All hotels in Ukiah, California, United States of America
1340 N State St, Ukiah, CA, 95482, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.5
"ok for construction people who need to relax"
there are many types of people there casino/ college/ construction/ out of state and country people, we had hospital stay in Ukiah the inside hot tub was the only worth while perk
Other trip Feb 28, 2014
deborah
"I stay there all the time"
It is an older motel, and looks it when you take a close look at the place. The rooms are clean and well maintained. I especially like the place.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"our stay"
Room had a slight smell. Cigarette smoke. But on the second day it was cleaner and less noticeable. Bed was to soft. No pool or workout room. Spa was dirty. Needs maintenance work
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Horrible Stay"
I was extremely disappointed with this hotel. I read some of the reviews and felt comfortable staying there, I even went on Google maps street view to see what the hotel looked like, again it seemed suitable for my needs. This all changed once we checked in. The front office looked fine enough and the employee who helped me was polite. However, the rooms smelled like stale alcohol, the carpet was stained heavily and in one of our rooms we found a hair on the sheets in the bed. I ended up sleeping fully clothed and on the top of my bed. I did not find any visible hairs in the bed I was using but I wasn't willing to risk it.
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2014
"slept with ine eye open. don't stay here"
we were put in a room with no chain lock, it was visibly removed. lots of late night questionable activity in the nextdoor room. large window w a transparent curtain. also, although there were many vacant-looking rooms on first floor, staff wld not give me and my disabled father anything below second level. oh, and bring your own shampoo!
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"Great over night stop"
I am crazy about any over night stay, but the Discovery Inn was comfortable. I enjoyed the price, the jacuzzi, the staff and the breakfast! I recommend Discovery Inn for any road wary traveler needing a rest and a change of pace.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
...there she goes...
It is getting old and I don't think they are updating enough.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
Chuck Smith
"Sketchy"
People in rooms up all night. Service was bad, continental breakfast was serving guests not staying at the hotel, no place to sit.
2 night business trip Oct 25, 2013
Ann
"Good location but that's about it."
Not impressed with the quality of the hotel. Always heard good things but someone sure has a different opinion of what's nice and what needs work. not enough towels, had to go back each day and request a 4th towel. Not impressed by the toiletries, not enough for everyone. Coffee pot did not work properly. Disappointed!!
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
mf2009harley
great room great deal and the hot tubs made it just perfect
1 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2013
The room was clean, nights were quiet, service was friendly and proficient.
3 night business trip Oct 17, 2013
BWE
"Wine getaway"
Motel is old and but HUGE! Staff was friendly and courteous. Bed was comfortable. However, cleanliness of room became suspect when my husband discovered cigarette ashes in his water glass. We had a non-smoking room....Not sure I would stay there again....maybe if nothing else was available.
2 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2013
Andersons
Room was comfortable. Didn't have full kitchenette like it said it did, but there was a mini fridge and microwave. Bring your own shampoo and soap unless you're by yourself. There were five of us and only enough soap and shampoo for one of us to shower. Beautiful area with lots of things to do nearby.
2 night business trip Sep 20, 2013
Matthew
"just remodled"
clean rooms. nice price. no espn. The only complain I asked to check out a little late [ 12 noon ] and the day clerk said only to 1130. My wife had a meeting until 1200.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Don
"Never Again"
Extremely poor service
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2013
Robin
"bedding had cigarette burns, rugs dingy"
would have liked a cleaner experience, felt safe, close to highway
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
The sliding shower door was sticking and hard to open or close. Room 244
1 night trip Sep 6, 2013
"wifi don't work in the room"
wifi don't work in the room, room is big not well organized, no ball pen in the room, very unconfortable
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"convient, quiet, good breakfast"
Motel was surprisingly quiet for the Sat night we stayed. Room clean and adequate, and great breakfast included. Great deal for the price, and I would stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Monica
"excellent place to stay!"
