All hotels in Santa Monica, California, United States of America
2001 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, CA, 90405, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Bayside Visit"
Room was charming. The only thing that we really did not like was the parking. There is not a guaranteed spot. We had to drive around for half an hour searching. We ended up parking at The Convention Center, quite a distance away. Takes away from the "leisure" part of trip.
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
Sandi
"Nice Hotel with a retro feel. Great location."
My husband and I booked this online, not really sure about the location. We were pleasantly surprised. We were within walking distance of the pier, restaurants and shopping. It was very quite and clean. Smaller hotel but very comfy. We liked all the windows that open letting in the fresh ocean air. We will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Jen
"Great Value and Location"
Bayside doesn't look like much from the outside (more like an old motel), but the rooms feel like a studio apartment with IKEA furniture everywhere. Free wifi, snacks and drinks available (for a charge) and easy access to the beach make this a great place to stay on a budget. The hotel is a few blocks from many great brunch spots as well. The one downside is the limited parking, but we found metered spots within 100 yards. I would stay there again if I happen to be in the Santa Monica area.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Rob S.
"Close to beach"
Parking on property....handicap parking used by none handicapped hotel staff!
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2014
J. Rice
"Cute hideaway"
The folks at Bayside were very accomodating. Room was smallish but attractive. A cute place, conveniently located with ocean view. Would happily go back!
2 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Perfect location for Santa Monica beach,"
Was good, but service and price/quality quite poor. Nice location
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"Absurdly close to the beach"
Really nice hotel. Very friendly people. Cool room just steps from the surf. Thanks!
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
Everyone Is really nice ANd the check in person let us check in early. Very nice
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"across the street from the beach"
awesome, needs a pet area
2 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2014
"Awesome"
Perfect location! 1 block from beach. Room was very clean. Wi-fi. They also have bikes to rent and ride on the paths at the beach. Would stay again. Office people were very helpful giving directions or eating options.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
"Good location, everything else is bad"
The hotel is in a good location. BUT, it's very noisy at night, very small rooms, bed is not comfortable.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Cute vintage beachside motel"
Nice beachside motel. Felt like something out of the 1950s - in a good way! My only complaints are that the matress was too firm and there was no counterspace in the bathroom. It is well maintained, staff was helpful, and the location was perfect. We were right across the street with a view of the beach, and it was an easy half-mile walk to Santa Monica Pier. Based on the research I did, you can't beat the location and service for the price - just don't expect it to be 4-star luxury. We would stay here again for sure.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Carly
"Perfect location and Comfy Beds"
This hotel is a no frills - type of hotel. It is a cute, clean, comfy space with great views of the ocean and a simple block away from the sand. The room was cute and comfortable - and clean. The bed was really nice - the sort you sink into when you lay down. The location is also within walking distance to 3rd Street Promenade and Main Street Santa Monica - two great places to shop, eat, get coffee. We did not hang out in the room - it is not that type of hotel. If you want a comfy place to sleep - be close to lots of things - including the Santa Monica Pier and boardwalk - this is the place. One item to consider is parking. The hotel has limited parking - which means if it is full - you will have to find a parking space. This is the beach - so parking can be a challenge.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
MMedeiros
"Perfect beach location."
This was my first trip to California and I wanted to be near the ocean. This was a great location at a reasonable price (compared to other Santa Monica hotels).
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Pat
"Staff friendly and helpful"
I was only in town for the night and it was nice I do think it was a little pricey but I guess it was just that time in the month
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Great location - walking distance to the Pier."
Had a great time. Easy access to LAX and the beach. Potential for a lot of noise but our night was peaceful.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
I would stay here again. Older room .. very cute. Partial ocean view. Good location. Nice staff.
1 night family trip May 30, 2014
"great ocean view"
we enjoyed it very much, it was the perfect spot , close to the ocean, and the santa monica pier, had a great time, next time we will get the ocean balcony, for the perfect sunset
1 night romance trip May 21, 2014
"Good location, close to Beach"
Kitchenette is useful Bed makers a lot of noice. Turning wakes up the rest of the guests!
Other trip May 23, 2014
boud
"Close to the Beach"
For one night, we received good value. The 50's motel is clean and neat. We had a comfortable bed. I enjoyed the old tile in the bathroom. It is steps from the Beach, a big plus. Parking is difficult. We would stay at the Bayside again.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
"Okay"
It's over priced compared to other hotels equally close to the beach. There is beer though and it's only 3.5 so that made up for it. Not really though
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Nice little Santa Monica beach motel"
Cute and quaint little motel on the beach in Santa Monica. Get the feel of old LA on the beach!
Other trip May 16, 2014
"this is a decently priced hotel close to the beach"
be warned check in time isn't until 4 p.m.. The staff was nice and the room was mostly clean. My wife made note of some sand still present on the floor but with it being right next to the beach one can't complain. The water was hot in the shower which was nice and the view from second floor was excellent. If you are to stay at this hotel request a second floor room Oceanside in advance. It cost a bit more or one of those rooms but its well worth the cost.I read another review hey user posted about being charged for the complementary soaps located in the bathroom.we chose not to use the soaps and photographs and videos the room upon entry and leaving the hotel as a safety. I am Not sure if they would charge for the soaps however I felt it was best not to use them.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Needs Renovated"
i would not stay here again unless they renovate
3 night trip Apr 27, 2014
Fund Manager
"Close to the breach but bad conditions"
I liked the hotel location; however room conditions were bad. For example we preferred no to use the air conditioned because it was very noisy and furniture was a little bit defective as well.
4 night romance trip Apr 25, 2014
"Worth checking out"
Hotel was as expected. Not much of a view or anything fancy, but certainly a place we would stay again. Room was clean and comfortable and had a small kitchenette. Great location: Accross the street from the beach and a short walk to the pier. Liquor store and mini-mart around the corner. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Parking for us was cheaper to just "feed" the meter on the street in front of the hotel rather than pay the flat rate to park in the back.
