All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
3221 Plainfield Ave NEGrand RapidsMI49525United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Ordinary pool
Room was dirty.
1 night family trip Feb 25, 2016
Stacie
"Uncomfortable bed"
The bed was extremely uncomfortable. So bad that I switched beds and the other one was equally bad. They need new matresses. I woke multiple times in the night and that wasn't like me. Usually I can sleep anywhere, but not this time. My back was so sore the next morning and I had a marathon to run (26.2 miles of running)with a sore back is not fun. I felt the room was dirty in the bathroom.
1 night trip Feb 5, 2016
michelle
"Noisey no good hotel."
It was bad. I had to call multiple times to the front desk between the times of 10:00 pm and 2:00 am to ask them to do something about the people running down the hall on the floor above us. Nothing was done about it. Doors slammed throughout the night. It was extremely hard to sleep because of the noise.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2016
adrian
"Desperate need of repair"
The hotel is very run down and in desperate need of repair. I had 15 teens who were afraid to sleep there.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2016
Chad
Room was ok. Glitter on the floors don't think it was vacuumed.
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2016
Kimberly
Worse continental breakfast ever, had to switch rooms because the shower handle fell off... Smelled like a nursing home, first room smelled like something died and the second room smelled like a smoking room
Other trip Jan 12, 2016
"Beware of Knights Inn"
I was not happy the first night I got there.I didn't notice it when I got there,but when I tried to go to bed the toilet was running off and on all night.I told the front desk the next morning and they put me in a different room that the toilet didn't run.The bed wasn't that comfortable and the cover smelled.The small fridges in the rooms need to be defrosted but the front desk said it was too much of a problem to do anything about.There were some good things about the place but overall I didn't care for it and would not recommend staying there.I'm not sure what's better in the area for the $60 a night there.Stay at your own risk.
4 night business trip Dec 20, 2015
kevin
"Ramen noodles in the coffeemaker"
We knew this wasn't going to be a 4 star hotel. You get what you pay for. But as I was checking in a man came in looking for a bed for the night. She quoted him 50 % more, than I paid thru Expedia. The price was ridiculous when you seen how filthy the carpet in the whole place was. Let alone how warn everything was. Our room was decent. Clean bedding and comfortable. But the next morning my husband opened up the coffee maker and found dried noodles and shrimp in the water resevor. The light switches were also dirty. When my husband told the manager about these things the man never made an apology, just went back to work.. Breakfast was bagel and stale cereal. The place needs new Management and a lot of money put into it.
Other trip Nov 23, 2015
"It wasnt too bad"
It actually wasn't that bad. You have to remember that it's $60 a night, so in essence, you get what you pay for. But some of the other reviews were really bad. This hotel was fine for the price, the rooms were clean. Now the hallway carpet was pretty dirty and the extended stay section was...pretty scary and not well kept, but honestly those are my only complaints
2 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Akiesha
Terrible, I felt unsafe, hallways were filthy And littered with pizza crusts. The breakfast was miserble ( sunny d which was considered oj was super gross, bagels were stale, coffee tasted like burnt coffee grinds. I asked for a new pot I got a dirty look and the miserable situation was taken away promptly at 10. He practically took the bagel out of some woman's hand as she was beginning to put it in the toaster 10:01. Overall a complete catastrophe.
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
viv
The receptionist are very rud very impolite and unprofessional they treat people like nothing.
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2015
abrehet
"Aweful"
It took 40 minutes to check in, the mattress was so old we sank into it, it is old& out dated, it smelt in the hallways, their breakfast was waffles & bagels, a pitcher of something like OJ and milk. It was one of the worst hotels I've ever been in. I've stayed at $35 a night hotels tha Norte much better at least more for my $$
1 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
connie
"don't take the kids here"
room was clean but old and tired, hallways were disgusting.
1 night family trip Aug 25, 2015
I would have liked to have gotten in to a room earlier in the day. It was adequate for my needs; did n't need any frills.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2015
You got what you paid for it.
