All hotels in Story City, Iowa, United States of America
425 Timberland Dr, Story City, IA, 50248, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

Rather comfortable
    Great room
    Quite clean
It was a nice stay
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
"Football and Friends!"
Had a fun weekend with friends attending ISU football game. This hotel was very clean, quick check in and out and very very comfortable queen bed! We were very happy with our stay, the amenities and the price! Will stay again!
2 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2015
Lori
"Weekend Stay"
Great location for Iowa State University activities with a more reasonable price than lodging closer to the school. Quiet and comfortable; staff is very friendly and accommodating.
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
Timothy
They were very prompt with getting continental breakfast ready knowing we wanted to eat at 6:00 when it opened
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"Almost Home"
The room was clean & comfortable except for mold on the refrigerator gasket & the tub was chipped. The bed was extra comfortable with two different kinds of pillows. The breakfast was good, and the staff was pleasant.
1 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
Monica
"Story City stay"
The breakfast was very good. We used that room throughout the day and this was not a problem including helping ourselves to some of the items still there. The staff was extremely accommodating! All around it was a very pleasant stay.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Liz
"Perfect place to stay!"
The hotel was easy to get to, very clean and comfortable. The staff was excellent! When I return for another visit, I will definitely stay here again!
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Angela
Great place for the price! No complaints at all. Bed was comfortable. Room was very clean.
1 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2014
Kate
"Smoke smell and customer service issues"
At first, the hotel seemed nice. The lobby was clean and fresh and the check in process was fine. However, when we went up to our room on the 2nd floor we noticed a strong smoke smell through the halls. It was very noticeable. We went into our room and realized it was a smoking room, even though our reservation through this site was specified non smoking. We tried to call the front desk but the phone in the room didn't work so I took my young daughter down to the desk and asked to be moved as per our reservation. The clerk said that since we booked through a site rather than direct through the hotel that they did not have to honor our request. I told him that my daughter has asthma And that we couldn't stay in a smoky room. So he moved us down the hall to another room but said the hotel was booked the following night and we would have to change rooms to a smoking room for our second night. We were irritated to say the least. We contacted hotels.com and they were able to refund our money so we could go to a different hotel for the second night. The pool was nice and the breakfast was good but paying this much money to stay in a hotel that smells like smoke was not acceptable for our family.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Uncomfortable"
Wouldn't stay again, especially for the price I paid.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Sam
"great for going to a wedding"
Stayed here for a wedding. A bit pricy but saved the drive back and forth if we had stayed in ames
1 night trip May 3, 2014
"Nice location"
Overall, our stay here was great and I would stay here again. The breakfast was very nice and plentiful. The down side is we were put in a smoking room and it smelled horrible. Also, there wasn't much for sound proofing done when they built this hotel. We could hear the people in the next room and the people above us walking back and forth for hours. I wanted to complain but my mom didn't so we just waited until it was all quiet before going to bed. This was pretty late and we had to get up early. I would give this hotel a higher score if it weren't for the sound problems and smelly room.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
Sheri
"Great hotel for smokers who prefer no ventilation"
The lobby smelled of cigarette smoke, but then stepping off the elevator onto the 2nd floor was like walking into a smoke bomb. The first 10 rooms are smoking rooms before a traveler ever gets to the non-smoking rooms. Once inside the room, the heating and air conditioning unit did NOT work. We called the front desk about it, but no one ever came. Thank goodness the windows opened, but we were kept awake by a huge thunderstorm. The beds were old mattresses, lumpy and soft. We won't return.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Jane
"Return Visit"
We were pleased as always with this hotel. It was neat and clean. The staff was very approachable and helpful. We have stayed in this hotel several times over the last couple of years and have never been disappointed.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2013
"Nice pool area"
This is a newer hotel and is in great condition. The pool area was very nice. Normally hotels of this size have dreary pool rooms. This one has lots of windows that let in lots of sunshine. The breakfast selection was not terrific but well maintained. We will stay here again when in the area.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Reasonble, updated, and clean"
I found this stay similar to staying at a Holiday Inn Express -- modern rooms, convenience including WIFI, and clean/comfortable beds.
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2013
JT
"Just ok"
Everything was fine but the people above me must have had like twenty kids cuz that's all I could hear was running around.
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2013
Wade
"A nice hotel"
This hotel had clean comfortable rooms, and the staff were all professional and friendly. Very close to the outlet mall and a nice antique mall, as well as several restaurants. We were very happy with our stay.
2 night trip Apr 26, 2013
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Comfort Inn

"Awesome Hotel!"
02/03/16 Kathy J Saint Paul, Minnesota
This hotel looks like it is a new motel - clean, fresh. The room was awesome, spacious, great beds, nice furnishings! Everything was first rate! Warm cookies in the afternoon - large, clean indoor pool - friendly, helpful staff! Breakfast was great - lots of cold and warm options. We were stranded here during a snowstorm and lucked out at the last minute because of some cancellations - we were indeed lucky! The nicest hotel we stayed at during our vacation!
