All hotels in Muskegon Heights, Michigan, United States of America
3380 Hoyt St, Muskegon Heights, MI, 49444, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

• Value
    Good internet service
    Clean
    Location is ok
    Food is not good
Good
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2016
I was in town for a hunting trip and I regularly come to Muskegon to hunt with friends. I found my room to be clean and quite comfortable. It was quiet and I was able to get a peaceful night sleep. I have stayed here before and will do so again in the near future.
1 night trip Jan 16, 2016
Timothy
Hotel is very old and in a bad neighborhood.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Dear guest, I am very sorry to hear that you disapprove of our location and the accommodation we have provided you. We appreciate your insightful review, we can only assure you that we will do our best to offer you better and more comfortable stay the next time you visit us.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
"Terrible"
If I could give it 0 stars, I would. The lock on the door to get in from the outside was completely broken so anyone could walk in 24/7. It's in a terrible neighborhood. The bed was so uncomfortable we didn't sleep the entire night. No elevator! We will never stay here again. Way overpriced!! $40 would be paying too much!
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Dear guest, I am very sorry for the inconvenience and discomfort you felt during your stay. Your concern about the door will be escalated to check immediately. I regret that you were not very pleased with our location, however, the quality of service will be worked on to further improve.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
"Ok for the price...."
Room was standard hotel but had funny smell. Breakfast was light, even for discount hotel continental breakfast. But price is good relative to other area hotels. Would consider staying again if making the trip up again in the future.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Dear Guest, We thank you for taking the time to bring your concern on the quality of clean in the room we provided you. Please know that we value our guests’ feedback and trust that we will do our best to further improve the quality of our services to serve you better. Thank you for choosing Travelodge.
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
the air conditioner was very loud. we were unable fall sleep almost the whole night.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Dear guest, I am sorry to hear that you were not comfortable during your stay and our staff was not able to attend to you. Your feedback will be called to the attention of concerned staff. We will make sure this is not going to be experienced at our hotel again.
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
"Keep Looking"
With a young family, it wasn't the ideal location. It was hard to find, the neighborhood isn't the greatest and while the room was clean, it was small and there wasn't enough space for everyone since we have two young kids in cribs. While it looked like one of the better hotels in the area, it still wasn't what we were looking for, what we expected, or what we wanted.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello Michael, It is sad that you were not very pleased with the services and you did not find our location ideal. We regret that we failed to meet your expectations, Your feedback will used as basis, we continuously work closely to provide our guests better services, We hope to see you again.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
"pass by"
Breakest was good. For that price i expected it to be much more clean. Would not stay again or recommend to anyone.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
dear guest, I am happy to hear that breakfast served have met your satisfaction. Allow us to sere you better in the future by calling our attention if you have concerns. Our staff on duty will attend to you promptly.
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
"never again"
We stayed at this hotel because it was close to an amusement park we were going to. I would never stay there again. The area was alittle scary. People were walking around the streets. The rokm was smelly and dirty. I dropped my water bottle, picked it up and it had hair all over it from the floor. The staff was nice and the breakfest was better than expected.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello Chantia, I am sorry to hear that you were not entirely pleased with the services we have provided you and you were uncomfortable during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. Trust that we will do our best to further improve the quality of our accommodation. Thank you for your business.
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
chantia
"Not A Good Experience"
Horrible! There were bugs on the plates during breakfast. Bugs in the room. The bathroom wasn't clean. I found hair all on the floor in the bathroom. The room smelled like smoke although it was smoke free. It was a horrible experience! Never again will I stay there!
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Dear guest, I am very concerned about your shared experience during your stay here at our hotel. Your review and your booking will be verified and trust that this will be called to the attention of concerned staff. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again soon. Thank you for your business.
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"Great for the place"
This hotel wasn't bad for the price considering there are not many hotels in the area, which they all had bad reviews. The room is great if your looking for comfort and a quiet stay. The hotel is not that far from a lot of restaurants and even the Lake mall.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Zo
Everything was good. No complaints.would stay here again.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and your approval on the quality of accommodation you received from our team and everything went fine. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again soon.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Don't judge a hotel on name alone."
Reluctant to stay at a Travelodge but was pleasantly surprised at the overall condition of this hotel. Pleasant staff, comfortable room, decent wifi, and a large TV.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello John, It is great to hear that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit in our hotel. Thank you for not hesitating to stay with us. I am glad that we have met your satisfaction. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
"It worked for a quick get-away"
The room was tiny, but clean. The gentleman who checked us in was very friendly and knowledgeable of the area. Breakfast was good.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello Mark, Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share with us your positive experience. It is great that you took the time to take note of our effort to make your stay comfortable. So glad that you liked the breakfast served. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
mark
"Musty stay in Muskegon"
Two negatives First. Rooms smelled horrible. I had to buy extra strength Air freshener to make it so we could breathe. Second, online reservations are not very good for this hotel. They didn't get the request for a gold out mattress so they charged an extra 10.00 every night even though I paid for it in advance and I was not able to extend my visit in person because I used hotel. Com
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello Michael, I am sorry to hear about the discomfort you experienced during your stay at our hotel. Please know that we value your business and your concerns are taken very seriously. Your feedback is escalated, this will be verified and addressed by management. Warm regards.
