All hotels in Ukiah, California, United States of America
1340 N State St, Ukiah, CA, 95482, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.5
"Always Clean with Comfortable Beds"
We have stayed at this property for years and recommend it to others.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
for the price, served its purpose. needs cleaning and was very noisy!
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"comfortable and affordable"
Can't remember receptionist name but she was pregnant and very helpful, inviting and friendly. Staff although quite and into their work, once you talk to them, they're smiles more than inviting. Besides ants in room, very clean, big, and bed very comfortable. A soon to be 4 star hotel for sure ( just give them time, slow ly but 4 sure!! Thanks for everything
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Roseanna
"Looks nice from the outside"
This hotel used to be one of the best in town and it looks nice from the outside. But the inside needs a lot of work. Carpet was stained and the walls were all marked up. It smelled musty which made it not very comfortable. We went to the pool for a swim and as soon as my feet hit the bottom, I wanted to get out. There was dirt, sand and grit covering the bottom of the pool. Decided to try the whirlpool room since there are 4 different pools to try and they were all dirty and disgusting. This place needs better day to day care. On the plus side...we were greeted by a very nice and helpful young lady when we checked in but that was the highlight of our stay. Next time, we will spend the extra money to stay in one of the better places in town
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
"Not as nice as it once was."
The room was clean, but not really clean. No channel guide for the TV, very noisy outside the room on Saturday. Getting the same room for two night was a real hassle and I had to deal with them both days I stayed over it.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Not a good choice"
The Staff who were working were wonderful but there were few on the job. The Hot Tubs were filthy and cold. The pool was empty and I never saw housekeeping in the 3 days we were there. This is a beautiful old property, with an ownership who doesn't care about quality.
2 night family trip May 24, 2014
"STAY FAR AWAY!!!"
This facility is not only poorly maintained but FLAT OUT DISGUSTING AND UNPROFESSIONAL. My room had not been cleaned, there were hairs all over the place, there was thick dust on the coffee cups provided and there was nothing that I enjoyed about this motel. I will NEVER go back to ANY Discovery Inn. It was quite literally the worst motel I have ever stayed at.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"Economical but skimpy"
The room was large, plenty of room to move around, even with two queen-size beds. However, the bed was not very comfortable and the pillows were lumpy. The housekeeping was poor....there was a dirty towel left hanging in the bathroom and we were supplied only one hand and face towel. The tissue dispenser was empty and there was one small packet of shampoo. Also, the refrigerator was not on when we arrived on a very hot afternoon, so we had to allow time for it to cool. We had intended to use the hot tubs featured on the website .... but two of them were not heated, one was half full and the water was green, and the other was heated to about 90 degrees. The breakfast offerings were pretty standard, but the juice dispenser was "out of order." It was tolerable for one night, but despite the low price, I wouldn't stay here again unless I had to.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Ellen
"In sore need of renovation!"
Non-smoking room smelled of cigarette smoke, shower had mold, carpet filthy, holes in the walls from prior furnishing, pool closed. Certainly not the going to stay there again.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Cheap"
The rooms don't look like the pictures. Paper thin walls. Hair and mold in the bathtub. Continental breakfast was pathetic. Terrible part of town. Staff was okay. Absolutely will not stay there again.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Hannah
"better than i expected"
they are doing upgrades. the place is looking nice. good job.
1 night trip Apr 27, 2014
"STAY AWAY"
DUMP Hideous dump We feared for our safety so left an hour after arriving Lucky we weren't robbed
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Kathi
"easy to work with"
I have rented this hotel to stay while traveling hours north. I am pleased on how I have been treated and the hotel was comfortable and no disturbance.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
Laytonville
"Good for the money!"
Hole in wall not repaired was not appreciated.....noise of occupant upstairs kept me awake quite a bit.....courtesy and friendliness of staff and breakfast in morning was good.
