All hotels in Flagstaff, Arizona, United States of America
122 West Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ, 86001, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
    2.6
    2.5
"Not as advertised in any way."
As one previous reviewer pointed out, the pictures online of this motel are at the very least deceptive of the accommodations and surroundings. The front desk lady was not very friendly or accommodating, and our room smelled like fresh, noxious, paint that had not been given time to air out. It was exacerbated by the fact that the antiquated radiator heater had been painted, then turned on. I paid $15.00 extra a day (which I am going to contact Expedia about getting a refund for) for a "nice continental breakfast, which was never provided....That in itself is charging for and advertising a service that was not rendered. The motel is on a very noisy street corner intersection and our fellow guests had questionable all night activities as well. I'm typically, not very picky, and forgiving, but for what we paid for this room, and what was advertised, outside of paying $20 night, spend your money elsewhere.
Response by Rodeway Inn Downtown
Hello Johnny, We appreciate your time in bringing your concerns to our attention. I apologize that we failed to meet your satisfaction during your stay. I will bring all of your concerns to our management so that they can carefully look into the matter and address accordingly. Please know that we are working very closely to offer our guests value services at all times.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
Johhny
Not enough parking, motel was so outdated I am surprised it ever gets any check-ins unless like us, it's a last resort. The lady at the checkin counter was courteous and helpful but the motel itself was awful.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2013
"Small, but clean room."
The only bad point: they move our suitcases and belongings to another room, recently painted, when we were out. The smell of the paint affected us.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
Daise
Very convenient location for Amtrak travelers. We stayed their on arrival and departure for a week long stay in Flagstaff area. Room was clean, comfortable bed, flat screen TV, frig & microwave - all the basics for an overnight stay.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
VEH
"Disappointing"
Room was disappointing - much more run down than picture shown on web-site. Shower dripped all night. Window in bathroom opened with a handle which was broken, so could not fully close window. Carpet was dirty. Was ok room for arriving late and leaving early and not doing much more than sleeping. Wouldn't want to spend much time awake in this room.
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
"Hotel in Downtown Flagstaff"
The hotel, though conveniently located in downtown Flagstaff is also directly on the main road, Route 66, which made for a noisy night. First thing in the morning I awoke to a jack hammer and very loud road construction across the street. I realize the hotel was not at fault for this but it made for a rather unpleasant stay.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
"Great location, not so great room"
The hotel is close to the center of town so you can walk everywhere. The room we stayed in was pretty small and the lobby reeks of curry.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
victoria
"Close to Amtrak - that's about it!"
Room was clean. Hallway leading to the room stunk of cigarettes. The room was extraordinarily small but included mini-fridge and microwave. Literally right across the street from Amtrak.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2013
Ken Strom
everything could have been excellant but we were told to leave at 9 am due to room cleaning...
1 night trip Sep 24, 2013
Herman
"It's a place to sleep."
I could barely get my door to close once in the room. The bedroom floor didn't feel solid. The bathroom was clean though. Train and traffic noise was continuous. If you only need a place to sleep for a few hours it is fine.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
"perfect location to downtown life!"
It was a great stay with great improvements to the rooms. Comfortable beds with all the amenities needed for my stay. Customer service could use improvement on friendliness to customers at check in.
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2013
College NAU student
"Nice hotel close to the train station."
I enjoyed staying close to town and shops, It was fun and I enjoyed staying close to the train station.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"Great location, kinda dumpy, but clean."
We had a wonderful stay in Flagstaff. The room at the Roadway was clean, and most of all in a great location. There are many choices for bar hopping, dining out, and sight seeing in walking distance. I did get bit by something, but I'm not positive it was at the Roadway. For the money, in the summertime, it's a great getaway. The guy didn't let us check in until 3:00 PM, which I thought was a little lame, but there is so much to do nearby we didn't mind too much.
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2013
"Walking distance to historic Flagstaff"
Decent room with great location and price. Staff was helpful when asked for extra towels.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
Cathy
"Terrible."
After driving from Amarillo, TX we were so excited to finally lay down and relax. However this hotel was beyond creepy. There were people making a bunch of noise outside and 6 cop cars drove by in a matter of minutes. We immediately checked out and found a new place to stay. Which was worth the extra money.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
Jenna
"Wow"
This place has only one thing going for it, LOCATION. Otherwise it was the most disorganized and disgusting place I've ever encountered in the US and Mexico. Yes is was worst than any place I've stayed in Mexico. Oh and we had a mouse eat through a to-go box while we slept.
2 night business trip Jul 12, 2013
poor quality of pillows very thin and lumpy.....
1 night trip Jul 8, 2013
"Great disappointment!"
