All hotels in Norton Shores, Michigan, United States of America
1520 E Mount Garfield Road, Norton Shores, MI, 49442, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

Delicious food
    Clean
    Awesome vibe
    Ordinary pool
"Good place to stay"
It was a very good place to stay. The bed could have been a more comfortable.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the kind feedback about the Fairfield Inn and Suites. I was disappointed that you did not like the beds as they are brand new. I hope it doesn't deter you from returning. We hope to see you again soon!
2 night romance trip Jan 14, 2016
"Spa weekend"
Nice room I didn't care for the plantation shutters that closed off the bathroom and spa tub a little more privacy would have been nice. Needs the chair in the room recovered a little worn looking on the arms. Mattress was a little hard for my liking.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn for your spa weekend. I am sorry that a few things fell below your expectations. The mattresses are new, so I am sorry they were not to your liking. Thank you for the feedback. It will help us improve all guest's experience at this hotel. Hopefully we can welcome you back soon!
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2016
Pamela
"Best Place to Stay in Muskegon!"
It was great!
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
We couldn't agree more! Thanks for the five star rating!
2 night business trip Dec 14, 2015
"CHRISTMAS PARTY"
WAS THERE FOR A BUSNIESS CHRISTMAS PARTY
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review. I am pleased that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable place for you to stay while you were in town for your business Christmas party. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.
1 night trip Dec 5, 2015
"great place to stay"
Hotel is very comfortable place to stay I'm at the hotel 3 or 4 times a month it's great
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for continuing to stay at our property! We certainly appreciate that and the five star rating. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
1 night trip Nov 26, 2015
maurice
"If the door is open, get another room!"
When we got to our room, the door was unlocked. Called downstairs, they did say we could have another room. But we didn't know the toilet wasn't working well, and I guess they didn't either?? Everything else was fine. When they offer you another room take it!! We have stayed here 3 or 4 times, and it's been great.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I am sincerely sorry that your toilet wasn't working properly. I have addressed this issue with the appropriate staff so that we can ensure that this is an isolated issue. I am pleased to hear that your previous stays were great. We hope this incident does not deter you from staying in the future and that we will have the opportunity to host you again.
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2015
We have used this hotel on multiple business trips to the area. The staff is always very pleasant, professional, and accommodating. The rooms have always been very clean and the beds are very comfortable. The facilities are first rate in my opinion and the breakfast wonderful.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an excellent review! I am pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable room. It's always refreshing to wake up to an excellent, hot deluxe breakfast in the morning. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
Hotel was Ok but way over priced for the area and overall condition of hotel. The rating said wonderful and maybe wonderful for about $100 not so much for $300. :(
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the disappointment you experienced during your recent stay. Our prices are currently significantly higher during the summer.I can assure you that we are priced equivalent to similar properties in the area. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future to win back your loyalty.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
"Mediocre Hotel, Extraordinary high price."
Average hotel which is way overpriced. Staff is pleasant, courteous but so called breakfast is mediocre at best. Location is great. Curtains didn't work but the staff person took some money off the stay, which was nice.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Please accept my sincere apology for the disappointment you experienced at the Fairfield Inn. The rates are significantly higher during this time of year due to the high summer demand. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the breakfast at the hotel. Please note that I have addressed the curtain issue that you experienced. I invite you to return and allow us the opportunity to win back your confidence.
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
The bathroom toilet keep backing up.other than that. I thought the staff and breakfast was great.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. I am truly sorry for the toilet issue you experienced. I have addressed this with maintenance to ensure this problem is resolved for future guests. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff. I will be sure to pass this along to them. We hope you will choose to stay at our hotel if your travels bring you back to the Muskegon area.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Deborah
Nice staff, clean room. Nicely located near mall and a variety of restaurants. Short drive to both grand haven and Muskegon. I would definitely stay here again.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review. I am pleased to hear that your room was clean. Housekeeping works very hard to ensure each guest room is clean for our guests. I will be sure to pass along this praise to them. I am glad that you found the location of the hotel convenient for your needs. We look forward to your return!
2 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
The motel met our needs but it was overpriced. The room was clean and somewhat cramped.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
Margaret
"Great overall stay"
Great stay!! Friendly staff, and great hot breakfast!
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We appreciate the wonderful review. I am happy to hear that the staff was friendly and that you enjoyed the breakfast. We hope to host you again in the future.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Very friendly staff and clean room...excellent breakfast
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
We realize breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I am glad you liked it! Thanks for the review and the business!