"Best bed anywhere..."
12/20/15 Wonderfly Minneapolis, Minnesota
The mattress was superb. Pillow-top with lots of support. Really clean room. Friendly staff. Just as good as the other reviewers said. And no, they didn't encourage us to say so. We were really pleased. A nice place to stay at a reasonable price.
"The best motel that we have ever stayed at!!!"
11/15/15 Leon S Corona del Mar, California
We have stayed at many places over the years, but none have matched the excellence of Comfort Inn at Story City, Iowa. We came out to Story City for my wife's father's funeral. While at the Comfort Inn, everyone was so pleasant and accommodating!! Since the family is from all over the U.S., we needed a place to gather after the memorial service. We asked if we could use the conference room. Not only did they say yes, they set it up and brought in extra chairs, water, and that evening, made us warm Chocolate Chip cookies and milk!!
"Frequent Stays"
10/11/15 Tracy M Indianola, Iowa
I travel for work and this is one of my favorite places to stay. I always know I will have a good night sleep as the room and bed is so comfy and the breakfast is outstanding. The staff are friendly and welcome everyone as a frequent guest.
"Good hotel if I didn't have to go past smoking rooms"
09/14/15 Retired0ne2 North Mankato, Minnesota
Stayed on the 2nd floor which the room was great, but to get to our room, we had to go past the rooms that allowed smoking in them. Hallway had oder of cigarette smoke and walking past rooms it got worse. Our room was very comfortable and clean, opened the windows for fresh air and the continental breakfast was good. Would have given it 5 stars if not for the smoke. Talked to the clerk, who said they were fazing out the smoking rooms in near future
"Very clean and comfortable with friendly service. Easy access from I35"
08/23/15 Therese T Minneapolis, Minnesota
We stayed here during our visit (from Minneapolis) to the IA State Fair which was about 40 minutes away. This is a newer property and it was spotless! The beds were very comfortable with 2 firm and 2 soft pillows on each bed. The bathroom was also extremely clean. Breakfast was the usual Comfort Inn fare, but with a few more hot entrées (two waffle choices!) All the food was fresh. The dining room was very clean as were the serving trays and containers. There was a slight snafu on check-in: our room had only been partially cleaned. But we were given another room immediately with an apology. Whether it was for this reason, or if they're always so friendly, the front desk person approached our family (and two others) at the pool and asked if the kids would like freshly baked cookies. Wow! I also appreciated the fact that this Hotel seems to have a big community presence. There was a small local group holding a meeting in the dining room after breakfast was over. There were also a couple seniors using the pool in the early hours for some therapeutic exercise. None of it interfered with the guest experience and it demonstrated the caring environment that definitely was shown to guests.
"Friendly Staff, Nice Hotel"
08/21/15 KayZee1313 Prior Lake, Minnesota
We were in Story City for a meeting. Chose Comfort Inn for convenience. The front desk staff person was terrific at check-in. She had obviously noted my room requests (3rd floor--which is nonsmoking--and at the far end of the hotel). We had a good sized room with windows that open! The furnishings were in great condition. The bed was comfortable. We appreciated having both soft and firm pillows on the bed (nice touch--typical hotel pillows are much too firm for us). Lots of TV channel choices on the large flatscreen.A small thing we noticed is that the floor had not been vacuumed very well. There were small scraps of paper and lint in several places on the rug, but the bathroom was immaculate. The breakfast was the usual fare at any budget hotel, but at least the eggs were real and not powdered. I might have given this 5 stars (for something in the budget category), but I can't believe they still allow smoking in some rooms. If I'd had a viable choice of places to stay, I would have selected an alternative based on that fact alone. However, following the advice of other reviewers I requested a 3rd floor room and was granted that request. Therefore, I will stay again the next time I am in Story City. NOTE: Using the hotel address, your GPS will not take you to the Comfort Inn. Use the map on their website.
"One of the best Comfort Inns you'll find anywhere"
08/20/15 Viking94708 Iowa
This is a great find, located about 15 minutes north of Ames. The staff are exceedingly friendly and the place is nice. Unfortunately, the DQ and the McDonalds here at the same exit are a joke and I wouldn't consider eating or snacking there.
"Excellent Value"
08/18/15 Paul C
Picked the location by mistake but it was one of the best, inexpensive hotel/motels we've stayed at. Clean, with great amenities and helpful staff. Only slight problem was the WiFi was, at times, intermittent.
"One of the nicest of the "budget" hotels ever!"
08/11/15 Foodwriter50459 Northwood, Iowa
This property is squeaky clean, has very friendly staff people and the manager, Roy Watson, bends over backward to help and please his guests. He is a "real" person and will do what it takes to make sure each guest has a pleasant stay. The breakfast is excellent...several hot items along with all the other expected cold offerings. The rooms are well-appointed with new comfortable beds only a few months old...plus FOUR pillows! Internet is free too. I have stayed here before and have never been disappointed.