All hotels in Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada

• Value for money
    Comfortable
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"10/10 would breakfast all day"
Hotel is a bit dated, but its still nice. The breakfast is why I have stayed here repeatedly. Breakfast buffet; w/ REAL EGGS!! and a bunch of other great items. An included breakfast you wouldn't expect.
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2015
Mitchell
"We were expecting more!"
We were surprised there was no elevator. We are in our mid 70s, but fairly fit, otherwise we would have had trouble getting our luggage to our second floor room. Also, my wife tripped on some debris in the parking lot and fell down. Fortunately nothing was broken, but she scraped her knee quite badly. Staff seemed rather unconcerned about the incident, although they did get some bandages after I asked for them.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2015
"good spot"
good hotel
1 night family trip Sep 23, 2014
"good for last minute stop over"
exactly what I needed at the last minute. good property and clean.
1 night family trip Sep 24, 2014

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Unreal customer service!"
We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. If your looking to go out for some drinks, definitely the place to stay, it has a nice pub attached. We didn't utilize it this time but my boyfriend got extremely sick, and made a mess. The hotel staff came and cleaned it up at 10pm- unreal customer service! We tipped the gentlemen who came to do it, as I was shocked that they even sent someone. Great service! Nice little fitness room, and very central location. Great place!
2 night family trip Mar 25, 2016
"Stopped in for a snooze"
Great room nice beds. Good deal.
1 night business trip Mar 27, 2016
"Nice place, but a little bit dated"
Only a few days. First time to the hotel and I was completely satisfied. Little noisy one night, but I heard that the loud party was evicted.
3 night business trip Mar 1, 2016
Brad
"Good Stay"
Overall the stay was good. Room was ok other than it was very warm and turning down the heat didn't seem to help
2 night family trip Feb 12, 2016
Philip
Stayed here for our ice fishing trip. Upon checking in we received 2 %20 coupons for the hotels restaurants/bars and 2 breakfast buffet tickets. We went to the Ridge Tap House which was fun and had good food. Super long walk to our room which was annoying (no elevator, only 2 floors), still a great hotel to stay at, was blown away by the value. Breakfast was very nice. Definitely staying here again!
1 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2016
Craig
Rooms are old and not really clean, carpet terrible big long black hair in tub ... yuck.... no exhast fan in bathroom and omg what a weird showerhead... hard to use the best part of the stay as the food in the dining room excellent!!
Other trip Oct 10, 2015
Older hotel, but clean. Many rooms have been updated. The water pipes clinked and clanked all night long, which was annoying. Staff were friendly and responded quickly to concerns. My TV wouldn't turn on and the maintenance person was there in a few minutes to fix it.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
"Friendly front desk personel"
wonderful
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Wilfredo
Room was stifling hot and fan did not work. Fridge was broken and we ended up ruining my baby's medicine that had to be refrigerated, but did not realize it until the next morning when med was luke warm.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
"Big and clean room. Nice breakfast."
It is spacious with fridge. Nice breakfast. I would like to try their fishing package next time.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Breakfast Makes It"
The room was a little rough around the edges as far as maintenance and appearance but it was clean and the buffet breakfast was fantastic.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"So far so good......"
There is no swimming pool. The 2nd floor is not easy to access. We unfortunately met the fire alarm in the midnight. There was drunk customer pulled the alarm in the midnight. Otherwise, our staying is not bad.
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Mu Chun
"Attendance - Slave Lake Wedding"
Desk staff were quite helpful - room was clean - cool (Summer) and comfortable. It was an enjoyable stay
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Wilbert N
"Definitely not 3 stars"
Hotel pictures are photo shopped to the max ancient hotel a little noisy, on the positive rooms are clean and bed is very comfortable
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"The Slave Lake Inn"
The stay was fine, hotel was fairly clean but staff weren't super friendly.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
bre
"I had a great stay."
My room was very clean staff friendly and the food is great. The lounge serves very good daily specials.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Anna
"Customer visit"
Definitely showing its age, could use updating. Fine it your a field worker. Bed was comfortable enough and slept well. After taking a shower, found a cockroach walking around bathroom. Just isn't the cleanest of places but for one night it's good enough.
Other trip May 6, 2015
steve
"Not bad"
Bath towels are with previous hair s on it.ac was not working, bed top sheets were not changed
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
AHS
"I had a good stay comfortable room"
Stay was comfortable nice to stay where my training was held
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Anna
"cold but good"
easy. good. comfortable. resturant and liquor on hand. free breakfast. affordable. clean
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Convenient to highway"
Was clean and was fine for me for business. Just passing thru bed was large and comfortable.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Earl
"great Slave Lake hotel"
Everything was first rate, prompt service, buffet breakfast was exceptional
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"last minute stay great pick!"
