All hotels in Sonoma, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here100 Boyes Boulevard, Sonoma, CA, 95416, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Fake Luxury"
We were very disappointed in our room after our excitement at the beautiful lobby and grounds. First we were put in a handicapped room which we did not require nor want. We switched rooms and they put us in a ground floor room. It felt like a basement and had awful fluorescent type lighting. The "view" was of a very large bush. Was not luxurious AT ALL. I would not recommend this place unless you view the rooms in advance. Far too expensive for what we received.
1 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
Terry
"Amazing getaway!"
this place is amazing! service is outstanding, they really go out of their way to help you. the bar is really cool and a great place to hang out in, and the breakfast is really good. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are really comfortable! We'll come back for sure!
3 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015
Carlos
"Classic hotel, beautiful grounds"
Wine Country get away for my wife and I. Classic hotel and beautiful grounds. Convenient to the town of a Sonoma, less than a ten minute drive, but there is not much within walking distance of the hotel. Restaurant was outstanding. Wine bar off lobby was fun, with many offerings by the glass, but a little overpriced. Room was very nice and comfortable. Wife had great Spa experience. Hope to be able to go back again.
3 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Christopher
"Superior Service!"
I went to the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa with my husband for our mini-honeymoon. The staff there were extremely helpful, courteous and went above and beyond to make our stay the best it could be. The room was beautiful and we really enjoyed our stay!
1 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
"Great getaway"
It was wonderful.
1 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2015
"Sonoma Family Weekend"
I normally don't write reviews, but I think it warrants attention because this hotel has potential it is not meeting. At this price point, I expect a much higher level of attention to detail. When we arrived at 4pm with our baby and gear in tow, we were told our suite wasn't ready. Not good. Then we were told we'd get a call as soon as it was available. An hour later. No call. They forgot to call us. I will say, they took the opportunity to make it right and gave us a voucher for food at any of their restaurants. So that's fine. Mistakes happen from time to time and if you address it properly I won't penalize you for it. However, it's more the attention to detail. For example: Pamphlets in the room were advertising fall 2014 schedules. Extra toilet paper roll non-existent, so we ran out. Lot of trash in and around the swimming pool area first thing in the morning. There were other mis-cues. In general, the staff was warm and friendly. The bellmen were very gracious and helpful. Sadly, the Fairmont has let a legacy go in my opinion, and I won't go back. I have spoken to other Bay Area locals about our experience, and they concur that they feel the same way. Disappointing.
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Angie
"One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at!"
The hotel was absolutely fabulous! We were greeted at the driveway with champagne and were checked in curbside in no time at all! They also have a superb restaurant that has a Michelin star! Their spa is absolutely outstanding. I would highly recommend getting a massage. The rooms are a bit outdated but it was the old mission so that was understandable. I would highly recommend this hotel for a getaway to wine country!
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Fatima
"perfect setting"
Wonderful stay. Hotel is just perfect
1 night trip with friends Feb 18, 2015
Kimberly
"Good and bad."
Good: the grounds, the baths, the historic nature of hotel, the free wine tasting, nice staff. Bad: Mattress and pillows were not comfortable. I felt misled into believing the baths were included. It turns out you have to pay $29 or have a spa treatment to get free access. Internet access costs $14 unless your a club member. Location is a bit far from the center of town.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Not worth the money"
Good service but extremely small and old rooms.
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Shravan
"Spectacular service"
Besides the obvious that comes with the name of the Fairmont, the service at this property was amazing. Right before we checked out of our hotel we accidentally left an envelope of money on the bed. The envelope and the bedding were both white so we completely missed it. By the time we realized the envelope was not with us and ran back to the room, the maids had already come through and cleaned the entire room. We contacted the hotel front desk, and shortly after the manager and security came to talk with us and were already having the laundry service go through the entire dirty laundry loads to search for the envelope. Their quick response and effort resulted in us getting back our envelope to much of our happiness. Thanks to the Staff for their superb service.
Response by The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Thank you for your post. One of our integral values for our customer service culture is integrity and I am glad you had a chance to witness that. We hope to welcome you back to our resort again soon.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
arzazurey
Hotel is OK, room is small, everything is over priced from room service to valet parking. We stayed at the Claremont in Berkeley the for two nights before (also a Fairmont Hotel) and no comparison. These guys should take a lesson.