Loved the hotel, especially the pool and jacuzzi. Shame that fitness center was not operating due to renovation. will definitely stay again
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
margaret
"Clean & reasonably priced"
Our stay ar Discovery Inn was nice. Our room was , clean & comfortable. The rate was extremely reasonable. Definitely intend on visiting again.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2013
"Basic accomodation"
We were at this hotel on Saturday night of Labor Day weekend. Every other hotel in town was filled to capacity while the Discovery Inn still had dozens of rooms available. The hotel staff was completely overwhelmed with the number of guests that night and check in took a long time. Door to our room wouldn't open and it turned out that the lock was malfunctioning. It eventually got resolved. Breakfast was your basic continental breakfast. Rooms were clean.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Good hotel only if you are left with no options"
The front desk staffs were so pleasing and attended every customer with patience. Good breakfast. Excellent location. Every fast food chain stores, gas stations and Raleys are nearby.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"review Discovery Inn in Ukiah"
My family had a terrible experience at Discovery Inn in Ukiah on Aug 31,2013. We made an reservation a Non Smoking room through Expedia. In the front desk, we also made a sure a non smoking room. But when we got in a room, it was a smoking room. Moreover, some fixture was taken, it seems under construction. We asked to change a room, but the staff said there was a non smoking room. We could not sleep at all. We think that Expedia and Inn have to have some responsibility. Sincerely,
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Needs lots of updating, cleaning, and work"
New owners are working on refurbishing hotel. Still needs lots of work. Appears that there are long term people staying there. A bit of a seedy group hanging around the hotel. Room is large. Bed is hard and uncomfortable. Towels feel like sand paper. It was just convienent to where we needed to be and lowest price. You get what you pay for. Free hot breakfast was nice. Not enough seating though.
3 night trip Aug 23, 2013
Kent
"Close to our event"
You couldn't find a hotel closer to our event we traveled to Ukiah for. We have stayed here many times this hotel is priced right and staff has always been pretty mellow until now. There were undesirable people outside saying they worked there as I was returning to my room late at night offering to help me open my door. In the morning before check out the front desk started calling to see if we were staying another night. Right at 11:00 check out time house keeping came knocking at the door as we were just about to walk out. Very pushy hotel staff.
2 night business trip Aug 23, 2013
"Under construction"
The design of the hotel did not hang together. Individual pieces might be good, but were put next to items that were either old or unrelated: a mixture of old, new, and thrift store furniture. The buildings were remodeled, over and over and over again, so there was no consistent design. Breakfast food was as cheap as possible. Very limited choices.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"Perfect Stopover"
We all slept like logs. Too bad we didn't have time to take a dip in the pool! Their complimentary breakfast is much better than a Continental. Fruit could have been more ripe. Great location. Friendly staff.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
Aimee S.
Ok for price. Run down
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
lthompson
For the price in the area it was ok. Run down
1 night trip Aug 15, 2013
"noisy!"
the motel was very very noisy. people were walking up and down the stairs at all hours of the night. I was woken up several times during the night by my motel neighbors. breakfast was good but I don't plan on staying there again cause I was too tired the next day.
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2013
We had to change our room, because somebody smoked in the bathroom of the non-smoking room. The inn was under construction, so maybe the workers got in. The other room smelt badly, too, but we were too tired to change again. We did not know the breakfast time, so almost everything was gone at about 9 am, but they had sausages next to the usual stuff. They do not let you take out food from the cafeteria. The wood carvings were nice at the front of the inn.
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2013
Andrea
"Discovery Inn, or more correctly, Inn Discovery?"
Where do you start - Actually, I must take responsibility for booking a room on Hotels.com & taking the 3rd from the bottom. I by-passed Motel 6 & Super 8 to get the place that housed the "rent-by-week" folks, the workers from this motel's renovation and others in the area. The room was somewhat clean, if you were ignore the mold on the bath mat & the cigarette burn holes in the blankets. The cardlocks for the spa didn't work, with no posted signs to tell you and the breakfast, waffles were good, no juice, with cold cereal. Those were the good points... Oh ya, the yelling across the parking lot at 3:00 am was somewhat annoying.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"Great hotel for the price"
I would definitely stay here again. The room was large, comfortable, and the grounds are nice. They are going through a remodel so there was some mess, but not bad. The pool was large. The price was excellent.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Stayed many places but will not stay here again"
I booked 2 rooms and check in is at 3pm. When we arrived, one room was ready and the other room wasn't ready until 5pm. I was told that I would be called when the room was ready but was never called. I had to call twice before it was barely ready. The event we drove into town for started at 5:30pm and we wanted to have time to rest and freshen up beforehand. Instead we all crammed into the one room and had to rush to get ready. The carpets were absolutely FILTHY. Our kids ran around on the carpet for the first hour and their feet were completely black. After that we kept our slippers/shoes on the whole time. Some of the towels had make-up and brown stains on them. There were some brown stains the on mattress as well. The mini-fridge and microwave smelled. When I booked the room, I wasn't informed of the outdoor remodeling that was in progress. The workers they had doing the remodeling didn't have a professional appearance (had their shirts off) and their supplies and equipment were not put aside safely. For breakfast, we were told we couldn't bring food back to our rooms but we saw many families allowed to do so while we were eating. We were told they "supposedly" made prior arrangements to do so....I don't think so. I would highly suggest to pay more for a better place to stay. This motel, not hotel, would only be an option if there was no other option left. We've stayed at worse places but we would not stay here again.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"convenient Ukiah motel"