3 night trip Mar 16, 2014
Nanew
"Nice for traveling with pet"
We were enroute with kitty to a vet hospital appointment. They were very kind and accommodating. Only a $10 charge for pets. Room was fine. Nothing fancy but comfortable and quiet.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
pat
"ok for construction people who need to relax"
there are many types of people there casino/ college/ construction/ out of state and country people, we had hospital stay in Ukiah the inside hot tub was the only worth while perk
Other trip Feb 28, 2014
deborah
"I stay there all the time"
It is an older motel, and looks it when you take a close look at the place. The rooms are clean and well maintained. I especially like the place.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"our stay"
Room had a slight smell. Cigarette smoke. But on the second day it was cleaner and less noticeable. Bed was to soft. No pool or workout room. Spa was dirty. Needs maintenance work
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Horrible Stay"
I was extremely disappointed with this hotel. I read some of the reviews and felt comfortable staying there, I even went on Google maps street view to see what the hotel looked like, again it seemed suitable for my needs. This all changed once we checked in. The front office looked fine enough and the employee who helped me was polite. However, the rooms smelled like stale alcohol, the carpet was stained heavily and in one of our rooms we found a hair on the sheets in the bed. I ended up sleeping fully clothed and on the top of my bed. I did not find any visible hairs in the bed I was using but I wasn't willing to risk it.
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2014
"slept with ine eye open. don't stay here"
we were put in a room with no chain lock, it was visibly removed. lots of late night questionable activity in the nextdoor room. large window w a transparent curtain. also, although there were many vacant-looking rooms on first floor, staff wld not give me and my disabled father anything below second level. oh, and bring your own shampoo!
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"Great over night stop"
I am crazy about any over night stay, but the Discovery Inn was comfortable. I enjoyed the price, the jacuzzi, the staff and the breakfast! I recommend Discovery Inn for any road wary traveler needing a rest and a change of pace.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
...there she goes...
It is getting old and I don't think they are updating enough.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
Chuck Smith
"Sketchy"
People in rooms up all night. Service was bad, continental breakfast was serving guests not staying at the hotel, no place to sit.
2 night business trip Oct 25, 2013
Ann
"Good location but that's about it."
Not impressed with the quality of the hotel. Always heard good things but someone sure has a different opinion of what's nice and what needs work. not enough towels, had to go back each day and request a 4th towel. Not impressed by the toiletries, not enough for everyone. Coffee pot did not work properly. Disappointed!!
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
mf2009harley
great room great deal and the hot tubs made it just perfect
1 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2013
The room was clean, nights were quiet, service was friendly and proficient.
3 night business trip Oct 17, 2013
BWE
"Wine getaway"
Motel is old and but HUGE! Staff was friendly and courteous. Bed was comfortable. However, cleanliness of room became suspect when my husband discovered cigarette ashes in his water glass. We had a non-smoking room....Not sure I would stay there again....maybe if nothing else was available.
2 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2013
Andersons
Room was comfortable. Didn't have full kitchenette like it said it did, but there was a mini fridge and microwave. Bring your own shampoo and soap unless you're by yourself. There were five of us and only enough soap and shampoo for one of us to shower. Beautiful area with lots of things to do nearby.
2 night business trip Sep 20, 2013
Matthew
"just remodled"
clean rooms. nice price. no espn. The only complain I asked to check out a little late [ 12 noon ] and the day clerk said only to 1130. My wife had a meeting until 1200.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Don
"Never Again"
Extremely poor service
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2013
Robin
"bedding had cigarette burns, rugs dingy"
would have liked a cleaner experience, felt safe, close to highway
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
The sliding shower door was sticking and hard to open or close. Room 244
1 night trip Sep 6, 2013
"wifi don't work in the room"
wifi don't work in the room, room is big not well organized, no ball pen in the room, very unconfortable
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"convient, quiet, good breakfast"
Motel was surprisingly quiet for the Sat night we stayed. Room clean and adequate, and great breakfast included. Great deal for the price, and I would stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Monica
"excellent place to stay!"
Loved the hotel, especially the pool and jacuzzi. Shame that fitness center was not operating due to renovation. will definitely stay again
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
margaret
"Clean & reasonably priced"
Our stay ar Discovery Inn was nice. Our room was , clean & comfortable. The rate was extremely reasonable. Definitely intend on visiting again.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2013
"Basic accomodation"
We were at this hotel on Saturday night of Labor Day weekend. Every other hotel in town was filled to capacity while the Discovery Inn still had dozens of rooms available. The hotel staff was completely overwhelmed with the number of guests that night and check in took a long time. Door to our room wouldn't open and it turned out that the lock was malfunctioning. It eventually got resolved. Breakfast was your basic continental breakfast. Rooms were clean.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Good hotel only if you are left with no options"
The front desk staffs were so pleasing and attended every customer with patience. Good breakfast. Excellent location. Every fast food chain stores, gas stations and Raleys are nearby.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"review Discovery Inn in Ukiah"
My family had a terrible experience at Discovery Inn in Ukiah on Aug 31,2013. We made an reservation a Non Smoking room through Expedia. In the front desk, we also made a sure a non smoking room. But when we got in a room, it was a smoking room. Moreover, some fixture was taken, it seems under construction. We asked to change a room, but the staff said there was a non smoking room. We could not sleep at all. We think that Expedia and Inn have to have some responsibility. Sincerely,
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Needs lots of updating, cleaning, and work"
New owners are working on refurbishing hotel. Still needs lots of work. Appears that there are long term people staying there. A bit of a seedy group hanging around the hotel. Room is large. Bed is hard and uncomfortable. Towels feel like sand paper. It was just convienent to where we needed to be and lowest price. You get what you pay for. Free hot breakfast was nice. Not enough seating though.
