All hotels in Gros Islet, St. Lucia

"Picture post card perfect"
Great place to stay did the all inclusive after driving a rental car from the UVF airport couldn't have been more happy great food great service everyone was very pleasant and treated us great unlike the same type of place in Mexico. Also they had nightly entertainment which also very good. Another plus with the all inclusive was the motorized water sports were also inlcluded which almost never part of the package, water skiing , tubing, and twice daily snorkel trips
7 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
"Nice all inclusive family beach front resort"
My high light is that they advertise free internet in all rooms and it actually worked well. Excellent WIFI through the resort.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
It's was wonderful in so many ways. You can find better food outside of the hotel at Rodney Bay - the short and very affordable taxi ride is worth it if you want very good food to go with a memorable vacation.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Excellent Beach Vacation"
Staff at Windjammer was very friendly and accomodating. Facility was well maintained and operated. Beach was beautiful, plenty of activites, restaurants were decent.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Beyond our wildest dreams!"
It was the most relaxing and enjoyable resort experience I have ever had in my life
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Great resort and location"
The resort location was great and the views from the rooms were spectacular. The resort is situated on a relatively private cove with a nice beach. The villas are located on different levels on the side of a hill. Depending on how high up you would need to take the shuttle service which was fun and the wait was usually only a couple of minutes. The restaurants were all located with great views of the ocean. We got a free upgrade to a private villa with a pool that was very nice as well. We met a lot of couples that had been coming to the Windjammer for many years. We are planning to go back again - maybe with friends or the kids next time.
"Great complex, beach, restaurants and activities."
Overall very pleased with stay. Biggest complaint is that our Room 101B did not look anything like the photo on the website, was small and had a villa above it with paper thin walls. Truly could hear their conversations. Did not spend much time in room and was pleased with everything else. Staff, hammocks in water, catamaran sail... All excellent. Very good meals at papa dons and filet mignon at upper deck. Beautiful grounds and super friendly staff.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Great time at a fun resort! I would highly recommend.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
I went to St. Lucia to relax and that is what I did. Whether I stayed in my room, hit the beach or went to one of the on resort restaurants, every situation was laid back. Staff is very helpful and attentive to guest needs and my room with Ocean view balcony were perfect.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
silvia
"Amazing Hotel with Views to 'Die-For'!"
Windjammer Landing was an excellent choice for us. A very spacious room with separate living room, kitchen, large walk-in closet, beautiful bedroom and a fantastic patio with views that led your eyes all the way to Martinique. Pools through out the tropical hillside complex, multiple restaurants and bars. Dive shop on side. Eastern Caribbean Dive Shop - an excellent and very well educated outfit with caring dive masters that make your dive a great experience. Water sports on side. We would go back in a heart beat.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Petra
"Paradise"
There is only one word to describe this place... paradise. My husband and I stayed at the Windjammer Landing Resort from January 20th to the 25th. The resort was very relaxing and very convenient. There is no need to leave the resort unless you do one of the fantastic day trips they offer. The staff was very pleasant and completely understand that you are on vacation and that you are there to relax. There are five different restaurants at the resort. Although we did not purchase a meal plan (which the price was a little steep) we were able to dine and each and every single restaurant at a decent costs. Our favorite restaurant was Don Papa's which is on top of the hill and overlooks a magnificent ocean view. I wouldn't mind coming back to the Windjammer Landing for our next vacation.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"the price isn't worth the accommodations"
The hotel properties are lovely, the rooms are clean and spacious - however we paid approx $370 a night per room - for that price I expected something fancier then I got. It said ocean view which it was - and the view was nice but the room was not at all like the picture of the bed's with the 4 posts big white rooms we'd seen on the website. For that price anywhere else we'd stay we would have a better. The view was amazing though. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The food at the hotel was average at best. The first night we ate we spent about $75 for a light dinner and the food was atrocious - we were turned off to the food at the hotel. However we had lunch on a different day at the hotel and it was a bit better. The big problem with the hotel is that its located at least a $15 cab ride away from anywhere (about 1.5 miles just to get off the property) - so if we want to go out for breakfast, lunch dinner or any excursion we had to add $30 at least to the price of our meal to account for the taxi. We couldn't walk anywhere because the area outside of the hotel is poorly lit - and at least 1.5 miles to get out of the property -- and then after that we'd have to actually get somewhere. We decided against renting a car because most days we either stayed on the beach by the hotel - or did a pre-scheduled excursion a car wasn't necessary - but that is assuming you plan to eat a lot at the hotel or don't care to spend $30 any time you want to eat off the property.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"Beautiful resort on the beach."
