All hotels in Rome, Italy

Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
    Bad internet service
"Great place to stay!"
Great hotel, great breakfast, great decor, great staff, OK location.
4 night family trip Feb 15, 2016
Usman
"Good stay"
Beautiful hotel throughout, decorated in detail. Close to subway about 5 blocks. Very quiet. Wi fi - fast in room, don't need to login but did have a weird problem where phone connected in room on 5th floor but computer couldn't. PC did work on rest of connections in hotel. Breakfast included it's not great by American standards but I consider it a bonus. Room key is an actual old school metal key on a big weight which is weird. I was able to take it off so I could carry in my pocket.
7 night trip Feb 13, 2016
Loren
Toilet broke and they did not offer a different room and would not be able to fix it until the next day ..........................
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
business travel
"Beautiful Hotel"
I never give 5 stars if our room has only one trash can (in bathroom) and no facial tissues.
1 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Victoria
"its a good"
it
3 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Unique, boutique hotel. Not bad but needs some improvements. The in-room standing AC unit took a significant amount of time to cool the room. Using it also requires the window to be open so the traffic noise was a little much. Staff was very helpful.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Good service for the money. Convenient location but a little off the center.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
"Nice hotel, ok location, needs renovation"
Hotel lobby and first floor very well decorated, but floor 2-4 need renovation (stained carpets, broken or worn furniture). Warm breakfast was great. Staff very friendly and helpful. Bus stop few feet away. price very reasonable and area safe.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
nadia
"Great experience..."
We stayed three nights at this hotel to end a two week vacation traveling around Italy. We loved it! Very clean, very comfortable, polite and helpful staff, great breakfast buffet every morning. The only negatives were that our fridge didn't work but they immediately offered a different room and it was pretty noisy from street noise well into the wee hours of the morning but we would absolutely stay in this hotel again and would definitely recommend to our friends!
debbie
"Good Hotel"
This was my second time to stay at this hotel. The first time was better because we had a family room and a double superior room with a street view. But this time when i was booking i overlooked that it was an economy room. It was nicely decorated and very clean. But it was very compact yet good to stay in for its value. You take bus 90 from the termini and it drops you of at porta pia right in front of the hotel on the other side of the street. Also on the same street of the hotel there is a bus stop right in from of the hotel door. Take bus 62, it takes you everywhere, to all the major attractions of Rome. Very convenient. The breakfast is a basic kind of breakfast. . Bread, croissant, coffee, tea, juice, eggs, cheese, and canned fruits. Stay at this hotel it is good.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Not 4 star, but pretty convenient location"
Make sure you read all the reviews before you decide if you want to stay here. Rooms are tiny, but it worked for my friend and me. Showers are super tiny even for me, but it's private so that's a plus. Wifi is terrible. It may be free but the coverage is horrible. Even in the wifi room they have. You might as well just hang out by the front desk, because that's really the only place it works. Free breakfast was pretty decent. Pastries, scrambled eggs, yogurt, coffee. When you leave the hotel, you need to leave your key with the front desk, just an fyi. There's tourist tax in Italy. For hotels they charge you based on the rating of the hotel. I would not call this a 4-star hotel, but they charge you like it is. The location was pretty convenient. It is located a 10 min walk from a metro station and about a 15-20 minute walk from Termini. There are some yummy restaurants very close by.
4 night trip Jun 19, 2014
"Old-fashioned Hotel near Termini"
This hotel is Old-fashioned Hotel near Termini. breakfast is normal and if you are come Asia or US you feel Unsatisfaction.
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Nice hotel, very helpful staff"
Nice hotel, very Roman style interior, small room but very comfortable and good facilities, free breakfast but terrible food, great location nearby bus stop. Very helpful staff, took care our luggage, showed us which bus to go around the city. Overall very nice hotel
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
Ed
"Nice and Artistic Hotel"
It was very fantastic space and comfortable environment
4 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Nice place and easy bus connections to all of Rome"
This was our second stay here ( 4 days pre cruise ) and we like this hotel a lot. Major express Bus stop is right outside the front door, and the bus service in Rome is excellent. All of the staff spoke English and were very friendly and helpful.( Including the bell hop and the restaurant Manager) Rome was as expected for late November, COLD and WET, but the hotel was warm and comfortable. Hotel is simply beautiful inside and the Buffet breakfast was pretty good and HOT (Not a continental breakfast) two elevators so NO steps to climb. There is a delightful little Bar/lounge on the roof which would be wonderful on warm summer evenings. Our room was in the front on the forth floor, overlooking the major street, but was still quiet at night. Rooms are small but that's normal for Europe, and enough room for our luggage (A LOT) Whole place was CLEAN!! Did not use WiFi, but hotels computer for internet was free and convenient. Free maps and very good advice on any place we wanted to go. Several good local restaurants within a block.
