All hotels in Carmel, California, United States of America
San Carlos Street, Between 4th and 5th Ave., Carmel, CA, 93921, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice quiet clean place right in downtown"
King Bed was very comfy, room was clean and not run down. Room was very quiet, no noise at all from anywhere. It was great to get the morning continental breakfast delivered and have a modern single-serving coffee maker in the room. Staff were very friendly and very eager to assist with anything needed. Only problems we had were that the fireplace made the room smokey and the jacuzzi didn't work. The room was not promoted as having a jacuzzi so it was not a promised or expected perk, but would have been nice... All else was great. The room was a bit more expensive than the hotel where we usually stay (Normandy Inn) but has a king bed and is in a better location and is a bit more modern. We might go back to Candle Light or Normandy again or may shop around next trip to Carmel. There are lots of good hotels and in this price range, these 2 seem to be best rated.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2014
Nice quaint inn. Quiet and peaceful. In a good location. Very helpful and friendly staff.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Beautiful place to stay!"
Garden flowers were amazing pretty everywhere. Room condition was clean and neat. Renovated bathroom was very nice. Happy with free breakfast.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2014
nicole
"close to beach, shops and restaurants."
Great location, friendly staff, very comfortable.
1 night trip May 22, 2014
"Lovely hotel close to restaurants, beach etc"
Lovely hotel, very central. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommended this hotel.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Convenient location"
I came down for a girl's weekend with three friends. The location was super convenient and easy to find, the staff was very friendly and we were able to leave our cars in the parking lot so we could get everywhere on foot. The room was cute with water, clean bathroom, plenty of pillows, comfortable bed, fire pit (which we didn't use only because our stay was only 1 night). Would definitely go back.
Other trip May 23, 2014
Comfortable room and good value for money.
1 night trip May 11, 2014
"A gem"
The hotel was comfortable. The location was great. The place is clean and the staff friendly. The fireplace in Room 20 added a special touch! Not to mention the convenience of having a kitchen!
1 night trip May 7, 2014
"Wish I could have stayed longer"
Very nice room, and terrific staff. The hotel was easy to find, ample parking, and very comfortable room. I had to check-out before breakfast to make it to the airport, so they front desk clerk delivered my breakfast the night before. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2014
"Not good judge as our first Carmel stay."
Based on reviews, we expected more. Bathroom was updated, but could have been much improved by better use of space-room for a larger vanity. Kerig coffee maker not a good idea--sounds like a good idea, but isn't. Loved Carmel, but will try a different place next time.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Shirley
"Good location, upgraded rooms, nice bathroom"
it was a comfortable stay. A double room for our family of four. Clean. Well-located--steps to town and the beach. Will stay again.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Too short of a stay"
very nice hotel but would like to have stayed longer than one night
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Perfect!"
Very friendly staff. Rooms were fresh and clean - very roomy. Lots of windows, fresh air. We go to Carmel often and this is where we will stay from now on.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Very charming and relaxing. I will stay here again in the future.
1 night business trip Mar 7, 2014
"overpriced"
Awkward, tight layout for the 2 bed room. Bed placements prevented ability to fully open door to bathroom and made entering/exitng the room challenging. No counter space in bathroom. Cereal only for the 'included' breakfast. Not worth $175/night-even for Carmel.
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2014
It had everything we needed and a great location. You can tell the hotel is old though and could use a renovation. The walls and windows were far from sound proof. Wish it was a bit more quiet!
2 night romance trip Jan 24, 2014
"Confortable Stay"
The hotel is located near shopping area and restaurants. Restaurant recommended for breakfast was excellent choice.
1 night trip Jan 8, 2014
Ken
"Candle Light Inn. Carmel"
Outstanding accommodations. Excellent location. Enjoyed our stay. Would return in the future.
4 night business trip Jan 2, 2014
Hotel was very clean and centrally located close to everything we wanted to see. I would highly recommend this hotel and stay there again when I'm in Carmel.
4 night business trip Dec 28, 2013
Edward
Friendly and helpful staff. Nice room and very clean. Great location. Close to shopping and restaurants. Love the outside fireplace. Would stay there again.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2013
D Slack
"very good"
The bad: The TV was pretty bad but you shouldn't be watching it enough to care. The TV cabinet was an eye sore. Some people had complain about the walls being too thin, it didn't feel that way. The good: A short walk to most shops and restaurants. Pretty secluded area (not much road noise). Well maintained room. Good services. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2013
kenny
"Hotel conveniently located to all shopping and din"
Very clean hotel but should provide full length mirrors for dressing.
