All hotels in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
2424 E Stadium Blvd, Ann Arbor, MI, 48104, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Comfortable
    Poor vibe
    Bad breakfast
"Five Stars"
This hotel was wonderful! Everything was super clean and smelled like it was as soon as we entered the room. The bed was super comfy! Only thing I hated was that checkout was 11am and they don't have late checkout. Otherwise, staff are friendly, clean hotel, a little outdated but still clean, a mile down the street from Arborland where u can find anything to eat or do. I will be coming back!
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Ivana
"Great access to Trader Joe's"
Should have taken the second floor room as a pack of teenagers were walking and talking outside my room on the first floor. Otherwise good stay for one night.' Great access to Trader'Joe's. Difficult to make a turn going west on the road outside the hotel which was the most direct way to downtown Ann Arbor. Great for getting to US 23.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Bubba
"Hotel close to Taubman Center."
Picked this Hotel because it was close to the Taubman Center where I had a Dr.s appointment.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Beds were very comfortable
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"Exceeds Expectations"
The Lamp Post Inn exceeded expectations. My husband I stopped for the night on a trip to the UP, and the location was convenient to the interstate, downtown and the central U of M campus. And Trader Joe's is next door. Our room was a bargain, small but attractive, with a comfortable bed, spotless bathroom and a refrigerator.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
While not the fanciest or poshest facility, it was clean and mostly updated. It was just what I needed for a decent price.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
"Nice small hotel"
Good other than refrigerator broken and leaking water
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"Great Inn at Good price close to UM campus"
My wife and i stayed here and we were working at the university for business. The hotel was a good mile walk to the main campus and a less than 10min bus ride. The bus stops outside across the street from the hotel. The hotel staff was very nice and pleasant and was always there to help. The lobby is open until 11pm and there is free wifi.
2 night business trip Jul 5, 2015
"vintage pleasure"
this vintage roadside motel, 'way past its prime, is redeemed by top-notch bedding and superb cleanliness. the creepy, bubbly wallpaper and jerry-rigged repairs did not bode well: the room's front door, once a florida-style jalousie, had the glass replaced with wood slats, some interior plywood applied and a fresh paint job! locks were of the original vintage, and room access is by venerable keys. the colorful tile bath was original to the building, with a tile-box stall shower that set off my alarms. but close inspection revealed not a speck of grime or mildew anywhere- a remarkable feat for a 50-year-old-plus facility. and the bedding was superb: new mattresses and high-quality linens were more comfortable than some encountered in recent stays at 5-star urban hotels.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2015
william
"Great little hotel"
Older hotel in the middle of remodeling when I was there. Clean, bug free, very accommodating staff. I'll stay again when in the area.
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2015
"Good place to crash cheap."
I got a good nights sleep, cheap, and I was in what appeared to be a safe part of town. There was a Trader Joes out the bathroom window. I think that the ratings of others are fair. I stayed in one of the rooms that had not been updated yet, but it was clean, just old timey. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
"Great until staff argued with me."
The room we were first assigned had the door wide open, beds not completed, and flies all over the place. The second room smelled like cigarette smoke. I opened the bathroom window to air the room out and found where cigarettes have been extinguished within the window track. When I told the front desk clerk about the cigarette smell and window markings, she got very defensive and stated that I was the second person this week to mention this info and none of her staff smokes. I told her that we were non smokers, I signed a paper stating it was a non smoking room and I wanted to make sure we wouldn't get charged for it. She just continued to argue stating it wasn't from her staff. I just wanted an apology, acknowledgment that it wasn't from us, etc. if our son chooses UofM for school we may try it again.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Denise
a lot of facilities were not working, e.g., sink, toilet, etc.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"Dirty, outdated, and uncomfortable"
Lamp Post was advertised as renovating. Obviously my room was not one of the renovated rooms. The carpet was terrible and obviously had not been vacuumed. The air conditioned smelled of mold and rot when it was turned on and I could not use it. The molding needed to be replaced and in some places did not meet the wall. The bed was uncomfortable, the bathroom outdated. On a whole the room was very dirty. I will never stay there again.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
"CLEAN!"
This is an older hotel, but CLEAN and comfortable. If you're looking for ritzy, this isn't it,but it doesn't cost what the big boys do. Nicest shower I've had at a hotel in a long time.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Marcia
"One of the best for the money"
Good value. Can't go wrong for the price. Would recommend.
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
"good value"
comfortable older non-chain motel. good location. good simple breakfast. rehabed and non-rehabed rooms are fine.
Other trip May 31, 2015
walt
We stayed there for about a week. The location is a big plus. Very convenient.
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Close to Campus"
I booked this hotel for its proximity to the U of Michigan Medical Center. It was a perfect choice. Although finding a restaurant open at 10:30 at night was a bit of a challenge, everything else was convenient. This motel isn't fancy, but it was perfect for my needs. The front desk staff was wonderful, and took care of my requests for in room coffee, a cracked carafe, and even mailed some letters for me. The Bearclaw Coffee Shop across the street is excellent, and Trader Joes next door makes filling the room fridge convenient.
3 night family trip May 18, 2015
cheryl
"Great value for money."
We were pleasantly surprised that a hotel this inexpensive could be so nice. I wish there were more like them. Older and somewhat worn but very clean inside and out.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"great experience"
Great room. Great location. Great price.
