All hotels in Santa Cruz, California, United States of America

Great time!
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
michael
"Good night's stay"
I stayed one night. The accommodations were nice and comfortable. Can't beat the location.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
Noel
The view was lovely an easy walk to the Boardwalk. The husband & wife who run this Hotel are very nice.
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
susan
"Great location & people !!!"
Location, Location, Location !!! We love this places close to pier & beach. The staff is so nice. We are staying here again in a few weeks. You can not beat this place for the price.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Economical no frills, great neighborhood"
My husband and I just wanted an inexpensive place to sleep so we could jaunt down to see our daughter in college and take her to dinner. As hotels.com was offering a 50% off if booked now, kinda thing, we decided it was time. We appreciated the fridge in the room and the bed was perfectly comfortable. I'd probably bring my own blanket next time as the thin bedspread being the only warmth offered was a little measly. There was ample free parking, which was very appreciated and it is a 3 minute walk to the pier and boardwalk. As we did not take this trip to spend time in the room, we did not miss the extras. The desk people were perfectly helpful and friendly when we checked in.
1 night romance trip Feb 10, 2015
Lorien
"Good motel for low budget in Santa Cruz"
On a road trip down the coast with my wife. Stayed two nights in Santa Cruz and this hotel was a great value. Better location up on a hill than other similar hotels in the area and slightly less expensive than the others as well.
2 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
Matthew
"Beachview Inn pretty good!"
The hotel was pretty good for the price. It was very close, basically across the street from the beach and boardwalk. The layout was interesting, kinda old but quirky so I liked it. The hotel owners were very nice and helpful.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Anna
"Needs renovation, didn't feel very safe"
The good: close to the Boardwalk and the wharf. Reception staff is friendly and nice. The bad: old, needs renovation (old-time locks and keys); tricky parking; shady trashy ppl on premises (we had weird looking guys sitting on stairs and staring at us, two girls), the noisy bar right across the street.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
AD
"Great Stay, clean room, & nice staff!"
We had a great stay here, so we decided to stay an extra night. GREAT location, clean room, with TV, fridge and Microwave. Its nothing fancy, but who cares, you are a block from the beach! Front desk and customer service were really great. Nice to have a parking spot at the hotel as well, as parking is not easy in that area. Will stay here again for sure...stay in room 104....nicer flat panel TV.
1 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
"Santa Cruz Beachview"
The overall stay was great, just the room location was the very noisey because of the street below, and the traffic that was very loud at night, overall it was a great stay
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Gabriele M
"A pleasant stay at the ocean"
This was our second stay at this small hotel. We enjoyed it each time. The beds were comfortable; the unit was clean. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and welcoming. We took a walk on the pier in the morning, and that was nice.
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
Burt
"PARTIAL beach view"
This is not worth the price. It is a Partial beach view.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"close to boardwalk"
Beds are comfortable. 5 min walk away from boardwalk. Walls are thin though. Heard our neighbor snoring all night
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Sol
"Beginning of week getaway"
Wanted to get awsy from yhe city and decided to ride down thr coast. I csme upon Santa Cruz snd immediately fell in love. Looked for a hotel eith a affordable price and came upon the Beachview. Made my reservation blindly, because I neber stayed there and I was pleasantly surprised. The staff at the desk ( husband & wife) wete excellent hosts, cheerful and friendly. Immediately, I was offeted a room with a beach view for an extra $10 which I gladly accepted. The room was comfortable, quaint and clean. My stay was wonderful. I'm looking forward to staying there again.
2 night trip Jan 12, 2015
Dexter
"GREAT LOCATION!!"
This hotel had a great location--would recommend for this--we were only staying for one night so it was okay--Very small rooms--but very clean--just older--But again if you want a place that is priced right and you spend very little time in the room this will work--Can't imagine more than 2 people in these rooms! People who run it are very nice!! J
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Janice
"Good deal for good money"
Very good location close to the pier, it was OK there
1 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
Martin
"Great location for walking to attractions."
Stayed here for New Year's. Within walking distance of downtown and the Boardwalk. The hotel staff was very friendly and the room was comfortable enough. I would recommend this place for anyone that wants a "Mid Price" place, that is conveniently located for walking to attractions.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Perfect Fisherman's Wharf spot"
Perfect location to enjoy the boardwalk and fisherman's wharf. Room was a little small but great to sleep and rest in between busy days enjoying Santa Cruz.