Response by The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Thank you for your patronage to the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa and The Claremont, A Fairmont Managed Property, as well as for your post. I am sorry you did not find greater value at our resort. We aim to create a wonderful and valuable experience and include many extras such as daily complimentary wine tasting, guided hikes, and a variety of fitness and yoga classes.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Probably won't return to stay, but loved the spa"
The hotel is a historic hotel and accordingly has charm but is less comfortable by modern standards. I stayed 3 nights with my dog and I've noticed as is the case with other hotels that their designated dog friendly room was not great for a 4-star hotel. The paint was chipped at the door ways, the room was small. The two main issues for me was the heater was loud and kept waking me up and the bed made me itch. No bedbugs, but likely mites due to an old bed (which also had poor support) and again, the dedicated pet friendly room status perhaps. The property is also located on the outskirts of town which is okay if you stay within the nicely maintained property where you can stroll around, but the minute you leave it you are in a lower middle class neighborhood with adjacent thrift shop, post office and apartments. There some good authentic Mexican restaurants in walking distance. The best part of this hotel is its spa. Loved the natural mineral hot spring water that fills their indoor baths and outdoor pools. The service is friendly.
3 night trip Jan 26, 2015
Helen
"sonoma"
lovely hotel 2- 1/2 miles from Sonoma
2 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
it is a beautiful hotel that has been ruined by remodeling......the food is not the quality it was at all even the coffee shop is terribly expensive for not very good food. we ate in Sante which was very disappointing also. the spa prices are very expensive! about twice what other very nice spas charged? the lobby bar which used to server great food is also prohibitive in it's prices,the food they used to serve is no longer on the menu. My daughter and I had a glass of wine and one cocktail which was $32 ridiculous!!! very disappointing...we live locally and decided we will never stay again, just come for the day and pay to use spa,which has much better rates. ....very sad as it was always a pleasure to stay before the rates got so ridiculous....I think the people they cater to are big companies that have there meetings and such there. , the prices are too unreasonable for any one else!
Response by The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We do read all reviews and appreciate the feedback. I am sorry for the disappointments you experienced. We do offer various specials and promotions throughout the year that you may enjoy. We do hope to welcome you back again.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Sonoma if you're not on a budget"
Beautiful hotel with a lovely spa, bar & restaurant. Lots to offer.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"I'll stay again"
spectacular hotel, very romantic.
2 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
We had an enjoyable stay. However, we didn't have the opportunity to partake in all of the amenities.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Wine trip stop"
We were going on a wine trip with friends and found this gem online. Best place we've stayed at the whole week
1 night trip with friends Jan 18, 2015
Kimberly
"Perfect girls 29th birthday extravaganza"
My sister, daughter and I escaped to Sonoma. We had a ground floor mini suite. Good deal. We spent the day at the spa. Free yoga, pools indoor and out, quiet beautiful grounds, wine tastings. Great cheese plate. The staff go out of their way to be helpful. We saw many romantic couples of all ages enjoying together time. No one under 18 allowed in the spa. Super weekend getaway.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
JB
"Excellent Customer Service"
Customer Service was Excellent. We had a few requests during our stay and everything was responded to within 5 minutes at our door. Very impressed.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Lovely hotel."
Lovely hotel with great mineral springs pool. The staff was very attentive and helpful. Our only complaint is that there was no elevator in our wing. The second floor actually had three staircases and bringing luggage up can be quite a chore. Free wine tasting and parking.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
michelle
"The best of the best!"
The staff at Sonoma Mission Inn are exemplary. From the Valet to the front desk to the waitstaff at the restaurant we had service that was fitting such a gorgeous environment. The lobby is beautiful and warm and inviting. The beds were very comfortable and it was a perfect location for a getaway.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Peggy
"SPA? MOTEL 8"
Normally, I'm not critical of hotels, always expect things wouldn't like the pictures. Went there for a seminar, reservations for 5 days but left after 3 nights. The standard rooms are small, we got a larger executive room. The rooms have no dresser, they provide little cubby-holes in the closet for clothes and personals. The climate control heating/air was loud where you had to turn up the T.V. to hear it. However, the background noise was annoying. The shower was spacious but lacked water pressure, only the lower hand held shower was adjustable to change spray pattern. The staff was friendly and provided great service. For the money you spent on the room you would think they would provide free Wi-Fi, charge $12.95/day.