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Pleasant Stay in Ann Arbor"
This hotel is a very good value. The reception lady was very nice and exceedingly accommodating. The room was very basic, but comfortable. I think it is an ideal hotel for people on a budget and for those who want to attend University of Michigan sporting events (it is in close proximity to all the U. of M. sporting venues).
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Although clean, quite dated. No bath tub -"
No pool available as advertised @ a nearby hotel which was the amenity that prompted booking.
"nice at this rate"
Close to central campus and county farm park. Good breakfast.
zd
"Price was right!"
It was okay for a place to sleep. I would have stayed somewhere else if my wife comes with me on another visit. It was about half price of higher end motels and about half as good as most higher end motels. Breakfast was quite disappointing.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"relatively cheap and you get what you pay for"
cheapest play to stay at Ann arbor for sons graduation. it's certainly no frills but room was comfortable
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
Allen
"A lovely place!"
A spacious room with so much to offer - a great place in a great location, and the price was amazing.
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
"Stinky room"
The room stank
1 night business trip May 4, 2015
"some drawbacks"
On a 2-night stay, room wasn't made up after first night. So no tp or coffee for the morning. Deadbolt lock wouldn't work from inside the room. Room was clean and pleasant, very basic. Desk staff in am unfriendly - i.e.., no apology when I mentioned that room hadn't been made up the day before - "Well did you put a do not disturb sign up?" which I hadn't. No apology for the broken lock. And I really was being polite.
Other trip May 7, 2015
"Just OK"
A VERY BASIC room. I know the hotel is doing renovations and they have a lot more work to do. The new bed was comfortable and the new TV was fine. Overall the room was clean. For the amount of time we spent in the room it was acceptable. I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time here.
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
"Average"
Nice at the beginning, towards the end coffee was not left in the room. Floors were not vacuumed.
2 night family trip Apr 19, 2015
"Good value for the money"
good value for the money. new management and renovation. seems to be moving in the right direction.
2 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
Renee
"Great place to stay but fix your internet!"
Comfortable rooms and beds, OK breakfast, OK staff, but a really horrible internet connection, terrible bandwidth.
2 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
"Affordable"
Very dated but clean with a friendly staff. Quiet and close to campus. No luxuries, but an affordable place to sleep.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Great Value"
great value for the price payd, no complaints at all.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
gian carlo
"Nice hotel in Ann Arbor"
Newer carpet and bed. Looks like they did/are doing renovations but the place was very comfortable and the staff and clientele quiet and friendly.
2 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
Walter
"A comfortable stay with a good price"
Room was clean even though it was smallish. Building is old but renovations to rooms with newer carpet and bed was great. Wi-Fi could be more stronger. Very comfortable and I will stay again.
2 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
Touy
Very good bargain. Very clean facilities despite their age.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"Good for quick overnight stay"
The beds are quite comfortable, friendly staff, decent little breakfast. It works great for a short, overnight stay, but I don't think I'd want to spend more than 1 night.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Melanie
"Don't!"
Rude staff, poor cleaning, old, outdated, in need of major renovation; won't stay again or recommend.
1 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
"Good deal close to umich campus"
It was a nice week spending at Lamp Post Inn with my friend who visited me at the University of Michigan. The bed was comfortable. We got free breakfast every morning, which was very kind. Hotel staffs were all very nice. The location is close to the campus, around 5 minutes bus away. The only problem with this hotel was its internet--most of the time, we can't connect well.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
A
"A bed/wi fi - clean but shabby"
It's just an old hotel and everything is pretty shabby. No frills. On the plus side, it had a fridge and microwave and coffee maker. The bed was comfortable.
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2015
"Clean and Quiet motel"
Rooms are old style motel, very clean, but smelled a bit musty. Not too much within walking distance. Ample parking. It's out of their control, but some heavy machinery was in operation on the road in front of the motel starting at about 1am the night we stayed, lasted bout an hour and loud.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
JC
"Never stay here"
Hair in the Sheets. Ants crawling around on the bathroom floor. Bug on the ceiling. Hole in the Bathroom door that was painted over. Wood trim busted up along the doors. In today's world why would they not have digital locks on the doors. Deadbolt that would not lock.
1 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
"Nice little place - Pleasantly surprised!"
I've been past this place a million times, but never stayed there. It was actually pretty nice. Professional desk staff, clean and quiet. The bed was new, and nice, plus I paid for a queen but there was a king in the room. A little kitchenette, fridge, modern TV, clean shower and restroom. You could say the room needs a little updating, but that doesn't mean it was dirty, just that the decor was a little dated, and who cares? Carpet needs replacement, but again, I don't really care about that. I'll definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Christopher
"Not the Best"
I have stayed here before and was very comfortable. The room for this trip was deplorable. The carpet was so filthy I kept my shoes on the entire time. The mattress/bedding was new but I fail to understand why the carpeting wasn't changed out along with the new beds. I was even afraid to take a shower without flip flops (hair on the floor-ugh), etc. The Lamp Post Inn is undergoing a renovation but again, why do one thing without doing it all?
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"JT"
Overall, ok for temporary stay.
2 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
"PM"
Nice new beds are wonderful, comfortable and convenient to needs.
5 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Great old fashion motel!"
Great location to downtown at a great rate. You can walk next door to Trader Joes. Great coffee house across the street. Good find!
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
caryl
"Hotel was clean but a little old."
We enjoyed our 4 night stay . The room was clean but it needs a little work with the carpet being old and stained . The breakfast was okay with bagels, toast , and cereal. The good thing it was close to everything. It is overall a good value and we would stay here again.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015