All hotels in Story City, Iowa, United States of America
425 Timberland DrStory CityIA50248United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

Rather comfortable
    Clean
    Great room
"Incredibly Friendly & Accomodating"
The staff was so friendly, so welcoming, and accommodating. They received us with goody bags, too! This is definitely the best place to stay in the area...
4 night romance trip Mar 10, 2016
"Good resting place."
It's just off I-35. Great half way stop between home and our kids and grandkids. Story City is a nice town. Major plus is the staff. Very hospitable. We will stay again.
1 night family trip Mar 9, 2016
It was a nice stay
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
"Football and Friends!"
Had a fun weekend with friends attending ISU football game. This hotel was very clean, quick check in and out and very very comfortable queen bed! We were very happy with our stay, the amenities and the price! Will stay again!
2 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2015
Lori
"Weekend Stay"
Great location for Iowa State University activities with a more reasonable price than lodging closer to the school. Quiet and comfortable; staff is very friendly and accommodating.
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
Timothy
They were very prompt with getting continental breakfast ready knowing we wanted to eat at 6:00 when it opened
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"Almost Home"
The room was clean & comfortable except for mold on the refrigerator gasket & the tub was chipped. The bed was extra comfortable with two different kinds of pillows. The breakfast was good, and the staff was pleasant.
1 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
Monica
"Story City stay"
The breakfast was very good. We used that room throughout the day and this was not a problem including helping ourselves to some of the items still there. The staff was extremely accommodating! All around it was a very pleasant stay.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Liz
"Perfect place to stay!"
The hotel was easy to get to, very clean and comfortable. The staff was excellent! When I return for another visit, I will definitely stay here again!
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Angela
Great place for the price! No complaints at all. Bed was comfortable. Room was very clean.
1 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2014
Kate
"Smoke smell and customer service issues"
At first, the hotel seemed nice. The lobby was clean and fresh and the check in process was fine. However, when we went up to our room on the 2nd floor we noticed a strong smoke smell through the halls. It was very noticeable. We went into our room and realized it was a smoking room, even though our reservation through this site was specified non smoking. We tried to call the front desk but the phone in the room didn't work so I took my young daughter down to the desk and asked to be moved as per our reservation. The clerk said that since we booked through a site rather than direct through the hotel that they did not have to honor our request. I told him that my daughter has asthma And that we couldn't stay in a smoky room. So he moved us down the hall to another room but said the hotel was booked the following night and we would have to change rooms to a smoking room for our second night. We were irritated to say the least. We contacted hotels.com and they were able to refund our money so we could go to a different hotel for the second night. The pool was nice and the breakfast was good but paying this much money to stay in a hotel that smells like smoke was not acceptable for our family.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Uncomfortable"
Wouldn't stay again, especially for the price I paid.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Sam
"great for going to a wedding"
Stayed here for a wedding. A bit pricy but saved the drive back and forth if we had stayed in ames
1 night trip May 3, 2014
"Nice location"
Overall, our stay here was great and I would stay here again. The breakfast was very nice and plentiful. The down side is we were put in a smoking room and it smelled horrible. Also, there wasn't much for sound proofing done when they built this hotel. We could hear the people in the next room and the people above us walking back and forth for hours. I wanted to complain but my mom didn't so we just waited until it was all quiet before going to bed. This was pretty late and we had to get up early. I would give this hotel a higher score if it weren't for the sound problems and smelly room.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
Sheri
"Great hotel for smokers who prefer no ventilation"
The lobby smelled of cigarette smoke, but then stepping off the elevator onto the 2nd floor was like walking into a smoke bomb. The first 10 rooms are smoking rooms before a traveler ever gets to the non-smoking rooms. Once inside the room, the heating and air conditioning unit did NOT work. We called the front desk about it, but no one ever came. Thank goodness the windows opened, but we were kept awake by a huge thunderstorm. The beds were old mattresses, lumpy and soft. We won't return.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Jane
"Return Visit"
We were pleased as always with this hotel. It was neat and clean. The staff was very approachable and helpful. We have stayed in this hotel several times over the last couple of years and have never been disappointed.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2013
"Nice pool area"
This is a newer hotel and is in great condition. The pool area was very nice. Normally hotels of this size have dreary pool rooms. This one has lots of windows that let in lots of sunshine. The breakfast selection was not terrific but well maintained. We will stay here again when in the area.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Reasonble, updated, and clean"
I found this stay similar to staying at a Holiday Inn Express -- modern rooms, convenience including WIFI, and clean/comfortable beds.
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2013
JT
"Just ok"
Everything was fine but the people above me must have had like twenty kids cuz that's all I could hear was running around.
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2013
Wade