My wife and I stayed for a week for our 2 year anniversary and loved it. The rooms are more of a villa style, amazing views and aesthetically beautiful. You need to walk about 5 minutes to the beach and main lodge but shuttles are available all day and are very prompt. We called and had a shuttle a minute after hanging up the phone. Very friendly staff and extremely helpful. Whatever it takes, get 'all inclusive' as there are no exclusions. You can order anything on the menu at the 5 restaurants and the food is pretty good. Awesome drink selection. Bottom line, if we can afford to go back we will. This was one of the best places I've ever stayed. Great for couples and families alike.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Excellent Everything"
Absolutely amazing resort. Staff were genuinely extremely friendly and helpful especially Lindon, and all the front lobby staff and ambassadors. All staff were willing to go above and beyond to make staying here an absolute paradise. Excursions were well worth the money and the tour staff were all friendly and really got everyone involved. Food was delicious for an all inclusive resort. The staff here made my engagement to my fiancee top of the line and they showed that they really care about making you happy. I don't have any negative comments about this resort. I've seen negative comments about the hills but if you plan well then if you call for a shuttle they show up in minutes. I have seen negative comments about the wait for the food...but hey your on vacation....what's the hurry...have a drink and wait. One recommendation is more umbrellas or cover for chairs on the beach. Also thank you for the comp upgrade for rooms as this was another great addition to my engagement. Couldn't ask for anything more from Windjammer...people that have negative comments on here are people that won't be happy anywhere. Ten out of five stars from me.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Surrounded by Nature"
This property is surrounded by natural beauty, sand,sea,nature. They are all about making the customer happy even if they need to change their schedule. Activities are pleanty for adults, teens and children. One must understand the island is practically a rain forest. There are frequent and short lived bursts of rain durations, Umbrellas are provided. The topography of the hotel is in a mountain side. One must be able to climb some stair steps. It has a Mediterranean feel mixed with tropical charm.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Happy Traveler
Had an amazing stay at the windjammer the view, food, room and staff were amazing! Can't wait to go back!!
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Great Vacation"
We loved Windjammer. Great food and drink options on the property. The spa is lovely. The beach is great for kids.
3 night trip Jul 23, 2014
"All inclusive is the way to go!!!!"
It was the best time!! Everyone was great and the food was fantastic!!! :)
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Lovely resort"
This was our first visit to Windjammer, and found it to be a very nice resort. All the staff we came in contact with were friendly and attentive. This resort is on a hillside with sea views from every unit. Our room was one of the more accessible, though it was still a steep hike down to the beach and restaurants. Other than our initial arrival, we opted to walk up and down the hill, but it appeared that most people opted for a shuttle to get to their room or villa. Our room and the facilities and grounds all appeared to be very well kept with a good staff-to-guest ratio. We dined at the Dragonfly and Jammers while we were there and were happy with the experience. If we were to return to St. Lucia, we would stay here again.
2 night romance trip May 26, 2014
Dawn
"Great hotel with amazing views"
We vacationed at Windjammer Landing for 5 days and were so impressed with the resort; some of the reviews that I read indicated that the shuttle service was slow. We were amazed at how prompt the shuttle was and how courteous all the resort employees were. All of the villas has the most beautiful views. We loved the location of our villa as well as the private roof top patio that overlooked the main pool and amenity area as well as the blue waters and beyond.
Other trip May 22, 2014
Robin
"Okay resort far away from everything"
I originally purchased a queen suite, but had to add a person, so they told me I would get a room with two twin beds. I thought they meant two double beds, but these twin beds were much smaller than a standard twin. The water pressure is horrible, and not so hot water from the sink. The rooms were just okay and outdated. The spa was dingy and uninviting. We dined at all the restaurants and the food was mediocre at each. This is a 3 star resort.
