All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
2362 North Fremont St, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.4
    2.5
    2.2
The hotel room was a bit dingy, dust acculumlated in the corners, cleaning product residue in the bathroom, holes in the towels. We stayed there because we waited too long to book a hotel and it was just about the only place left. Its one redeeming quality was the service of the hotel manager/owner. He was very friendly and hospitable.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Christina
"Cheap"
Poorly functioning and noisy plumbing. No ice machine. Old and run down. Wouldn't recommend but cheap place to sleep.
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
"do NOTstay there...I wouldn't tell my worst enemy"
Worst hotel I ever been to...
3 night trip May 13, 2015
"Never stay here!"
Really bad neighborhood with drug addicts and homeless people hanging around.
1 night trip with friends Apr 16, 2015
Motel is ok for a place to rest. Not particularly clean, but the fireplace was nice
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Happy
"Nice for a quick stop"
Staff was extremely friendly and helpful! The room was very small and out dated. Their was an iron imprint on the carpet. Bedding was old looking and less then desire able. We stopped just to sleep and it was perfect for doing that I wouldn't stay more than one night tho.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
steve
"THIS PLACE SUCKS !!!!!!!!!"
THE PLACE WAS SOOO DIRTY AND NOT CLEAN, I WOULD RATHER SLEEP IN THE PARKING LOT THAN STAY HERE.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
RICKY
"Geat price order fast this place sells out fast."
Owner or manager very nice and patient. Felt bad had to knock on door late as we our key he was ver gracious.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
alan
"No frills night's sleep"
After reading lots of Expedia and Trip Advisor reviews, I was just hoping to be able to stay in the room. :) the bathroom was spacious and clean. The fireplace was nice. The motel court felt safe. The room smelled clean. The edges were definitely cruddy with dust and fuzz. The chair by the fireplace - well the wife wouldn't even set the luggage on it. LOL. The fridge smelled too strongly of cleanser to use. The ice machine (across the parking lot) put out great, clean ice. We slept well. You probably will, too. For cheap, close to town, simple lodging this did fine. If you're squeamish, spend the extra quid and go to a chain motel. We love supporting "mom and pop's" we would probably stay in a motel like this again.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
jeanne
"Nice and cozy"
The room was clean and the staff were friendly. It didn't have the extras like a coffee pot in the room but it was a nice place to sleep.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
L
"Monterey beaches vacation"
our stay was great the management is really helpful the room was great my kids loved it and the other great part is that it had two beds
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
Veronica
"Stay away!"
The room smelled horrible, there was dirt in all the corners, the chair had stains on it, the toilet seat was broken, the lamp shade was crushed, the molding was coming off the wall, and there were bedbugs!
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
beachlover
"Felt like the walls we paper thin"
On our first morning was woken up to the manager banging on one of the customers doors and then they procedded to get into a shouting match about paying the bill...I thought I might need to call the cops:( Peoples were coming and going at all hours so it made me wonder exactly what all was going on there. Thought we might end up leaving with bed bugs--the.carpets.were.NASTY-- I wore my shoes the whole time....