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

1 night family trip Mar 5, 2016
2 night romance trip Aug 17, 2015
1 night trip Jul 15, 2015
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Comfort Inn

"Wonderful place to stay"
04/04/16 hennessey0714 Elk River, Minnesota
The front desk lady Maliya was so helpful and great. The whole place was just great. The pool area was nice and clean, the breakfast area was so nice. Everyone was just very nice and welcoming. Would stay there again.
"10 Star rating"
03/26/16 WinterTexanfromMN Brainerd, Minnesota
Our stay at Comfort Inn exceeded our expectations from accommodating, friendly staff to exceptionally clean room and common areas to a fantastic tasty breakfast. You can tell the manager and staff take pride in their work. WELL DONE!! Will definitely stay here again as we pass by Story City Iowa
"Perfect"
03/24/16 Connie K Bozeman, Montana
We were road weary travelers. We were greeted with a smile and given a very comfortable and quiet room. The staff offered us free chocolate chip cookies with milk, which we took advantage of. We then enjoyed the pool and hot tub. This hotel is very clean, comfortable and friendly.
"Clean and Updated Overnight"
03/19/16 Neal L Coon Rapids, Minnesota
Hotel appears to have a fairly recent update. Room was extra clean and fresh. Comfortable stay with a little highway noise. Staff was friendly too. They offered a decent breakfast, nothing spectacular. Close to ISU/Ames .
"I thought the front desk clerk was extremely helpful and pleasant and professional"
02/15/16 Sharon C Kansas City, Missouri
I wish that I would have got the gentleman's name that was on the front desk February 13. He was extremely helpful and nice. He went above and beyond to help us find our way around. I was traveling with my elderly mom on this trip and it was a pleasant experience here. Would highly recommend
"Best Staff and Hotel!"
02/10/16 Amy D Rosemount, Minnesota
My daughter, her friend and I were stuck in a blizzard trying to get home to Minneapolis. Between the officer who helped us and Roy Watson who is the general manager of the hotel, we were taken care of. So kind and went out of their way to make sure we were safe and comfortable. If you are ever in Story City IA, don't hesitate to stay at Comfort Inn. Best people ever and very nice rooms. Thank you Roy and Story City for making a bad situation better.
"Awesome Hotel!"
02/03/16 Kathy J Saint Paul, Minnesota
This hotel looks like it is a new motel - clean, fresh. The room was awesome, spacious, great beds, nice furnishings! Everything was first rate! Warm cookies in the afternoon - large, clean indoor pool - friendly, helpful staff! Breakfast was great - lots of cold and warm options. We were stranded here during a snowstorm and lucked out at the last minute because of some cancellations - we were indeed lucky! The nicest hotel we stayed at during our vacation!
"Best bed anywhere..."
12/20/15 Wonderfly Minneapolis, Minnesota
The mattress was superb. Pillow-top with lots of support. Really clean room. Friendly staff. Just as good as the other reviewers said. And no, they didn't encourage us to say so. We were really pleased. A nice place to stay at a reasonable price.
"The best motel that we have ever stayed at!!!"
11/15/15 Leon S Corona del Mar, California
We have stayed at many places over the years, but none have matched the excellence of Comfort Inn at Story City, Iowa. We came out to Story City for my wife's father's funeral. While at the Comfort Inn, everyone was so pleasant and accommodating!! Since the family is from all over the U.S., we needed a place to gather after the memorial service. We asked if we could use the conference room. Not only did they say yes, they set it up and brought in extra chairs, water, and that evening, made us warm Chocolate Chip cookies and milk!!
"Frequent Stays"
10/11/15 Tracy M Indianola, Iowa
I travel for work and this is one of my favorite places to stay. I always know I will have a good night sleep as the room and bed is so comfy and the breakfast is outstanding. The staff are friendly and welcome everyone as a frequent guest.