All hotels in Ukiah, California, United States of America

Dirty
    Bad pool
    Bad internet service
"24 hours spa!"
Really enjoyed the breakfast, the art, and service. The spspas should be open 24hours!
1 night trip with friends May 31, 2015
"BEST hotel my whole trip!! Better than a four star"
This was the BEST hotel stay our whole trip!! It was better than the four star hotel in San Fran!! Quiet, large rooms, GREAT breakfast!!! Wish they were all this good!
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"Keep going!"
We got in at 1:00 a.m. and were expecting a clean room to stay in. The carpet was trashed and had stains everywhere, the room smelled awful, there were ants on the bathroom floor and counter. The final straw was when we pulled back the sheets and there was crumbs and hair on them. I called and said we would need a new room for sure. The clerk sounded a bit put out but gave us one. This room was better than the first, but not terrific. The next morning we attempted to use the coffee pot, but the coffee maker and coffee pot were 2 different sizes, so in order to get the coffee into the actual pot, we had to hold the pot up to keep it from going all over the counter. Decided it wasn't worth it and just went to get coffee. Check out was at 11 that morning, so we were getting ready and loading up the car to leave. It was about 10:50 and we had the door open trying to get our car repacked when I spotted someone who worked at the motel, not sure who she was, peeking into our room to see if we had left. We still had 10 minutes left and considering that by the time we switched rooms it was about 2:30, I would think they would be kind enough to not send a lady to peek and see if we were out yet. The hallway to the pet area was also completely blocked off with debris ( I guess they are remodeling- I hope!)so there was no way to get to it and no where but the parking lot for my dog to relieve itself.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
The pool had huge piles of dirt in it and garbage piled high it it! Which was terrible! Our room was ok but my friends room had roaches and bed bugs! At least half of the people left that we were with and went to another hotel!
5 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2015
Beth
"Smoke and mirrors"
The picture showed a pool and there wasn't one. The temperature outside was 95 and I was looking forward to a swim
2 night trip Jun 5, 2015
Cecilia
"Good value for the price"
Disappointed that the pool was closed for renovations on 100+ degree day.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"No Pool"
When I booked the room it showed the pool area. When we got there they were filling in said pool. The main reason we stayed here. When we went to use the hot tubs only 1 had jets & 1 was cold. Very disappointed. No manager on duty at 8 am at check out.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
Sandy
"Did get what was advertised"
The hotel is mid renovation it seems. There was no outdoor pool as described it was on adjacent property and was torn apart.It was over 100 degrees we were so wanting to swim and hang out. The Jacuzzis that were in door were nice . But the kids had taken them over jumping running and yelling so it wasn't very peaceful. Even though rules were posted children were left unattended to take over the area. This could be a very nice property but they are redoing it in a very scattered manner. Many longterm tenants seem to be there also. We had 2 doors for our room the front and the back. If you opened the back door it was looking at a slum area of town. Trash was over flowing and the crows were tearing it all apart. We requested room service to clean room while we went on a drive to the ocean. We left at 1230 and returned to find our door left open. Thankfully we had no valuables inside . I reported it immediately to front office. also about kids in spas. We finally were able to enjoy a quite spa that evening.
2 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Sue
"Economic price and convenience!"
I go to Ukiah once or twice a year, and Discovery is the hotel I prefer to stay. It is easy to get in and out of the highway. The room condition and cleanliness is acceptable with the price I paid for the room. This trip I got a King-size room with kitchen, and everything works! There is a new restaurant -- Wingstop at the entrance corner -- good fast food as a snack or a meal. The staff are well-trained, professional, and delightful to deal with. Few disappointments - no swimming pool. The staff said they are going to build a new one. - no scrambled eggs for breakfast -- just pancake, biscuit, sausage, gravy, and toast. Overall, I'll stay at this hotel again when I come back to Ukiah next year.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
DW
Expedia advertised this motel with a pool. After motorcycling in 106 degree heat, that was out main draw. Unfortunately, no pool despite beautiful picture of pool. Pool was now a pile of dirt. Our room was ragged with a sloppy paint job in the bathroom, the toilet was not bolted to the floor, & the towel shelf above the toilet had been installed and plastered up without finishing the wall. Ancient stove and dark grimy cabinets served no value & looked horribly 1970's. Despite these aesthetics, the staff was extremely helpful & welcoming, the room was clean & adequate. Having option of continental breakfast was nice. If I would have e known the pool issue, we would have booked somewhere else. Full size refrigerator kept our beer cold, grocery store, bowling alley & food & freeway all right there & walking distance.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
v&ch
"Pool filled with dirt, room dirty, Dont Go there"
The first room they put me in was filthy, cobb webs and dust hanging down from the popcorn ceiling. The room smelled like Asian spices and ants crawling on the walls. I had to put a towel over the chair just to sit so I wouldn't get creepy crawly's all over me. I finally went to the desk and asked for another room which the front desk man(very nice) from Illinois gave me a clean room with a balcony only problem is the sliding door would not open but 1 foot. I will never stay there again and I would not recommend this for any family with children due to the monthly live in guest were outside arguing and cussing. Also the reason I went with that hotel for the deal I received from the booking company was it had a pool and it was guaranteed, Guess what! pool was filled to the top with dirt nobody's swimming in that. DONT RENT A ROOM THERE!