4 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"Nice Simple Hotel"
We stayed here on 8/1 & 8/2/15 as we were going to Michigan Adventures. Hotel was clean, staff was friendly & the breakfast very good! The beds were very comfortable! My only suggestion would be to move the waffle maker to its' own special spot as when people line up to make a waffle, other people can't easily access the microwave or the biscuits & gravy. Also there should be a person monitoring this area as I saw a woman taking nine bananas & putting them in her tote. It just makes less for the rest of us. Other than that, it was great!
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello Sharon, Thank you for staying at Travelodge. it is heartwarming to hear that we have met your satisfaction following your stay. Your comment on the breakfast area is sincerely appreciated. This will be called to the attention of our kitchen staff , trust that this is taken care of for our guests’ convenience. Thank you for bringing your concern to us.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Renovated facility with helpful, friendly staff. Updated decor.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Not very good"
The hotel was very dated. The lamp gave me an electric shock. The AC was missing the grate. The sink was clogged. However the bed was comfortable.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello Jessica, I am so, so sorry to hear that you had an accident. Your feedback will be submitted to our management and trust that this will be called to the attention of maintenance team. Please do not hesitate to call our attention on your next visit if you have concerns. We will do our best to make your next visit a better experience.
4 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
"Never Again"
Barely acceptable and expensive for the quality provided
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Dear guest, We appreciate your time in bringing your concern on the quality of accommodation provided to you during your stay. Please know that feedback from guests are taken very seriously and we will do our best to further improve our services to offer you better experience.
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
The airconditioner failed and they came right to the room and installed a brand new unit that worked well. Continental breakfast was OK.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello Bruce, I am glad that you were promptly attended by our staff when you called their attention about your concern on the problem with the AC unit in your room. Thank you for your positive feedback and for giving us the chance to make your stay comfortable
1 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
Bruce
"A place to sleep"
The room was dirty. Burn hole in blanket. Stain on desk chair. Carpet dirty.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Dear guest, It is very saddening to hear that you were not very pleased with your stay at our hotel. Allow us to serve you better, please do not hesitate to call the attention of our staff on duty if you need assistance or if you have concerns about your stay. We will do our best to make your next stay more pleasant.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
just okay
Stayed for one night, no conditioner in bathroom, other than that, very pleasant experience.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Dirty and small bad..
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Dear guest, I am truly concerned to hear of your negative experience during your stay here at our hotel. Your visit will be verified and your concern on the quality of clean will be called to the attention of concerned staff. Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey bringing your assessment to our attention.
2 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
"Next time I'll stay somewhere else."
Our stay was not acceptable. In our 3 night stay our room was NEVER cleaned. I had to go to the front desk to get clean towels. I had reserved 3 rooms for family, & lack of communication between Travelodge & hotels.com caused major reservation issues. I will find another hotel to stay in next time.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
KATHLEEN
"One night stay"
Good for a one night stay. Beds and pillows were comfortable. TV station selection was good (DirectTV).
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
"ok place..."
ok...no problems...and a surprisingly good breakfast...
2 night trip Jul 9, 2015
"Value for money but in a terrible neighborhood."
Decent place for money. Avoid the stale breakfast. Room was clean. Carpet was clean. Towels looked like bathroom rugs. Neighborhood was deserted and scary. Only people around outside were homeless and liquor store patrons. Would give a better rating if it was in a different location. Staff was friendly but insistent on calling multiple times to check where we were even though we had told we would be checking in late.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Dear guest, I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on the breakfast we served and you disapproved of our towels. This matter will be escalated for evaluation and will be corrected. Thank you for your time in bringing your assessment to our attention.We appreciate your time in completing the survey.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
scared traveler
"Clean and not far from the sites."
After reading many reviews, mostly bad, I think it is a nice place for the price. It was busy, but quiet, the room was clean and the had a nice continental breakfast.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
"Great Stay for the Price"
The recession greatly affected the economy in Muskegon Michigan. This hotel has been working very hard to return. The area is growing slowly. A rose in the middle of thorns best describes this hotel. Recent stay for six nights was excellent. Staff, housekeeping and maintence were all on the job. The breakfast bar was routinely checked and supplied during the breakfast hours. Housekeeping cleaned and replenished room daily. The parking lot was neat and clean. Observed maintence daily monitoring parking lot. We enjoyed our stay and would return again. A very good bargain for extended stay.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
The people who worked at the hotel were very nice, but that's all it has going for it. Our room smelled very strange, but they were booked solid so we couldn't switch.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Dear guest, Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you faced on the quality of clean in the room we provided you. I regret that our staff on duty was not able to address your concern accordingly. We hope to have another chance to make up for our shortcomings.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Great room! Clean, comfortable, and within price range.