Other trip Dec 24, 2013
"Great find in Carmel"
The location was perfect. Although a motel-style inn as are many properties in Carmel, the room upgrades were luxurious. The bed was very comfortable, the towels thick and fluffy, the bathrobes big and cozy, and the Keurig coffee maker a nice plus. We enjoyed a glass of wine by the fire pit in the evening. The woman at the reception desk was very nice and personally checked to make sure our room was up to her standards before giving us the key card. We will definitely stayed there the next time we go to Carmel.
1 night romance trip Dec 16, 2013
glw
"Very Pleasant stay"
We loved our stay at the Candle Light Inn. The room was very clean and well appointed. A lot of nice little touches too. The staff was very professional and friendly. The Inn is very close to all of the cute little shops and restaurants in Carmel. Staying at the Inn also gets you discounts at many nearby restaurants.
Other trip Dec 14, 2013
Ted
"Very nice place, good employees."
People who work at Candle Light Inn were friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Great location!
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2013
Bernardo
"Pleasant stay"
This hotel was not luxurious but it was nice and clean. It had everything we needed and it was within walking distance of restaurants, shopping and the beach. After enjoying Carmel they have an outside firepit that is perfect for relaxing and sipping wine.
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
Queen E
"What a Gem!"
WOW!!! Great location! Great staff!! Nice big room!! I want those pillows in the room!! So close to all the happenings. Will for sure be back to this hotel any time my travels take me to Carmel.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
Cary
"Great Hotel, a Gem!"
Wonderful hotel experience. GREAT location, GREAT Room.
1 night trip Oct 30, 2013
"Very nice visit."
The staff was very nice and helpful. We had a room on the second floor,I loved the sound of the ocean in very early hours of the morning. We are planning on a return for New Years.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Jo
"The BEST getaway!"
My husband & I needed a liitle break from family, dogs &, cats. It was our "43" wedding anniversay & we spent it in beautiful Carmel...the Candelight Inn was so charming & the staff were all GREAT! we made such good friends with them all. I would trully recommend this place to all my friends & relatives....Everything was in walking distance. We are definately going back in a few months to stay longer & we'll stay there. I love Carmel....
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
Sandy
"Loved the Candlelight Inn"
Comfortable beds, very clean, conveniently located to everything and the staff was awesome. We had a plumbing issue, which was no fault of the inn's - things like this happen wherever you stay. It was handled immediately and they bent over backwards for us. We were nicely compensated for the inconvenience with wine & chocolate. Outdoor gas fireplace very cozy. Candlelight was awesome!!! Would stay again.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Nice and cute hotel in Carmel, close by the sea"
Have a great experience in Candle Light ! They are very friendly and helpful. The location is close to main street of Carmel, also close to sea. Quite and comfortable!
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Fay
"adorable"
I loved the little place, very sweet and charming. Neighborhood was not the greatest with lots of young adults running up and down the hallways and screaming around 3 am. they ended up next door in the swimming pool. I recommend a night watchman; there was no one around.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
jean
"well located. walking distance to central carmel"
this is a no frills inn, but it is very comfortable and clean. it is located in the heart of the shopping and dining district.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
Skip
"Location"
Very poor in room breakfast included
1 night trip Sep 5, 2013
"Comfortable Stay."
This is the second time in two years that we've stayed at this hotel. Will stay again. Gladly recommend to anyone.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Great location - Quiet neighborhood"
It was really great. Easy walking distance to all of Ocean Avenue shopping and restaurants. The room was very clean and quiet. I would stay again.
2 night trip Aug 7, 2013
"Wonderful Stay"
We enjoyed our stay very much, Walking distance to shops and restaurants. Quaint, welcoming town. Hotel was old, but well kept.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
Lori
"Facilities need an update."
The staff was friendly, and the hotel was overpriced. The room was unimpressive and looks like an old motel room (which I guess is what it is!) and is nothing fancy. We paid approx $300 per night and you'd think that for those rates they could afford to update the rooms, make nice showers, fix tile, etc. Instead the shower is an appropriate height for a child and is like you'd see in an older apartment building (a shower head at about 5'8" over a little fiberglass tub). Linoleum on floor of bathroom also has that old apartment feeling. Price is what the market will bear I guess, being that it's Carmel. If you can get comparable or better rates at other places in town, give them a try. It feels like this hotel isn't really trying.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Great location!"
