All hotels in Sonoma, California, United States of America
100 Boyes Boulevard, Sonoma, CA, 95416, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"overpriced but service impeccable"
Beautiful property, but way overpriced for what it is. I have stayed in rooms 1/4 of the price that were nicer. The best thing this hotel has going for it is that the service is Fantastic. If service is the most important thing to you during your stay, you will more than pay for it, but this is your place.
Response by The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Thank you for your post. I am delighted to read that you experienced the “impeccable” service that we strive for, but sorry you did not feel a better overall value for your stay. We do aim to create exceptional value as well with not just service, but also accommodations and wine country extras such as complimentary wine tastings or daily guided hikes, fitness and yoga classes. We also offer many various promotions and specials throughout the year that you may enjoy. Thank you for your patronage and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
1 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2015
Beautiful grounds and very good service. I would recommend going to a different spa, however. $200.00 for a facial is just too much! Massage for one hour $200.00 as well! There are plenty of spas to choose from in the area. We just went there because we had a limited time and it was convenient. Will not do that in the future!
Response by The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Dear Brenda, Thank you for your post. I am glad you so enjoyed the grounds and service from our team. I apologize that you did not experience better value with your spa experience and I hope you were able to enjoy our full Willow Stream Spa facilities including Watsu pool, Eucalyptus Steam Room, and geo-thermal mineral pools. Thank you again for your review and patronage.
1 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2015
Brenda
All good except for the restaurant. The food wasn't very tasty.
Response by The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Thank you for your post Anthony. I am glad it was a good stay overall, but so sorry you did not better enjoy the restaurant. We do hope to welcome you back again soon!
1 night romance trip Aug 12, 2015
Anthony
"Two Thumbs Up!"
Great place. Friendly staff. Very accommodating. Would return if back in the area in the future. Two thumbs up!
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Donald
"Neer again at Fairmont in Sonoma"
For what this old hotel had to offer the rooms were ridiculous overpriced. 600+ for a standard room without central air and small unventilated old bathroom and no view or balcony. Comfort in would have been better or just as good. The wines were good with a large selection but also overpriced. The meal at the restaurant was the worst. Food was hardly edible and salty At least another table with customers seated next to us sent the food back twice. We left most of ours on the plate. By the way, very fancy written menu and so here I expect to eat something special for hundreds of dollars and on the plate I get old, wilted tomatoes with a drop of cheese and other things that tasted awful. With a fish order we didn't even know what it is on the plate and we were making bets among us whether chicken or fish. That's how bad it was. A truly tourist trap for people who want to visit the great Sonoma area and stayed previously to nice Fairmont hotels. I stayed previously at Fairmont hotels in US and Canada - lake Louise, Vancouver, Seattle and Whistler etc and I had great stays and this is why I chose to stay to a Fairmont again and what an unpleasant hotel.
Response by The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Dear Mihaela, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am so sorry for the disappointments you experienced. We aim to maintain consistency and shared Fairmont standards with all of our sister properties and I apologize that you did not experience this during your recent visit. We have shared your feedback with our Santé Managers as well, since what you described is certainly not the culinary experience we aim to provide. Thank you for bringing these items to our attention so we may address them. We do hope to be able to welcome you back so we may provide the exceptional experience we are traditionally known for.
MIHAELA
The water pressure of the shower was very weak.
"Sonoma Getaway"
Family had a great time. Staff was what one expects from a Fairmont property. Standard rates (at least in summer) are pricey for what you get, but that's the neighborhood/area.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Hotel did not meet expectations. Entire property is painted peach/dusty rose, does not feel elegant or worth the cost. My shower didn't even work. Pool was full of loud kids and families during the week. However the spa is fantastic and worth the cost, but would never stay the night again here.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2015
"Beautiful and family friendly"
gorgeous setting in sonoma. Hotel is historic and beautiful. the baby was in the pool all day. Their service is a little inconsistent, but i assume it is because they were bringing on new staff for the season. we still will only stay at this hotel. it is amazing.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
laura
"Premium hotel at a premium price."
Nice dinners, nice spa, nice golf, nice hotel. Pricey.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2015
Vincent
"Fantastic weekend!"
Great! We were upgraded, and it was so much fun!
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"2 night stay during bottle rock."