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Dorothy
"Discovery inn was a pleasant place to relax"
It was a nice hotel with four indoor hot tubs my room was like a small apt. With a full size stove and fridge their was some renovations being done but it but it didn't bother my sleep at all I gave it 3 out of 5 stars
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Short get away"
Great location, places to eat close by and the beds were very comfortable. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room. Shopping close by also.
Other trip May 30, 2015
lincoln
"you be the judge"
first off, I loved that there was a wing stop next door. beds were very comfortable, only real gripe was we had ants by the sink and there was a dirty hand towel that was probably from the previous occupant.
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
"Comfortable economical stay!"
Convenient, huge room! Pet friendly!
2 night business trip May 16, 2015
Austin
"Good place to stay"
Helpful staff and a nice, clean room.
1 night romance trip May 17, 2015
"You get what you pay for.......?"
It was a great price. The location was decent, more business just a small drive away, the wingstop that had nice beers right in the same parking lot was great. The room was big and had a lot, but.....the sink faucet wasn't put together right so it didn't work right. The bathroom window didn't have a screen and we were on the bottom floor (a little concerning) The shower was so gross we wouldn't even use it, hair on the wall and the floor of the shower was absolutely disgusting and looked like it was never cleaned. You get what you pay for.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"LONGTIME FAVORITE"
This longtime favorite is undergoing renovation. We pulled in after midnight, having made late night reservations through Hotels.com and the night clerk took care of us efficiently.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Dissapointing"
The bathroom light was broken, several outlets didn't work, and there was no ventilation in said bathroom except for a small window. The bed was comfortable though. Will probably look for a different place to stay next time we are up there visiting friends.
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
Kenneth
"Basic, pet-friendly stay."
Cigarette smoke from the smokers next door was somehow travelling into our room via the bathroom ventilation, I think. Or, it just permeated the walls. On the good side, they were pet-friendly, but I guess if you have a pet, you then must stay in the second-class room. The carpet had cigarette burns on the floor. (This was a "non-smoking room", who knew??? The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful.
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
Austin
"Hotels stay"
It was clean and the breakfast were good the people were nice and I love the indoor spa
5 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
Travis
"Awesome Breakfast"
Hot tub room was a great bonus.
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
"Never again"
So bad. Room stunk like stale cigarettes and dirt (though they swore it was a non-smoking room), lady at the desk was snippy, bed was uncomfortable, neighborhood was questionable. Picked it because they had a cheaper pet fee, but wish we hadn't. Luckily we were just stopping for the night to rest for the next leg of our road trip. Won't be visiting Ukiah or this hotel ever again.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Deanna
"The Discovery Inn. Discover it."
The Discovery Inn is a woman in her mid to late years. But, don't pass her by just because of her age.She still has quite a few dances left in her. The rooms are clean even if they are a little rough around the edges. Nothing drips, nothing leaks. The Inn's location is convenient to downtown and all the fine eateries located there. And, it is just a hop, skip and a jump from the N. State Street exit on 101. I highly recommend it. Did I mention that the room prices are very reasonable?
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
charlie
"The price was right"
The Discovery Inn was adequate for my needs. The one bedroom unit I had was small, clean, with no frills. Perfect for my needs but certainly not the Marriott, which was okay with me. I felt safe. The free breakfast along with a great deal on the room made it the perfect place to spend the night.
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
"nice room"
Room had needed amenities and very comfortable. Competitive pricing because pool and gym closed which was not stated in hotel info at booking
1 night business trip Oct 18, 2014
"you get what you pay for........"
we arrived late. there were lots of loud people in the back parking area. the room was dirty, stains on the box springs, graffiti on the door and walls. old shower with broken tile floor. Iron that was gross, tethered down to an ironing board full of stains. Did not even bother to try the free breakfast.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"fix the bed bugg peoblem"
Stayed two Weeks while working up there . Had two separate rooms each week . I noticed little red bites on my arms and legs. Thought it might be ingrown hairs I thought . Until the next week different room same red spots like a pimple that's been poped.
2 night business trip Oct 5, 2014
ROBERT COBURN
"good"
good
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
"Close to Professional Bowling Event"
Area was appears to be in the process of being renovated with store and fast food chains. down side was that one section of hotel appeared to be converted to long-term section-8 housing for low income families?
2 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
Dan Sasaki
"ok for passing through"
Hundred degree heat and pool was closed Exercise room "closed for maintenance" and the front desk didn't even know Noisy logging trucks coming and going from parking lot under window....
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
A.
"Kinda Gross"
my room served it's purpose but was pretty gross. the shower still had someone else's hair in it & there towel was still on the back of the door. i didn't spend much time in the room - thank god. i honestly felt like it was a scene from the tv show the First 48. also, the pool was not working. overall just gross.