Other trip May 16, 2014
Tricia
"Not a relaxing Resort. Not a great beach."
The air conditioner in our room leaked or flooded the room 5 days out of 6 days during our stay. If you are looking for relaxed evenings this is not the place you are looking for. They play loud music at bar/restaurant from 8 to 10:30PM every night. You will hear this music in your room and the only way to escape is to rent a car and actually plan on being out of the resort during that time in the evening! BEACH: very small and the area you can swim in is the size of a pool and looks like a playpen.
6 night trip Mar 17, 2014
Fiona
"Nice hotel resort with several activities"
I enjoyed the hotel and the staff were very friendly and helpful. There are a lot of activities on the premises. If you are looking for a hotel though for single adults I wouldn't recommend this hotel. There are alot of families and kids.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
Laurie
"Nice hotel,close to the beach"
Steep climb to the rooms,Bed was uncomfortable lumpy. Our camera battery was pinched when the case was left with the reception. Taxi rates were high to and from airport and other attractions.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
Ashok
"Very Nice"
I arrived to the hotel with a swollen ankle. The cashier at the convenience store noticed me limping and sent the hotel nurse to my room. The nurse arrived with the head of guest services who moved us to a more conveniently located room and frequently checked on us. The nurse was very attentive, icing my ankle, brought me crutches, and following up with me every day. I explained to the staff that I did not have a fall at the resort but they were insistent in making sure I enjoyed my stay. The food and drinks were great. It is worth it to sign up for the all inclusive plan!!! The spa was WONDERFUL! My husband and I enjoyed two days of massages and body wraps. The spa staff were very professional and just made us feel comfortable from the moment we walked in. It was a great trip, we wished we could've stayed longer.
Other trip Nov 6, 2013
JDerouin
"Just perfect"
Everything that I needed was avaliable at the click of a finger. The beautiful scenery, the nice staff, all made for a relaxing and enjoyable experience. A true Caribbean resort experience.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Q
"Service with a smile"
Enjoyed every day, meals, activities, Villa #20AB, lovely ocean view room from your bed, good customer service. A Very Special Thank you to Marla, Gemma, Travis(jazzy), Sharon and all the staff who made our experience a wonderful one. Looking forward to returning soon!
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
"Everything about this hotel was very pleasing"
Entire staff was very friendly, and anxious to please. Good food, good drinks, good activities.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Great Resort!"
My wife and I had a great time at the Windjammer. The friendly staff took excellent care of us.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Erich
"Relaxing vacation"
Hotel very nice and staff very helpful. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa with plunge pool. We got one of the ones with the open air concept, we were very hot most of the time, and had AC only in the bedrooms. There were other villas with AC that did not have open air concept and would have preferred one of those. The view was really nice and loved the plunge pool. Our villa did not have a washer and dryer when others did, this was a bit of an inconvience. Be prepared to walk unless you take one of the shuttles they have continuously going, but that is part of the charm for the outstanding views. The location was great, close to Rodney Bay and Castries, about $15 to $20 each way. Make sure you eat at Big Chef the best food on Island and one of the best meals we have had in a long time.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
"Awesome Carribean stay!"
Stayed three days for a wedding; 26 people total for wedding travelers. Staff had incredible customer service and remembered our names and itinerary around the rehearsals and wedding! Lynn and Mel, the wedding planners, accommodated our requests and executed the wedding preparation excellently! Even working with us the 48 hours prior to guest arrival from the US with a few accommodation/guest number changes. Resort's wedding photographer was incredible - I would fly him to the US for an event! Serenity Spa was nice, complimentary foot massage, updos for the wedding were beautiful, but would not recommend getting makeup application done there. Rooms & Villas were spacious, clean, and well stocked with comfort items and linens. Pools and hot tub were located conveniently next to most of our rooms. Shuttle service around resort was always prompt. Felt safe on the site. Beach was beautiful with many complimentary water activities and a floating dock off shore! Food service was the only lacking aspect; food took so long to come to the table at Embers&Dragonfly restaurants. All requests were met; even a last minute reservation for three to the helipad to take the helicopter to UVF for flight home! Definitely recommend Windjammer for a stay in St. Lucia!
