All hotels in Negril, Jamaica
Norman Manley Boulevard, PO Box 2575, Negril, Westmoreland, Jamaica, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Home away from home"
I stayed at Travellers Beach Resort for a little under a week, and I really enjoyed myself. This family operated hotel on the beach is just what you need. The entire stay is friendly and welcoming. The rooms are clean and comfortable, they do not have those brick hard matress that most resorts do. You can actually get a good nights sleep. The food you order at their restaurant is made to order and delicious. Definitely will be going back there.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
KJ
"It was fun and relaxing!"
This place is a very relaxing but yet fun place to have your vacation. Everyone in the hotel is nice and make you feel comfortable. The wait on the food is a bit long but food is very good! You have a pool bar and the beach restaurant which was great for us! Kareoki nights are fun.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Would not recommend"
It took over 1 hour to check in. The standard rooms we had booked online turned out to be the tiniest, simplest, most basic and not worth the rate they were going for. Since they were non refundable our only option was to upgrade to a "deluxe" which was more like a standard but not worth the additional expense. We felt ripped off! The staff were in attentive. You had to ask multiple times for anything and sometimes never got it. There were no phones in the rooms. You wonder what would happen in an emergency if you can't make it to the front desk. It's not the kind of place you want to spend your hard earned money for a vacation.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Grace
Overall a nice little hotel. Wasn't sure how good it would be for the price we paid but were more than pleasantly surprised. Great pool with swim up bar, hotel is right on the beach and the staff is wonderful. Food is ok but reasonably priced. My only complaint would be the lack of cold beer, every beer I ordered during my stay was warm. Other than that great place!
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Great location! Great Value"
Negril is an awesome place and Travellers was perfect. Located close to everything. Right on the beach. It had everything we needed for a long weekend stay. The restaurant was convenient and inexpensive for breakfast, So relaxing to be right on the beach with your OJ and toast. The pool was nice too! We choose the cottage with the kitchenette. It was perfect for us. Not big by any stretch but gave us the real Jamaica Feel!. Nice to sit on the front porch with a cocktail. Overall very happy with the place!!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Shelley
"Right on the beach."
I had an excellent time. There was nightly entertainment at the bar, (the piano player/singer was incredible. The rooms were a little outdated but clean. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Would definitely visit again.
7 night trip May 22, 2014
Cindy
Nice small hotel
4 night trip May 24, 2014
"Perfect non-inclusive hotel in Negril"
I am originally from Jamaica and wanted a all-inclusive feel resort but not pay the cost because I knew I was going to eat with the locals. The overall service was excellent. The facility: I stayed with my parents and sister in the main hotel (2 double beds). The room was VERY spacious and so was the bathroom. The pool was very clean, and there was a staff lifeguard there who got us chairs and even taught a little boy to swim. The FOOD: We had the buffet breakfast which was a perfect blend of authentic Jamaica food (ace & saltfish) and american (pancakes, omelettes,etc). The bar drinks were the bomb!!.They also had Jamaican night which was delicious-and buffet style. The STAFF were all great especially at the bar (Romeo)were all fantastic. The beach has a security guard from morning until dusk and the entrance to the property also have a 24 hr security.
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Can't say enough about the friendly staff"
Location of hotel and bar & Restaurant on the beach is fabulous !! Staff is very helpful and friendly!! Food was very good!! We will be back!!
Other trip May 15, 2014
Val & Richard
"my cottage very comfortable had a kitchen"
Beach and pool clean,food prices reasonable alittle ways to other resorts
7 night trip May 4, 2014
fred
"Wonderful Hotel, Even better people"
Travellers was an excellent place to spend our vacation. The staff were all amazing, you felt like you were family staying here. I would stay here again over the upscale large resorts every time. I highly suggest staying here, if you are going to be in Negril. The staff and management alone, really make your stay enjoyable and memorable.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Great vibe"
I have stayed at various hotels in Negril but I have to say this is my current best! the staff at the bar and on the grounds and the friendliest I have encountered. Nothing is a problem, everything is possible. The rooms vary, one friend stayed in standard and It was a little tight but for the price excellent value. another stayed in a deluxe and this was larger and pretty comfortable but the real gem for me at this resort is the suite. Wow I could have stayed for months, very spacious great kitchen and bathroom. This place has a great swimming pool great bar and restaurant and good entertainment. Big up to Travellers!
