All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here3221 Plainfield Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49525, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
    2.9
    2.6
    2.2
"nice trip"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was in a prime location near the freeway and restaurants.
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
tiffany
"You can stay there, but you don't want to"
Comforter had cigarette burns in it (non-smoking room). A cloth diaper sat in the stairwell the whole weekend we were there. There was one tiny trash can in the bathroom. The "fitness room" had 4 items of equipment. One of them was a step, and only two of the other machines worked. We had some very nice staff at the counter when we checked in/out, but other staff we encountered were less friendly. Although it was not the nicest hotel, it was cheap enough that we didn't expect it to be. It's a decent place to stay, but not if you're looking for a higher-quality experience.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"Nice Pool!"
The best part of the stay was the pool. Staff was nice. Hotel was outdated and dirty
1 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
Judy
"You get what you paid for"
The largest problem I felt that nobody cares about this place. Seems like management does not care that carpet is dirty, door to bathroom does not close, coffee is never brewed for breakfast, building is dilapidated and so on. But we enjoyed Grand Rapids.
2 night trip Oct 22, 2014
"Not bad"
Keep it clean.
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014
"Better than expected"
So I knew going in that I was paying for a cheap hotel. When my wife and I arrived we saw that the building was a bit dated and expected the worst. However, despite the lack of superficial updates, the hotel was pretty nice. We didn't try out the pool but the other facilities were kept up well. The TV was very small though (not that I went to Grand Rapids to watch cable). With some building updates this hotel could really be nice. The foundation is there.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Geoffrey
"The worst hotel we have ever stayed in"
Never book a hotel without reading the reviews first. This was by far the worst place we have ever stayed. I had to wash even our clean clothes as the smell of the place was in everything. We found a cigarette butt under the bedside table, I got scratched by a wire sticking out of the box spring, It was very crowded. The carpets were terribly stained. When we first got in the room the light by the door was not working and when they put a light bulb in it the bulb exploded. To put it short it was very dirty and stinky. On the plus side I did not see any bugs.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Close to Rock City BMX track in Rockford, MI"
The Knights Inn Hotel met my expectations, and was the best value in the area. The room and TV were dated, but I would stay their again due to low price and convenience of location to Rock City BMX Track.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Dirty and stinky"
The room and entire hotel smelled of cats? I think people are currently living permanently in this hotel. Anyway the room I stayed in had a door joining into the next room, which we could lock but this still did not deter the "neighbors" from attempting to gain access to our room even after we shouted that "someones in here" I would suggest finding another place to stay but if you must it is cheap and in a fairly convenient location.
1 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2014
"The Worst Hotel Ever!"
First of all the hotel was dirty and not overall presentable! Also the staff was not very friendly or knowledgeable of any restaurants or fun places to go or any attractions to check out. Also the rooms were dirty and the bed sheets and towels seemed as if someone used them previously!! very Disappointing!! I would NEVER recommend any of my friends or family to stay there!!!!!
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Nice place if you just need to crash in for the night. Simple breakfast (pancakes, coffee, juice, milk).
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Mohamed
"not perfect but not bad"
I stayed 3 different nights in 3 different rooms and each were different. the room and furniture was very dated the first night, the second night it was like a brand new rom fresh paint, new furniture, and the third night, new air conditioner but he bloodstains on the carpet were a sure turnoff. I would stay again, the rooms are clean and beds are cozy but you do get what you pay for!
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
"Good value, comfortable stay, but smell was bad."
Great Price, comfortable beds, just the smell of the carpet in the room was really bad. It slapped you in the face as soon as you walked into the room.
5 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2014
"Terrible"
After a few minutes in that place we decided to get out asap. Not recommended We did not stay there, a shame we can not get our money back!
