All hotels in Story City, Iowa, United States of America
425 Timberland Dr, Story City, IA, 50248, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

"Almost Home"
The room was clean & comfortable except for mold on the refrigerator gasket & the tub was chipped. The bed was extra comfortable with two different kinds of pillows. The breakfast was good, and the staff was pleasant.
1 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
Monica
"Story City stay"
The breakfast was very good. We used that room throughout the day and this was not a problem including helping ourselves to some of the items still there. The staff was extremely accommodating! All around it was a very pleasant stay.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Liz
"Perfect place to stay!"
The hotel was easy to get to, very clean and comfortable. The staff was excellent! When I return for another visit, I will definitely stay here again!
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Angela
Great place for the price! No complaints at all. Bed was comfortable. Room was very clean.
1 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2014
Kate
"Smoke smell and customer service issues"
At first, the hotel seemed nice. The lobby was clean and fresh and the check in process was fine. However, when we went up to our room on the 2nd floor we noticed a strong smoke smell through the halls. It was very noticeable. We went into our room and realized it was a smoking room, even though our reservation through this site was specified non smoking. We tried to call the front desk but the phone in the room didn't work so I took my young daughter down to the desk and asked to be moved as per our reservation. The clerk said that since we booked through a site rather than direct through the hotel that they did not have to honor our request. I told him that my daughter has asthma And that we couldn't stay in a smoky room. So he moved us down the hall to another room but said the hotel was booked the following night and we would have to change rooms to a smoking room for our second night. We were irritated to say the least. We contacted hotels.com and they were able to refund our money so we could go to a different hotel for the second night. The pool was nice and the breakfast was good but paying this much money to stay in a hotel that smells like smoke was not acceptable for our family.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Uncomfortable"
Wouldn't stay again, especially for the price I paid.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Sam
"great for going to a wedding"
Stayed here for a wedding. A bit pricy but saved the drive back and forth if we had stayed in ames
1 night trip May 3, 2014
"Nice location"
Overall, our stay here was great and I would stay here again. The breakfast was very nice and plentiful. The down side is we were put in a smoking room and it smelled horrible. Also, there wasn't much for sound proofing done when they built this hotel. We could hear the people in the next room and the people above us walking back and forth for hours. I wanted to complain but my mom didn't so we just waited until it was all quiet before going to bed. This was pretty late and we had to get up early. I would give this hotel a higher score if it weren't for the sound problems and smelly room.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
Sheri
"Great hotel for smokers who prefer no ventilation"
The lobby smelled of cigarette smoke, but then stepping off the elevator onto the 2nd floor was like walking into a smoke bomb. The first 10 rooms are smoking rooms before a traveler ever gets to the non-smoking rooms. Once inside the room, the heating and air conditioning unit did NOT work. We called the front desk about it, but no one ever came. Thank goodness the windows opened, but we were kept awake by a huge thunderstorm. The beds were old mattresses, lumpy and soft. We won't return.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Jane
"Return Visit"
We were pleased as always with this hotel. It was neat and clean. The staff was very approachable and helpful. We have stayed in this hotel several times over the last couple of years and have never been disappointed.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2013
"Nice pool area"
This is a newer hotel and is in great condition. The pool area was very nice. Normally hotels of this size have dreary pool rooms. This one has lots of windows that let in lots of sunshine. The breakfast selection was not terrific but well maintained. We will stay here again when in the area.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Reasonble, updated, and clean"
I found this stay similar to staying at a Holiday Inn Express -- modern rooms, convenience including WIFI, and clean/comfortable beds.
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2013
JT
"Just ok"
Everything was fine but the people above me must have had like twenty kids cuz that's all I could hear was running around.
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2013
Wade
"A nice hotel"
This hotel had clean comfortable rooms, and the staff were all professional and friendly. Very close to the outlet mall and a nice antique mall, as well as several restaurants. We were very happy with our stay.
2 night trip Apr 26, 2013
Howard
Overall quite satisfactory
1 night trip Apr 26, 2013
D. Nelson
"family stay"
felt it was over priced for the age and quality of the hotel.
Other trip Nov 27, 2012
cyfan
"Downhill from our last stay here"
The sheets were paper thin they were so worn. Stains on the sheets looked as if they weren't clean. We were late getting out of our room one day, and it was never cleaned. We were disappointed. We had stayed here many times, but we are looking elsewhere for our next visit to the area.
