rowdy couple".....who fought...and went in and out of their room...and up and down the stairs until well past 3:00 am....despite making a complaint to the night clerk...the problem went on.....i complained during my "check out"....and was not "offered" anything for my trouble....on top of that......"long black hair" was found inside the shower...."YUK"......lastly.....i spoke with a waiter at a restaurant next door...and they said the hotel is rumored to have "bed bugs"............i will not stay at this hotel again......and i will be giving "poor reviews" on all the Internet review boards......
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2015
Kathleen
bed bugs in the animal friendly room
1 night family trip Oct 21, 2015
emily
"Sad how the place has deteriorated !"
The room they first gave me was about 10 feet by 12 feet with no chairs, no dresser and no closet and no carpet. floor had pet hair all over it, in a no pet room. The back building seemed to be inhabited with lots of people apparently doing criminal activities. Four sheriff cars were there when we returned from dinner. The manager apologized and said they were in the process of remodelling....I couldn't tell what they were remodelling !! My next trip I will be staying at the Hampton Inn at the other end of town!
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Papa G.
"Unexpected stay"
Our first room was not ready when we arived at 5:00 pm. They gave us another room as soon as possible.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
"Downtown close and looks nice but,,,"
The shower worked, and the bed was comfortable. The carpet was dirty and sticky. The tac strip into the bathroom had sharp something sticking out. And lastly the coffee pot didn't work.
Other trip Oct 13, 2015
Jeffrey
"OK PLACE FOR 1 NIGHT"
IT WAS AN OK STAY. THE STAIRS GOING UP TO 246 ROOM HAD CRACKS AND DIPPED IN AT THE TOP COULD BE A SAFETY ISSUE
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Filiberto
"overnight stay"
The tub did not have a non skid mat. Disabled person not able to take a shower due to slippery surface. Was not given the wifi pass word. Unable to dial from hotel phone since it was not working. Finally, was able to contact the front desk for pass word and tell them about the phone. Never did hear from the desk to repair the phone.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
"Nice Hotel different than the picture!"
The registration desk and atmosphere is depressing. There was no good interaction or welcoming feeling. Unpleasant room, drapes have holes, lots of holes all over, very old drapes!
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
Juliet
Great for price. Breakfast leaves something to be desired
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
"Not a good choice of a hotel"
The first room was nice and ready for usage. The second room was uninhabitable. Smelled like a wet ash tray but was a non smoking room. Had not been cleaned and even the clerk said you don't want to sleep in that room. They did not have another room so I had to find a new hotel and our group was split up for the evening. Very disappointed in the lack of preparedness and interest in resolving the issue. Will not reschedule a second visit.
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2015
Jeffrey
"No room available though it was paid in advance"
We were evacuated by the Valley fire. Expedia charge our credit card for a two night stay and said that a room was available. We arrived and waited over two hours for a non existant room. The desk clerk ignored everyone in the lobby unless they went up and forced her to talk with them. Each new evacuee that came to the front desk asking for a room, was charged more than the previous person. All the while, the lobby was filling up with people who had reservations, paid, but no room available. Other were being put on a waiting list being told they were waiting for the rooms to be cleaned - but no one was being given a room. There was a sign on the door that said no rooms available, but they kept taking people's money, telling them they did have rooms and asking them to wait. One couple claimed to have been there for over 6 hours waiting for a room that was paid for. While the lobby was filling up, the manager calmly ate lunch and ignored everyone. We called Expedia and told them the story - we paid, our card was charged and there was no room for us. After being on hold for 20 minutes with Expedia, Expedia customer support said they would not charge our credit card for a room that was not available. The charge still showed up on our credit card. We are now disputing a charge for something that was never delivered.
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
Valley Fire DP
"Made Motel 6 look good"
I got a smoking room, so I expected it to smell like smoke...but it stunk beyond my expectations. In order to lock the deadbolt, I had to pull the door open a slight crack. So then the cold air came right in the room. I thought it was no big deal because I could just turn the heater on. Wrong. Every time I tried to turn on the heat, it would trip the safety switch. So, it was either the fan or AC. I turned it off and hoped that the room wouldn't get too cold. By the time I woke up, the room was pretty frigid, but I was checking out so no worries. There was a big spot of something that looked like blood in the carpet by the desk. I'm pretty sure someone got at least injured in that room. The shower had nice pressure and there was still hot water when I got out of a long shower. There was also a microwave and refrigerator in the room. I didn't use the microwave, but the fridge worked good.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Local
"dont stay at this place"
The bathroom was dirty and the sheets were dirty and it was in a bad neighborhood
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Ryan
"I enjoyed my stay last month, but"
I asked for the same room I had before when I made reservations, but I didn't get that one. I was given a smaller room which was no problem but there was no hot water at the sink, no phone, no clock or alarm, noisy fan, no thermostat, thin walls could hear TVs , didn't have to turn up my tv could hear it through the wall, no place to hang clothes and the peep hole was blocked. Changed rooms this room had no phone, refrig, micro wave, or chair, but a table. I will not stay there again. Not safe for woman traveling a lone.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
sharen
"Slept ok"
We had great chats with the staff. broken bathroom door hinge made us believe the remodel didn't get finished. Breakfast ran out but there was a huge group of firefighters so that was understandable.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
"Yikes"
Never again. Checked in, human hair on sheets when pulled back sheets. Cockroach living in moldy shower. One day didn't even get service to clean room. Called to have towels that night to have in the morning. Never came. Dingy, dirty, although it looks like they put money into the outside of the hotel to get people to stop.
6 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
"NEVER AGAIN!!!"