4 night business trip Aug 19, 2015
TELAH
"Overall hotel was inferior"
Everything in the room always felt wet. If you walked on the carpet barefoot, the carpet would squish from the moisture. The sheets and pillows always felt wet. The room smelled terrible. I used air freshener but it didn't help. The elevator did not work one morning. I was with my 91 year old mother with a twisted knee and she had to take the stairs. There were two cars in the parking lot with 4 flat tires. Everyday when I returned to my room, I would have to go have the cards reset. When I went to check out, they did not even show me as being registered. It took me almost 30 minutes just to check out. He would not put my stay on my Wyndham card. I could go on but I am too tired because I didn't get much sleep during my 5 day stay.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
DJ
We spent the night at the hotel. The parking is ample, especially for us as we had a trailer. The front desk was polite and the room condition was very good. I would recommend this place to all for the price they charge.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Baljeet
"A little disappointed"
It was ok the rooms were clean but the hallways were dirty kids went swimming for about 10 minutes until they were kicked out for jumping in the pool couldn't understand that one the hotel staff made my ball team kids feel like they were being watched the whole time they were there
1 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2015
Deborah
"Price is right!"
I wanted an inexpensive place to stay for 2 nights while seeing the sights in Grand Rapids. This is a modest establishment, yes, but it had everything I needed. A bonus: I needed to have my car (loaned to me by my sister and brother-in-law) alignment looked at, and Belle Tires is right next door! Also needed to get an inexpensive car wash, and there was one next to the tire place. Wow, convenient! A pleasant experience overall.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2015
Charlotte
"Clean but not fancy"
The room was clean. The staff was friendly. The continental breakfast was very sparse. I could not find a cup of tea or tea bag any where in the hotel. For the price, I would stay there again knowing I needed to find a restaurant.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Leatrice
"Come again"
Very adequaate quiet place to stay Good value for the price Would uae again
1 night trip Aug 7, 2015
Betsy
"Okay for the price"
Decent hotel for $50 dollars. Could be cleaner but worked to crash for the night.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Allright place to stay in a decent neighborhood."
Pool was very nice, room was clean and bedding. Some areas could use a little updating, otherwise it was a decent place to stay
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Cassie
"Get what you pay for"
The night staff said I could get a discount, AAA, and the manager in the am would take care of it. The am manager said I cannot because I booked the room on line and they get a commission, so I cannot get the discount. The room was filthy, bottle caps on floor, NASTY carpet, splatters on walls, heat and a/c unit turned on smelled like an ash tray....and I had to sign not to smoke in the room....Good thing I had my Young Living Essential Oils and diffuser, we made the room smell good! Room was for 4, only had 2 towels and 1 coffee pack. Great location for travel, cheapest around, expected a bit of ick. Had fridge and microwave, clean sheets (I hope) and a toilet and shower...so got what we paid for I suppose. Not luxury by any means, but for a cheap place to flop, just bring some slippers or something for walking around the room, for the kids too. Denny's restaurant right next door was convenient!
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Ok Hotel, Good Price"
This hotel was convenient and inexpensive. It is a value property.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Chas
"Disgust"
We did not even stay at this hotel it was so nasty. Stinky and dirty. Hotel staff was rude and unorganized. No management present. I pray that no one will stay here!!!
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Tracie
"You get what you pay for"
Only stayed because all we were doing was sleeping. Basically at hotel 11pm till 8am. Carpet stained, really didn't want to walk around with bare feet. Reservation was messed up booked for three nights, had us listed for two, then they checked actual reservation placed. Fixing not easy as they were full one of the nights, but did manage.Continental breakfast was a joke, one cerral choice, plain bagel, wafle not to bad. Milk and Tang if there was any left. A/C worked but someone had broken out the front grill. On the plus side, pool used once it was nice, quite sleeping, bed comfortable when the sheets stayed in place. You get what you pay for... Fitness room barely, not worth mentioning or using
3 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Ned
"Fine for What It Is"
I was in town for a conference downtown. Hotel is right on the bus route, and takes about 20 minutes with no transfers. My room was clean, but smelly. Staff was great. Neighborhood is mostly shopping centers, lots of fast-food restaurants nearby.
1 night business trip Jul 10, 2015
mark
"never again"
called hotel after I booked on here to confirm room because my mother is handicapped. Was assured everything would be ok. Get there we are on third floor of hotel. Last night of our stay elevator went out and my handicap mother had to make it up two flights of stairs and back down again the next morning. Lampshade in room was stained. Found left trash under chair and edge of bed. Only one trash can in room. Microwave, fridge, and tv could not all be plugged in at one time and work. Outlets did not work. Breakfast didn't even have enough food and juice to serve my five people. Only thing nice was linens were clean and smelled good..