My husband and I were greatly disappointed in this hotel. Upon arrival there wasn't anyone in the office and the door was locked. This was in mid to late afternoon. Once we finally received our room, I will say that when we asked for the quietest room we were given a room that was indeed quiet. However, the room was very old, you couldn't hardly turn around in the bathroom, and the extra deadbolt on the door didn't work. The next morning when my husband went to the office for coffee, approximately 7-7:30 a.m., there was another guest waiting on the stairs because once again the office was closed. I will not stay at this hotel again and so far my experience with Rodeway Inns hasn't been positive. I stayed at another location the night previously and although the room was fine and in good shape, construction began in the adjoining room at approximately 7am!
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
"A great hotel in bad hands"
This is my second stay in this hotel. Earlier I stayed here in 2008 that time the hotel was not as bad as it is today. A great location a great hotel but managed by unexperienced people. Many people complain about its close proximity to Amtrak and noise but it is not true. The train sound really does not botther me. The only thing bothers me curry smell at the entrance and reception area and the attitude of receptionist at guest check in desk. The room decoration and house keeping service is terrible. I wish if it would have been managed better way. Once again the hotel is in a great location.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2013
"Perfect location when on a budget"
The location was great. The price was right. The room was a bit dated.
Other trip May 30, 2013
"Traffic and trains = no sleep"
Hotel is on the main road into town, busy traffic, loud buses, and if thats not enough right on the other side of road is the rail road tracks with a train every 20 - 30 minutes.
Other trip May 29, 2013
"It was well situated and clean"
The room (although small) was clean and the beds comfortable. Hot showers and cold mini fridge. Mom and I stayed here overnight having gone to Sedona that day and then leaving for the Grand Canyon the next morning. She tends to go to sleep very early ~ being that I'm a night owl - I really appreciated being close to all the night life without having to drive.
2 night trip May 20, 2013
"We were desperate..."
I hate to leave a negative review but the only reason we stayed here was due to all other hotels being booked! (Memorial day weekend). This motel was very old and outdated. Also, our room had a very INTENSE curry smell to it. Yuck. Luckily around the corner was a happy herb shop and we bought some oil to burn and rid the bad curry smell. As soon as we walked in to the room we knew we had just thrown nearly $300 down the drain. The plus side: this one was downtown which was within walking distance to nearby restaurants and shops. Also, they are pet friendly.
1 night business trip May 25, 2013
Eva
"At least it was close to a nice Irish pub..."
Wife and I stayed in a room that reminded me of my old college dorm room (not a good thing). At least there was a nice pub and sushi place very close by. Not quite as close as the train outside the window though. Luckily, the overly loud AC unit teamed with janky window to mostly drown out the noise... Should have stayed a few miles outside of Flagstaff and saved the money. Might be worth the location for some I suppose.
Other trip May 12, 2013
"Disappointing"
This hotel is in a great location right on the edge of downtown but the hotel is rundown and cramped. The bathroom is very small, kind of like an airplane except it has a shower. The room is so small that the TV cabinet blocked the window. After the first night, I didn't get any towels, the coffee pot was left in the sink and my room key wouldn't work. The parking lot is very small and crowded. I don't think there are spaces to accomodate all the rooms. If you are a woman, a couple or a family, you should find another hotel. If your a guy by youreself, it's bearable but I won't stay there again.
Other trip Apr 16, 2013
"best location"
Going up to Flag for a couple nights without a car, this was the IDEAL place. It isn't top of the line, but i wasn't there for the hotel/motel experience. The location is perfect as i walked easily to it from the Amtrak station. The room was clean (yes small, but i didn't live in it) the bed was VERY comfortable and the mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker were handy. The price was right, and even though it is close to the road and the train, i was not disturbed at all during the night... i would stay here again.
2 night trip Apr 10, 2013
"Quick Trip"
Very run down but you get what you pay for. It was worth the money.
Business trip Apr 13, 2013
"Hotel in transition"
They were in the process of painting and working on the deferred care of the property from the previous owner. The beds are in need of replacement. I was told those were next after the paint and repair work.
3 night trip Mar 22, 2013
MD
"Saturday Night Stay"
We stayed here before so knew what to expect. Check in was fine, curt but OK. I like this spot because of the location but that will not be enough to bring me back again. The bed was small and uncomfortable, the heat non-existent, a small leak in the bathroom was disconcerting and the cost was just too much for the shortcomings. I visit Flag regularly but will not be staying here again.
1 night trip Mar 30, 2013
Rich
"Basic, But Good"
The rooms are basic, but clean and safe, which is what matters to me. The proprietor was lovely. I got turned around getting there, so I had to call for directions. She gave me clear, easy-to-follow instructions. I was traveling alone, so she gave me my choice of rooms, and assured me she would be around all night. The location is great... within walking distance to just about everything. There is apparently a train track nearby, though, so that made it a little harder to sleep. Overall, a good experience.
1 night trip Mar 6, 2013
"Close to Orpheum and drinking"
Very clean, close to the Orpheum Theatre and late night good life. Yes its small and there is train and auto noise, but bring ear plugs for sleeping & you'll be just fine.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2013
road tripper
"Get it together."
This hotels location is great but the front desk was rude. The rooms were mini and their layout was random. Its about time to update the decor.