Other trip May 4, 2014
annymc
"I really am in love with Travellers"
I had the most amazing personal getaway at Travellers from April 22-26. This was my third time spending time at the hotel and yes, 3 times is the charm. Everything was awesome...I had hesitation about staying in the cottage styled room but it was perfect for me getting the much needed rest and personal time away that I wanted. The staff was amazing and the location is perfect for those like me, who are adventurous.
4 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Rosie Peppy Parke
very nice friendly atmosphere. good food, good people, hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. will definitely go back!!
Response by Travellers Beach Resort
Thanks for your review Jay. I'm glad you found us to be accommodating and friendly. The staff here makes all the difference. We look forward to your next visit!
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
jay
"Right on the beach"
This was my first trip to Jamaica and after spending time on the beach and the cliffs, I've decided that when I return I prefer the relaxed, serene settings of the cliffs to the hustle and bustle of the beach. If you like the beach scene, Traveller's is a good option. It's right there on the beach with friendly staff and nice grounds.
Response by Travellers Beach Resort
Thank you for your review and for recommending Travellers. The beach and cliffs do offer a different experience and it is nice to experience both options. Feel free to stop in for Karaoke or any of our entertainment nights on your next visit.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Ali
"Close to beach"
Very outdated resort. Needs renovations. Saw mice and huge crabs in my room. Bathroom was very small and had a mildew odor.
Response by Travellers Beach Resort
Thanks for your review. We sincerely apologize for the less than pleasing stay you had with us. Our bungalows are pretty rustic and basic rooms and are admittedly in need of some upgrades. Our focus has been on our other room categories in terms of upgrades. The bungalows unfortunately will be the last to get updated which is why we offer them for such a low price year round. I encourage visitors to check out other room types before settling. We hope to be able to accommodate you in the future in a room that may be more to your satisfaction.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Travellers Beach Resort"
We had a wonderful time. Our room was not ready when we got there, so of course Davion upgraded us, the following day our room was ready. perfect room I might add, clean neat, awesome view. room 52 has a perfect view, of everything. There wasn't one person at the resort that didn't have a smile and say hello, they make it friendly and comfortable. We had 10 days of care from the staff, our room was cleaned everyday, beds made, fresh linen's. There is no pressure at Travellers, to do excursions. They keep a clean beach, that's nice. The snorkeling right off our beach was perfect, star fish all sorts of shapes sizes, some fish, some coral. sea grass etc. the ac was cold. we swam in the pool a lot as well, nice pool. places to sit and chill, relax. We met some wonderful people on the beach. we are already booked for next year and bringing friends. We had a wonderful time, everything we wanted for vacation we had at Travellers.
Response by Travellers Beach Resort
Hello Kate, Thanks for leaving a review. I'm happy to hear that you were pleased with your room. 52 is one of the rooms we've upgraded so your feedback is encouraging. We'll be sure to share your feedback with the team and we look forward to seeing you again next year.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
kate
"Nice resort with great people"
We really enjoyed our stay. Admittedly, the hotel could use a little sprucing up; the bathrooms are showing their age and each room really needs a chair. Having said that, the pool was great, the spa was great, and the staff was phenomenal. At each dinner or lunch, Kadinia treated us great and always had a wonderful smile and attitude! Kemar at the gate was always on duty and gave us some great ideas for local dining. I don't remember all the names, but the entire staff was wonderful!
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"Thr hotel didn't provide the regular necessities."
It was a good trip but, the hotel was too far from everything.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Nice but you have to pay for EVERYTHING."
Stayed for 4 days. Staff was nice but room was outdated and our shower broke while using it. breakfast buffet was 11 bucks and not worth it. Right on the beach!
