All hotels in Santa Cruz, California, United States of America
50 Front St, Santa Cruz, CA, 95060, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"over all a good choice"
The hotel staff was friendly and accomodating and the room it'self was clean and comfortable...not to mention the location was awesome. The only drawback was that the house keepers are not considerate nor are they concerned with safety. I slipped and fell leaving a nasty bruise due to the fact that they were mopping the outside concrete steps in the middle of checkin time. No wet floor sign at all and no warning. Anyone else wod have sued but i was luckily mostly uninjured. Over all they stay was great but they need to step it up on the details.
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
noelle
"Great vacation next to the boardwalk."
It was so close to the boardwalk. It was perfect for my Daughter and I. I would stay here again in a minute. The owners were very nice.
3 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Theresa
"Clean hotel friendly staff"
Arrived earlier than expected, staff were very nice let us park and explore Santa Cruz while the room was being cleaned. It's literally right across the street from the wharf, beach, and Boardwalk. There is a pizza place, liquor store, and tacos right next door. And tons of restaurants nearby. Room was clean and comfortable. Location was excellent and room was simple, clean, and comfortable.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"BeachInn"
very accommodating
1 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2015
Bonnie
"Sad this place has gone downhill..."
Sadly the rooms here are getting worse and worse..the bathroom floor was full of hair,dirty washcloth hanging from shower bar and the front door of our room was missing pieces of wood and the weather stripping was just dangeling. They give the worst rooms to us that book on Hotels.com. One of the maids told us so at two different places.That is not good.
2 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
cindy
"Very nice and simple little hotel near the beach."
I was greeted by a friendly front desk and even though it was before 400pm check in...she found me a nice clean room.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
Ben
"Nice hotel, right by the boardwalk."
Great hotel, nice friendly staff, hastle free check in and check out, was walking distance from everything you could need while on your stay. cant really complain. Great price for a great stay
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"Not worth $112"
overnight stay with my husband for our fifth wedding anniversary. The owners were very nice and welcoming. Our room was an "upgrade" to ocean view for $10 more, that was a joke. The only ocean view we got was standing outside our room looking over the parking lot. The room was cozy but the bed was awful. Clean though.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
samantha
"Super close to the action"
The hotel staff were great, very friendly. I was surprised to find a full size bed instead of a queen, but with everything booked what can you do. The room was outdated and for the price you pay, maybe better towels and warmer thicker blankets would be nice. The location is awesome very close to everything.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
rachel
"Great place"
Was great loved the location to boardwalk walking distance. The only complaint I had was the towels were to small and thin. Everything else was wonderful.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Tammy
"Stayed at the comfort inn instead. Great improveme"
We walked into the room, looked around and turned around and walked out. We did not even stay there. I almost didn't go in when we drove up and saw the condition of the hotel. It was awful!
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Santa Cruz Getaway"
Overall clean but could use an upgrade. Rooms are bare minimum, no clock, no microwave or small refrig, iron or cleaning bags. Continental breakfast is just package sweet rolls, coffee and bottled orange juice drink. Staff are very nice and friendly. Hotel is on a hill so not for those disabled that need access. Very close to wharf and Santa Cruz Boardwalk.
2 night trip Jul 15, 2015
Lynda
"Very out dated."
The owners were nice. But the room was very out dated. The carpet had stains and the T.V. had lines in it. They scan your I. D. which is a very big concert. Everyone is getting hacked. You don't have far to walk to get to the wharf or beach.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Simple yet clean and close to attractions."
Good place overall. We will go back to this same spot.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
Kristin
Loved it!
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
marcia
"Just needs some TLC"
It wasn't so much that the hotel was dirty as it was worn out and in need of some TLC, but the low price compensates for that. The staff was personable and the location couldn't have been more perfect. I'd be pleased to stay again.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2015
Staff was extremely friendly. Literally steps from the boardwalk and plenty of entertainment. I did not have to use my car once.
1 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2015
Shelby
"Location is key with this hotel."
It was close to the boardwalk and pier and that was its biggest selling point. The hotel is older, but location is key. Neighborhood is safe and can't beat free parking.
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
"Nasty unhappy person my wife was so disappointed"
The hotel was Not good at all very stinky walls yuck I'm sorry I will never go there again I wish I can get my money back uglie place.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
gilbert
"I never do reviews, but this hotel was worth it!"