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
"Highly recommend!"
Our stay was amazing! Every meal we had was fantastic, the staff was wonderful and we had an incredible time.
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
"A Fantastic Stay to Remember"
My wife and I were blown away by the professionalism and overall treatment given by the entire staff of the resort.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Donovan
"Beautiful resort on the beach"
The Windjammer is a beautiful resort that offered everything we wanted - right on the beach, great facilities, clean villa with balcony, very friendly and helpful staff, nice variety of bars and restaurants, fun activities. Would definitely recommend it.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
Isabelle
"Very good resort"
Hotel is beautiful built into the side of a mountain with every room having fantastic views of the ocean. Service was uniformly excellent and they went above and beyond several times. Beach is large with some nice slides/platforms for kids. Water was fantastic with no waves. We ate at all the resort restaurants and food was pretty good, but nothing amazing. Main drawbacks are that the resort is a bit dated (built 30 years ago, but very well maintained) and that not too far into the water the sand ends and rocks and seaweed begin. Its not a problem, but its why I rated the resort a 4 and not a 5. My wife and I had a fantastic time and I would definitely recommend the resort.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Vadim
"Island honeymoon"
A most enjoyable stay! The room was close to the beach. We had a clever 'congratulations' waiting for us in our room as requested. Restaurants at the resort were outstanding with each offering a unique menu.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Ken
"A wonderful resort right on the beach!"
I had an amazing time and was blown away by the views, and my accommodations. The service was phenomenal.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
"Excellent Adult Resort"
We stayed for a week at Windjammer for our honeymoon. From the moment that we arrived, we received nothing less than friendliness, professionalism, and outstanding resort condtions. The restaurants are delicious and the staff makes you feel welcome and relaxed. The resort provides a large, raked-daily beach area with many water sports to choose from. The crowd at Windjammer is one for families and adult couples- we did not have problems with loud, irresponsible people who just wanted to party (I'm saying this even though my husband and I are not older than 25). We were looking for a relaxed tropical paradise to honeymoon and we found it here.
Other trip Jun 21, 2013
"Good Resort Overall"
The staff was excellent! The beach is clean. A good variety of restaurants with excellent food. With the enviroment being humid, they need to hire a professional to clean and maintain their air conditioning units. We couldn't use ours, because it was contaminated with mold growth.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
"Customer service"
I get to the hotel qnd they give me a two bed in a room for my wife and I.and it took 2:30 for them tk fix the ptoblem.next day it took over an hour to get a shettle I call the desk over 4 time and the same thing they tell me some one will be there in ten mins not a good experience
Other trip May 12, 2013
"Beautiful Hillside Resort"
The layout of the resort with separate buildings built into the hills was beautiful. It gave you a feeling of more privacy & seclusion. Our partial ocean view room had a great view and a separate deck with two lounge chairs. The large walk-in shower was great. Shuttle service to and from our hill side room was always timely so access to restaurants & beach was always easy. The beach area had more than adequate lounge chairs & shade. Great resort we highly recommend it.
Other trip Apr 27, 2013
"Most Relaxing Vacation Ever ... Amazing Views"
Had great experience. Not a luxury hotel. Room is simple, but very nice, clean, & comfortable, &had everything we needed. Liked the wired internet cable... no wireless internet service interruptions. Room views were best ever because of hillside placement of the villas, &large tiled patio off the room was enjoyable. Get up early to get chair with umbrella. Didn't care for the ocean water off the hotel. No waves and not enough clearing of the water, because you're in a little cove. Also a little rocky. It's good if you have kids. But we left the resort a few times to check out other beaches which were much better. Hotel lets you take out non-motorized equipment for free. We took out kayaks & snorkel equipment, & it was great. Gym is small but sufficient & we enjoyed most days. There were only a few people in there at a time & you might have to wait for a treadmill, but it wasn't bad,& never crowded. Enough restaurants on-site to satisfy you for a wk... a bit pricey, but taking a cab off-site just to eat wouldn't make financial sense. Poolside restaurant perfect for a sandwich. Drinks are not watered down. Otherwise, the food was not amazing... good enough. Mostly enjoyed The Dragonfly. When we were off-site, we found some delicious local eateries, which were cheap. Service is very slow but they are nice. Left our room safe open one day, & staff secured our valuables, including my 3ct diamond engagement ring. Honest people. Resort is best for couples and families.