3 night trip Sep 11, 2014
"Problems & Disappointments"
First of all, the pool HAD NO WATER and it was over 100 degrees! Secondly, the front desk lady (who barely spoke English) kept trying to charge me for my room even though I had paid through Expedia. She couldn't find my reservation for several minutes. Then, they had me down for a different kind of room than I had reserved. Then, room key didn't work...The TV was fuzzy on half of the channels & the next morning they did have breakfast available but I had to eat in the lobby and wasn't allowed to take it to my room.
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
"Overnight Business Trip"
Very friendly counter staff. This is an aging facility that desperately needs to be upgraded. The cleanliness of my room was debatable and I actually scanned my sheets for signs of bed bugs. Stains on curtains, mattress side, carpet and the fact that the bathroom sink backed up made for a less than restful evening.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Laura and Ann
"stopover"
there were apparently computer problems @ the front desk causing a backup during a heavy admission time. i think it was the owner who was trying to help out the evening desk clerk. the "owner" didn't seem to have a mastery of running the desk & didn't really seem to be helping the situation. eventually we got into our room, & it was fine.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Not Happy"
Room wasn't ready. Shower dirty, half my power went out no tv, ac or power plugs. Maintenance guy was helpful
Tonya
"too hot"
It was really hot and they're pool and spa was closed. Asked front desk and the receptionist had no answer why it was closed. Checked into room and TV didn't work and had to switch room at late night. Wasn't a overall good stay at all
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
Jacob
"no junior suite"
i paid for a junior suite and when i got there the lady had no idea what a junior suite was...so i paid for a room they didnt have...they really need to change their website
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Reasonable value for a reasonable price"
The room was comfortable for sleeping. It was quiet at night. The refrigerator had was broken, but they replaced it within 15 minutes. It's nice that they allowed dogs to stay, but I didn't like their dog walk area. I did better taking my dog to the local park for his needs.
3 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Tommas
"Disgusting room in a sketchy area"
Stained carpet, walls, sheets, pillowcovers. Cigarettburns on trays and torn furniture. Rooms smells really bad. Dont go there!
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Anita
"Always Clean with Comfortable Beds"
We have stayed at this property for years and recommend it to others.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
for the price, served its purpose. needs cleaning and was very noisy!
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"comfortable and affordable"
Can't remember receptionist name but she was pregnant and very helpful, inviting and friendly. Staff although quite and into their work, once you talk to them, they're smiles more than inviting. Besides ants in room, very clean, big, and bed very comfortable. A soon to be 4 star hotel for sure ( just give them time, slow ly but 4 sure!! Thanks for everything
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Roseanna
"Very disappointing"
I asked for a handicap room and it had no grab bars in the bathroom and the toilet wabbled and was too low to be handicapped.My husband has only one leg and could not use the shower because there wasn't a seat in the shower and there were no grab bars or the shower head was detachable, it was fixed and would never work. We used to stay here several years ago and it was very nice. We had actual handicapped room and was treated with respect, not watched while we ate breakfast. We won't be staying here anymore, since it's changed owners.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Looks nice from the outside"
This hotel used to be one of the best in town and it looks nice from the outside. But the inside needs a lot of work. Carpet was stained and the walls were all marked up. It smelled musty which made it not very comfortable. We went to the pool for a swim and as soon as my feet hit the bottom, I wanted to get out. There was dirt, sand and grit covering the bottom of the pool. Decided to try the whirlpool room since there are 4 different pools to try and they were all dirty and disgusting. This place needs better day to day care. On the plus side...we were greeted by a very nice and helpful young lady when we checked in but that was the highlight of our stay. Next time, we will spend the extra money to stay in one of the better places in town
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
"DISGUSTING"
Vagrants roaming the parking lot. Shady characters drinking and smoking everywhere. Opened the door to our room and were nearly knocked out by the stench of dog pee. Could see the pee stains on the carpet. There were holes in the walls and filth throughout. Felt like a homeless shelter. We are not picky peeps but even my most laid back man you could ever meet refused to stay after looking at three separate rooms we were given. Went down to the Days inn! Amazing staff and CLEAN rooms in a safe environment. Discovery in close your doors and call it quits. Clearly no clue how to run a motel.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Not as nice as it once was."
The room was clean, but not really clean. No channel guide for the TV, very noisy outside the room on Saturday. Getting the same room for two night was a real hassle and I had to deal with them both days I stayed over it.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Not a good choice"
The Staff who were working were wonderful but there were few on the job. The Hot Tubs were filthy and cold. The pool was empty and I never saw housekeeping in the 3 days we were there. This is a beautiful old property, with an ownership who doesn't care about quality.
2 night family trip May 24, 2014
There we're stained sheets, a hole in the wall, ants, a pool that was being filled after cleaning due to contamination. We were given a second room which was better but did not have 2 queen sized beds but had a sofa bed instead. We were charged for two queens. There were ants in the second room. Don't send people there.
1 night trip May 24, 2014