3 night trip Aug 23, 2013
Kent
"Close to our event"
You couldn't find a hotel closer to our event we traveled to Ukiah for. We have stayed here many times this hotel is priced right and staff has always been pretty mellow until now. There were undesirable people outside saying they worked there as I was returning to my room late at night offering to help me open my door. In the morning before check out the front desk started calling to see if we were staying another night. Right at 11:00 check out time house keeping came knocking at the door as we were just about to walk out. Very pushy hotel staff.
2 night business trip Aug 23, 2013
"Under construction"
The design of the hotel did not hang together. Individual pieces might be good, but were put next to items that were either old or unrelated: a mixture of old, new, and thrift store furniture. The buildings were remodeled, over and over and over again, so there was no consistent design. Breakfast food was as cheap as possible. Very limited choices.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"Perfect Stopover"
We all slept like logs. Too bad we didn't have time to take a dip in the pool! Their complimentary breakfast is much better than a Continental. Fruit could have been more ripe. Great location. Friendly staff.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
Aimee S.
Ok for price. Run down
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
lthompson
For the price in the area it was ok. Run down
1 night trip Aug 15, 2013
"noisy!"
the motel was very very noisy. people were walking up and down the stairs at all hours of the night. I was woken up several times during the night by my motel neighbors. breakfast was good but I don't plan on staying there again cause I was too tired the next day.
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2013
We had to change our room, because somebody smoked in the bathroom of the non-smoking room. The inn was under construction, so maybe the workers got in. The other room smelt badly, too, but we were too tired to change again. We did not know the breakfast time, so almost everything was gone at about 9 am, but they had sausages next to the usual stuff. They do not let you take out food from the cafeteria. The wood carvings were nice at the front of the inn.
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2013
Andrea
"Discovery Inn, or more correctly, Inn Discovery?"
Where do you start - Actually, I must take responsibility for booking a room on Hotels.com & taking the 3rd from the bottom. I by-passed Motel 6 & Super 8 to get the place that housed the "rent-by-week" folks, the workers from this motel's renovation and others in the area. The room was somewhat clean, if you were ignore the mold on the bath mat & the cigarette burn holes in the blankets. The cardlocks for the spa didn't work, with no posted signs to tell you and the breakfast, waffles were good, no juice, with cold cereal. Those were the good points... Oh ya, the yelling across the parking lot at 3:00 am was somewhat annoying.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"Great hotel for the price"
I would definitely stay here again. The room was large, comfortable, and the grounds are nice. They are going through a remodel so there was some mess, but not bad. The pool was large. The price was excellent.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Stayed many places but will not stay here again"
I booked 2 rooms and check in is at 3pm. When we arrived, one room was ready and the other room wasn't ready until 5pm. I was told that I would be called when the room was ready but was never called. I had to call twice before it was barely ready. The event we drove into town for started at 5:30pm and we wanted to have time to rest and freshen up beforehand. Instead we all crammed into the one room and had to rush to get ready. The carpets were absolutely FILTHY. Our kids ran around on the carpet for the first hour and their feet were completely black. After that we kept our slippers/shoes on the whole time. Some of the towels had make-up and brown stains on them. There were some brown stains the on mattress as well. The mini-fridge and microwave smelled. When I booked the room, I wasn't informed of the outdoor remodeling that was in progress. The workers they had doing the remodeling didn't have a professional appearance (had their shirts off) and their supplies and equipment were not put aside safely. For breakfast, we were told we couldn't bring food back to our rooms but we saw many families allowed to do so while we were eating. We were told they "supposedly" made prior arrangements to do so....I don't think so. I would highly suggest to pay more for a better place to stay. This motel, not hotel, would only be an option if there was no other option left. We've stayed at worse places but we would not stay here again.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013