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
Alicia
"Affordable with pool, bar, restaurant on the beach"
We really enjoyed 8 days at Travellers, though a few issues. Bungalows are a downgrade from regular rooms. Just painted wooden shacks with bed, fan & toilet. At check in we were told they could not find our hotels.com reservation, even though we had printed confirmations. After an hour we were put in a bungalow but not what we had reserved. The hotel did bring a fridge, but we needed the sink, stove & coffee maker. We called Hotels.com - customer service was very helpful, offering to put us in another beach hotel with room with kitchenette as reserved if necessary. After 27 minutes they came back & informed us that we would be able to stay at Travellers, & to accomodate the kitchenette they would upgrade us to a Superior room (in main hotel with cement walls, 2 double beds, A/C & kitchen). We were very happy with this accomodation & had a wonderful week. At the end of the week, when for one last day, our original reserved bungalow w/kitchenette became available, we instead decided to splurge - cancel that last day of the hotels.com reservation & we upgraded to the best room at Travellers! It was nearly 6 times the nightly cost, but for just a night we had a king size bed, full kitchen w/bar, den, bathroom & 2 balconies - a perfect way to end our relaxication. We found beds comfortable, rooms clean, housekeeping daily was great, location near town very convenient, security on beach was fantastic and we liked being at the opposite end of 7 mile beach from the all inclusives.
7 night romance trip Mar 2, 2014
Sam L
Decent rooms but very small. Bad bathrooms. Staff wonderful and they are working hard to improve restaurant. Better than other hotels in area.
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2014
Very accommodating, The staff was friendly. Was right on the beach so it made it nice to just walk out from my room onto the beach and into the water.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2014
"Truly a great place"
They are extremely accommodating and some of the friendliest people in Negril. The Wellington's who are the hotel owners are there everyday and are all over the property socializing with the guest and staff to make sure your experience as a guest at their resort is as best as it can be. They are very friendly and have a beautifull little resort, it is a small very personable resort that has a really home kind of feel to it. It is also in a prime spot on 7 mile beach. Nice restaurant and bar bit prices seemed a little high on some of the menu items, but no problems on that as you are surrounded by a plethora of bigand small places to eat within wwalking distance (even as close as next door). Will I be back? Ya Mon!!! Its a great little place!
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"NIce place on the beach & close to downtown"
I found this hotel an excellent value for the money! Staff was great. Food was too. Don't expect Sandals, Couples, or RIU ! It's not that. Fridge & air worked fine. WiFi was free, so was in room safe.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
T.J.
"Ideally located for great family getaway"
It was an awesome, relaxing experience, more like a home away from home.It was laid back, unpretentious devoid of the fake, upscale big hotel hurrah! You get my drift?
6 night trip Dec 21, 2013
Errol
"On water, beautiful views, poor hotel"
Lots of ongoing repair/construction. Good thing it's on the water with scuba diving on premises. Bad thing was rooms are fair to poor. Restaurant was ok and reasonably priced.
4 night trip Dec 21, 2013
Hotel was great! I choose this hotel based on reviews other pple had written. The hotel was staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was right on the beach and very well-kept. The hotel supplies beach towels and lounge chairs free of charge. The restaurant was shaded by a huge tree and the food was very good (excellent pancakes and Sunday buffet). The room was clean.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2013
"Rooms smell like urine"
Friendly staff and nice area, but rooms smell like urine...
1 night trip with friends Dec 17, 2013
"Great Place!"
Wonderful beach, pool, restaurant on site fantastic. Friendly staff and nice shallow beach. Everything clean and everyone nice!
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
"Seven Mile Beach is amazing, but..."