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"Nice hotel, great price!"
Great hotel, nice price. Just need a inexpensive place to lay our heads after being at an amusement park. This hotel suited that need. The only thing I will say is the rooms had a musty smell, but other than that everything was great!
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to review the hotel, we greatly appreciate guest feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience you must have felt due to the smell in your room, please do call our attention on your next visit if you have concerns so we can rectify issues immediately. Many thanks once again for your generous review.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
It was nice - easy to get to - the staff was friend. The room was nice for the price.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind comments which will be passed onto the whole team. I am certain they will be thrilled to read of your acknowledgement on our services and hospitality. We hope to see you again.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Rainy night"
One bed had stained pillow cases. It was a last minute booking due to a rainy night ruining a camping plan while on a bike tour. I was just glad to have a dry place to sleep. They had a small free breakfast with waffles, muffins, cereal and coffee. Although I did see an upset guest when I was leaving because they took down the breakfast before the time they said it ended.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello Daniel, Thank you for your time in sharing your experience during your stay. I am very concerned about your feedback on the quality of clean in the bedroom. I will accelerate your review for evaluation. We will also verify what took place in the breakfast area as to why a guest complained.
1 night trip Apr 10, 2015
daniel
"Clear and Comfortable for Overnight"
It was an overnight stay and sufficient for the time spent there.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Dear Guest, We are truly pleased to hear that you were comfortable during your recent visit in our hotel. Allow us to provide you another fine hotel experience on your next visit in the city.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"Worst place I've ever stayed!"
I've stayed in plenty of inexpensive hotels/motels that are no frills but clean. This is the worst place I've ever stayed. I wish I could attach a pic of the filthy floors! Dirty, run down and COLD! Our room had no heat! Muskegon in Feb has temps below zero and we didn't have heat in the room.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Z
"Good Value"
Upon first arrival, it looked shady for lack of a better word. But after driving around, it's just a little ways down the road from a city with Meijer & Wal-Mart and a slew of restaurants. The hallways and lobby smelled of smoke but the rooms smelled clean. And the rooms were clean! My already had a fridge and microwave in it which was fantastic! For the price, it was a good value. Close to Grand Haven (about 10 minutes away).
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello Elizabeth, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad that you find our hotel a good value for the price. It is wonderful to learn that you were comfortable and enjoyed your entire stay in the room we have provided you with appliances for your convenience. Your comment on the quality of clean in the hallway will be called to the attention of our housekeeping. We are committed to providing our guests nothing less than pleasant experience.
4 night trip Nov 9, 2014
"Not sure what to say"
we pulled in drive and was greeted by a hooker. Told guy at front desk when checking in and he says oh really and acted like it was not a big deal. WOW!!!
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello, I apologize for the unpleasant experience you faced during your recent stay. Please know that our guests’ concerns are taken very seriously, I will accelerate your feedback for evaluation and trust that this will be addressed accordingly. I hope you will accord us another chance to serve you better in the future. Thank you for your business.
The hotel is conveniently located and offers good accommodation for the decent price.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello, Thank you very much for your very kind words and feedback score for our hotel. It is wonderful to know that you find our hotel convenient for your travel purpose and reasonably priced. We look forward to your next visit, we will do our best to provide you consistent comfortable stay.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Not to Bad"
Not a bad deal neighborhood a little shady
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello, We sincerely appreciate your time and effort to write us a very insightful review. Thank you for choosing our hotel. Your satisfaction and enjoyment are very important to us. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
"Can't beat the price, but be aware of..."
This is a great-priced hotel, within a 5-minute drive of downtown Muskegon. It's not in the best neighborhood, but I felt safe enough. Strip with Walmart, Meijer, drugstores and all fast food outlets within a half mile. Hotel was clean, staff was kind. Here's the bad - dining area is minuscule (four tables) & breakfast is cold food. (bagels, cereal, apples & bananas). Broken toaster. Rooms & hallway smell awful - very musty. Had to go out & get a deodorizing spray. Rooms don't have window sheers, just blackout curtains, so you either can open them & have everyone look in from outside or keep them closed with lights on all the time. For a two-day stay, room wasn't vacuumed between nor were towels replenished. Walls were very thin & if you stay on the ground floor you can clearly hear footsteps from rooms above. I prepaid for my room to avoid the erroneous charges others have reported.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello AL, I truly appreciate your time in detailing your experience and your feedback about your stay. I will accelerate your review so that our management can evaluate the breakfast selection, the quality of clean as well to verify the issues concerning the billing, trust that this will be addressed accordingly. Thank you for your business and I hope to have the chance to provide you better accommodation in the near future.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Bed comfortable, breakfast nasty."