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Gerardo
"Totally adequate"
Lobby & room were clean and neat. Room was spacious and comfortable. Front desk staff were nice. As other reviewers noted, there was a bit of a musty smell to the hallway and room, but, like any other constant odor, your nose get used to it after a few minutes. If you're looking for a decent place to spend the night, you can't beat this for price & location.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
GW
"Not a very clean hotel"
Parking lot filled with cigarette butts.man drinking .dining room messy with cereal on floor, sticky tables.went there twice in the morning same mess. Never gave us enough towels for shower upon arrival.one time only made one bed didn't vacuum. Carpets were dirty..musty smell walking down hall.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Hotel was decent for a two night stay, does need some updating on carpets and 3rd floor, but 2nd floor halls are nice as well as the rooms. Guest service was friendly and met our needs. Pool was nice, as well as the continental breakfast. I was not expecting much for the price, but it was decent for our 2 night stay.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Victoria Mauss
"Will be back to Grand Rapids but not to this hotel"
Lobby's look are very deceiving as far as the rest of this hotel goes. Unsavory characters wander the poorly lit facility at all hours. Inside of shower curtain was disgusting to say the least & towels were well worn & stained. Small tube tv had horrible static. Portable crib had to be throroughly scrubbed w/Clorox before I would put my daughter in it. Will be back to Grand Rapids but never again to this hotel.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
disappointed
"Average at best"
The hotel did not even have my reservation when I produced my confirmation page. Very poor service at front desk. Room was clean but hallways were old and had smell to them.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"needs repair and modernization"
this hotel worked for me but only because I was too tired to forfeit my reservation and look elsewhere upon arrival. Hotel was in disrepair, unclean in some areas and needing major modernization throughout. I haven't seen a 19" tube TV in a hotel room in some time.. . the pool area was borderline unsafe (exposed pipes, uneven surface, unstable tables)... the exposed mattress box spring had stains on it. I was happy to check out and leave. On the up side, the rate was low ... a real you-get-what-you-pay-for experience. Hotel is right next to the freeway, very convenient.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
james
"Very nice employees"
We had a great time. Room had been recently painted so was clean. Every employee from the front desk to the maid was very nice and helpful. The pool was nice and clean, but cold. We could tell they are working on improving the hotel. We would stay there again if we return to the area.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
Lynn
"Hotel was all that I expected"
The only issue that I had was with the desk staff; they did not seem to know what they were doing. Two people behind the counter and both of them working on the same customer. It took 25 minutes to get checked in and get my room key. Also, I arranged for a late checkout and came back to the room after a stop at the pool only to find that my key no longer worked. I had to go back down to the desk to straighten out the situation. Overall, my stay was quite pleasant.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"North of gr rapids"
Room was fine; Hallway smelled: Lots of trash outside on ground and overflowing trash cans; entranceways needed upkeep; pool was fine but around pool area needed housekeeping and cement work. Room and bathroom very clean.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Sally
"Did the job as a hotel"
Just a plain hotel. The air conditioning worked, as did the wifi. We stayed there one night and chose it for the price and location to the Grand Rapids area. It was all we were looking for.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Cristina
"Great price, can't argue with value"
For the low rate we got I can't argue with it too much but the hotel could have been cleaner and more well maintained. Overall within my expectations for the price. I wouldn't be outside at night in the neighborhood but walking in from the parking lot was okay.
2 night business trip Jul 8, 2014
"stay somewhere else"
Dirty, dirty, & foul smell...choose another hotel. Location is perfect...
3 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"Go with no Expectations"
I paid 38.00/night for this hotel, really how high should my expectations be. It was a great location that was my goal. I did check for bed bugs and there was none and no evidence of them. It is clear that management does not care about this hotel. It was safe, no bugs, all i care about. The best part I didnt have to tip the housecleaning crew, they cared even less about their job.
4 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Judith Swanson
"Disappointing"
Air conditioner didn't work the way it should Could hear next door resident talk room was not clean breakfast was headlined - bread, cereal and orange juice was only offered. Very misleading compared to other chains that offer breakfast Will not return
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
when we arrived there was nobody at the front desk to check if for at least 15 minutes, we got there and my son had to use the bathroom so we asked another quest where one was and the only one they knew of was out of order. when the clerk finally arrived to the front desk he was nice enough to give us a key to a employee bathroom for my son but it was in a storage closet that was a complete mess. my family decided to wait until we got our room key because the bathroom that he told us to use was that dirty.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Dissapointing. Dissapointing. Dissapointing. Dissapointing. Dissapointing. Dissapointing. Dissapointing.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
The room was not ready upon check in. Had to ask for more towels. No towels at pool area. Not enough selections for the continental breakfast. Was not a good experience.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
it was an awful expiernce. you would be crazy to go here. uncontrolled hoodlums, all hours of the night, running up and down the halls between 2-6am, pounding on doors and pulling of fire alarms.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Fire alarm at 5 AM didn't help. One towel and washcloth wasn't enough
1 night trip May 24, 2014
gfid
"Decent for the price"
Hallways painted a funky orange color, very cheap-looking & poorly lit, still smelled of paint... in room beds were uncomfortable, view from window is of parking lot, couldn't open the windows. Left my phone in the room and realized only after checking out and leaving. I called the desk and the person who answered told me they would check for it later & to call back tomorrow (but I would be leaving town that afternoon). I was at a conference so I had a friend call back until they would agree to check in the room for it & hold it for me at the desk. I don't know why the first person had been so unhelpful. Positives: a heated pool (though we forgot our swimsuits), continental breakfast, coffee maker, alarm clock, fridge & wifi in the room. I got the room cheap so overall I was satisfied.
