All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
115 S Fairfax Ave, Los Angeles, CA, 90036, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Excellent staff, especially Rachel at the Front Desk, Jesus in Valet Parking & Fernando from Maintenance; oh yeah, the cookies are great!
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Mario
"stylish but chilly"
I like the decor and location of the Farmer's Daughter but found service to be a disappointment.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"you may not get what you want"
we booked a double, but we were told upon check-in (mind you, we'd already been there 3hrs before to try early check in, and they were holding our bags) that rooms booked through 3rd party sites were only "requests" and that they just didn't have any double rooms left. they wanted to charge us for a rollaway bed to accommodate the 3 of us. that was absurd. they should have given us the rollaway for free. so my husband, son and i piled into 1 king bed for 2 nights. my husband had stayed their previously and loved it, however we will now never return.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2013
HOUSEKEEPING DID NOT RESTOCK MY ROOM WITH FRESH TOWELS NOR DID I GET A RUG FOR FLOOR OUTSIDE SHOWER. EVERYTHING ELSE WAS OK. GIRL AT FRONT DESK WAS GREAT.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"good location"
Hotel kind of pricey for it's condition. Very nice staff. Good off street valet parking.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2013
"Close to must-see sights"
Excellent location to Farmers Market, the Grove, etc. We enjoyed the décor! Highly recommend.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2013
Barbara L.
"Awesome place! Awesome location."
Very home like environment with a great staff. The valet parking makes everything so easy. The Farmers market across the street is an amazing place to shop, eat, and just stroll. We will be back.
4 night family trip Jun 21, 2013
"Great location for CBS studios- The Price Is Right"
Great location for CBS studios and contestants on The Price is RIght and a giagnatic shopping center with lots of places to eat all in short walking distance
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
"Perfect peaceful oasis in West LA"
We loved everything about this quaint hotel. The staff were all friendly and helpful, the room was spacious and sweetly decorated, the common areas were fun!
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
jenn
"Don't let the name fool you!"
An odd looking blue building across from CBS Studios and The Grove is to me, a hidden gem of a getaway. It's very low key, yet fun and artsy all at the same time. I think it was the cookies and lemonade upon check-in... or maybe it was the outdoor patio where I grabbed a cup of joe next door at Tart - or maybe... it was the awesomely convenient location to The Grove (and Umami Burger!). I'll definitely be back to visit.
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2013
Laine
"Cute place"
This place is well decorated and fits the hotel name. It's got a pool, a great terrace off the restaurant so you can just done there and staff are excellent. The only 2 criticisms are that a beer is $9 and when someone showers in a room around you, it's loud and you're woken up. Both of those issues can be fixed. Great place.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
Destar
"Chic Girls Night Spot"
Such a nice decor and well done theme that wasn't too overwhelming. Just the right amount of everything!
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Awesome Experience!"
This hotel is not for everyone. If you are someone who loves 5 star luxury, stop reading now and find a different hotel. All I require in a hotel for an enjoyable stay is a great location, cleanliness and a comfortable bed. Farmer's Daughter has all that and more. Located right across from the Grove/Farmer's Market and within a short cab ride to some awesome restaurants, the location could not be better. Throw in the fact that this place is adorably decorated and provides complimentary lemonade and chocolate chip cookies in the lobby every day and I am definitely a repeat customer. The attention to detail here is incredible and all of the staff is genuinely welcoming. The entire hotel is an old motel which has been renovated and transformed into this trendy, country rustic paradise. The rooms are comfortable but not luxurious and I really loved the wood floors as opposed to carpet. Although I was not crazy about the appetizer I ordered at Tart, the hotel's restaurant, the cocktails we had were great and I loved the setting. By far my best LA hotel experience. Highly recommended.
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
"Pretty good, a few hangups"
The good: It's like they took a Motel 6 and retrofitted it with cute and homey things. Loved the adirondack chair in the room, and the ones in the courtyard next to the Tart restaurant. Great location, across the street from The Grove, a 2 minute walk from Trader Joe's and Whole Foods and a Starbucks, just what a business traveler like me needs. There was a great run loop down past the CBS, through Pan Pacific Park, and back through The Grove. Very nice staff. The Bad: A single light in the bathroom that turns the fan on and the light, no separate fan switch. The A/C unit worked well, but was LOUD when it kicked on at any time day or night. Other than that, very happy with the stay. Tart was very good as well.
3 night business trip May 17, 2013
Derek
"Great location, fun and quirky boutique-y hotel"
Great location! Walking distance to The Grove and Farmers Market. Pleasant staff, clean rooms, boutique-y hotel feel.
