All hotels in Avenel, New Jersey, United States of America

Clean
    Good internet service
    Awesome vibe
    Bad pool
"Make sure you check in to get the room you reserve"
The room was great,just when we got there they sold out of my mind room that i reserved. So they had to give me a double room. Besides that the stay was great even tho the beds were a little small for two people.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
"Staff"
We are very satisfied with our stay here! Excellent staff and attendants, Kencia in particular was a sweet heart in helping us with our getaway. We couldn't ask for more. Thank you all!!
Rogelio & Myrna
"Great bargain!"
It was a nice hotel, great for the price. Right off US-9, so easy to get to. Has the basic amenities and clean rooms. Aesthetically pleasing. Some decent restaurants in the surrounding area (nothing walk-able, though). Only thing I didn't like was their house coffee, but that's a very minor minor detail.
1 night business trip Nov 1, 2014
"good place to stay"
Only stay for one night. If the mattress was better my stay would it be excellent
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Oscar
"Peace and Quiet"
Great location for purpose of stay. Room was comfortable and enjoyed my stay. Quiet, clean restful night.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Overall very nice and friendly staff. Room very clean. Amazing price!
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Quite good."
Arrived at 1:35 in the morning, was given a room upgrade. Was a lovely overnight, and made a nice price point.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
It was clean. No extras but we were very happy with the clean and quiet
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
Kristina
"Curtain strange"
My stay was pleasant the room was in the back ! The curtain in the room show light they didn't close all the way couldn't Understand that
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2014
brenon
Cleanliness was up to par. However, one of the main reasons this hotel attracted me was the pool . The pool was out of service for the duration of my stay.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"Close with fews shopping"
This hotel pricing reasonable , clean , nice breakfast and nice stuff
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
raymond
"No pool or hot tub as shown on hotel listing."
The staff were nice and the room was nice. The Neighborhood was exactly like I remembered (I grew up here) rough. The main issue I had was That I chose this place over others due to the pool and hot tub. Both were offline the whole week and no one could give me a straight answer why. The best I could find out was that it would be a lohot tub.ng time. They should disclose this on their web site. Still states pool and
4 night family trip Sep 29, 2014
henry
"close to NYC"
Very nice facility, affordable and not too far from NYC.
1 night family trip Sep 4, 2014
MH
"Nice hotel not too far from the airport."
The staff was very helpful. I was upgraded to a suite.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Awesome"
This is good hotel for a right price
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
Lapok
"Nice Clean Hotel"
Very friendly staff and clean hotel! Price was great also
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"love my visits"
Great service. Very accomodating
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
lina
"Very Clean"
Simple but very clean and convenient, front desk lady was very helpful. Indoor pool is open until midnight.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Val
"great service"
very friendly staff and reliable shuttle
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Last minute booking will not be forgotten!"
We booked the hotel room at 9pm and showed up around 11pm. We walk into a clean and nicely decorated lobby. The agent greeted us with a friendly demeanor and quickly got us our keys. The room was clean and the bed was super comfortable. The breakfast the following morning was decent (the only thing was limpy bacon and chalky eggs) but that didn't deter our rating of this stay. They even have a shuttle to the Rahway train station, which I took advantage of to get to work that day. All in all, great stay and we'd definitely stay again because it's so convenient!
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Jenny
Hotel was nice but there was no refrigerator in the room. Loved the hot tub though. It was perfect. Not sure we would stay again due to no fridge. Good thing we had a decent size cooler with already cold drinks.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2014
Jen
"Refused breakfast 10 min. Before closing"
Overall except breakfast 3.5 Breakfast -1
2 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
Rudy Paniagua
"Wonderful, Clean hotel. Friendly staff!"
I stayed in this hotel during a business trip and I honestly couldn't wait to get back there after working long hours. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and were happy to help us find places to eat. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay!
3 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
Emma
"no food"
The hotel was great, overall; however, I never got to eat breakfast. Each morning the cooks could not keep up with the demand of people. There was not enough seating. I was told to call before coming down to see what would be the best time to eat. There was never a good time to come down; I never got to eat there.
3 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Very Good Hotel"
This Hotel was great, it had a 24 hour Gym. The pool was a little small but didn't get to use it anyway. The room was spotless just wish there was a refrigerator in the room but you could request one. The Staff was very helpful. The continental breakfast was good except the powdered eggs and the room for breakfast was very small. But overall it was a great place to stay
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"pleased"
There are many other hotels and motels in the area. But this one fit our price range and standards of a hotel. Very pleased with the room. The breakfast was just like any other hotel buffet style breakfast. Overall great stay. There are many places to go to eat in the area if you stay on the highway.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
Very clean, nice hotel. I was pleased, but didn't like that they swiped my card at check in for a $20 "Incidentals" hold -- they said that would be refunded after my stay (up to 7 business days after). Overall, though, the hotel was very nice and comfortable. They accomodated all my requests.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
it was nice and Clean that was my first time staying in hotel like that
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Daytar
"GOOD"
THE THING THAT I DIDN'T LIKE ABOUT THIS HOTEL WAS EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS A SIGN THAT SAYS "DO NOT DISTURB" WE WERE DISTURB. I GUESS FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES NEED TO TRAIN THEIR EMPLOYEES.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
GULSHAN
My stay was pleasant, only there to sleep, went to family's home about 8 miles away. The rooms were clean, hotel overall was clean, getting into the parking lot from highway 1&9 a little challenge, you do not see the hotel until its right up on you. Need to post signs a little further back to inform people not familiar with the area. Breakfast was ok, dining facility was very small.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
D and R
"poor"
I think I deserve s free night poor service bad breakfast pool broken. And way too crowded.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2014
tom
"Great Experience!"