We were there for the bottle rock concert. The restaurant Sante was excellent. We can't wait to go back to the spa! And everyone was really friendly. I would have given all 5 stars except we asked for dog bowls twice and they said they were bringing them. However, they never showed up. We ended up going to the store to get some.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Donald
"I'm very picky :)"
The grounds are beautiful, the spa is wonderful. The staff is lovely. The rooms were very clean just need updating- new bathroom tile and shower doors instead of curtains. Tiny little travel blow dryer- they can invest in better ones. The walls were very plain. Just seemed drab. I was expecting more "wine- country chic" from a fairmont property. We faced the employee parking lot and the dumpster. One morning it sounded like a homeless person was collecting cans. Since it is a historic building, AKA: old, you hear a lot - neighbors TV, toilet flushing, dogs barking
3 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Colleen
"Sonoma Mission Inn & SPA"
Great SPA! Our room above the entrance was very noisy, with people & luggage moving in & out all night! Also, the older bldg did not have an elevator (& we were on highest floor)!
Other trip May 26, 2015
Seth
We had a wonderful last minute family weekend. This was my first time at this hotel and it exceeded my expectations.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Nice resort, but service not on par with 4 stars"
Room was small, and located almost directly off the lobby. Very noisy due to wedding event that evening. Also very little privacy as the door to the room swings open directly exposing the bed/sleeping area. Employees at check in desk seemed unwilling to assist with minor request (getting some cough drops from the hotel gift shop, which had closed a few minutes prior) indicating that they "...could do it, but there would be a charge for the service and I could take care of it myself in town instead..." I would not have asked if I didn't want or need some help with the item, not wanting to have to leave the property to drive into town for a $2 item. I was very surprised at their reluctance to assist with a simple request. It was a bad start to a quick visit, and will cause me to think twice (or more) about paying premium staying there the next time we are in Sonoma area.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Two days of pure relaxation."
We stayed for two days - our room was spacious, clean and nicely appointed. We really enjoyed our patio and the grounds - so peaceful, natural and relaxing. Still,it did not make sense for the cost to be so expensive - expecially since you were afraid to walk out of the gates!
2 night trip with friends May 11, 2015
Celia
"Michele"
Was treated like a queen for my birthday! Service was impeccable. Spa was great. Just wish grounds were larger, hotel didn't back up to alley/apartments.
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Michele M
"Fake Luxury"
We were very disappointed in our room after our excitement at the beautiful lobby and grounds. First we were put in a handicapped room which we did not require nor want. We switched rooms and they put us in a ground floor room. It felt like a basement and had awful fluorescent type lighting. The "view" was of a very large bush. Was not luxurious AT ALL. I would not recommend this place unless you view the rooms in advance. Far too expensive for what we received.
1 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
Terry
"Amazing getaway!"
this place is amazing! service is outstanding, they really go out of their way to help you. the bar is really cool and a great place to hang out in, and the breakfast is really good. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are really comfortable! We'll come back for sure!
3 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015
Carlos
"Old School Sonoma Hotel"
We just returned from a two night stay at the Fairmont property Sonoma Mission Inn in Boyes Spring, Sonoma County California. Overall, we had a very nice experience. The Inn has been recently updated in areas and has a nice fresh feeling in the common areas such as the lobby and the restaurants. The service is top notch, especially at the front desk and the concierge. They were able to assist us in getting a table at the sold out Sante. Restaurant one evening. Sante and the Big Three Restaurants were both outstanding, especially Sante. Food, service and ambiance all excellent and worth the Michelin Star. Great locale for foodies. They specialize in food from local sources. The wait staff spent a lot of time with us patiently answering all our questions about preparation and sourcing. The areas I was disappointed in were that we had to pay $13.95/day for internet and that the bathroom was really lacking in amenities. Very poor lighting, weird claustrophobic feeling and only a plug in lighted make up mirror that was basically unusable since you could only place it on the counter top and there was no seating so you ended up looking down at it in the shadow. There is also little storage space in the room (deluxe king) so our clothes ended up on shelves in the closet. We tried to book a spa appointment but they were sold out. Recommend you do it far in advance. Overall, very nice but if we had to choose a resort in the Wine Country we would recommend Solage in Calistoga instead.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Jeannette
"Perfect Sonoma Hotel"
It was a great experience! I went with my sister for 2 nights to celebrate her birthday. They welcomed us with a bottle of champagne in the room and a card. I highly recommend the bathing ritual and the pools in the spa area, it was so nice to relax. The service in the hotel was so great. The location was also really great, it was less than 5 minutes away from Sonoma square and wineries were 5-10 minutes away as well.