4 night trip Nov 20, 2013
Ray and Susan
"horrible hotel no service at all"
horrible hotel, Amaizing city,no wifi at all on my room , no costumer service, people not nice at the front desk, after i complined once about wifi , the never said hi to me for the rest my stay. they charged me city taxes only pay in cash they said, never never again in this hotel. i will be back to italy again NEVER TO TURNER HOTEL AGAIN. NEVER!
6 night business trip Oct 23, 2013
Jose L Perez
"Off the beaten path"
The hotel staff was attentive and helpful in telling us about the local sites and places to eat. The room was clean, if just a little small. The bathroom was standard for Europe. The bed was two twins pushed together. The roof top lounge was a little disappointing in its comfort. The elevator cannot go to all the floors; you have to take two different elevators for some of the floors, i.e., the 4th.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Great hotel not too far from the sights of Rome"
beautiful hotel! The room was small, but the bed comfortable. From the hotel we were able to walk to Colosseum, Trevi fountain, Spanish Steps, etc. Full breakfast and wifi too. Recommend!
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
steph
"old school italian, too old."
Very Nice staff.... very helpful, and positive That said, its an old hotel. with old plumbing, septic, rugs, blah blah. I paid for a big bed,(the hotel is already waay overpriced to be this OLD) but because i was one person they tried to put me in a single. Im 6'3, so after a big protest, they found another room. dark and old, two single were put together to become a king? ugh. but a bed i could sleep in. A shower that i was bigger than, made the whole room a mess. Just not for me.
2 night trip Oct 2, 2013
"Better than average in the area"
Better than average hotels in Termini area... It really doesn't say much. Termini is a very poor area. The closer you get to the station, the worse it gets. The attention at front desk is good. The room was clean. The bathroom was small, but functional. Would I came back? I am not sure. I will probable consider an hotel further away from the station, even if this implicates the need to take taxi when I need to carry the luggage. Any other time, public transportation is good anywhere in Rome.
4 night family trip Aug 27, 2013
"Better than average hotels in Termini area"
2 night family trip Aug 31, 2013
"Nice Hotel, very friendly staff"
Excellent location and very friendly staff. Comfortable rooms and good facilities
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
"turner hotel"
Staff over all wasn't very friendly, there was an old piece of cake in the fridge and hotel didn't have any ice!
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
fernando
"Close to city center"
Nice and comfortable hotel close to city center. Interesting furniture and indoor architecture, nice to stay ...
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
"Close to everything. Near metro, bus and good food"
I loved staying at Turner and my trip to Rome. I did all the city by foot. If you like to eat good pastas and good pizzas, go to te little restaurants near the fontana di trevi. Loved the pantheon and the coliseum.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
Pedro Miguel
"Awesome Hotel"
Business or Leisure in my opinion. I didn't get on my flight and I needed a convenient hotel to stay at for the night that was close to the main train station in Rome an that had wifi. I found Hotel Turner had a single room for 56$ and it fit my requirements so I booked it. I was expecting no-frills, just a basic hotel. I got lost getting there, because I was in a rush and hadn't looked up proper directions, so I walked into a hotel to ask for a map and directions. It was really fancy and I was so pleased that they were even willing to help me. Funny story - it ended up being hotel turner where I had my reservation. I was shocked that I got such a cheap room at such an awesome place. The staff was very helpful, breakfast included (didn't eat it, but it was available!) free wifi all over the hotel, they even had a lounge with an available desktop computer for use, on the roof they have a very charming patio with chairs and and inside bar. My room was perfect for what I needed. Small, but one person doesn't need much room. And if I wanted to spread out then, the down stairs lounge was available. Overall, I had a great stay there. it was a charming hotel, with a convenient location. not in the heart of things (which I don't particularly enjoy) but so close to the station with all the and buses and even right outside their place the 60 bus which goes to the other main bus area in the city.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2013
Great service, clean rooms, the biggest downside was that there were two twin mattresses pushed together to make out queen bed so we were falling through the crack the whole time. Location is great, close to the bus stop and not far from termini station.