5 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
"Relaxing weekend away"
Great weekend away, comfortable, great adult spa. The internet and spa at an extra cost is annoying, particularly since the hotel is already so expensive to begin with! the bathing rituals are wonderful, especially if nursing an injured back!
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"couples retreat"
Worth the trip and short ride from downtown. If you go you must have the spa experience. Life changing. Beautiful grounds, nice rooms. Regular rooms are cozy and comfortable, suites are massive and elegant.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Sonoma Fairmont"
I was not impressed with the service at this Hotel. There was nobody at the desk when we checked in (we waited over 8 minutes before someone showed up) Also, the Valet parking was slow to get our vehicle both times even though we called down ahead of time. For a room rate of almost $400 a night -the service should be "top-notch" we were disappointed
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"Very nice hotel."
I like this hotel. The shampoo, body wash is very good quality. They also provide equpiment to heat water to drink. kcup for coffee.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"new year's eve"
There for New year's eve. All was wonderful! Very disappointed in the party though. We enjoyed when there was a live band in the hotel lobby.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Pick a different Hotel in Sonoma"
I was really dissapointed in this hotel. Not up to the standard of a Fairmont. When we drove up I thought that there was no way the hotel would be located in the neighborhood that it was in. The outside of the hotel looked nothing like the pictures on the internet. We arrived at 3:30 p.m. and our room wasn't ready until close to 7 p.m.! It was chaotic and unorganized. We had planned to use the spa while we were there but I was informed that my 14 year-old daughter could not go to the SPA and that you had to be 18 even if accompanied by a parent. Nowhere in the hotel brochure is this mentioned. The rooms were old and in need of updating. They were clean but not up to the standard of other Fairmont hotels that we have stayed at.
2 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"Nice place to get away from it all"
Love the spa-go in for treatments, or just use the spa pools-all heated, steam, sauna-so meticulously kept. The only downside is no elevator, so if stairs are difficult, ask for a ground floor room.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
MB
"Great Place Poor service"
The location is fantastic. The property is incredible. The front desk staff is or their systems are not reliable. Had to speak to the staff three times to find my luggage.
3 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Keith
"A Gem"
You will have no regrets staying here. Staff friendly and helpful the room was so elegant and very comfortable.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Cathy
"amazing and cozy!"
Amazing and cozy!
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Boris
"Relaxing!"
Took my husband for his 50th. We really enjoyed ourselves. Dori at the bar was by far the best. the bed was very comfortable, our room was VERY quiet and the spa area was very relaxing. I ish they were a little closer to town but that was our only desire nto met.
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Bridget
"Hotel is Cheap - but not the rooms..."
One of the worst stays anywhere I've traveled. Phone didn't work, the *shower* didn't work, parking lot is so small if you get there after 7 you'll have to get valet parking at $35 a night. They charge for internet? Cheap. Simply cheap and look to squeeze every dollar out of you they can. The bed was so soft I was about to sleep on the floor until I found there was a hidabed. Still they *would not* bring an extra blanket. Never again - and I advise others not to stay here either. Send them a little message to get better management. Their maintenance staff and bartender were great. The front desk wasn't, and the manager wouldn't comp anything for the troubles we had. Again, the epitome of cheap. Maybe it's just the Fairmont chain...
2 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Restaurants really excellent."
Usually hotel restaurants are just there out of necessity for the guests who don't want to eat anywhere else. But the restaurants at the Fairmont are really excellent. Vegetables and fruits are fresh and great tasting. Breakfast menu has every kind of dietary need imaginable - diabetic, dietetic, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian. The eggs are organic and you can taste the difference. Wine choices are excellent. We also used the spa facilities which are very comfortable and user friendly. We got facials and they were top notch. Just a few thoughts.... Some waiting at the front desk to check in and other guests jump the line. We had some trouble with the phone working and trying to make a reservation at the Sante Restaurant. Concierge didn't pick up several times. The room was a tad small for $200 and the bed seemed a full size rather than a queen size. The front lobby could maybe use a little sprucing up, but everything is clean -- room very clean. Bathroom large and comfortable. Towels and bedding were comfy. Loved the NY Times delivery if requested. Complimentary bottle of wine from local winery a really nice touch. .
