All hotels in Kittery, Maine, United States of America
85 Us Route 1 Byp, Kittery, ME, 03904, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.9
    2.9
    2.4
"Looks nice from outside"
Exterior is new , all rooms need update , lower level entrance Rooney felt like wood was soft to walk on, second balcony had railing uprights missing and floor was patched,unpainted old tv,needs updating
Other trip May 11, 2014
skippy
"DO. NOT. STAY. HERE."
Even pet owners have standards. This place has three pet rooms which double as smoking rooms. So the smells drove both humans and dog to distraction. Room has door in hallway and on outside wall. Draft through both hard on dog for whom we brought own bed. Temp outside was was near freezing, temp inside was not much better. Took several hours to get the room bearable.
1 night trip Nov 26, 2013
Voyer
"OK"
Hotel was ok. Room was big enough but bathroom was dirty in the corners.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
"Worse room I ever stayed in"
The room was terrible and need to be upgraded. Floor tile and sink were cracked in the bathroom. The tub was from the 60s and was caulked multiple times. Carpet needs replacement. Walls needed to be painted. Curtains and bedding needs to be replaced. Walls and ceilings were cover with sand paint that was definitely needing to be repainted. Heating unit needed repair. The hallway stunk like dead fish.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
"Rooms were comfortable"
Staff was very friendly. Convienant to the outlets
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Horrible, smelly, rank, loud. Very loud."
The smell if the place was a turnoff from the beginning. I paid $92.00 for a double Bdrm. After we entered and smelt the place, my first inclination was to spend the night in the car in their parking lot. But I had my child with me and it did not feel safe. I was afraid to touch anything, we threw the blankets off and slept on the sheets. It was cold. There were cars coming in all night. I had to bang on the walls so our neighbors on either side could turn off the tv and speak lower. 3 x they spoke louder and I banged again. Will never use this hotel or any chain again. Very bad experience.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"Reasonable"
Very simple and clean
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Paula
"Ok for the price"
Found the hotel ok and staff was very helpful. Breakfast was ok.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
"Not worth price"
Older and not well maintained. Would not recommend
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
Cathy
The room was dirty and old. The woodwork and edges of flooring looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a very long time.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Marlene
OK
1 night trip Sep 17, 2013
steve
"Good for the night"
Not in a nice area, busy street and asphalt. Overall the place was run down. It was ran by a Indian family who must live there. The older parents were seen cleaning the rooms! They did not speak english. The breakfast was held in a empty hotel room converted for the breakfast. It consisted of two cold cereals, some bread and english muffins for toast. There were also some small muffins and rolls. The coffee was cool and weak. I would not book this hotel based on the breakfast. I would not stay there again ever!
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
"central located"
bathroom very small the floor has very of soft spot throw the room bed hard as rock not good free breakfast
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
ken
"Reviews were right on!"
Arrived at the front desk and had to wait 10mins for someone to show up. They gave us a bottom room which smelled musty. We turned the air conditioner on which helped. The hotel needed drastic updates. The continental breakfast was a joke. Coffee lousy, tea luke warm. hardly any food. We went down the road to Sunrise Grill and had a terrific breakfast. One night stay there was all I could do. I would not recommend this to anyone.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
Cindy
"nice place for pets close to maine and boston"
were very helpful stayed extra day. staff was great
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"It worked for us!"
I was initially worried about this because recent reviews said it wasn't clean. I didn't find this to be the case at all. The room was very small but it was clean and it served our purpose. The staff was exceptionally friendly and I felt they really care about the people who are staying there.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Adequate at best"
Room adequate at best. Floor in disrepair. Very small bathroom. TV selections small.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2013
"Hotel on a major highway."
Chose hotel based on allowing dogs. Reservations booked through Expedia mentioning small dog and request for non-smoking room. Upon arrival hotel not aware of dog and had only 3 rooms used for patrons with dogs which were smoking rooms. The rooms reeked of cigarettes and although sprayed with febreeze they still smelled badly. Room was shabby and needed renovation. Rooms quite pricey considering the accomodations. Outlets close by but not accessible by walking due to location of highways. Hotel had a pool but water level was too low for filtration.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
"Days out"
Room was very dirty and room lacked cosmetic maintanance. Needs to have some up keep done to facility.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"Below standard"
This motel is in need of updating. Terribly run down and had an odor. The bathroom was in very poor condition, the drapes were damaged and the television was certainly a long way from a flat screen. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013
Roxanne
"Room was fine. Bed comfortable."
