All hotels in Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada
1200 Main Street, Slave Lake, AB, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"good spot"
good hotel
1 night family trip Sep 23, 2014
"good for last minute stop over"
exactly what I needed at the last minute. good property and clean.
1 night family trip Sep 24, 2014

Room was stifling hot and fan did not work. Fridge was broken and we ended up ruining my baby's medicine that had to be refrigerated, but did not realize it until the next morning when med was luke warm.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
"Breakfast Makes It"
The room was a little rough around the edges as far as maintenance and appearance but it was clean and the buffet breakfast was fantastic.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"So far so good......"
There is no swimming pool. The 2nd floor is not easy to access. We unfortunately met the fire alarm in the midnight. There was drunk customer pulled the alarm in the midnight. Otherwise, our staying is not bad.
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Mu Chun
"Attendance - Slave Lake Wedding"
Desk staff were quite helpful - room was clean - cool (Summer) and comfortable. It was an enjoyable stay
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Wilbert N
"I had a great stay."
My room was very clean staff friendly and the food is great. The lounge serves very good daily specials.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Anna
"Customer visit"
Definitely showing its age, could use updating. Fine it your a field worker. Bed was comfortable enough and slept well. After taking a shower, found a cockroach walking around bathroom. Just isn't the cleanest of places but for one night it's good enough.
Other trip May 6, 2015
steve
"Not bad"
Bath towels are with previous hair s on it.ac was not working, bed top sheets were not changed
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
AHS
"I had a good stay comfortable room"
Stay was comfortable nice to stay where my training was held
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Anna
"cold but good"
easy. good. comfortable. resturant and liquor on hand. free breakfast. affordable. clean
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Convenient to highway"
Was clean and was fine for me for business. Just passing thru bed was large and comfortable.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Earl
"great Slave Lake hotel"
Everything was first rate, prompt service, buffet breakfast was exceptional
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"last minute stay great pick!"
enjoyable from the minute we walked in told us about bar specials and the included breakfast buffet location.
dee
"Roadtrip to Slave Lake!"
I was only there for one night but the room was VERY comfortable and clean. Not fancy but fit the bill. The free breakfast was AWESOME and the food in the resturaunt satisfying from a long day of driving.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Shelly
"Breakfast is included"
Staying here for the free breakfast alone is worth it. Great service, quiet, clean and comfortable.
3 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
Christine
"It was ok"
Decent breakfast included. Room was dated and had a cigarette burn in the comforter...in a non smoking room. Vlt bar had really nice staff. Ridge taphouse was a huge disappointment. Ran out of tap beer..lol..really. DJ was horrible. Drinks were overpriced for the lack of entertainment.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
I really enjoyed the conveniences of the hotel. Having a place to eat and play pool was very enjoyable.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
Kim Banniogan
"Must have Breakfast"
Rooms were great and breakfast was also great.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Perry
"another day in the north"
the hotel has not seen much changes in the past 20 years. time to upgrade for the money that is being charged
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Fred
"Clean rooms, good continental breakfast"
This hotel was affordable, on the cheaper end for the area. The room was very clean with comfortable beds and minimal noise. The only downside to the building was having to walk through a smelly smoking-friendly hallway to get to my own non-smoking hallway. The continental breakfast was large and the servers were very friendly. I found the front desk staff to be slightly rude and a little unprofessional. Overall a good experience and I will be staying here again.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"title?"
Great hotel once you know it is built in a circle. It took me a half hour to find my room. My room was on second floor. You would assume same room numbers would be on top of each other. Not here. I should have asked better directions, who knew? I was told "go left and then go up to second floor". The stairs were at the far end of hallway, past the second set of doors, and to the left, no signs, THANKS. Other than that it was excellent, clean room and FANTASTIC food!
Other trip May 17, 2014
The stay was enjoyable, the hotel was a little older than some others in the town but well maintained and clean with good staff.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
"One nite"
4 tries to get a room key to work. Floor was dirty. Cigarette smoke permeats. Better places in town
Other trip May 5, 2014
"More of an oilfield hotel"
I was very disappointed. Our rooms looked nothing like the pictures advertised. Everything was very outdated and our initial room smelled like a dirty ash tray and pot even thought it was non smoking. We asked to get moved, we did, and it still smelt gross- old and musty. It's a place to crash if your working or partying, but I wouldn't stay there again. It's not worth saving the $20 a night or whatever it is. It's connected to a pumpkin pub if that interests you.