1 night business trip May 15, 2013
Traveling for business
"Nice little place"
We had fun here on our trip with our daughter. If you book with Hotels.com, or Expedia be aware you can't reserve your preference of 2 double beds or 1 king and a rollaway bed is $10/ night. The pool also closes at 7pm, a little early if you ask me. The restaurant has good food and everyone was friendly except for 1 front desk clerk, who seemed not very willing to want to help. Here's your room key and on your way. You'll need to also be prepared to valet your car for a fee. No self parking in LA. Overall we had fun and would stay again now that we know how it works there we could be prepared.
1 night trip May 4, 2013
Gary S
Great location, but very loud at all times.
4 night business trip Apr 29, 2013
I made our reservation here, because of the high "excellent" rating, but I would rate it as average. We wouldn't stay here again.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2013
Hilary
The staff was very friendly. The parking fee was very reasonable especially in comparison to other hotels in the area. I loved that you are able to open the window to get fresh air or chose to use the wall unit for A/C or heat.
Other trip Apr 26, 2013
CC
"Location. Location. Location."
The Farmers Daughter is a sweet, trippy boutique hotel. It is a 1 minute walk across the street to the Farmers Market and the Grove. We were there for a taping of "Dancing with the Stars". On our way to get in line we passed others in line for "The Price is Right" and later in the week we learned they tape "American Idol" and lots more, I'm sure.. The CBS studio where these are taped is a 5 minute walk. The room was clean and quiet, as we were upstairs, on the back side. There is a sweet restaurant called Tart. Breakfast is the best. Be sure and have the honey butter on a biscuit. Ridiculous. In the evening you can sit outside and have a little wine, the decor feels like your sitting in a friend's backyard, yet your surrounded by the hub-bub of LA. We enjoyed our stay here and would come back.
2 night trip Apr 21, 2013
C and B
"Charming and Convenient"
Looks kind of like a dump from Fairfax Ave, but is actually both super cool and super clean once you get inside. Loved the charm of the place. Very helpful staff. And the location is perfect. Right across the street from the Farmer's Market. Can walk to it in no time. And you're about 10 minutes from the Hollywood neighborhood, and only about a breezy 25 minute drive to Santa Monica beach.
5 night romance trip Apr 10, 2013
Mihalis
"Cute, great location, so-so customer service"
Although they call it a hotel, this is actually a motel. It is decorated in a super kitschy, fun style but some of the staff could brush up on their customer service skills.
Other trip Apr 24, 2013
MLL
"Farmer's Daughter Great Hotel!"
My friend and I really enjoyed staying at the Farmer's Daughter Hotel in L.A. We particularly liked how clean and modern the hotel is and also how it is located within walking distance of so many stores and restaurants! I totally recommend this hotel without hesitation!
1 night trip with friends Apr 2, 2013
Lisa W.
"Unique boutique hotel in a good location"
The location of the hotel is great. It's right across from the Farmers Market (great place to grab something to eat) and from The Grove (great place to shop, especially if you're a tourist). There are also some grocery stores and pharmacies that are easy to walk to. It's also pretty easy to drive to other places (Beverly Hills, Hollywood, etc). Valet parking, in and out, is about $20/day and wifi is free. Important things to note: Check in is at 4pm. Pretty late by hotel standards. Also, I'd suggest bringing your own water, as the tap water tastes pretty chlorine-y and the bottle of water in the room is $4! There are also 2 buildings, 1 is across the street. I'd suggest requesting a room in the main building. A lot of reviews said this place was just a renovated motel. It is. However, it at least tries to add some unique character with the decoration, service and amenities. The three main things I'd suggest is (1) Better housekeeping - there were some hairs underneath the denim bed cover when we checked in (2) Better front desk training when guests have a problem/issue with the room (3) Better pillows. Those were some seriously lumpy pillows.
Other trip Apr 7, 2013
"Can't go wrong with Farmers Daughter"
This is hands down the best spot to stay in LA!!! It is literally steps from amazing shopping and restaurants! The farmers market has a huge variety of different foods!!!!! So important to rent a car when in LA....from the Farmers Daughter everything is only a 20 minute beautiful drive away!!!!! The rooms are so eclectic and the Tart restaurant is simply amazing!!!! The view from our room was the Hollywood sign....such a fantastic boutique hotel!!!!
4 night romance trip Mar 29, 2013
"almost perfect"
everything was wonderful except for the front desk, who's attitude was cold and did not inform us the room was ready even we were just waiting at the lobby. we went early and did not get to check in until 4:10. most hotels let you check in when there is room available even before check in time.