Staff courteous, room was clean, bed ok. No smoking odors nearby
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"Convenient location"
Looks better from the outside, this hotel has seen better days. But the bed was comfortable & there was plenty of hot water! The breakfast was minimal, the pool was fun:)
2 night family trip Aug 23, 2013
"Hotel close to the base where we were working...."
The staff was not very friendly or accomadating. The room was not very clean. For the price we paid it was a dump. The floors were soft, like they were rotting or something. The cleaning staff walked in on me the first day without knocking. When checking out I had to ring the desk bell 4-5 times and kept yelling "Is anyone here?" I was walking over to the house phone to ring the front dest when someone finally came. There was supposed to be a micro/fridge in the rooms. When we got there there was only a fridge. When I called for a microwave they told me there was one in the front lobby for everyone to use. We will definately not be staying there again.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Margy
"great for the price!!!perfect location for us!!!"
Jason, on the morning shift went out of his way for us a couple of times, like when he got me a cup of milk for my tea when the kitchen was closed. When we ate breakfast I watched as he worked very hard keeping the dining room clean and stocked. Very motivated, helpful and friendly!! We always enjoy the big outdoor pool too!
2 night trip Aug 20, 2013
joan and gary
"Only because we had to..."
Not bad but very overpriced. Awkward facility. Finding your way around was confusing.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"Tiny but available"
Well the service was friendly and the room was clean. It was also very small and expensive. We paid $160.00 for 2 full size beds and barely had room for our stuff. Check in wasnt until 3pm and we had to check out by 11am, so really it was less then 24 hours.. The pool closed at 8pm so by the time we got to the hotel we couldnt use it. Overall, it was convenient on a last minute trip to Hampton beach! Next year I will definalty book a hotel ahead of time so we can enjoy the beach then relax comfortably at the hotel..
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
Hampton Beach Lover
"Dumpiest of all the Dumps"
This place is an absolute dump. The door to the outside was missing the bottom corners (a very old wooden door), there were stains on the carpet, the sheets were old and threadbare with holes, the bathroom door was severely damaged at the bottom and looked like someone or something had tried to claw their way out, and there was mosquito squashed and dried up in the center of the wall with the blood from it's last victim spattered and dried around it. We actually considered sleeping in our car. The breakfast was pathetic with stale cereal and room for about eight people to sit down and eat. Don't stay here. Pay a few extra bucks and spring for a nicer place that won't make your skin crawl and give you visions of horror movies.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"very friendly"
great staff, had a problem with tv and they fixed it in 10 minutes.Room was clean and neat would stay again!
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
larry
"Overpriced and musty"
The front desk attendant was very pleasant. We stopped for 1 night while traveling and it was barely acceptable. The hallways smelled very musty and the rooms were tired looking. Definitely will not return. Way overpriced for what it is.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2013
Alison
"It was great."
The hotel staff which is a family was great. The room was very large and clean and the bathroom was excellent. The morning breakfast was good. I was totally happy with my choice of this hotel and the price was a bargain.
2 night trip Aug 5, 2013
"room size"
I signed for a room with double bed found the room very small bathroom extremely small I would not take this room again due to size
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
sue
"Formerly nice place"
We have stayed here before and found the staff very nice and accomodating. However, the hotel is being allowed to deteriorate. Our mattress was well past its prime. The carpeting on the steps was so loose and frayed the wood was visible. The wall in the bath had a huge crack that was inexpertly patched. There were no bath towels in the room. The chairs at the pool were ancient and dirty. The pool water was low. I know it's not the Four Seasons but the property is just not being maintained.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
CJ
rooms were not as clean as other comfort inns I have stayed in. stains on the carpet and cob webs in the corners, even the breakfast was not as good as the last one we stayed at.
3 night romance trip Jul 19, 2013
kspako
"Oh My God!"
Just needed an overnight stay and save money but OMG, what a mistake that was. I'd rather pay $300 a night than stay there again. The minute we opened the door we knew we made a mistake. The musty odor was overwhelming. The floor boards under the carpeting were like sponge when you walked on them and thought we might fall through the floor at any time. The carpeting installed on the floor was about 2 inches too short near the window an the rug lats and mail could be seen the the flooring looked old. The bottom of the chair was untacked and coming apart. The sheets on both beds were too small for the mattress an kept coming off throughout the night without activity in both beds. The towels in the bathroom were like wiping yourself with sandpaper sheets. Time to invest in fabric softener. Told front desk while checking out but man wasn't concerned and showed no surprise and said the bottom floor always smells musty due to being in the basement.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
Gisele
"clever titile"
The man at the front desk was the nicest i have ever dealt with. In the room they had a very nice desk but no plug near it. I couldn't use the desk for my laptop or the coffee machine that was on it.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Disappointing"
Telephone in room did not work. Had to personally go to the desk when we had a problem with the television. Hotel smelled musty.