staff very nice requested King bed but was given Queen TV reception poor this visit
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Wish didn't have reservations"
If I didn't have reservations, I would have went else where. No elevator but wanted to put two handicaps on an upstairs room. When asked for ground level, was given a dirty room.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"major construction zone"
Stay was ok. Just passing through for the night so didn't want to spend a lot, but it was a little more run down than I thought. At check in the receptionist put me in a room right in the middle of the construction zone. Their was bags of concrete right in front of the door and the curb was all torn up. I asked to be moved. She then gave me a room over on the other side of the property that wasn't under construction, but need major updating and there was garbage and dirty towels on the walkways. Inside, the tub needed better cleaning out and the furniture was worn and torn. The pool is nice and big. The breakfast was very minimal. There wasn't any waffle batter for the waffle makers. The only hot food was biscuits and gravy and sausage. There were unripe nectarines, hard boiled eggs, toast, and cereal. Would have liked to seen some more fruit, maybe danishes/muffins to fill in for the waffles.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
ecain
"Available when nothing else was"
I had to stand in line for 15 minutes to check in and get a key. There was massive construction underway everywhere. I found a long dark hair in my bed and the sounds of loud music and boys playing in the street below through the walls were so loud, I couldn't sleep for hours - even with earplugs. The maid banged loudly on the door a full hour before checkout time, but the price was right and there was room available when I needed it.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"Good breakfast"
I paid $53 per night, it's decent for the price but the breakfast was great.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
MDV
"Traveling through California"
We are from Missouri and flew into Los Angeles. We were making our way from LA to Seattle Washington. We made use of the laundry facilities after our first 4 days of travel
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2013
STL Mom
"construction clutter and poor repair..."
The door to room wouldn't close with out much effort from strong person,was misaligned.Smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling by its bared electrical wires.The front desk tried to give me an upstairs room instead of the down stairs handicap/wheelchair accessible room I booked.They changed it to a down stairs room at check in but by then there was no accessible rooms available so no shower for me and needed help to use the small,no wheelchair bathroom.Also could not get easy entry from car to room with wheelchair,no ramp.also had unwanted room guests at night,I woke up to ants all over the mini fridge and microwave next to the bed and in my water glass,they ended up all over my hands face in my mouth and all in my bed!!!! Not a good night sleep after all that!!!!
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Wayne
"Breakfeast Bar"
The lady at the breakfast bar will grab the plate right out of your hand its kind of scarry
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
hotel being renovated on outside they need to also do the inside clean but OLD I wuuldnt pay more then the $50 i paid at this point
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2013
wayne
"Will not stay here again!"
My family and I stayed here for a quick overnight trip and I have to say that I was not impressed! Our non-smoking room smelled like cigarette smoke, the toilet was dirty, the towels did not look clean, and the sheets on our bed did not look like they had been washed. This has to be the WORST place I've ever stayed at and I will not be staying here again.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
Leanne
"go somewhere else"
The hotel is in the process of repair - big repair. I would have expected to pay even less than the discounted rate...... It seems that it's a "construction worker" hotel for now, and that they've placed a couple of young, cute girls at the desk so you won't notice the shape the hotel is in. At least the shower was clean.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2013
"Poorest service in everything in Ukiah"
Check out time is at 11:00am. The maid knocked at the door at 9:30am, 10:00am, 10:30am, and one more time at 10:45am. Breakfast meant to served until 9:30am but stopped at 9:25am.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
Marc, Seabas, and Chris
"OLD< OLD"
They are obviously trying to update the hotel, but our shower was just plain disgusting with the mold in the shower and above the window. YUK Also, while waiting for my husband to check in, the people walking around were scary looking--not someplace I would want to be on a dark night. The room itself was satisfactory, just had problems with the shower.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
Sher
"A disappointing Stay."
The bed was to springy and uncomfortable. At 2 in the morning, about a half a dozen teens went swimming, and were in the pool for over an hour. The staff said that they did not know. When I woke up, and looked outside, there was a person sleeping on top of a Van in the lot. I think this staff is incompetent. The Hotel looks terrible. Not worth staying at.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
"close to highwway"
Lot of people hanging out, not a good feeling. I suppose most of them live here.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013