2 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
Jessie
"Good hotel in Slave Lake"
Good hotel with an excellent hot breakfast. The front desk staff was great upon check-in in the evening, although rather indifferent upon check-out in the morning. The front entrance was closed due to construction when I was there, so I entered through the back. However, this wasn't clearly indicated on the evening I was there. Overall a good hotel. Rooms were clean and comfortable.
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2014
"Nice Hotel inSlave Lake"
I arrived around 10 PM. The Staff at the front desk were prompt and very courteous.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"Great comfort, for a great price."
I was just in town for business and I found this little gem. Breakfast and dinner buffets are really good too.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Jonah
"Accomodating Staff"
Nice to deal with and very friendly. Upgraded room was nice at a reasonable cost.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"Very good hotel for the cost."
Stayed one night. Good place to stay and good complimentary breakfast.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
Ron
"Nothing special"
the front desk seemed to give no effort into any process of booking, changing or checking out of rooms. Asked to pay the night before so I didnt have to get up early to deal with it before I left but was told just to do it in the morning to make things easier for them. the rooms were loud and the bathroom pipes had HORRIBLE water hammer. very old and not well kept. they may show updated pictures but I didnt not get an updated room. this is an old hotel and they put on a show but when you try to book with a deal they send you right to the grimy rooms. not impressed. they shouldnt be charging anywhere near what they are. use another hotel if possible or make sure you get an updated room.
5 night trip Feb 26, 2014
The room I stayed in was outdated but it was clean and the hotel staff was good to deal with. There was a complimentary breakfast buffet, which was excellent
1 night business trip Jan 14, 2014
Was not happy with the price. I was quoted 116 but when I checked out I got charged 130. I was not given the right information otherwise I would have stayed somewhere else.
2 night business trip Oct 28, 2013
"great stay will stay again"
hotel was great clean..room was comfortable..staff was very nice..breakfast was more then we expected..will come again
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
St Albert
"Not a nice hotel!"
Hotel doesn't have a jacuzzi and steam room as advertised. Staff were not very helpful (except the front desk guy with the pony tail). Asked for a non smoking room and got the stinkiest smoking room ever. Would never stay here again!
1 night trip May 11, 2013
Definitely requires some renovationa nd updating, but very quiet!
1 night business trip Apr 18, 2013

NL

TripAdvisor reviews for Slave Lake Inn and Conference Centre

"There are nicer places"
09/01/15 71gonzo71 Edmonton, Canada
I have been here for work. As such this place does the job. It's a hotel for workers. I would not invite my wife to stay here or think of staying here for an extended stay. The rom was clean but felt small and gave like. I had dinner ant the Buffett and it was no good. The food was over cooked. Breakfast was not much better but is was included and therefore was a lot better then what most hotels serve as hot breakfast. Wifi was poor.
"Excellent accomadations"
08/18/15 Chuck B
I have stayed here several times for work and it is always the best place in town for sure. The buffet is hit or miss except for breakfast which is awesome. The rooms are adequate but the staff is very frendly.
"Another great stay"
08/18/15 Andrea C
Always enjoy staying at this hotel. The executive king suites are newly renovated and have really comfortable beds. The toiletries are made in Canada by a local aboriginal company which I love. All hotels should be supporting local businesses. The free breakfast buffet is one of the best I've had and the staff is wonderful. We stay at this hotel every few months and have no complaints!
"Good Breakfast"
08/04/15 S_O_Drinnan Calgary, Canada
Stopped here overnight on the way to a family wedding. The room was clean and basic. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The highlight was the breakfast in the morning; reminded me of places we stayed at in England.
"Ask for a Renovated room!"