4 night business trip May 29, 2013
"Great Hotel and very Friendly"
Great Hotel and very friendly Staff. Though we only spoke English they did a great job of helping us get going in the right direction and even got a cab for us when needed.
Other trip May 31, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"A1"
The service was fantastic I will definitely stay there again
Response by Turner Hotel Rome
1 night family trip Dec 14, 2015
Bolaji
"On the outskirts of the walled city"
Hotel Turner has a beautiful frontage and reception however the rooms are a little dated. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room . Air conditioning not the best. Staff were pleasant and helpful . a An average mid-range hotel .
Other trip Nov 30, 2015
jj
"Would recommend. Great staff, fantastic location"
The turner hotel is located north from the main train station in Rome. It is easy to get to by bus from the train station ($1.50 euro - buy your ticket from a tabacconist shop or ticket machine at the large bus stop). The trip itself should only take you about 10mins. The reception area is very fancy and new, and the hotel staff are very attentive. The room we stayed in was clean and well kept, although old. But this is typical when travelling anywhere in Europe. As an Aussie traveller, as a tip to avoid disappointment, always deduct a star from any European hotel, and that will give you a better comparison to our Australian hotels. It's only natural as Australia has more space and the buildings are typically newer than our European counterparts. The buffet breakfast had hot food, cold meats, cereal and breads/sweet breads. It was quite comprehensive. Any guest can also make their way to the top floor (via lift to level 6) where you can enjoy a wine in the hotels private courtyard/garden. This was a great hotel, especially for the price we paid! There are also a multitude of great restaurants nearby. Take the time to have a look, as they are the real deal, with great local food and not the tourist trap restaurants in the city centre (i'm looking at you Trevi Fountain)
Other trip Nov 25, 2015
isabelle
"Roma"
Fantastic clean hotel.bus stop outside means you can go anywhere. Staff where amazing. Very glad we stayed here
Response by Turner Hotel Rome
Thank your for your fantastic review.
3 night romance trip Nov 4, 2015
Tracy
"Good connections and good service"
Good hotel We reserved a family room with 2 boys and were given 2 double beds The boys shared a bed which was ok The hotel was quite central and going around the city was easy with google maps
3 night family trip Oct 25, 2015
Edward
"Won't give a 4 star to this hotel"
While the hotel was in a good location to get to the Rome attractions and was economical with friendly staff, i won't give a 4 star to this hotel. There wasn't any dustbin in the room, the upper shower head was broken, there wasn't any facial tissue, and the room was so tiny. More importantly I have found a centipede on the pillow. The view from the window was just so bad to a dirty wall so we kept the window closed all the time. The breakfast was far away from a 4 star class with a limited options with the same things everyday. They really need to renovate the rooms, the lift and the access path to the rooms as you need to change 2 lifts to get there.
2 night romance trip Oct 20, 2015
Saeed
"Good value for money"
-Great marbled and decorative foyer - gold damask lined bedroom walls -very friendly and helpful staff - could've been a slightly better breakfast selection but more than adequate for us. - bathroom slightly worn with age. - good location slightly off centre location but very close to a metro station. Overall very good value for money but still luxurious Italian style decor.
Other trip Sep 25, 2015
Natalie
"Pretty good hotel"
Cheap hotel near the centre of Rome. It's walking distance to the train station and has some nice bars and restaurants nearby. For the price, it really is a good deal.
3 night trip Aug 22, 2015
you can see 30 years ago was a 5* hotel but needs investment
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Comfortable with excellent staff"
This hotel is conveniently positioned not too far away from the main tourist attractions. Four to five bus stops away from the Colosseum / Capitol building and 2/3 stops away from the Termini station. There is a bus stop just outside the hotel and the staff will advise you on what buses to take, they are very helpful. We stayed at this hotel for four days and we found it good. However, some of the rooms could do with an upgrade. We were given another room with a minimum of fuss after we complained about the first one in which the AC wasn't efficient. Our room was clean and of good size. Considering that we don't have cooked breakfast, we found it to be more than adequate. Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes.
4 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Mussa
"Beautiful lobby, could have been better."