We booked this hotel last minute, so we weren't sure what to expect. But our procrastination was rewarded...this place was awesome! It was right across from the beach (seriously, beach-goers could not get a better location, for the price). The owner was SUPER nice and let us leave our car in the lot even after we checked out (meaning, extra time at the beach for no parking fee!). The rooms were basic hotel rooms, but clean and just what we needed. The whole place is just a little outdated, but that is not really something my husband and I value. I would definitely recommend this place! We will be booking again, for sure.
2 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
Last minute decision to go to Santa Cruz. Hotel is dated but service was great, room was comfy! Would stay again
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Debra
"Good hotel close to the beach"
This hotels greatest feature is its location. The rest of the hotel didn't have any "deal breakers" but was basically just a place to sleep at night. Clean towels and a clean bed with a slight hint of over used bleach ( which I guess is a good thing). I'd stay here again given its location.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
"Funky but nice only a block from beach and pier."
I liked it although it is a typical beachy type of hotel. But good parking! Simple and safe and clean.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Pat W
"Loved it!"
Really well run place with great staff and incredibly close to everything. Great deal for the price also….
1 night trip with friends Jun 18, 2015
Katherine
"MANAGERS WERE THE BEST of THIS STAY!"
Rooms small, outdated. Bed sheets and blankets torn. Window curtains wouldn't close all the way and looked as if there were thread bare areas. Micro didn't work in one of our rooms. Amenities very cheap. Soap so thin it broke in your hand when opened. Only one chair in our room. Something as simple as a hook on the bathroom door to hang clothes would be helpful. Towels very thin, very small. Carpet dirty. While our room was non smoking, people sat on the stairs and smoked away and, of course, came into our rooms. Cigarette burns on the counter. For the price we paid, owners could do some updating and make this a cute little place. Outside picture looks nice. Inside pictures should be posted the way they are now. Out room afforded us a "slight" view of the ocean.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
RICKI
"Ok for a budget"
We stayed here for three nights in May and it was alright. It was about a 4 minute walk to the beach and wharf which was nice but the room quality isn't that great. The bottom sheet wasn't a fitted sheet and didn't even go down all the way to the end of the mattress. We are tall so we had to go and ask for another sheet to put down so our feet weren't just touching this old mattress with no cover, so that was just annoying but not the biggest deal in the world. Our only other thing was the carpet and window curtains where just kind of gross, spots on the carpet and holes in the curtains. It worked since we were on a tight budget, but next time we might spring for a something a little less grimy feeling.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
The staff was kind and accommodating towards us. There was parking right outside the hotel which was really nice.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
Emily
"Great location and price"
Last minute get away great location and a great price. Front desk staff was very friendly.
1 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Jeffrey
"The Beachview"
The couple who are the managers are very friendly. They care about the comfort of their guests.
3 night romance trip May 18, 2015
"Location, location, location!"
Location was PERFECT! Hotel staff was very friendly and personable. Room was clean and decent. Ocean view upgrade was a little disappointing considering we had no fridge/microwave like other rooms next to us. Tub was inviting after a cold day on beach but took a shower instead after seeing the mold.
3 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Super close to the beach."
I had a great time. The staff was very friendly. So close to the beach and lots of yummy food.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Couldn't air out the smell of cleaners."
Nice hotel staff, but small funky rooms with no cross ventilation. There are better places near the wharf.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Keith
"Close to Boardwalk, decently run"
Chill, locally owned hotel that provides basic comfort that is conveniently located between boardwalk and downtown...closer to Boardwalk side. I go to SC a lot and would recommend this place to families with kids who want to be close to the beach, pier and Boardwalk.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Nice place right by the ocean"
Great place to stay for a quick trip. The beach and the pier are 1/2 a block away - but if you have the time (and a car) go to a beach less crowded (like Panther Breach - 10 minutes north on PCH).
3 night trip May 17, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
pleasant stay. Front desk were friendly and happy. Definitely will stay again. I recommended to some friends already. so close to the wharf and stores, restaurants.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Jessika
"Great place close to beach"
Very friendly people. They let us check in early even though the room was not ready yet.The beach is 1 block away
1 night romance trip Mar 24, 2015
"Great Hotel Choice"
It was delightful and was very close to the beach. To top it off the hotel was very cheap. I enjoyed the stay and the staff was very friendly.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2015
"we'll definitely come back!"
Stayed for our anniversary. The location is amazing. Just a few minute walk to the pier and boardwalk. Right across the street! Great value for the location. If you are looking for a beach style resort keep looking. This is strictly a no frills budget friendly motel. We stayed in room 215, best view in the place! The downside? Rooms are a bit small, bathroom not much bigger than a closer, and the parking lot is not level sure to being built on a hill. We lived it tho. It met our needs and gave us a place to rest after fun on the beach.