1 night romance trip Dec 15, 2014
"Basic Beachtown motel."
Staff was friendly and accommodating. Bath towels were small and somewhat worn out. Bath soap bars were small and not real good quality. Basic no frills motel. No in room coffee. Bed was comfortable and clean. Coffee and breakfast in the morning was nice.. offering some variety of danish and cereal.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
"Get a new manager."
Horrible service. Cool people who checked us in to the hotel.. Room was awful, smelled like bleach and gave us headaches, a creepy van with blankets hung up right outside our door. Tried getting a refund to stay somewhere else instead, the manager had no social skills whatsoever, after pretty much yelling at me that I couldn't get a discount, and telling us to "meet him outside and talk".. We didn't feel comfortable there at all, so we dropped off the key and headed somewhere else with no refund. I will never return. Get a new manager, that guy was crazy.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
melissa
"Good motel for short stay"
It s like a mostel in all usa. Good placed in front of the beach(ca 100m).
1 night trip with friends Dec 22, 2014
"Good but that's it."
It's a basic room, clean, and spacey. The location is great, 2 mins walk to the beach. But bed is not confy at all and forget about the breakfast. Don't expect much. And don't pay too much for it. Only if you get a super deal, then it's worth it
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
"Good hotel close to the boardwalk and wharf"
Great neighborhood and good price
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
Anupam
"Basic but acceptable"
Basic amenities all covered: clean, relatively quiet, good parking. Shabby street (feels sort of industrial) but convenient location over all.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Carly
"So-so hotel... Great location!"
Our visit was with family so it was just a place to sleep... Walking distance to the wharf and beach and boardwalk.
4 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
"Great location and helpful staff but ...."
.... outside of summer months the motel (like many in Santa Cruz) is used to house homeless people due to a laudable attempt by the city to cope with that problem. In our case this meant loud talking outside and occasionally during the night.
Papasandy
"Ok for young couples, collage students."
Excellent location. Easy to findand Smooth check in. Room was basic. Space is enough for two not more. There are microwave and fridge. Was guaranteed excellent security by the management at check in but both locked mt. Bikes were stolen in the first night. Was so sad watching the security tape. Breakfast was very basic but the fruits consisted just 4 bananas for the whole hotel so be there before 8 am. Would be nice to have a couple more towels, shampoo, soap in the room. They did a good job cleaning. Bed was comfy. Probably not for families or single ladies with kids. There are few single guys live over there. They act little filerty in some ways. In general, this is your place if you just need a place to sleep at night. You can beat the location.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Very clean. Very helpful. Parking sucks. You can easily walk the boardwalk and pier. I am old fat slow and db and I had no problem.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Good weekend"
stayed for the weekend. It was a nice stay, walking distance to the boardwalk and many restaurants.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
rodrigo Jr.
"Nothing besides Location"
Sole value is proximity to beach and boardwalk. Avoid if you have mobility issues, want a view or amenities worth more than 1/3 the cost.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Great value little Gem close to the beach!"
Location, location, location! Absolute best deal walking distance to downtown & the wharf!
2 night trip Oct 7, 2014
"Fun little spot Near everything"
This is a great little spot. It's close to the wharf, the Ideal Bar, Taco Bar, and a quick jump to the Catalyst - not to mention the Boardwalk and beaches. Quaint and reasonable. A little funky, but not bad.
1 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2014
"Very good location"
The room is very close to the beach. I enjoyed the location for walking. The room was clean but I took a shower and it backed up right away. We told the front desk about it and somebody came out and unclogged it with in 30 minutes. That was the only issue we had. I enjoyed my stay.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Rodney
"Good inn for the boardwalk"
Great location, nice quiet place, but no frills and continental breakfast not worth mentioning.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Location was good. That is what you are paying for. Stayed on a weekend and paid over $200.00 for a night. Breakfast was a joke, don't count on it.
1 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2014
"very close to the boardwalk and wharf"
I stayed here for two nights based around the Big Kahuna triathlon. It was a great location very close to the transition area and swim start. Perfect location for the race and pretty reasonably priced. The rooms were kinda small but cozy and great for a single person or couple. Overall I'd recommend the place for a quick Santa Cruz getaway
2 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Great Place to Stay"
Right next to the Boardwalk, available parking, clean rooms, and a friendly staff. I forgot some items in my room and called & when I spoke to the staff they had recovered my items and held them for me till I could come back to get them. I will stay here anytime I come back to Santa Cruz.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
Frequent Traveler
"Beach view"
The beds are just a mattress without a fitter sheet. They put a flat sheet on the botto and it didn't even cover the entire mattress. The top blankets are very old and ultra thin. The dresser drawers don't stay on their tracks and fall out every time you open them. The bathroom sink dripped the entire time. Definitely on the low scale for hotels. When you check in and leave they barely say two words to you. Guests are definitely not their priority.