07/21/15 kartrite Edmonton, Alberta
Basics about my trip - Overnight, with husband and with a small dog. Booked over the phone. Room 320 then 451 Check In - staff were courteous, friendly and overall amazing! Told us where to park so we were closest to our room. Room - first room -disgusting. Yes, this was a pet friendly room. I get that. However, I have never felt such disgusting, old, dirty carpet ever. We wore our shoes the entire time. Bathroom was dirty from the previous occupants, air conditioner didn't work, it was overall just terrible. It truly felt like a room that we had paid $30 for instead of $100. We left for supper and a visit with friends and when we got back, I called the front desk and asked to switch rooms. They were very accommodating and moved us to a renovated King size room. 100% better! A completely different experience if we would have had this room the first time. So my suggestion is - request a renovated room when you book or when you arrive. Don't take a chance with the old rooms. TIPS: Evening - relatively safe however, it's a young guy oil town so a ton of weed. Don't be shocked if you're high while you're walking outside. (Kidding! There is a lot of pot, but take it in stride of where you're staying).
"blues puppy (guitarist of "Stephanie Harps Experience")"
12/17/14 Sean R Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
The staff and owners treated us like family and the service was very professional and top notch . very visually appealing staff and the food wow!! The food was gourmet and soon delicious and if ur a fan of meat just like I am well your mouth will thrive in juices of their succulent meat
"its ok.... you have to keep in mind the other hotels in area"
11/15/14 Danboudreau
I switched from travelodge to here for part of the summer, we had to leave this hotel due to the festival slave lake has every summer, things got a little loud for me. That being said it isn't the hotel's fault and cities should be able to enjoy summer festivals. Other than moving due to noise, the hotel staff was very friendly, the morning breakfast staff also were quite polite and always happy to see you in the morning. As far as quality/amenities etc.. its well priced given the hotels in the area and its far from the worst hotel in slave. They are short staffed but the staff they do have is pretty good at their job.
"Friendly Staff"
09/16/14 Paul B Courtenay, Canada
I will begin by saying that I've stayed at this hotel during the last 6 summers. The last two summers has been under new ownership. I stay at the hotel for a period of 4 months between May and September. The new owners took over this hotel after it had been neglected for many years. It was formally know as the Sawridge Inn. But they have been working hard to upgrade the facilities. Boilers and ducting as well as some exterior work has been completed. The furniture in the restaurant, The Landing, is now new and they have just finished painting. Also, The Ridge Tap House also underwent renovations. At the moment, their WiFi and TV offerings are both in need of upgrades and I was told that this will happen shortly. The rooms are clean, especially in the newer renovated part of the hotel. The staff are very helpful. The food at The Landing, Fairways and The Tap House is great. The morning breakfast buffet has one of the biggest selection of food and is free when you stay at the hotel. The noon buffet at the Landing also has a large selection and again, the food is excellent. A great deal as well.
09/02/14 Belt Drive Bett... C Grande Prairie, Canada
I spent time at the Slave Lake Inn for the Wounded Warriors Weekend. Although the hotel and its night clubs were understaffed, the staff did their best to ensure everyone was taken care of. They were pleasant and friendly! The hotel itself has been remodelled and the rooms were clean and up to date. Like every small business, the lack of staff makes for a stressful time for both customer service persons and the traveller, but the staff here were honest about their predicament, and worked as hard as they could to aide everyone. The hotel is centrally located and close to pretty much everything a person could need access to!
"I stay here often, and never disappointed."
08/12/14 Patrick W Sylvan Lake, Canada
I travel to Slave Lake often and I choose this hotel first every time. The location is very central, and close to other immenities. The staff is welcoming and very courteous and friendly. My room is always clean and the "sturdy" walls help to muffle just about any sound in hallways or adjacent rooms. The free breakfast each morning is the best you will find without a doubt. The restaurant also offer a nightly supper buffet which is ALWAYS delicious. The vegetables are never over cooked- crunchy and fresh, and there is always a very good selection of items from tender and juicy roast beef, to chicken or fish dishes and even things like cabbage rolls or ribs. I eat here every night when I am in town. Through the summer months however, the restaurant does not offer the dinner buffet due to lower demand, however, the menu also has many delicious selections, and daily specials. A great place to stay at a very budget friendly rate.