enjoyable from the minute we walked in told us about bar specials and the included breakfast buffet location.
dee
"Roadtrip to Slave Lake!"
I was only there for one night but the room was VERY comfortable and clean. Not fancy but fit the bill. The free breakfast was AWESOME and the food in the resturaunt satisfying from a long day of driving.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Shelly
"Breakfast is included"
Staying here for the free breakfast alone is worth it. Great service, quiet, clean and comfortable.
3 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
Christine
"It was ok"
Decent breakfast included. Room was dated and had a cigarette burn in the comforter...in a non smoking room. Vlt bar had really nice staff. Ridge taphouse was a huge disappointment. Ran out of tap beer..lol..really. DJ was horrible. Drinks were overpriced for the lack of entertainment.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
I really enjoyed the conveniences of the hotel. Having a place to eat and play pool was very enjoyable.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
Kim Banniogan
"Must have Breakfast"
Rooms were great and breakfast was also great.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Perry
"another day in the north"
the hotel has not seen much changes in the past 20 years. time to upgrade for the money that is being charged
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Fred
"Clean rooms, good continental breakfast"
This hotel was affordable, on the cheaper end for the area. The room was very clean with comfortable beds and minimal noise. The only downside to the building was having to walk through a smelly smoking-friendly hallway to get to my own non-smoking hallway. The continental breakfast was large and the servers were very friendly. I found the front desk staff to be slightly rude and a little unprofessional. Overall a good experience and I will be staying here again.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"title?"
Great hotel once you know it is built in a circle. It took me a half hour to find my room. My room was on second floor. You would assume same room numbers would be on top of each other. Not here. I should have asked better directions, who knew? I was told "go left and then go up to second floor". The stairs were at the far end of hallway, past the second set of doors, and to the left, no signs, THANKS. Other than that it was excellent, clean room and FANTASTIC food!
Other trip May 17, 2014
The stay was enjoyable, the hotel was a little older than some others in the town but well maintained and clean with good staff.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
"One nite"
4 tries to get a room key to work. Floor was dirty. Cigarette smoke permeats. Better places in town
Other trip May 5, 2014
"More of an oilfield hotel"
I was very disappointed. Our rooms looked nothing like the pictures advertised. Everything was very outdated and our initial room smelled like a dirty ash tray and pot even thought it was non smoking. We asked to get moved, we did, and it still smelt gross- old and musty. It's a place to crash if your working or partying, but I wouldn't stay there again. It's not worth saving the $20 a night or whatever it is. It's connected to a pumpkin pub if that interests you.
2 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
Jessie
"Good hotel in Slave Lake"
Good hotel with an excellent hot breakfast. The front desk staff was great upon check-in in the evening, although rather indifferent upon check-out in the morning. The front entrance was closed due to construction when I was there, so I entered through the back. However, this wasn't clearly indicated on the evening I was there. Overall a good hotel. Rooms were clean and comfortable.
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2014
"Nice Hotel inSlave Lake"
I arrived around 10 PM. The Staff at the front desk were prompt and very courteous.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"Great comfort, for a great price."
I was just in town for business and I found this little gem. Breakfast and dinner buffets are really good too.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Jonah
"Accomodating Staff"
Nice to deal with and very friendly. Upgraded room was nice at a reasonable cost.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"Very good hotel for the cost."
Stayed one night. Good place to stay and good complimentary breakfast.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
Ron
"Nothing special"
the front desk seemed to give no effort into any process of booking, changing or checking out of rooms. Asked to pay the night before so I didnt have to get up early to deal with it before I left but was told just to do it in the morning to make things easier for them. the rooms were loud and the bathroom pipes had HORRIBLE water hammer. very old and not well kept. they may show updated pictures but I didnt not get an updated room. this is an old hotel and they put on a show but when you try to book with a deal they send you right to the grimy rooms. not impressed. they shouldnt be charging anywhere near what they are. use another hotel if possible or make sure you get an updated room.
5 night trip Feb 26, 2014
The room I stayed in was outdated but it was clean and the hotel staff was good to deal with. There was a complimentary breakfast buffet, which was excellent
1 night business trip Jan 14, 2014
Was not happy with the price. I was quoted 116 but when I checked out I got charged 130. I was not given the right information otherwise I would have stayed somewhere else.
2 night business trip Oct 28, 2013
"great stay will stay again"
hotel was great clean..room was comfortable..staff was very nice..breakfast was more then we expected..will come again
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
St Albert
"Not a nice hotel!"
Hotel doesn't have a jacuzzi and steam room as advertised. Staff were not very helpful (except the front desk guy with the pony tail). Asked for a non smoking room and got the stinkiest smoking room ever. Would never stay here again!
1 night trip May 11, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

1 night business trip Mar 1, 2016