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
back to visit f
"Easy choice for a quick trip"
The owners/ staff were very kind and helpful. The place was conveniently located and easy to get to. Not the fanciest of places but comfortable and had a nice gas fireplace in the room. I would definitely go back. Too small for a lot of people but great for traveling alone or with one other.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Less than a zero star"
The hotel room was filthy. There is nothing I could find good about the stay. I was moved from one bad room to another.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2015
Warren
Room was dirty. There was a terrible odor in the room.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Aweful experience"
We were visiting Monetery in the last weekend and stayed in the hotel for a night. The rooms are really small and not at all look like what it shows up in the pictures. They are below ordinary. The bathroom was dirty and smelled really bad. The complementary breakfast was happened to be one piece of muffin or so and some really really dilute cheap coffee. We are really disappointed with the overall experience.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
Debojit
"Low quality service"
I don't recommend. After booked price get increased many taxes and charged without previous notice; bad coffee break served in a small room/table for all guests.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Silvio
"Dirty"
Worn out and dirty, paint and carpets and bad plumbing
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
joe
"The bed was clean and the staff were great"
The room was so dirty, especially around the edges. The lights and electricity didn't work well. I hated to walk around barefooted. I dropped a hair clip near the toilet and it landed on the floor, and I really, really hated to pick it up. I let it soak for a few minutes in hot water and then washed it. There wasn't a coffee pot in the room, nor a hair dryer. These are normal items usually found in a hotel room. I had to move the lamps to read by the table. It just wasn't conclusive to relaxed stay. I only need a place to sleep and coffee in the morning. the rest of the time, I spend with family and I was very disappointed with this room. If I hadn't pre-paid, I would have found another hotel for the rest of my stay.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Traveler
"short notice but nice"
the hotel is now brown and white the landscaping was beautiful for the time of year.the hotel manager was a very very nice man. the continental breakfast was coffee orange juice and a muffin good starter before you go to breakfast.the room could have been vacuumed a little better.we will stay there again if we can't get a room on the waterfront. the fireplace kept the room warm all night.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Not coming back"
I was only planning to stay for one night in Monterey on this weekend and I decided I'll book a cheap hotel for a night. The person minding the office is a very nice man, he even let me print out a voucher that I forgot at home. But the condition of the rooms are not in very good condition, molds in the bathroom, old sheets it was unpleasant, they could do cery well if they upgrade furnitures and sheet. The TV is still that big tube thingy.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
"just a pillow"
if your looking for a place to lay your head, this place will do nothing fancy, just a place to rest for the night nothing more nothing less
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
jj
The room was very dirty, particularly steps type back of the bed and night stands. The carpet was matted. The pillows were the thinnest I have ever seen. I would never stay there again.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Aretha
"Mold in the shower"
Aweful place to stay. Not a real cont. breakfast and rooms are gross. Make sure to sleep ontop of the sheets.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
Even though you didn't have that ocean view you want in a hotel I enjoyed it. The fireplace was nice an romantic. And your right around the block from Fisherman's Wharf . Not a bad location . All in all I enjoyed my stay
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Serena
"If needing a place to stay it will do."
Beds are comfy but rooms are basic and very dated. Also the complementary breakfast is a quarter slice of muffin. No fruit or anything just a quarter slice of muffin. They might as well not say breakfast at all. Internet was slow. But if you have to stay some where it was ok for a night. Would look at other places next time.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Ben
"it was terrible, the room is really dirty."
The room was really dirty, the furniture was broken and super old and needs to re-inovative. The service was extremely bad.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Alex
"cheap, outdated, smelly motel"
cheap, outdated, smelly motel in a bad part of town. would not stay there again.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"A pleasant stay"
I was just passing through Monterey heading towards Yosemite NP and I needed an inexpensive hotel for the night. This place worked out just fine. The check in was quick, the room was nice for the price, and I had no problems here whatsoever.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"Never Again"
This was the worst say ever.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Reasonable price"
It was a good place to stay. Not bad for a couple nights. Clean rooms. Friendly service. I'll come back again.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Bring you own supplies"
This motel was shelter. I will say the manager was very welcoming and he did tell us there would be a breakfast in the morning and there were muffins and orange juice and coffee. The King size bed came with small pillows and my husband stated he felt like we were camping! LOL! The price was the reason we chose to stay here. I guess it's true that you get what you pay for. We had a roof over our heads and a place to lay our heads. Just make sure you bring your own pillows, soap, shampoo and whatever else you may need. The fireplace was lovely!
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
JillS
"Run down and no effort made to make the rooms nice"
It was an unusually warm day and the room did not have A/C. It was a little stuffy until the sun went down. The room looked like a thrift store. The furniture was beat up and décor was old. With just a little effort this motel could be cute. Owner or manager was nice, but needs to spend a little money updating. With tax, it came to $73 for a night. It was way overpriced, but that goes with the area.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"Inexpensive hotel in Monterey."