Beautiful old world ornate lobby. No help with luggage and no one showed us to the room, nor explained anything. No coffee/tea pot or cups in the room. No ice maker in the hotel. Breakfast is offered, but be aware No restaurant, no parking, no workout facilities. Sign in elevator advertised roof top bar til midnite. We went there at 11 pm, found no view, not air conditioned (still hot from the day) and appeared to be no obvious bar (no liquor bottles displayed) A man was hanging around, but never spoke to us, so we never knew if he worked there. Very small room, bed was average in comfort, toilet was too close to wall (we are average size). After we checked out, noticed a really great graphical map of Rome had been available on the back side of the reception desk. It would have helped alot if we had it at the beginning of our stay. Only ONE Key was provided for the 3 of us, AND Hotel staff insisted we lEAVE our Room Key with the Front desk when we would leave. VERY ODD. I travel a lot, and the Issue about the Room Key was a first for me. We asked the receptionist for any tips on getting the room air conditoner to work. She said she didn't know and there was no one to all. Air conditoner cooling capacity was marginal and it finally got cooled off by the morning. Several little things would have improved it.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"On the outskirts of the walled city"
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
jj
"visit to rome"
great thank you lovely breakfast
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
JEFFREY
"Nomantana porta pia Turner hotel"
My girlfriend and I stayed here for a week at the end of may this year and found it to be very comfortable with extremely helpfull and friendly staff, the location had excelant access to the buses as it on on the main road, the trams are only a few minutes walk away and the metro is only ten minutes walk. The breakfast was varied and would often stay open past the 10am finishing time, there was a lovely little bar on the 6th floor with an in-closed roof top terrace which didn't offer any great views but was no less nice to relax in, plus it was a great little sun trap in the morning. All in all we loved our stay there and would happily book again. The surrounding area looked a bit rough and ready at first but after exploring and getting to know the area little we found it to be quite friendly with some great little restaurants.
5 night romance trip May 25, 2015
Shaun
"could have been better"
Not as described or expected, room was small and certainly not like the photo's or with all the facilities expected, the internal hotel bar was never open and the garden bar was only open at night, shower was not very clean or in a hygienic condition and we had to leave room keys each time we went out which lacked security for ourselves, won't be staying there again and not good value for money as there would have been better options available.
7 night romance trip May 14, 2015
"Absolutely Gem"
Great hotel, lovely staff, perfect location, clean and luxury rooms.Very close to all the sight seeings, super wifi connectivity. Very good restaurants around, pizza shops. I will recommend to my friends and family.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Minni
"Nice Hotel, in a very pleasant area."
A very good stay, staff were helpful and friendly. hotel is in a very nice area just 100 yds fro British Embassy and a very important gateway into the city (Garibaldis porta pia ...break through the wall) to give Rome its independence. a great place nearby makes vodka spaghetti and great T-bone stakes.
Weekenders
"Short break in Rome"
Enjoyed 3 nights at this hotel to enable us to see the sights. It's around a 15 minute walk from the terminii in a quieter part of the city. The hotel has lots of character with its painted ceiling, busts and pictures. Staff were helpful and friendly and offered advice on restaurants and bus routes. Room was small but ok for us and the availability of Sky sports on tv was great for the football (Champions league!). There was a bus stop outside the hotel if you didn't fancy walking which was just as well as the Vatican would have been around an hour's walk (15 minutes on the bus). Overall, a good place to stay.
Ian
"Just right."
Great hotel with fantastic service. Thank you. Although away from main centre. Easy bus ride from literally outside the building taking only 10 mins. Great price / value.
3 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
"Nice hotel 10 min walk from termini"
Nice hotel,close to all amenities would recommend close walk to the beautiful borghese gardens
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
wes
"20min walk from Rome centre, great value for money"
Considering you don't really spend any time in your hotel at all, this was pretty much perfect! Lovely powerful shower which made up for the beds being a little uncomfortable, but what beds are comfy in cheap and cheerful hotels?! It took us about 20mins to walk to the centre of Rome, which only got tiring towards the end of our 4 nights! I do remember seeing a metro station right outside the hotel though, if you'd rather get transport! The staff at the hotel were wonderful, we were waiting for a taxi to the airport at 3:30am and the gentleman at reception offered to make us breakfast! All in all, do not hesitate to book this hotel, it's not perfect but definitely not a problem...unless you consider yourself pretentious, then don't haha :)
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Nadia
"nice hotel"
staff very helpful,and friendly would use again, it would be nice maybe to add a kettle as after a day sightseeing you are shattered and being English lol ,a tea or coffee in your room would of gone down a treat.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014