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Jasmine
"Nice and cozy room"
Place was very nice, clean and perfect location, the only issue was that it took for ever at the restaurant, perhaps because of the holidays but the wait was too much for us, the food was good
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
liza
"some nice amenities, needs reconditioning"
The Santé restaurant and the spa with natural hot waters are unique amenities that this hotel has to offer, however the conditions of the lobby, the room furnishings, and hallway carpeting seem decades old, worn, and in need of replacement. A roadside Marriott or similar has better in-room accommodations.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Recent
"Fabulous! The beautiful inn, great food & spa!"
The spa alone makes it worthwhile. Yet, when you combine it with great food (Michelin Star - Sante) and the beautiful inn, it sends this resort to the top of the list. A must for anyone who wants a relaxing getaway.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Maria
"Sonoma getaway"
Last minute getaway for one night for our 20th anniversary. The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn remains one of my favorite places to stay in the wine country. Summer rates may be high, but in the winter, rates are reasonable and the spa is excellent.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
Nadine
"3.7"
Spa is great, however room need some update, bed is not comfortable
1 night trip Nov 29, 2014
jenny
"Comfortably plush"
The spa pools were a delight. Since it was off season, it didn't feel crowded at the hotel. We would definitely return to this grand old hotel on our next trip to Sonoma.
1 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
"We wore our robes everywhere..."
We were looking for a one night weekend relaxing retreat to kick off our holiday vacation and found a nice deal on Expedia for the Fairmont Mission Sonoma Inn. We had an amazing rejuvenating experience. We were welcomed by a beautiful courtyard and lobby and very kind staff who let us check in two hours early so we could enjoy the spa and bathing rituals. Our room was excellent, clean and comfy. We enjoyed our wearing our thick white robes to the spa, to the lobby for morning coffee and even wore our robes to the Big 3 restaurant for breakfast! We were the only ones in our robes, but others commented "what a great idea." Then they let us have late checkout until 1:30pm (usually checkout is at 12pm). The spa and bathhouse is amazing, relaxing with teas and fruits. Two outdoor pools and the warmer on on top level offers underwater spa music! The men's locker room had a skin conditioning counter. My face was so happy. We'll be back again. I plan on doing day long retreats here as well!
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Kawal
"Wine and spa"
The spa was my favorite part.
4 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
"Wonderful spa"
rooms were very comfortable. the spa is marvelous. just one thing is the next morning my friend went early to the spa and they wanted to charge her $29 for using the facilities.(my friend was wearing the hotel robe). not very professional as we were in a deluxe room and everything was included. She finally let my friend in at no charge.
1 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2014
"Elegant spa hotel"
This was my second stay at the Inn. It was decorated for the holidays and very pretty. I love everything about the Inn except having to go up the stairs to the room and the so-so but over-priced breakfast restaurant. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff is nice. The huge lobby with its fireplace and beamed ceiling is awesome. They have free wine tasting every day at 4:30 in the lobby. The cheese platter you can buy to accompany it was disappointingly small tho. Overall, however, it is a lovely place.
Response by The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Thank you for choosing our resort for your holiday getaway and for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted to read that it was such a lovely stay for you and I thank you for your return patronage. Our historic building does not have an elevator, but we do have other room types that may be accessed by elevator. We hope to welcome you back again soon and wish you a wonderful holiday season.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Val
"Superb!!!"
Beautiful decor. Super comfy!
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Awesome!"
Relaxing and quaint! Perfect centralized location to surrounding cities. Loved it and will return again next year!
Response by The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back!
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"A must for the holidays."
The FSMI is one of our favorite Sonoma weekend destinations and with all the crazy going on Thanksgiving Day weekend we decided to get away with our dog. FSMI made things easy, and offered one of the most festive environments for the holidays. We enjoyed every moment of it; from the carolers in the foyer, to the Christmas decor, the spotless linens, as well as the bath house, spa services, and evening nightcaps.
Response by The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Thank you for your post and for choosing our resort for your holiday celebration. We hope to welcome you back and help you celebrate many more warm, festive holidays in the future.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014