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2013
"Very Disappointed"
The food was very good in the Hotel. The room was clean. We had asked for a wake up call they never called and woke us up. When we woke up in the morning to take a shower there was no power in the bathroom and outside the bathroom. So half the room did not have any power. The Hotel really did nothing to take care of this.
1 night trip Mar 24, 2013
"lots of touristy fun within walking distance"
Farmer's Daughter is stylish, cool and friendly. We walked everywhere from there: the Farmer's Market, the Grove, the museums on Wilshire, and Canter's. I would definitely stay here again!
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2013
AnnaEsMuy
"Just an old motel with a fresh coat of paint"
While the location of Farmer's Daughter was incredibly convenient, my husband and I were very disappointed with our stay. We were placed in a room in a building that is very much old-school motel style, with the only windows facing the external walkway. The wood floors and all of the concrete meant the room was very loud. The bathrooms are old. And though it was relatively reasonably priced for LA, we would have preferred to sacrifice location for a nicer room in a different hotel or paid a little bit more. Perhaps this hotel would be ok, for a very short stay, but we stayed almost a week and were pretty unhappy.
6 night business trip Mar 18, 2013
Rachel
"Convenient but not comfortable"
The restaurant was delicious for brunch. The room was satisfactory and priced accordingly for the location. We chose it because it was very close where we needed to be to visit family and go to an event. But not very comfortable. Probably won't stay there again. Very cute and homey decorations though.
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2013
Love this place!!
Business trip Mar 19, 2013
Alexa
"worked for us"
looks better on the inside than the outside. turned out to be nice place. great location if you are going to the Price is Right taping, across the street, walking distance. Hotel does charge to park the car though, one nights cost $19. would recommend to friends for clean safe place to stay.
Other trip Mar 4, 2013
Marilyn
"Excellent design and details"
Farmers daughter hotel and the restaurant are an excellent example of great style, and attention to detail and humor with a low budget but great taste. It is not luxurious but it's the best for the price. I always stay here.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2013
The employees were very pleasant. Thank you for a nice stay.
1 night trip Feb 18, 2013
Deborah
"great location if you can deal with old grout"
we cruised to LA for a soundgarden concert. figured staying across from the grove would be super convenient, which it was. valet was easy. check-in was easy. interior at first glance is interesting. but the hotel didn't do much as far as bathroom renovations, and the tile and grout are old, crusty, and generally, not that cool. price was right, though and it suited us just fine.
1 night trip with friends Feb 16, 2013
mp
"Decent little motel"
Location is very good. This is just an old 50's roadside motel that has been refurbished and updated. Decor is country, and very cheap. I think it is a little overpriced for what you get. However, it was clean and when I had a problem in the room, maintenance was there within 15 minutes.
Other trip Feb 19, 2013
Pete
"Cool little hotel!"
GREAT location and cute little pocket of cool in LA. Right across the street from Farmer's Market, CBS Studios, The Grove. There's a Trader Joe's close by as well - a short drive to LACMA, The Peterson Auto Museum, The Beverly Center. About 15-20 minute drive on surface streets to LAX. Not a high amenity hotel however wifi is free and the room includes a mini-fridge, coffeemaker and flatscreen TV. Staff is very friendly and helpful - no LA attitude here! Would definitely stay again!
2 night business trip Feb 5, 2013
"Loved It"
We loved our stay at the Farmer's Daughter. Very clean rooms, great restaurant, very friendly staff. We will definitely go back.
4 night trip Jan 17, 2013
MJH
"Great location and love the Tart restaurant."
Love the no carpet theme in the place, paper in the lounge, caramels and the Tart place next door. ALL employees were very friendly and helpful. One of my most favorite places to stay! Will come again........
3 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2013
Martha
"Good Location"
Okay, yes if hardwood floors creep you out than this is not your place. If you can get past that as I guess we did cause we really only needed a place to sleep, it wasn't bad. Place was very noisy in the morning which for us was New Years Day. Maybe quieter at other times. Now the good part...Right across the street from the Grove, Farmers Market and anything else you might need not to mention close to the happenings in the Hollywood area. The restaurant Tart was very good and not really expensive. In warmer weather it might be nice to sit outside and enjoy a meal. I paid too much as I was desperate for a NYE place to stay. So I would only stay here again if I paid half or less than what I paid.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2012