Very plain hotel in a run down area. It was overall clean but our room filled with cigarette smoke because of a hallway window opened just above the outdoor smoking bench. The manager responded to the smoke and solved the problem but not before my nose was stuffy. The breakfast was typical cheap all white flour everything. Only protein was cream cheese and milk. Coffee was actually quite good. Noise from a nearby room found its way into our room in the middle of the night. I think the bed was hitting the wall.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello, I am so sorry that we failed to meet your preference on the breakfast selection as well as for the uncomfortable experience you faced because of the smoke and the level of noise from other guests. I will accelerate your feedback, please provide us the room number you were accommodated so our team could address your concerns accordingly. We value your business. We will do our best to make your next stay better.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Scary"
Very Scary place. As a Gold Member I expect safety. I found a safer hotel and paid for this one as well.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Don
We stayed at this Travelodge over the Labor day weekend. It was a good stay overall, however the room and the bathrooms could have been cleaner. There was an unpleasant smell in the room, I think the carpet needs to be cleaned. The rooms were dusty and the mirrors were dirty.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello Jerry, Thank you for staying at Travelodge Muskegon and for letting us know how we can improve our services in order to better serve you in the future. Please know that your satisfaction is our main priority and I will surely forward this to our management so that they will address this matter to our housekeeping staff. Thank you again and we look forward for your next visit.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Jerry
"Don't waste your money"
Where should I start.... The shower was still dirty and had the last persons products in the tub area. That lead me to look at the floor in the bathroom which was covered with long black hair. My family is very blonde so it didn't come from us. The first towel I grabbed had what looked like blood stains on it. I finally laid down, and a family of elephants must have moved in to the room above us. The stomping or walking was so loud, it kept my family up past midnight. The next morning, we got to the breakfast between 8:00-8:30. They were out of coffee and every juice. I had to go up to the front desk to ask for more. They did jump to help, but I feel they should have been on too of it. My overall feeling was of a very dirty and gross hotel.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"A good location between Grand Haven and Muskegon"
It honestly was better than what I expected, especially after reading some of the negative reviews. The receptionist was very nice!!!! The hotel was clean!!!! It is what it is if you are expecting a 5 star Hotel for this price then you should be ready to be disappointed but if you are expecting to get what you pay for then you will be pleasantly surprised. It was very good for me and my family as a place to stay for a night. Thank you
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello Mr. John, Thank you for not hesitating to stay with us. I am glad that we have exceeded your expectations and your family enjoyed our services. Your satisfaction completes our business. I hope we could have another chance to provide your next lodging needs.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Trucker stop"
Its in a neighborhood with abandoned buildings all around. There are holes in the walls that were poorly plastered up. The ac would never shut off. The carpet was so dirty that walking bare foot into the bathroom left balck footprints on the floor. If you need just a place to sleep, dont pay more than $50. Only thing i liked was the lady at the front dest was helpful on check in. Guy at the front when i checked out was awful.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Thank you for taking the time to complete online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Nate
"Clean & affordable; not fancy"
We thought the Travelodge was clean and convenient. The room was plenty big enough for 2 adults, and we appreciated the working high-speed Internet and big desk. My brother and I both did some morning work on our laptops, and had no trouble with the connection. There's nothing fancy about the room, and I thought the mattresses were well past their prime. The recliner was wedged between one of the queen beds and the exterior wall, and faced the HVAC unit. I guess we got about what we expected at the price point.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We strive to make every guests experience great, and we love hearing when we accomplish our goals. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2014
Scot W.
"Perfect for a quick overnight."
We just needed a room and breakfast. It's not a resort but a good place to stay overnight. The hotel is a little older but it was very clean and the staff was super nice.
Response by Travelodge Muskegon
Hello PThree, Thank you for your humbling words for our hotel and our team. We are glad to know that you were comfortable during your stay. I hope we could have another chance to serve your breakfast the next time you are in town.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
PThree
"Awful area of town!"
The area where the hotel is at felt very unsafe as it is set behind a liquor store where people are gathered around. There were also groups of guys hanging out all around the hotel so even my husband didn't feel safe leaving the room after dusk to go outside to smoke! There was also a cheap piece of plywood placed in the track of the window. We parked our car right outside of the room so we could hear if anyone tried to break into it. I'm not sure we would have heard it though because the walls were so thin we could hear the person. In the room above us tap dancing.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014