1 night trip Feb 27, 2013
"LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!"
It may be a postage stamp room and not the prettiest but it's within walking distance to the Orpheum Theater and very reasonably priced. Will definitely stay here after concerts.
1 night trip with friends Feb 23, 2013
Heidi
"Horribly thin walls"
The people were nice but the walls were extremely thin. You can hear everything!! The rooms were extremely cold. I booked a room because I thought it was a Hotel. It turns out is not a hotel. It is a MOTEL. The parking is limited also. On the other hand it has a good atmosphere to it. Regardless of the thin walls and cold.
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2013
Perfect location great price especially during the week. Room was clean, outdated interior but this was basically a room to leave our stuff in and crash. One bad thing the water didn't work since the pipes froze that night it was 6 degrees out. So they let us shower in another room that was vacant and had running water before we checked out It was a little inconvenient but not necessarily the hotels fault but it worked and was followed up by good service.
1 night trip with friends Feb 11, 2013
"Fair Value. Great for Amtrak to Phoenix"
Hey, a lot of bad reviews but for $42 dollars I had a clean room with a great shower. Right across the street from the AMTRAK station. Yes, it is an older property but better than I expected for the $$. Room was clean. Carpet clean. Sheets were clean. No signs of bugs. Sure, you can hear the train but I got off the train. Yes room is not much bigger than the bed but hey, the sleeper car I spent the previous 36 hrs in WAS EXACTLY the size of the bed. Much better experience than I expected. Beat the hell out of getting off a train, climbing onto a bus and getting to Phoenix at 2AM
Other trip Feb 8, 2013
Nick
"sucked"
Management sucks poor people skills and if i ever have to stay there again i would sleep in my truck first
Romance trip Feb 3, 2013
brian
"Awful customer service"
The front desk woman is so rude.
1 night trip with friends Jan 26, 2013
"Best Location for Price"
Great location if you want to drink downtown and not have to drive.
1 night trip with friends Jan 25, 2013
Tony H.
"Awful!"
No bathtub, no phone in the room??? So small we could barely turn around. Dirty, no outlets in the bathroom??? Hideous! We will NEVER go back to this hotel!
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2013
Tony & Tamara
"Small beds"
They state "queen"size beds but they are actually full size. The train is loud and the rooms are tiny. Good if your looking to party downtown and just want a place to walk to when your tipsy. Don't have high expectations for this place
Business trip Jan 17, 2013
"Good for over night stay"
"Continental Breakfast" was nasty orange juice, apple juice, and coffee. Hotel staff was very unfriendly (threw hotel room keys at me when I checked in). Will never stay here, again.
1 night trip with friends Jan 11, 2013
"Very small room for a very big price"
Our room must have been above the manager's quarters because the cooking odors were very strong and unpleasant.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2012
"Great location - tiny room"
This motel is walking distance to downtown, so it's great. But, the room was really tiny and the whole place needs renovation or a wrecking ball. But, there were no rodents and no bugs so it worked out fine.
1 night trip Dec 16, 2012
"cold hotel stay"
The staff right away was going to charge me double for having another person and i had to explain that i had made reservation through Expedia and she was rude about it and then asked to see my conformation number that showed i had already paid for two adults. the hotel was old and the heater broke down in the night that we had to pull out our sleeping bags. the area where our room was at it was very dark. there was staff walking by the window on the roof. it was an uncomfortable stay was eager to get out and back on the road.
Other trip Dec 15, 2012
Ger
"Close to Hospital"
The room was very clean and neat, but very small. Great if you wanted something nice and cozy. Train tracks right across the street. The desk clerk had no customer service skills. If you want anything other than King size bed, be prepared to climb stairs. I wont stay there again because of the manager/desk clerk was not friendly at all and when I entered the office she continued to stay on the phone which seemed to be a personal call speaking in another language without even acknowledging me.
1 night trip Dec 10, 2012
"The location is what makes this hotel!"
If you like to stay in luxurious places, go to another hotel.If you don't mind old, small rooms with no amenities then stay here. The location is right in downtown Flagstaff so you can walk to the restaurants and bars! The staff wasn't rude on our arrival but the women seemed almost annoyed with us because we booked online. She did smile when we left!! The room and bathroom were clean but there was an old cigarette butt on the window ledge. Reviews I had read prior to my trip mentioned hearing the train pass by constantly. They was accurate but I didn't mind.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2012
"Close to downtown, but lacks comfort"
Stayed beacause it's convenient to Amtrak station and close to downtown Flagstaff. The place is not what you'd expect. It could be maintained better. Beds were horrilbe.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2012
Arizonan
"Cheap & clean"
You get what you pay for... The price is right. the rooms are small. Newly renovated. Decent accommodations.
Other trip Nov 26, 2012
"Bad customer service."
The hotel personnel was not friendly at all made us wait 10 minutes before 3:00 check in time even though nobody was there. Did not have information on the area or attractions.
2 night trip Nov 14, 2012