Response by The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Dear Amanda, Thank you for your “great” review. We are delighted that you so enjoyed our resort in Sonoma Wine Country and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"Good Choice Would Stay there again."
This was a wonderful experience. Very pleased with the Mission inn. People are very warm and Friendly. Wife was disappointed with the room Expedia gave us. We wanted a room with a fire place but to no evale. We were told that was expedia's fault. When we got there at check in we were given a room with a fireplace and at no extra cost, and use of the awesome spa. Thanks Debbie Semrau your the Best.
Response by The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Dear Don, Thank you for choosing our resort for your getaway and for your “wonderful” review. We also appreciate your commendations of Debbie. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Don
"Classic hotel, beautiful grounds"
Wine Country get away for my wife and I. Classic hotel and beautiful grounds. Convenient to the town of a Sonoma, less than a ten minute drive, but there is not much within walking distance of the hotel. Restaurant was outstanding. Wine bar off lobby was fun, with many offerings by the glass, but a little overpriced. Room was very nice and comfortable. Wife had great Spa experience. Hope to be able to go back again.
3 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Christopher
Stay was pleasant and most enjoyable I would not hesitate to recommend to others.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Superior Service!"
I went to the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa with my husband for our mini-honeymoon. The staff there were extremely helpful, courteous and went above and beyond to make our stay the best it could be. The room was beautiful and we really enjoyed our stay!
1 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
"Great getaway"
It was wonderful.
1 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2015
"Beautiful hotel, great service!"
We enjoyed the complimentary bottle of wine in the room, thank you!
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Sonoma Family Weekend"
I normally don't write reviews, but I think it warrants attention because this hotel has potential it is not meeting. At this price point, I expect a much higher level of attention to detail. When we arrived at 4pm with our baby and gear in tow, we were told our suite wasn't ready. Not good. Then we were told we'd get a call as soon as it was available. An hour later. No call. They forgot to call us. I will say, they took the opportunity to make it right and gave us a voucher for food at any of their restaurants. So that's fine. Mistakes happen from time to time and if you address it properly I won't penalize you for it. However, it's more the attention to detail. For example: Pamphlets in the room were advertising fall 2014 schedules. Extra toilet paper roll non-existent, so we ran out. Lot of trash in and around the swimming pool area first thing in the morning. There were other mis-cues. In general, the staff was warm and friendly. The bellmen were very gracious and helpful. Sadly, the Fairmont has let a legacy go in my opinion, and I won't go back. I have spoken to other Bay Area locals about our experience, and they concur that they feel the same way. Disappointing.
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Angie
Nice sized rooms, very friendly staff. Nice complimentary wine and happy hour.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Excellent destination resort and spa"
Love everything about the hotel and spa. The problem was we had very limited choices for dinner within the resort. Had to drive down the road for dinner. Big 3 diner serves breakfast and lunch only.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
lily
"One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at!"
The hotel was absolutely fabulous! We were greeted at the driveway with champagne and were checked in curbside in no time at all! They also have a superb restaurant that has a Michelin star! Their spa is absolutely outstanding. I would highly recommend getting a massage. The rooms are a bit outdated but it was the old mission so that was understandable. I would highly recommend this hotel for a getaway to wine country!
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Fatima
"perfect setting"
Wonderful stay. Hotel is just perfect
1 night trip with friends Feb 18, 2015
Kimberly
"Great hotel for a great value"
I had a great experience at this hotel. The staff were all friendly, from the valet, to the bell hop, to the front desk to the people working at the bar, everyone was extremely friendly. They also have a daily happy hour from 4:30 - 5:30 pm in their lobby where they serve free samples of wine. You also get a complimentary bottle of wine when you check into your room. The room itself was clean, the bed was comfy and the hotel in general is very attractive. My only complaint was that their parking is limited, but they also valeted by car for free because there was no parking available, so that really wasn't an issue. Overall I thought the place was great and would recommend it.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Vinh
"Wine tasting"
Hotel is lovely. This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this hotel. It is a great experience.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
lori
Great beds, room was stated comfort. Enjoyed our stay
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
"Mother Daughter Retreat"
EXCELLANT. Everything from greeting on arrive to leaving, anything we needed... the staff was excellent Dinner in Sante' was such a wonderful evening, staff all aware of food restrictions, paced our meal as requested, and the food was perfect!!! The only disappointment was the Bath House. With the acoustics and load talking, it was not the quiet relaxing, rejuvenating experience we went there for. Staff only offered us ear plugs, really? We ended up just leaving without being able to enjoy it.... sat outside in sun by pool which was great. There should be a large sign when entering, instead of 2 little plaques on the wall... and upon entering the staff can stress that this is a Quiet Area. It just really took away what the experience could be. There are outside pools and many beautiful areas to socialize and chat... which we used and enjoyed! Room service was EXCELLANT as well.... the Crab Eggs Benedict were fabulous!!! Other than the dissatisfaction with the Bath House Ask for a room looking into the complex, not towards the road. I highly recommend The Fairmont !!!