2 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
michael
"Great place for the price."
I booked a room here for an additional night after spending an evening in Santa Cruz. When I arrived in town, I went out to eat and have some drinks. I didn't want to drive after, so I tried finding a hotel. Everything in the area was booked, so I ended up sleeping in my vehicle the first night (not comfortable). I booked a room here early the next morning, and the staff (A gentleman and a foreign lady) were super super nice. Check in time wasn't until 4pm but they called me as soon as the room was ready and allowed me to check in early. The room was very small with no extras but it was clean and comfortable for the price. If you're looking for a low-cost room, this would be my choice. It's only a half a block from the beach, the staff is very friendly, there's free parking, and the room was comfortable. I'd definitely stay again.
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
Jerrod
"Beachview Inn is a winner!"
Room is small but has everything I needed. Good bed, adequate TV, plenty of hot water for bath/shower. Great location close to the beaches and the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf. The place is run by very nice people and it is a great value for the money. Parking is an adventure since there are no level places to park. Would I stay there again? Absolutely!
6 night trip Apr 15, 2015
"5 minute walk to the Boardwalk"
Wasn't sure what to expect being so close to the Boardwalk (5 minute walk). We came in Friday night around 9:30 pm. It was so quiet I didn't realize how close we were to the Boardwalk which had closed around 5 pm. Check in was quick and the staff were great and sweet. The room size for a family of 4 was spacious. Bathroom could use an upgrade and towels were very thin but minor in comparison to all the other great stuff. There was plenty of parking each night and again to be so close to the Boardwalk was amazing. Their continental breakfast was minimal at best - two options for dry cereal, bagged pastries, some fruit and breakfast beverages. Don't expect eggs, meat or toast. Again minor in my book but would it be nice to have a filling breakfast in them morning - yes but not a deal breaker for me. Overall I think this place was great for the location and again the staff was A+ and that means a lot to me. We would definitely stay again.
2 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Bryan
"Descent Room, Great staff"
This is a typical 2 or 3 star hotel room. No flairs, comfortable. What stood out most was how friendly and helpful the staff was there. I wish i had gotten their names so their boss can see the review.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Baba
"within walking distance of beach and boardwalk"
staff was very friendly; parking was difficult in that it is on a slope and when parking spaces were full one had to be extra careful in trying to turn around to exit; very limited amenities in the room (i.e. no clock, no phone, tiny soap which didn't lather, no brochures for local or convenient eating, etc.)
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Pattianne
"Bare basic"
Hate policy of taking a photo of ID containing my address, signature, and photo in this era of stolen identities. One table to eat breakfast of cereal and sweet roll with juice/coffee. No hair dryer, pen or paper, bar soap the size of a postage stamp. Very basic hotel near the beach.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
dennis
"Adequate, but good location for proximity to beach"
My daughter & I were on vacation for Spring Break. Loved the proximity to the Pier & the Boardwalk! We could also walk to dwtwn Santa Cruz!The hotel itself was adequate, nothing fancy, but we got it for a gr8 price!
3 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
Darcie
Perfect location. Close to both the boardwalk and downtown. Staff was friendly and room was very clean and comfortable.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Walking distance to wharf and Boardwalk"
Very close and convenient. It was nice with a little one to come back and forth for clothing changes and naps. The staff were very nice friendly. The room itself was okay, but the towels and bedding were not great. The bathroom needs some updating, but everything was clean.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"staff at front desk were very nice and helpful."
Great experience, upgraded to an ocean view room, which wasn't quite as grand as I had expected but still somewhat of a view, better than the parking lot view I would have had. Great price, and friendly staff. Continental breakfast could use some major improvement, a few cheap bear claw substitutes, rice krispies cereal, and some not-so-great coffee were supplied. But overall experience was really great, alot nicer rooms than I had expected for the price.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
kristin
"Worth it."
Built on a hill. Clean, minimal accomodations were clean. Not necessarily the best WiFi...it kept coming & going while I was streaming a live show. Price was right. Very close to SC pier. Helpful service people. I'd do it again.
2 night business trip Mar 20, 2015
Jay
"I would stay there again..... yes"
It was close to the beach and easy to get to things around the city. But the sink had a slow drain, and the people in the next room were a little loud, but the room was nice.
3 night business trip Mar 17, 2015