1 night trip Apr 22, 2014
LW
"Cozy clean and great location"
Room is smaller than some places but it's like a bedroom, cozy, really comfy bed. Loved that there was a mini bar, and the nice beach bag with two beach towels convinced me to walk down the the beach (literally across the street) for sunset. I wanted a balcony and the description said there was one, however it was really just a chair outside the door, but the ocean breeze was great anyway and that's what I wanted. Be advised no rooms have private balconies, but the rooms that face the ocean on the second floor cost a lot more than the ones that face the side, but regardless I really liked staying here, and FREE internet was great, and parking was $20/day which is fine with me, it would be that much anywhere in Santa Monica!
1 night trip Apr 20, 2014
"right across from the beach"
great location to stay. room was very clean but could use a paint job in the room. ability to rent bikes was a plus.
1 night trip Apr 23, 2014
Jackie
"Would come back"
Kinda more like a motel but really can't complain - staff was nice, room was clean, and perfect location in Santa Monica, right next to the beach
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
"Nice location"
The staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable. I was only staying for 1 night, but it was very close to the beach and the Santa Monica pier. I will return next time in Santa Monica.
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2014
Brad
Good experience for me and my boyfriend. Great hotel. Would go back
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"Cute, nice view"
We had the top corner room facing the ocean, it was very nice. I really liked that every room had a little outside table and chairs to enjoy the beautiful weather.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Close to beach"
I only stayed one day .beds was hard I could here other people in their rooms
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
"Great place - good price."
Everything was as advertised and a good bargain.
1 night trip with friends Mar 24, 2014
Andy
"good for a short stay"
Just stop by for a day, the hotel is in a good location and good for a quick stay. No for business traveller
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
"Good Location"
The problem we had with the stay was that the mattress was unbearably lumpy...definitely need to replace this mattress. And the pillows were way too thick. What has happen to normal pillows?
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2014
Real
"Located close to beach and other points of interes"
I would not recommend this hotel. Our room was very outdated with a busy road right behind the hotel. However the room was clean and the bed was comfortable.
6 night trip Mar 4, 2014
"Great service!"
Super cute hotel right across from the water. Definitely a little old, but nice beachy charm and a great price. Staff was awesome, very accommodating!
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Ashlee
"Short term trip"
Excellent crew disposition and kindness. Convinient location, specially for a short trip.
Other trip Mar 7, 2014
dj Rochester
"Good overnight stay"
Great price for hotel so close to the beach, close to the pier, close to many restaurants. Ate at Stella Rosa's pizzeria-delicious! Very clean and comfortable room. The room even had beach towels and a beach bag to use. Obvious not a luxurious hotel, but for the price and just to sleep-was just fine! Cute little courtyard in the center.
1 night trip Feb 23, 2014
"Run, don't walk, away from this hotel"
I've never paid so much to be so disappointed. I simply do not have the time to present the complete list of "wrong" here. Just trust me - spend your hard earned dollars elsewhere.
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2014
"Clean but noisy"
There are not many options for inexpensive hotels close to the beach, so this fit the bill. The proximity to the beach and Santa Monica pier was great but the back side rooms border a very busy, loud street. Our room was pretty small for 3 people but clean and fine for just sleeping there. Not a great place to hang out though. No elevator.
1 night trip Feb 19, 2014
Great location near the beach and within walking distance to the pier and the promenade. Everything was clean and the hotelstaff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and cozy! I would definitely go back!
2 night trip Feb 19, 2014
"Great location close to the beach!"
Great, small hotel, close to the beach. Clean and cozy room. Would stay again!
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
Susie
"Good for One night"
Stayed there for one night. If you need a room near the beach then this should be your 1st choice. Got all you need for a short stay 1-2 days max. Hotel staff were vey helpful and kind.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
Sarmad
"Great location but don't expect great facilities"
The location is fantastic and very central (5 minutes walk to the beach). But it appears that there are 3 tiers of rooms and the bottom tier is given to web based reservations. The hotel was not fully occupied and we had a fairly outdated room. Also as far as comfort of the room, don't set your expectations high.
1 night trip Feb 12, 2014
"Great Location, Clean and Comfy Rooms"
First off, the location is great. Walk twenty yards and you are in the sand, about an 8-10 minute walk to the pier. The price was great for the location and the room was very clean and the bed quite comfortable. Was not expecting much from the outside but was pleasantly surprised with the room. The staff was very friendly as well. Will be coming back.
1 night trip Feb 6, 2014
Jared
"not worth my money"
MISLEADING! WHAT U SEE IS NOT WHAT U GET... online pics are not what it looks like at all... rooms are very old... need a bit of a remodel... walls are paper thin! not a place for relaxation... way too expensive for nothing! NO MICROWAVE OR FRIDGE! staff couldn't care less about your stay... not welcoming nor helpful... I could go on but I rather not... on a positive note though (not that it makes it ok to pay so much but...) the beds were clean and comfy (im 5'1". I had to hop a tiny bit to get on them) only new yhing in there was the furniture. basic white furniture from ikea. anyway... stay at the travel lodge instead. wish I had. HAPPY TRAILS!
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
kitten
A great place to enjoy the ocean and relax. Peaceful, quaint, a lovely place to be! We'll be back!
2 night romance trip Jan 25, 2014
Kate
"Simple and very clean."
We enjoyed our stay. The room was great for our one night but, for us, it would not work for a long stay. It was too small to spread out in. It was near the pier and had a nice view of the beach. We liked the cute 50s feel and the cleanliness.
Other trip Jan 29, 2014