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
Terry
"Good and bad."
Good: the grounds, the baths, the historic nature of hotel, the free wine tasting, nice staff. Bad: Mattress and pillows were not comfortable. I felt misled into believing the baths were included. It turns out you have to pay $29 or have a spa treatment to get free access. Internet access costs $14 unless your a club member. Location is a bit far from the center of town.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Wine country escape"
Nice resort off the beaten path in the wine country. Easy to get to restaurants, shopping, and of course wineries. Heated pools, nice workout facilities, and full spa in addition to great restaurant and cozy bar and outdoor lounging areas.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Not worth the money"
Good service but extremely small and old rooms.
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Shravan
Enjoyed our short stay. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Will definately stay again.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Spectacular service"
Besides the obvious that comes with the name of the Fairmont, the service at this property was amazing. Right before we checked out of our hotel we accidentally left an envelope of money on the bed. The envelope and the bedding were both white so we completely missed it. By the time we realized the envelope was not with us and ran back to the room, the maids had already come through and cleaned the entire room. We contacted the hotel front desk, and shortly after the manager and security came to talk with us and were already having the laundry service go through the entire dirty laundry loads to search for the envelope. Their quick response and effort resulted in us getting back our envelope to much of our happiness. Thanks to the Staff for their superb service.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
arzazurey
Hotel is OK, room is small, everything is over priced from room service to valet parking. We stayed at the Claremont in Berkeley the for two nights before (also a Fairmont Hotel) and no comparison. These guys should take a lesson.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Probably won't return to stay, but loved the spa"
The hotel is a historic hotel and accordingly has charm but is less comfortable by modern standards. I stayed 3 nights with my dog and I've noticed as is the case with other hotels that their designated dog friendly room was not great for a 4-star hotel. The paint was chipped at the door ways, the room was small. The two main issues for me was the heater was loud and kept waking me up and the bed made me itch. No bedbugs, but likely mites due to an old bed (which also had poor support) and again, the dedicated pet friendly room status perhaps. The property is also located on the outskirts of town which is okay if you stay within the nicely maintained property where you can stroll around, but the minute you leave it you are in a lower middle class neighborhood with adjacent thrift shop, post office and apartments. There some good authentic Mexican restaurants in walking distance. The best part of this hotel is its spa. Loved the natural mineral hot spring water that fills their indoor baths and outdoor pools. The service is friendly.
3 night trip Jan 26, 2015
Helen
"sonoma"
lovely hotel 2- 1/2 miles from Sonoma
2 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
it is a beautiful hotel that has been ruined by remodeling......the food is not the quality it was at all even the coffee shop is terribly expensive for not very good food. we ate in Sante which was very disappointing also. the spa prices are very expensive! about twice what other very nice spas charged? the lobby bar which used to server great food is also prohibitive in it's prices,the food they used to serve is no longer on the menu. My daughter and I had a glass of wine and one cocktail which was $32 ridiculous!!! very disappointing...we live locally and decided we will never stay again, just come for the day and pay to use spa,which has much better rates. ....very sad as it was always a pleasure to stay before the rates got so ridiculous....I think the people they cater to are big companies that have there meetings and such there. , the prices are too unreasonable for any one else!
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Sonoma if you're not on a budget"
Beautiful hotel with a lovely spa, bar & restaurant. Lots to offer.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"I'll stay again"
spectacular hotel, very romantic.
2 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
We had an enjoyable stay. However, we didn't have the opportunity to partake in all of the amenities.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Wine trip stop"
We were going on a wine trip with friends and found this gem online. Best place we've stayed at the whole week
1 night trip with friends Jan 18, 2015