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
"Old Hotel Nice staff"
For some reason, I thought I had booked 2 doubles in each room. When we arrived, I realized I had made an error. There was no fixing it for any reasonable amount of money. So, we stayed scrunched in the double. The rooms are small. The hotel is old. The electrical wiring for lights, cable, and TVs--all scary. The staff is very nice, but this hotel needs about a million dollar makeover.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Ann H.
"Worst place I ever stayed."
To start I checked in and the room they gave was very small for 2 people. The room didnot have a working air conditioner and there was the stench of urine coming from the floors. I went out to the front desk and said I was not happy about my accomodations. They said they have 2 other rooms available bt they would have to charge me etra. I said I wanted to speak to the manager. She asked me to hold on a second. Then she came back and said she cold give me the room with 2 double beds but the one with the kingsize bed she would have to charge extra. The manager never came out of the back to investigatre the situation. The second room was alright but still would never stay there again.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
The room was pricey for the conditions of the accommodations. Door had evidence of being nearly broken into. Broken tiles that moved under our feet in bathroom. Towels dirty. Pillow case dirty. Continental breakfast very minimal. Pool was very clean!!! Staff was wonderful!!!!!
1 night trip Jul 9, 2013
"Cheap, disappointing hotel close to the outlets."
I wasn't expecting much based on some of the reviews and the price, but I was expecting more than this. The room was advertised as having a microwave, free wifi, and free continental breakfast. The microwave was licated in the lobby not the room, the free wifi barely worked, and I never saw even a muffin in the lobby. The room smelled very musty like it had been flooded in the past (ground level). I waited for ten minutes to check in due to the person running the counter not being at their post. When I tried to use the key card on the exterior door it did not work where the clerk told me I wasn't using it right. It was broken because I had no problem with the interior one. When the staff cleaned the room they took the soap but did not leave any soap in its place. If I was asked if I would stay here again the next time I visited I would have to say no. I would rather spend an extra $20 a night to stat in a cleaner and didn't smell.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
"Dissatisfied"
Room was not ready upon arrival. We were told that they thought it was clean and it would on take 15 minutes to clean - that was a turn off right there. Room was very hot when entered and floors were creaking badly. The bathroom was old and run down - so small that you could barely move without hitting the toilet. Linens were discolored. The only thing nice was the pool. I actually could not wait to leave - it was a waste of money!!!!!!
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Great for a one night stay."
Our room was just what we needed for a one night stay just to sleep. Room had a musty odor, but it was decent.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
"It was ok"
My only complaint would be the free breakfast was pretty pathetic but the rooms were cheaper than others in the area and sufficient. You get what you pay for.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
"Wish I had paid attention to prior reviews."
Would never stay here again. Dated and no security. Found homelessness sleeping in stairwell outside our room.
2 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2013
"Maybe they will get in gear"
The property lists as 24 hour desk, maybe that is over a 3 day period but desk is closed in evening, The in room guest information lists laundry but was advised that is 1/4 mile away at a gas station.
3 night trip Jun 19, 2013
Dave H
"race stay"
nothing great to far from track. beds comphee quiet
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
jerry
"Perfect for the price. Definitely stay there again"
We were greeted promptly upon arrival. Our room was exactly as requested. We appreciated the quiet room with personal parking lot access we were given. The room and bedding were very clean. We were extremely pleased with the new air conditioner in the room. We will definitely stay here again!
1 night trip Jun 14, 2013
"Time Warp"
This hotel is in a great location in relation to Portsmouth NH. The rooms and old, dated, and not well maintained which inherently makes guests question the cleanliness of the hotel. We paid $100.00 for our room which was overpriced for the quality and decor. This hotel is more suited to be a 1 star hotel.
Family trip Jun 11, 2013
"Should be $50 a night."
This Days Inn was decent. The staff was definitely friendly and helpful but it was by far the worst continental breakfast I had ever seen at a hotel/motel and the bathroom in our room looked like it needed a serious makeover, tiles breaking.. Just looked bad.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
"Refreshingly quiet"
This is obviously an older hotel, but has been well kept. It was the first time I have had a really quiet night, although on a holiday week-end with all rooms occupied; there was no traffic noise, no noise from the hallways or flushing toilets or showers. Refreshing. Not a lot of amenities, but adequate for an overnight stay. The front desk receptionist was polite and helpful.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013