Our stay at the Candle Light Inn was very nice. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the in-room fireplace was a great touch! We loved having a kitchen (fridge, microwave, stove/oven, etc.). The continental breakfast delivered to your room each morning with the paper was also convenient. Overall, we were pleased with our stay and would recommend it to others. The only negative to our stay was the hot water went out and it took an hour to get fixed. Other than that, all was fine.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
Tracy
"Convenient Inn with large Rooms and Congenial Staf"
The best thing about the Candlelight Inn is the staff. From the Front Desk to Housekeeping, all go out of their way to greet you and do as much as they can for you. The rooms here are large and comfortable. The bathroom has been updated and while there is not a tub the shower is larger than most. Everything here is very basic. We skipped breakfast as it was just a continental one with yogurt, juice and coffee delivered to the room We decided to walk to the beach and stop at Il Fornaio which has great espresso drinks and pastries. Other inns in the Inns by the Sea collection have better breakfast selections and amenities, in our opinion. We have stayed at the Candlestick Inn and the Wayside Inn which are also in the collection. If you are only staying for one night this is a fine choice.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"Lovely hotel in a wonderful location"
I do not recommend the Candlelight Inn. I would love to write an excellent review of this hotel, but I can't. Despite the friendly staff, cleanliness and great location, I did not have a great stay. We left our room early one morning and stayed out until late afternoon. When we returned to our room we found the door slightly ajar. I was afraid of a break-in and was initially afraid to enter the room. I spent half an hour checking that my jewelry and laptops and other valuables were all accounted for. Fortunately it was not a break in, the cleaning staff had left the door ajar. We consider ourselves very lucky that we were not robbed. Imagine how that would have ruined our "relaxing" weekend getaway! The front desk was appalled and sorry for the incident. We asked to be contacted by a manager and never were. I spent the rest of my stay nervous and annoyed that we had not been contacted. This is simply unacceptable behavior on their part.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"Very comfortable stay"
Took my wife to Carmel for her birthday. it happened to also be the birthday of the very nice person checking us in. They surprised us with chocolates and a bottle of wine. Very nice touch. Clean, quiet and within walking distance of shopping and restaurants. Staff was extremely helpful and pleasent. Room was large and clean, bedding comfortable. Continental breakfast was below average compared to other hotels in the Monterey area.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
chris
"Good location and well maintained"
Checked in early and only three of our reserved five rooms were ready....no problem as we were early except it was almost 40 minutes "after" the 3:00 p.m. check in time before the last room was ready.
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
"So relaxing!!! Fireplace AND spa tub in room..."
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Though the place is aged and creaks can be heard from the floor above (I was on the ground floor), I still really enjoyed my stay. Quiet hours are 10pm to 8am, and people adhered to that. The tub was delightful! I LOVED the fireplace, but bring your own short bundle of wood if you want something other than a duralog (still lovely). To make matters better, Brophy's pub is across the way and their pub fare is a step above your average pub. I love Carmel and highly recommend it!!! (This would be a GREAT place for a romantic get-a-way!) I rated the cleanliness a little low because the sink was in need of new silicone (or whatever you use) around the sink stopper; it was rusted and dark. The bed spread/coverlet, which was white, had some dark stains on it. The great news was I arrived at the same time a large party did. The large party was confused about something and I had little patience having just been in my car in traffic for almost 3 hours (should have taken an hour). Without me saying a word, the desk clerk asked if she could check me in and did so in under 5 minutes. Terrific!
1 night trip May 24, 2013
"Excellent choice!"
An excellent choice for a property near the village.
Other trip May 27, 2013
"Outstanding Service"
Location was perfect, room was huge and spotless, amenities were excellent, windows opened to let fresh air in and P.J. At the front desk was outstanding! He made us feel welcome from the moment we stepped into the office. He offered to make dinner reservations for us, map quested our route for the next day and brought up our continental breakfast in the evening because he knew we were leaving early the next day!
1 night trip May 10, 2013
Baby Boomers
"Very pretty inn"
We really enjoyed cuddling by the fire pit in the evenings. The staff were all excellent and very friendly. The hotel is very close to downtown and walking distance to the beach. I would recommend it to a friend.
Other trip May 11, 2013
"Great staff and location!"
This was one of the friendliest hotels I have ever checked into. Though we were a late arrival, the check-in clerk was extremely welcoming and helpful. The room was spacious, comfortable, clean and within walking distance of all the Carmel shops and restaurants. The firepit also created a nice ambience. My only suggestion to this hotel would be to skip offering breakfast. Though it was nice to have it delivered to our room, the items included were just average. Probably nicer to get breakfast in town.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2013
"Disappointing"
Coffee maker didn't work. Shower drain clogged. No bathrobes as indicated in room photos.
2 night romance trip Mar 29, 2013