4 night trip Sep 4, 2014
"A nice beach hotel"
Great location, room was very clean.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Ok, but"
Was new remodeled room. Breakfast was light??? Was on a steep hill so think this over,,, enjoy
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
GD
"hotel location close beach, almost NO staff"
Hard to get information from hotel, Rare for anyone to be at the front desk. Clean & tidy
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
JP
"Not bad for the price"
Stayed 2 nights room was clean and close to everything.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Great service"
I had great time. Bed was in good condition, I was expecting something worse. Just cause we stayed at other hotel and it was horrible compare to this one. Stuff was very nice, had great breakfast. We came late to check in and they waited for us,. Till midnight.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Raisa
"Nice hotel, close to beach and boardwalk."
The directions were easy to follow. Although picture on website a lttle different than actual site, we were happy with the whole property. Parking on site a little tight but doable. Check-in was easy and pleasant. Room window had a view of wharf. Staff accomodatd our daughter of 7 by getting us a roll away bed. You need to request the extras (e.g., iron, microwave, blankets) and they had no problem providing. Continental breakfast is not Best Western, but it has coffee, tea, chocolate, OJ, cereal, bananas, apples, and rolls. Theree was an incident wth one of the occupants was loud, obnoxoius, pounding on doors at 2am, police called. It was a little scary because it was a couple of doors away and there had been two smaller incidents during the day that made it a nervous situation. I think the hotel should have asked them to leave immediately. The occupants were still there that morning.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Dennis
The hotel was old and very small rooms. It was at least clean and the bed was comfortable. Okay for the price.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Tessa
Great stay, would stay again!
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2014
kray
"Close to beach"
It was convenient to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk. It was clean. There was parking, which was a definite advantage. The continental breakfast was very disappointing-it was very limited and there was only one table.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Patty
"Hotel Review"
The only decent thing about this hotel is the location. Small, smelled bad and bed uncomfortable. Will not come back.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
"Worst experience in along time"
The only redeeming feature was the proximity to Warf, Beach and also being close to downtown Santa Cruz. The mattress was literally falling apart. When I lifted the sheet the entire inside of the mattress was exposed. I could see the springs and spacers. The towel bar in the bath was coming out of the wall on one side. The bathroom door would not open all the way without hitting the sink/counter. The sink area had old cigarette burns in the counter top. The bedside lamp on one side of the bed was loose and crooked where it was mounted to the wall. AND, there was no clock in the room, and when I asked I was told hey don't have clocks in any of the rooms. Also the TV was a standard tube probably about 15 years old. The WIFI did work, although it was somewhat intermittent. When issues were brought to the staff the response was that they were not the owners, but would pass things on. Since I had prepaid the room (Non refundable), and there was nothing else available even close to the price in the area we stuck it out.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
BB
"Mediocre, Yet Appealing"
The best attribute about the Beachview Inn is its location. It is a two minute walk to the Santa Cruz Wharf. It is a four minute walk to the Boardwalk. It is a short walk to Pacific Ave. and the shops. The rooms are adequate - that is it provides a fairly comfortable bed, a sink, a toilet, a shower, a desk and chair, and a t.v. The walls are very thin so sound travels easily. We felt like this hotel was a good choice because of the low price and the location. If you are unfortunate enough to get loud neighbors though, like we did during our second night, don't count on a good night sleep. The people in the room next to us were loud until 4:00 A.M. Despite three nice requests of them to quiet down, they did not. The worst part was that we tried to phone the on-site managers twice during the night and rang their door bell several times, with no response. The next morning, when we contacted the managers, they took no responsibility for not answering the phone or door bell. The told us it was too bad the our neighbors were so loud. That was it. No apology for their lack of response and no mention of them being responsive in the future. Also, the cleaning crew cleans on their schedule, not yours. At 4:15 P.M., when we returned to our room after a full day of activity, our room was still not cleaned. We told the cleaning crew we needed to take showers. Their response was, if we can not clean your room right now, we will not clean it today.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014