I selected this hotel because this pictures online looked pretty decent for the price, $72 for 2 double beds in a nonsmoking room. I only needed it for one night. After checking in we drove around to our room. Lots of meth heads loitering outside gave me the immediate impression that they were more like "tenants" and not "guests". First room smelled like someone had chain smoked cigarettes in the room. They did end up giving us a new room. Second room had a strong cleaning product smell but better than smoke. I killed the cockroach after 5 minutes in second room. Inspected the rest of the room for any other visitors & checked the beds for bed bugs. Everything looked tolerable for a less than 12 hour stay and in all honesty I was exhausted and just needed a place to lay my head and get some shut eye. This place is nothing like the pictures online. Our room was hot even with the AC on high all night. The bathroom was dark and poorly lit. The base of the toilet was cracked and leaked water all over the floor every time it was flushed. Bathroom smelled like cleaning products and mold. The carpet felt like it hadn't been cleaned in years on bare feet. Needless to say I wore shoes the whole time. The lamp shade on desk lamp had a giant black hole burned in it. "Free" continental breakfast looked stale. Overall the place just felt dirty, dingy, outdated and uncomfortable.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Room where ok but there's bugs in room won't be going back
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Sorena
"Visit before booking so you won't be surprised."
The from the street looks the hotel looks fine. The hotel staff was nice. All the rooms smelled like cigarettes or air freshener with guests smoking just outside the rooms. The rooms look like they have been through a lot of constant repairs through the years and still in need of some repair on the exterior. If you just need a bed and no amenities this will suffice.
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
"Get a renovated room or don't stay there"
The key to the first room we were given didn't open the door, the second room was a smoking one while we're not smokers, the door of the third one was broken and didn't close. The fourth was the charm... The man at the reception desk never objected to changing our room over and over again but the whole store + the intoxicated man yelling stuff at us everytime we crossed the parking lot: not a good first impression. We got a renovated room, which means the bed and the bathroom are new and the room got a fresh coat of paint recently. But the tiles, the carpet and the curtains have seen better days. I don't know how the breakfast was, we just hit the road as fast as we could the next morning.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
"Not good"
There was no smoke alarm the carpets were very dirty the shower in the bathroom are clean and the bed was OK
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Vernon
"One night stay."
Very good motel! Pleasant Staff and the room was very comfortable. We would not hesitate to stay there again.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
R B
"Grate value"
Easy to get to, not fancy but clean and took care of our needs at a reasonable price. I will stay again the next time I'm in the area in need of a room. The grounds were clean and they were doing up grades.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Real dissapointment!!"
Breakfast was the best thing. Hotel not what it used to be. Obviously it changed hands..great decline, everything run down..like management don't care to upkeep. Things have deteriorated. Too bad, it used to be a nice place to stay.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
richard
There were ants all over the restroom, holes in the curtains & limited towels. The refrigerator in the room wasn't working, my overall rating would be low. Paid for three nights an ended up only staying one.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Ronald
"WEARY IN UKIAH"
Because I am travelling with a dog, I was delegated to the back rooms, probably the last to be renovated. Everything I needed was in the room but it's quite worn and then when I pulled open the black out shades the fell down!
1 night trip Jul 24, 2015
Irene
"Family visit"
Liked the location, planning to stay there again next month.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
Sharen
"Not what's pictured"
The room pictured is not even close to the room you receive. The owner is doing work you can tell. When this place is done it will be nice but do t be FOOLED by the pictures your room looks nothing like this the carpets are nasty the bedding is old and nasty the rooms smell and the bathrooms are gross. I did complain and she told me "we get that complaint a lot" I personally hate false advertisement!!!!
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
jennifer
"Poor quality motel."
Hotel is undergoing renovation, but many rooms are not fit for rental at present, although they are being used. Carpets were dirty, bathroom floor was dirty, very thin old towels, housekeeping is careless. I was given another room, and it was bigger, cleaner, and more modern. However, there was a huge crack in the sink, no plug, no ironing board, iron or coathangers, obvious repaired section of carpet, poor workmanship in bathroom. Breakfast was the usual motel fare, average quality. My last morning there, and a sign in the breakfast area announced - We are out of milk. There is a Raley's supermarket across the road!
4 night trip Jul 16, 2015
Marie
We always stay here when in Ukiah. Clean rooms at a reasonable price, and you can't beat the FULL breakfast.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Not well maintained"
Hotel pretended a room that reeked of cigarettes was a non-smoking room, no outlet covers on some wall outlets, and the room and bathroom was clearly in need of a serious cleaning.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
I didn't like the hotel the manager or the secretary was very nice though but everything else was horrible. I wouldn't recommend this to a friend. The place needs a serious upgrade. I will not be staying at this place ever again
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"Don't understand the bad reviews?? Great place!"
I don't understand the bad reviews, unless they were done before this place was redone. The room was CLEAN, comfortable, very nice. The staff was really great! GREAT free breakfast with really good coffee! I am saving this place for our next visit! I would stay here again and again.
1 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
SANDRA
You got what you paid for so it was fine. Wouldn't mind stay there again for one night
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
We paid for 2 nights but would not stay the second night. Floors were dirty, there was no place to hang up clothes; we were awakened at 3 am with loud new guests, but the breakfast was OK.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"Horrible and dirty hotel."
The place is really disapointed. we could not sleep at all the people upstair were parting all night long. I call the office twice to tell then about what was going on on the second floor. He said that he would take care the problem but nothing hapen. The poeple above us were so noisy and disrespecfull they even came and broke bottles of beer on our door. not even enough with that the service person just open the door while we were inside.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
alicia
"the Motel does not live up to the online pictures."
the motel does not have a beautiful outside pool as pictured in your add. The motel was very noisy . I hardly got a wink of sleep all night. People were outside talking and partying all night. Our in room coffee maker was broken. the room was dirty. The staff was helpful and nice on check in and check out. I would not recommend this motel to anyone i know.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015