Great Experience! Clean and friendly staff! Would highly recommend!
"No room available"
Showed up and they did not have a room available. They put me in another hotel that was less money than I paid. Not a good experience
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014
Great stay. Room clean, staff friendly. Neighborhood is what to be expected on Rte 1 in NJ. Knew that going in since I am from the area. Safe & secure..
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Mead Maker
"Great hotel;comfortable, clean and amazing stuff"
The hotel is welcoming, the staff was amazing, my gf and I were a few minutes late for breakfast and they still accommodated us and gave us all attention, nice pool and jacuzzi the room was cozy and well cleaned by Florentina, the bed was extra comfortable; I have nothing but good words for the Hotel. Will definitely come back.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
Shondra
"Very nice room overshadowed by loud,external noise"
The room itself was pleasant and well maintained. Unfortunately, our sleep was disrupted throughout the night by shouting in the parking lot and the intermittent noise of motorcycles driving by. The net effect was a significant loss of sleep due to these noises.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
DJ
"Transportation"
It took my daughter and I, 2+ hours to get back to the hotel from the airport. We got on the wrong van as there were more than one FAirfield Suites vans. This was my only complaint.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Sumida Family
"CLEANNNNNN....."
This had to be the cleanest hotel I ever ever stayed in in my life. The rooms are up to date and the front desk weren't too bad. Breakfast tastes bland as ever lol. But they include hot breakfast so it's not so bad. Overall if your looking for a clean place to stay your gonna have to pay up and this place is worth it.
1 night business trip May 31, 2014
Jamie
"Very nice hotel, convenient to Scotch Plains."
Our 2 night stay was vey nice. The room was clean but could have been a little larger to be more comfortable. There was no refrigerator and we were told they are only in suites. There were none available either. This is often important for some medications. The breakfast was very good.
Other trip May 17, 2014
Marsha
The first time we stay there we got a bigger room. It also looks like we got a room this time that isn't used all the time, too much dust. Loved everything else.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
P
"Great experience"
I love this place
2 night business trip May 10, 2014
Byron James
"Pleasantly Surprised"
Hotel staff were very professional and seemed genuinely eager to please all guests... Nice vibe...
1 night trip May 7, 2014
F.R.
"Handled tour bus wonderfully"
We were very impressed with the way the hotel handled 3 buses that pulled in Saturday night. It was a school trip or church trip with kids. When we saw this upon pulling in we were worried. But we never heard them once. I wish adults could be controlled that well. Daphne at the front desk was very helpful for anything we needed. We would definitely go back, the hotel was very clean, the showers hot and the breakfast was all we needed.
2 night trip May 2, 2014
jean
"we loved every bit of the hotel"
We booked the hotel before arriving. Indeed we made a great choice..
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"You could probably do better"
Not horrible, but for the money it costs you could probably do better. Rooms are nice enough, the staff was fine, but the neighborhood is pretty bad. The complimentary breakfast was borderline inedible. The one thing I did like was the free shuttle to Newark Airport, or anywhere within 5 miles. I used it twice this week to go to the Rahway NJ Transit stop to head into NYC. I found that part of it pretty convenient.
5 night business trip Apr 20, 2014
"bad hotel.disappoint"
when arrived at hotel this was full. and the staff called to other hotel .we don't have more options at 10:00 pm take the other hotel
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Would highly recommend"
Great over night stay!
1 night trip Apr 14, 2014
L P
"Underwheliming for the location and price"
When I arrived around midnight, the staff was available and friendly and everything was in order with my reservation. They did not have any bottled water which they normally provide, so I was allowed to choose a soda or other drink from the snack bar. The room was generally acceptable with a couple of notable exceptions. There was a small "present" for me in the toilet which obviously had not even been fully flushed since the last occupant. There was also dried toothpaste on one of the walls in the room. The hotel was quiet through the night evern though there were a couple of high school sports teams staying there. Bedding was fine. Check out the next morning was prompt after waiting a couple of minutes for the one desk clerk to return to the desk from helping herself to the breakfast bar. The breakfast bar was well stocked and very satisfactory. For not being that close to a major metroppolitan area, the price seemed a little high for what we got.
1 night trip Apr 15, 2014
"Spotless and efficient"
The hotel was nice and clean, albeit with a whiff of bleach when we entered. It was a nice change from the litter covered area of New Jersey right across from the scary Rahway prison and right next to some auto wrecking yards and small factories. Even then, the room was quiet, the breakfast good, the fitness room small but modern, and the staff friendly and helpful. We had to change our room after settling in due to a faulty TV, but even that incident would not make me think bad of the place.
2 night trip Apr 5, 2014