4 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Julie N
Very outdated. The bathroom was clean and the linens were clean. The carpeting was nasty.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Cheap price"
It was a good place for a cheap price on a overnight stay.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2015
Kenneth
"You get what you pay for"
The rooms were mostly outdated, beds and pillows uncomfortable, there was hair folded in our towels, the bathrooms were dingy and we opted to not shower in fear of feeling dirtier. We were enticed by free breakfast (which was fruit loops and toast), an indoor pool (which was decent), and the cheap rate. We will definitely try somewhere else next time.
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
"Nice stay!"
Perfect price. Excellent pool! Nice big rooms!
4 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Bettina
"Starting to get a make over."
The beds and pillows were very nice. I had terrific sleep. Things I noticed were how clean our room and the meeting areas were. Well maintained. I also noticed that this property had seen much better days in the past. Carpet was old and thin and cement steps were in rough shape. With that said, I saw where repairs have been made and how things might be turning around for a once beautiful hotel. I would like to tell the owners to keep up the good work. Hopefully, we will return in a few years and see a dramatic change for the better.
3 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
"Nice hotel close to downtown Grand Rapids."
Nice place to stay.. It was clean. Hotel staff was very helpful.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Carmen
"good location"
The hotel is under remodeling. The elevator does not work after 11pm. The continential breakfast could have been much improved. They had bagels, one kind of cold cereal, make your own waffles, frozen cream cheese, not real orange juice. No hot water or cocoa mix or tea bags. No hair dryer. No refrigerator, no microwave in room.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"good location"
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Place to sleep/shower cheap only."
I'd do it again, but would leave the wife & daughter home. Did not appear to have the highest of class guests.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Jonathan
"Poor Accessability and communication"
Requested a wheelchair room, no one contacted us to let me know they do not have them and also the public areas such as pool had only stairs to access.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
sue
"NOT ACCESSABLE"
Requested a wheelchair room, was not called or notified they did not have them. Unable to access pool or other areas because only stairs. Old and run down. They finally canceled the reservation because of not being able to get around there building.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
sue
Hotel for pet, smell pet a lot. .
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
MFL
"bad stay"
A/C did not work, holes in the walls, sheets strained
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"smells"
Must/moldy smell and fresh tobacco smoke in coridor
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Very nice but"
I enjoyed thiss hotel evan the location was great but the layout I did not care for we had to walk to far to actually get to the room which can be difficult for two older ladies.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Claudia
"Cheap is its' only virtue."
You're happy to be leaving. The good things about this motel were that the bed was comfortable and the toilet flushed.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Terrible"
The customer service was terrible. The hotel was falling apart. We had cracks in the ceiling of our room. He had 4 people staying in the room and were only given 2 towels. The bathroom was tiny, it barely had enough room to sit on the toilet. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I know, and will NEVER stay there again!
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Terrible Hotel"
A toss up between staying at this Knights Inn and sleeping in your car at a rest area along the Interstate Hwy. The smell of mold and mildew will take your breath away. The dumpster out front had garbage stacked 4 feet above the top and in front of the dumpster. Carpets entering the facility are absolutely filthy. So little light in the hallways, you feel like your in the entrance in a cave.
Other trip May 8, 2015
"This hotel needs to hire a maintenance worker."
The hotel is located right off the freeway, and inexpensive. Unfortunately, this does not make up for the disrepair of the hotel. First off, I tried to plug in my phone charger. The only plug available is supporting the headboard of the bed. The door to the bathroom will not close unless the toilet seat is up. When I tried to take a shower in the morning the plunger to turn on the shower was only the thread of a screw that worked horribly. These are all things that would easily not be a problem with routine maintenance.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Del
"nice trip"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was in a prime location near the freeway and restaurants.
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
tiffany
"You can stay there, but you don't want to"
Comforter had cigarette burns in it (non-smoking room). A cloth diaper sat in the stairwell the whole weekend we were there. There was one tiny trash can in the bathroom. The "fitness room" had 4 items of equipment. One of them was a step, and only two of the other machines worked. We had some very nice staff at the counter when we checked in/out, but other staff we encountered were less friendly. Although it was not the nicest hotel, it was cheap enough that we didn't expect it to be. It's a decent place to stay, but not if you're looking for a higher-quality experience.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014