M. S.
"Great Location for Vacationers"
The hotel was very nice with an extremely helpful staff and a location that made it easy to get to places around Hollywood. If you are interested in shopping, the Farmer's Market/The Grove is right across the street so there is plenty to do if you have a free night. Second, if you are interested in attending the "Price is Right" game show, you can't get a better place to book a hotel than this one. We went to the show and just walked a half-a-block to the entrance. Since parking is always interesting around LA, being able to walk was a very nice feature. Finally, we had never been to LA so we were interested in the "Hop-On, Hop-Off" buses and the Farmer's Market was one of there stops. So we had a nice bus tour around LA and once again, only had to walk across the street to catch the bus. We could almost go without a car for the four nights we stayed. Rooms were cleaned daily, the theme of the hotel was cute and free Wi-Fi was helpful. Hotel looks like it needs a remodeling soon but the curious staff, valet service and great location more than makes up for this minor inconvenience. Until they raise the room prices, this is a great deal for your money.
3 night romance trip Dec 8, 2012
The hotel was great. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We went to go on the Price is Right so the hotel was perfect. Right across the street from CBS studios. There was always chips or cookies in the lobby. It's right across the street from the Farmers Market also. A great place to hang out and shop.
Other trip Dec 5, 2012
Shelly
"Overall good place to stay, but needs some updates"
This place was obviously an old motel that they converted into Farmer's Daughter. Rather than upgrading everything, they decided to just give it a funky face lift. It is edgy and fun, with big rubber ducks floating in the pool, edgy do not disturb signs, fresh baked cookies every afternoon, ping pong table...you get the picture. So, it is a little run down, but clean. And a fantastic location - you can't beat it. Right across from the Grove, next to Trader Joes, a block away from Whole Foods. We'd definitely stay there again. Only issue was with very slow draining shower (meaning you were standing in water by the end of your shower). Again, they didn't invest a lot of money in the place, like replacing old plumbing that obviously is old and needs to be replaced. The bathroom could stand some updates, as well as the decorations in the rooms. But all in all it was a good place to stay
Other trip Nov 30, 2012
"disappointing"
came to stay after checking out the photos and what I had heard. It's a cool hotel, but given the price I paid I was hoping for something a bit more special than a Motel 6 turned hipster cabana. The location is great, right across from The Grove, and walking distance to many good restaurants. However I found hairs in the bathtub, and in a few other places. Think they could have cleaned and made the bathrooms a bit nicer...On the plus the lobby area had some fun surprises like the Art-O-Mat handmade art vending machine, a ping pong table, + cookies upon arriving.
1 night business trip Nov 15, 2012
CaliSurfer
"Okay place"
The location was pretty good, just across the road from Farmers Market, which has fresh food for sale, as well as having a few specialty stores plus Nordstrum. Good range of movies playing at the theatres at Farmers Market. The view we had was of the rear of a building. We had a room on the 2nd floor and this was quite noisy, hearing every step the people above us made. Lucky I had ear plugs plus sleep mask as the curtains did nothing to block out the light. Parking was valet only and these guys were very friendly and fast. The reception staff didn't go out of their way to make our stay special. Just a pretty average place.
7 night trip Oct 15, 2012
pro151v
"Like staying at home but with service"
We loved the food at the restaurant. The staff was extremely friendly and always offered more than you expected. They helped out with taxi reservations, gave you chocolatchip cookies every day, had homemade food that tasted very good, had a very relaxing atmosphere outside in the common areas and was very close to nice shopping areas (the Grove).
4 night trip Sep 17, 2012
"Great for business travel"
Very cool place, great location, and good food at the restaurant attached.
Other trip Sep 21, 2012
Ben
"good located hotel in LA"
I went there not expecting much from the hotel but the price and the location were good. smelly bed sheets, noisy room. close to farmer's market which is a nice place to spend time and shop.
Other trip Sep 19, 2012
Mehmet
"Great location, great service"
Loved the location of this hotel, it was perfect for what I needed. Close to the Farmer's Market, the Grove and 3rd Street. My room was spacious and had a mini-fridge so I could stock it full of snacks. The only minor complaint I have is there was no carpet in the hotel room, adding to the "rustic chic" feel of the hotel. I would absolutely stay here again.
4 night business trip Sep 10, 2012
"Very Cute Boutique Hotel"
Hotel had a lot of perks. Free internet, complimentary bottle of waters when you check in, lemonade and warm chocolate chip cookies in the lobby! Hotel had a great location. Walking distance from lots of shops and restaurants. The bathroom could use a bit of an upgrade but overall it was very clean which is the most important thing.
3 night trip Sep 6, 2012