3 night trip Nov 8, 2012
"Very comfortable, but not so friendly front desk"
We kinda of didnt have a lot of hotels to choose from, we needed something in Ames but every hotel was full. Its only about 15-20 mins from Ames so wasnt too bad. Theres a small mall in walking distance, and right around the corner convinece of food and gas. I was very pleased with the room and the bed was nice. We had two rooms because it only offered a king bed, come to find out the room had a couch with a fold out in it, so you may want to call and check about that. I was a little upset when I called before and said we needed our rooms early and they were running late and couldnt let us in the rooms for an hour. The front lady was very rude, but the next morning complelty differant. Overall it was nice we werent there that long but I enjoyed my stay.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2012
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Comfort Inn

"Family reunion stay"
07/25/15 Luv2travelido
We stayed here for a family reunion. A great location just off I-35. Very easy to get to. Large private room with a nice King bed. Always appreciate having a refrigerator in our room. Nice pool and exercise room. Great hot breakfast. Will definitely stay here again!
"Always great"
07/06/15 W4198XImaryb Lawrence
We have stayed here multiple times. It is always clean, extremely comfortable beds and pillows, VERY friendly staff (chat nicely with our kids!), great breakfast with fruit, yogurt, etc, clean warm pool. Will come back.
"Great Stop"
06/30/15 tknopf Schofield
This hotel was a stopover for a family trip. I booked this hotel because of the positive feedback on Tripadvisor. The hotel is conveniently located right off of the interstate and near gas stations and restaurants. The rooms were spacious and modern. The wi-fi was fast and reliable. The entire hotel was well maintained and very clean. The breakfast was more than expected and certainly offered many options. I would highly recommend this hotel if you need a clean, reasonably priced place to stop.
"Very impressive"
06/05/15 pmeklund International Falls, Minnesota
Expected average and got more. We had king bed and when we arrived in our room it was spacious with fridge, microwave, flat screen, desk, couch , and large bathroom. This might be largest room we've ever had traveling . The town closes down at night except for the all night gas station so be prepared . Tiny hot tub and pool but I have no complaints about that either. Well put together continental breakfast. Clean and fresh building, adequate parking , I give this an A+
05/28/15 khock79162 Florida
Great little hotel with a convenient location, clean comfortable rooms and excellent staff. I can't say enough good things about the staff. We were a large party (several rooms) and everyone was very patient, kind, and accommodating even with multiple requests. The only problem was the strong cigarette smoke smell in the hallway. We were told they were in the process of becoming totally smoke free. Odor was not detectable inside the room, only in the hall.
"Good Stay"
05/27/15 hereintop Topeka, Kansas
Clean and comfortable room. Easy on and off the highway. Great breakfast, nothing fancy but well stocked. I would stay again. My only minor complaint is that if you are a light sleeper, make sure you stay at the far end of the motel. There is some road noise at the lobby end of the motel.
"Usually a stop when appropriate"
05/26/15 warpspeed2015 Berwyn, Illinois
Nice clean hotel and well worth the stop for a room. The breakfast could be better and thats the only complaint in the numerous times I've stayed here. WIFI is strong in every room I had. An elevator makes staying on any floor convenient.
"Truly Comfortable"
04/25/15 Taos_NewMexicoBeth Taos, New Mexico
The Comfort Inn lives up to its name here in little Story City. The bed was perhaps the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in, and my husband agrees. We arrived too late to take advantage of the pool and hot tub, but they looked very inviting. The room was spacious and the breakfast was fine. My only criticism is that the heater made a thrumming noise and I had to turn it off. I was also surprised at the relatively high room rate for such a small town, but in the end the comfort of the bed made it worth every penny. I'd definitely stay there again.
"Wonderful"
01/22/15 ldydriver Story City, Iowa
Good news ! First floor has new air conditioning / heater units . In my opinion it works great ! Wonderful comfortable bedding, mattresses and pillows. I plan to purchase a couple myself. As always the manager and staff are friendly and professional. The none smoking rooms do not smell of smoke at all. The hall smells of chlorine because of the pool but usually only if the doors are open to the indoor pool area. Working vending and pop / water machines. Ice machine does not smell of mildew and provides clean ice. All in all , great rooms, good hot breakfast , nice coffee and breakfast area, comfortable beds , clean hotel. Pet friendly with pet fee.
"Loved it!"
01/20/15 Vicky L Frankenmuth, Michigan
Everyone there was very nice. We seriously felt like family. The man at the front desk came to the pool to tell our kids us that they had baked chocolate chip cookies. Our maid was very attentive. The breakfast was really good and everything was clean. The bed and couch in our room was very comfortable.