Very nice motel manager. Room was inexpensive and clean. Air conditioner was not working, so it was too warm at night.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Bea
Everything was nice
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
"Dirty Inn"
The Inn was very dirty and had a horrible smell. We did not spend the night but still charged. I would not recommend this inn to anyone.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Samantha
"$217 for cheap hotel"
I paid $217 for a cheap hotel because there was a concert nearby. This place shouldn't charge more than $80 a night. Mold in the bathrooms, no hot water in the sink, curtains didn't close all the way to shut out the bright parking lot lights. I wouldn't stay here again.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Angela
"Terrible"
Don't usually complain, but this place was bad. One night only, don't stay if your going to spend ,ore than one night.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Disappointing and Over-Priced"
The furniture was falling apart--the desk drawer had been broken out of the desk, for example. The carpet was thin, stained, damaged. Walls hadn't been painted in many years. The room was so dingy that it was hard to tell the level of cleanliness. There were flimsy towels, though clean. It had soft beds, old pillows. We knew it would be expensive to stay in Monterey at this time of year, but this was painful given the poor quality. The hotel manager was very kind and gracious, which offset our impression slightly.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Suzanne
"OMG"
Easily one of the most disgusting places I've ever stayed. There were holes in the walls that were "patched" with taped pieces of paper. The door had a hand written note on it that said, "OPEN" with an arrow pointing upwards. (BTW, the door lock didn't work properly. It either didn't open after it was unlocked, or it didn't lock. I ended up propping a chair against the door when I went to sleep.) The shower had the instructions, "pull hard" written in marker above the handle. Oh, and no AC. It was a very, very disgusting place and a horrible start to a week-long road trip.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"ok for overnight stay"
its worth the price, i just stayed overnight, the attendant was friendly n nice.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
"Would never stay here again!"
The pictures on the web are very old when it was called the Blue Lagoon. It's now brown without the colorful landscape. The room was very old and the floors were very dirty. There was no AC and the so called breakfast was weak coffee and a few muffins cut in half. And to top it all off they charged $250 average per night!
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Disgusted
"If I could give it negative stars I would!"
It was a roach motel without the roaches. It did not live up to what the website described at all. The place is extremely grosst. The handle to the shower fell off in my hand and there were instructions for using the shower written on the wall under it, written in marker. BIG THUMBS DOWN!!!
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Yeramian
"Should be closed down"
Hotel was beyond dirty. The furniture was broken, carpet was discussing and sheets were rough and very uncomfortable. Do not stay here.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Golf Mom
"Easy drive"
Few minutes from the wharf and cannery row. Has many dining places and Safeway close by. The room was small, carpet ugly and dirty, bathroom was decent. The shampoo and lotion come in little packets. The bedding is egh, but what do you expect. Okay to stay for a night.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Beware!"
The photos of this lodge does not depict the actual place. The photos are much nicer and they are NOT the photos of the Fireplace Inn. I was given a room which smelled of cigarette smoke and there was actual cigarette ashes in various places of the room. The innkeeper, though pleasant, did not accept my complaint about the unpleasantry of the smell in the room but did hand me a can of Glade air refresher. The room was so disappointing I was almost in tears. I had waited weeks to take my son on vacation to Monterey and this was absolutely not what I had intended for us. The room is very small, the carpeting so dingy it actually felt dirty to walk on in bare feet, the curtains were dusty and wreaked of cigarette smoke as well as the lamp shades. The furniture had broken pieces, etc. It was just poor. This place could really use Hotel Impossible. The room was definitely not worth what I paid. I checked out early and was given a partial refund for the second night.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"convenient to airport"
This hotel needs updating. The man was extremely kind and wanted to help when I had questions. But the towels didn't seem clean. The bathroom was clean. The furniture was too big for the room. And they needed an area for luggage which they could easily add with a closet. The hotel is among other hotels in area with restaurants that make it convenient.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"Dirty!"
Dirty towels, non working tv, rancid orange juice for breakfast, no ac, smelled dirty, dirty walls
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
sheilah
"Close to event, but dirty hotel."
The hotel was close to the event which was great. It was dirty, though. The bathroom did not look clean. The mini fridge blocked the only walkway. The smoke detector didn't work- I pressed the button to check. They did not give us the complimentary toiletries the first day, and they only left us one washcloth. The bed was fairly comfortable. Overall, I would not go back.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014