This resort was more like a motel near the beach. Issues with room included: there were stains on one of the comforters, and it took hotel staff til the next day to replace it, also the water flow in the bath/shower was extremely faint-- couldn't get the tub to fill even if we tried. Food options were limited -- after one day of eating on the resort, my party and I went searching off the resort for variety. The pool and hot tub were both out of commission during my stay, which was also unfortunate. Also, my birthday took place during my stay, and the resort did nothing special to recognize it, though we informed them.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Magda
"Mini vacation"
Staff was great.. Romeo the bartender AWESoME! Hotel room pretty basic but wasn't looking for extravegance, convinently located.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Alison
"You get what you pay for"
Traveling as two single females during the off season, I did not feel completely safe. We had already stayed at an all inclusive hotel in ocho rios for four nights and just wanted one cheap night in Negril. The hotel seemed almost vacant. Our room was quaint, but I expected this. The only problem with the room was that the locks on each door could've easily been opened with a credit card. My friend couldn't sleep that night because she was afraid someone would break in. The problem that we had was more with the vendors on the beach. We wanted to walk down the seven mile beach, and a man was waiting for us just outside of the property line. Jimmy (the man) started trying to make us buy things and smoke. He ended up tying touristy bracelets on our wrists so we would owe him. My friend felt guilty and brought him money later for the bracelets and he demanded more and more money until I got angry. There was a security guard who would keep vendors out, but this means you have to stay on the beach in front of the hotel. Courtney who drives a boat and I believe a taxi was amazing and picked jelly fish up out of the water with his hands. There are stingrays and jellyfish in the water so be careful when swimming. I think my problem may have been more with the jimmy character than the hotel, but I wouldn't go back with just two females again. We did not do all inclusive. The dinner that I had here was the best meal that I had the entire stay in Jamaica. Sunset was amazing.
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
AG
"Great staff, nice beach deck."
"Travellers", although not physically luxurious, is a place that takes pride in its hospitality. The staff is friendly and helpful and they provide whatever service you need. But also they have entertainment to keep the guests there. August is slow season in Jamaica and Travellers seemed to have more people than any of the other places we checked out. The beach is situated under the beautiful shade of the sea-grape and almond trees that act as umbrellas over the dining deck, so I did not get a sunburn. There is a Glass bottom boat right there on the beach and you can go out snorkeling whenever you want. All of Jamaica is casual and relaxing. There is no rigid schedule. That's what we all need sometimes.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
Cornelia
"Home sweet home"
This resort is my home away from home. I have been staying their for over 10 yes. I love this place & the staff.
6 night family trip Jul 9, 2013
Angela
"Service with a smile!"
I was pleased with the staff and the service. I needed some extra things and allI did was ask. The property is very laid back and quiet so it's perfect for people who simply just want to relax. There is entertainment on certain nights like bonfires and karaoke. The bar and restaurant was decent. I did love and reccemmend the conch soup, the breakfast escovietch fish, and the dinner curry chicken! I did enjoy my peacful stay.
3 night romance trip Jun 15, 2013
"pleasant stay"
Travellers Beach Resort is a nice hotel to stay for the price. Close to the beach and in the central area of Negril Seven Miles. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was clean. My disappoint in the roon was there was no amenities such as kleenex in bathroom, no radio or phone in rooms, and the most disappointment was not having a space/small table to set down your drinks or food in the room. Also, the size of the room was small compared to other hotels I have stayed in Negril. Overall, my stay at Travellers Beach Resort was pleasant and I do not necessarily have a problem staying there again. Yes, I may recommend staying at Travellers keeping in mind the lack of amenities in the room.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
Margie
"pleasing"
I loved the pool and water fall the food was very good also
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
Pamela
"Travellers Beach Hotel-Negril"
the room was small and the bathroom was a bit tight; but the room was very clean, linens and towels were very clean!!! had cable tv and AC - a must! I missed having a microwave and refrigerator; but I didn't ask for them either. I don't know if those were available to me at all. Being on the beach was a definite plus! The grounds were immaculate! couldnt beat it for the value!
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
Carmen
"Angel"
I have been staying at this Horel for over 10 yes. It's my home away from home when I'm on the island. I do love staying here. Excellent staff & service.
3 night trip May 18, 2013
Angela
"Nice Hotel, good location"
It's a really nice hotel, it's well located and the staff it's really nice. You should try the restaurant, the food it was the best I tried in Negril.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"Small and cozy hotel located on the beach."
My experience about my stay was a little disappointed because when i made my reservation i specifically told the agent i needed a double-bed not 2 double bed and when i arrived the room was not ready. It was small and over-crowded with 2 beds, the toilet seat was broken, and the shower-head was squirting water all over the bathroom. When i went to the front desk the clerk gave me an attitude but did gave us a different room, which was small but more comfortable.