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
TheHobokenDream
"Near city but not in city"
Taxis, hotel booked tours, or rental car (as in our case) for movement. You can't really walk to anything outside the resort. Shuttle vans take you from the main area to your lodging or you can walk, but it is a bit steep.The hotel resort has just about everything as a remote beach resort. The staff and food were excellent. If you are a big eater or drinker, the all inclusive is a good deal. If your neither, then the no-meal plan and pay as you go is better and you can then go to other places for some of your meals. Snorkeling and diving excursions are available at their dock as well as motorized and non-motorized water equipment.
3 night trip Mar 7, 2013
Harry
Beach is very crowded especially as they allow cruise ship day-trippers. Ugh. In room coffee maker is no where near a plug, so one has to place coffee maker on floor. Annoying. Everyone on staff was extremely friendly but getting something is definitely on "island time".
7 night romance trip Feb 19, 2013
"Great room but terrible food and server service."
The property itself is beautiful and the rooms are quite nice with huge semi - private balconies that have great views and even greater breezes blowing across them. I could sit out there all night. The rooms were kept clean and the maid service was excellent. On the down side: not easy/convenient to leave the facility for either breakfast or lunch. You need to take the shuttle from wherever you are to the lobby and if you are in your room it may take a while for them to arrive. As a result, you end up eating in the facility. The food and service are poor. There were 6 of us and numerous meals were either sent back or at least complained about. It took forever to get a server and to get served which is probably due to the tip being included in the bill and shared amongst all of the staff -- no personal accountability was witnessed. All in all, it was a good vacation but I would not go back.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
Al
"a Perfect Place for Families"
I visited St. Lucia with my 13-year old son and 19-year old daughter - everything went perfectly - the location, staff, things to do, comfort - all were A1. I strongly recommend this place for families with kids - We stayed in 2-bedreoom villa that was very open architecture and felt at home the minute we arrive there… the service was truly transparent… Simply, we had a great time and enjoyed our stay. Please make sure to think twice before climbing the Gross Piton mountain - it is a rough 2-mile almost vertical climb.
Other trip Jan 10, 2013
"Trip of a lifetime"
I recently just spent 7 days at the WIndjammer for my honeymoon. The pictures do not do the resort justice, because it is extremely beautiful. Everything from the landscaping to the attitude of the staff was unparallelled. I cannot emphasize how perfect the stay was for my wife and myself. While also touring the island we had a chance to stop and have drinks at other resorts on the island. The resorts were neither as nice, nor did they have the same easy and well designed layout that the Windjammer had. Food can be very pricey from day to day, so I would recommend all inclusive package.
Other trip Oct 3, 2012
"Excellent, full service resort in a great location"
Excellent service including room service, transportation, concierge. On-site restaurants provide a variety of menus at reasonable prices. Plenty of sights to explore on the island. If you're staying a week or more, we suggest renting a vehicle, Taxi service can be expensive. If you like staying put and just relaxing, the resort is quite self contained.
Other trip Sep 27, 2012
Jack
"STINKS"
OUR ROOM WAS NEVER CLEANED THE ENTIRE STAY, WE ORDERED ROOM SERVICE FOR DINNER 1 EVENING AND THE DISHES & LEFTOVER FOOD WAS STILL THERE WHEN WE CHECKED OUT. THE STAFF AT THE RESTAURANT FOR BREAKFAST WAS NOT FRIENDLEY AT ALL. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE ENTIRE STAY AT WINDJAMMER
Other trip Sep 20, 2012
"Absolutely beautiful resort!"
Highly recommend staying at Windjammer!
5 night romance trip Aug 25, 2012