Other trip May 1, 2014
AngPange
"Worst Experience Ever!!!"
Room smelled of urine, when brought to managers attention was told that's why you paid the price you did. If I would have had my own corporate credit card I would have left immediately!
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Decent hotel near restaurants and downtown."
Took my 7 kids and they had fun in the pool. The one thing that the hotel advertised and didn't have was the arcade room which for little kids was upsetting. The hall way leading down to our rooms was dirty and smelled like dirty diapers but that probably could be from room renovating.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"Renovation weirdos"
Lobby was nice as was the pool... Rooms smelled of smoke, shower was really small, and it appears that many people live there. Didn't feel safe, would not stay there again-ever.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"Run down place"
There were people that live there. There was a guy working out in the hallway, doing pull-ups on a bar. It was trashy.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"Weekend trip"
Just in town shopping for the weekend and wanted a place to stay that was clean, good location and a reasonable price as we would only be there to sleep. The staff was friendly and our room was clean and large. Looks like they are working on fixing up the hotel. Pool area looked nice but we did not use it. Breakfast in the morning was a nice added thing. Some very noisey kids and parents in the hall late at night - but not the hotels fault that people act stupid. We did not complain to the desk so they would probably have handled it if we did. We would stay here again.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
Marlene
"You get what you pay for"
Hotel was ok... Hallways were super cold but they had the heat turned up in our room when we checked in so the room was nice and warm. Pool was lukewarm at best the pool room was freezing so getting out of the pool was awful. Had to wait in line forever to get service and in the am when we went to check out we waited 20-25 mins with nobody at the front desk so I just tossed the key cards on the desk and left. I called later to make sure they got the keys and checked me out. Rooms seemed clean and you coul tell that parts of the room had been remodeled. Beds were firm and seemed clean.
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2014
"Right next door to the New Years Eve party"
It was in alot better condition then it used to be. Room was clean and had been refurbished since Knight's Inn took over.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013
"nasty nasty nasty"
Worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Avoid at all costs. Heated indoor pool: not so heated. Breakfast was cold cereal and cold muffins. Law made smoking in rooms illegal in 2010, burns on both the comforters and 3 inch long burns on the carpet. Mold in showers. Wallpaper falling off. Water was either blasting cold or scolding.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Disappointed
"Needs a good scrubbing"
The service at reception was fine, but it was not enough to balance out the quality of the hotel. It seemed that each hallway had a different odor. The room itself smelled musty, and the linens smelled of body odor. There was no air flow whatsoever in the room. There were stains on the carpets and the walls, and the beds were extremely uncomfortable. I know that "you get what you paid for," but we spent the following night in a hotel that cost less and it was the lap of luxury in comparison to this hotel.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
The gentleman working the front desk upon check in was the friendliest person I have meet at a hotel in quit some time. The hotel was a nice and the pool was great. The room was clean but the beds had some stains on the box frames that was a little questionable. Overall it was a nice hotel for the price and I would stay again.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
"knights at the round table"
It was ok, room not very clean but staff was friendly. guests aren't always nice.
2 night trip Oct 22, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
Would not stay there again.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"was a very nice hotel will stay there again"
Hotel convenience to area attractions. Will stay there again when in the area. The hotel stay was very helpful. The breakfast area was nice and the food was good.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Valerie
"Smelly"
Smell in the room was gross - smell in the room was even grosser
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
"Terrible"
This hotel was terrible. Dirty, musty smelling, globs of hair stuck on shower tiles. complimentary breakfast was a joke. only reason we stayed was because room was non refundable.
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2013
The hotel was ok for the price but there were some things that weren't very appealing. The outside of the building & parking lot area seemed to appear run down. The hotel sign clearly stated the indoor pool would be heated but it was ice cold. One of the ice machines didn't work. The pop machine stole my money. The wallpaper in our bathroom was ripped. The beds were extremely hard & uncomfortable. Really the only good things I can say for this hotel was that it was cheap & we weren't disturbed by a lot of noise during the night. To be honest we won't be staying at this hotel ever again.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013