Other trip May 16, 2013
"Great for the Budget-minded"
I was very pleasantly surprised by the hotel overall. Since the price was among the lowest listed, I feared that the rooms would be tiny or the hotel run-down. That was definitely NOT the case. The room was the largest I've stayed in anywhere outside the US. The grounds were clean and very well maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is on the end of the beach closer to town, so be prepared to interact with real, live Jamaicans (a very good thing in my opinion). If you are looking for a place to get the best of the cliffs and the beach, Travellers is the place. You can easily walk down the beach or into town, and the restaurants and clubs on the cliffs are a short cab ride away. I would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
Jill
"Travellers Lodge"
This was my first trip to Jamaica so I really had no clue what to expect. Travellers Lodge was like the extremely affordable resort. No cops on the beach meant lots of selling of anything and everything so you really can't relax on the loung chairs without getting asked to buy something every 5 minutes. However, the shady porch was a great way to start your day with coffee and end it with a Maitai!!! For the price, it was right. The money saved went towards excursions and souvenirs. All in all, a very nice trip.
3 night business trip Mar 21, 2013
"Environment"
The environment was just what the doctor ordered. I suppose you could a relaxed atmosphere is what you will always get when you are in Negril, but it starts with the staff at Travellers. They are good about you smoking on the resort you can get a drink from the bar and move to a new locale ie walk on the beach. You wish that at least one meal was complementary and they had a little more beach but its an intimate resort for sure. Hot water yes. Balcony yes. View yes
3 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2013
"Nice rooms at good locations"
The room was clean, quiet and comfy. On-site restarants serves good breakfast - jamaican or american style. The hotel location is not right on the beach but it has direct access to the famous Hip streeet and doctor cove beach is just on the other side of the road. The hotel staff - most of the part is very helpful nature however we were missing patio chair and water pressure in shower was very low. We told front desk about these issues within a couple of hours of our check-in and even after 3 days things were not fixed (even after reminding them a couple of time)
2 night romance trip Feb 24, 2013
"Friendly, fun place to stay"
Wonderful folks own and work at this hotel. They treat you like friends. Nice facility with great bar/restaurant with gorgeous sunset views. LIVE entertainment right at the bar several nights a week. Rooms & beds are very comfy. Easy access to the beach. Not the most up-to-date bathrooms, but adequate. other guests say they come back year after year. Was thrilled to have found this place at such a good price. Would definitely go back to this hotel again.
3 night trip with friends Feb 24, 2013
Ellen
Traveller's Beach Resort is nice; but don't expect anything more than room. Bar service is slow and sometimes surly, there are no included meals, and the food at Traveller's is not very Jamaican or very good, though it is decently expensive. The alcohol at the bar is cheapish for a hotel, though the selection is wanting. The pool is nice, when you aren't being hassled by a staff member, each of whom seems to have different rules about when the pool closes and proper conduct in the pool area. This seems to be a general theme with Traveller's and many Jamaican spots, where each employee has a different idea of what is and is not allowed, and all are more than willing to voice these opinions.
4 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2013
Adam
"Nice hotel on the white sands of Negril."
Of the three hotels we occupied during our stay in Jamaica this was by far the best one. At first it was a shock that there was no phone, alarm clock or any of the other basic hotel ammenities, but besides that we were happy with our stay. The staff was friendly and it was nice to have our room only a minute walk from the white sands and green water of the Caribean. We would recommend this hotel for families and singles and if we ever do go back to Jamaica we would stay here again.
5 night family trip Dec 25, 2012
Wagner Family
"You get what you pay for"
Decent hotel overall with one restaurant and bar right by the water. The hotel condition is average, and the room amenities are very basic. The nicest part about the room is the little outside patio with a table and chair. Note that you will likely need to use a lot of taxis to get around (which cost $10-12) each way to the West End (where there are a lot of restaurants and attractions - but no beach). So just think of that for your overall budget. If all you want to do is hang out by the beach and relax then this hotel is perfect for you. If you plan on venturing out, you may want to consider staying on the West End as Negril in general is very spread out.
Other trip Dec 10, 2012