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Perfect room for the occasion! I would definitely stay here again!
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. I love when guests use the word "perfect" to describe their stay. That's exactly what we strive for. Thanks for the review. Thanks for the business. We look forward to your return!
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Great family-friendly hotel, close to everything!"
We stayed here for a long weekend getaway. GREAT LOCATION! Close to Michigan's Adventure, lots of beaches, dunes, etc. Also close to almost any restaurant you could want! Staff was incredible - room was very comfy - pool was GREAT - breakfast was delicious (although there is a "breakfast sergeant" who will make sure you are finished at exactly 9:30!!)! Loved everything - we'll be back!
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I am so sorry that our breakfast attendant made you feel you couldn't leisurely enjoy your breakfast. It's unfortunate after such great comments about the hotel and area. Please know that I will speak to the breakfast attendant and hopefully another guest will not have the same experience with her that you did. I do appreciate all of the other great comments about the hotel and sincerely hope you will return soon!
"Nice but"
Nice modern hotel; free coffee and tea; free continential breakfast BUT walls too thin on my level. If I stayed here again I would request a room on the upper floors
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We would love to accommodate your high floor room request on your next visit. Sorry about the noise. I am glad that you enjoyed all the free extras that make your stay more enjoyable!
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Sheila
"Very nice staff. Very friendly"
Didn't get around to cleaning our room which we were really counting on. They handled it well. Manager and housekeeping was othwerwise very responsive and polite
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I want to sincerely apologize that your room was not cleaned in a timely manner. I know this can be an inconvenience. I am happy to hear that it was resolved and handled appropriately. I will be sure to pass along the praise to housekeeping for their diligent effort to fix the situation. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future if your travels bring you back to the Muskegon area.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
2 blonde boys
Great place to stay! fun area!
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Muskegon is so fun in the summer! Thanks for taking time to leave comments about your stay. We appreciate the business. If you want to try something exciting in the winter, come back and visit the Muskegon Winter Sports Complex. They have a luge, a two mile ice skating track that winds through the woods, snow shoeing, and so much more. Hopefully we can welcome you back soon!
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Nice hotel, decent location."
Negative-Pull out couch very uncomfortable. Positive-Area around hotel has many restaurants and stores for shopping. Only 15-20 min drive Sourh to Grand Haven. A 15 min drive to one of the best beaches in the area Pere Marquette Beach.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for staying with us! I love that you enjoyed the several areas to shop and dine just outside the hotel doors. You are right, Pere Marquette Beach is a definite "must see" when you are in Muskegon. The sleeper sofas are new, so I was disappointed to hear they were uncomfortable. I appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"Good Location"
All was great! Thank you!!! No complaints! Slept well!
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I am happy you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you slept well. We appreciate your time in sharing your positive experience. We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again in the future.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
we were in and out for a quick family reunion-hotel was just what we needed for the weekend
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thanks for the kind words about the cleanliness of the hotel and kind comments in regards to the breakfast staff. Additional fitness equipment is a great suggestion, thank you. I hope you had a great time at your family reunion. Come again soon!
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
chris
"Nice stay. Comfortable and clean room. Staff is ex"
this was the peak of the travel season in Michigan so the room was a little pricey however the staff is very polite very nice the room was clean bed was very comfortable overall a decent place to stay
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Michigan is definitely beautiful this time of the year! Thank you for staying with us. I sincerely appreciate your comments about the staff and the cleanliness of the rooms. I will be sure to pass the kudos along to them. The beds are brand new, so I am glad you liked them. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Very nice and clean. Great location ,"
Endless shopping and restaurants nearby. Just off expressway convenience. Great breakfast, nice pool, super friendly service from everyone!
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I am so happy to hear that the staff treated you kindly during your stay. Our location is certainly conducive to all of the great places/shopping that Muskegon has to offer. Thanks for the great review! We certainly appreciate the business!
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
"Weekend Getaway"
Me and my husband stayed at the hotel for a long weekend getaway and it was awesome. The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. The breakfast was pretty good and the staff kept it replenished throughout service. The hotel is literally 3 minutes away from restaurants, the mall, and grocery stores. Also it was 15mins away from Grand Havens Beach. Other then driving to the beach we walked to the near by restaurants for dinner and to the Pie company for dessert.I would recommend the hotel for anyone and we plan to stay there again.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I love the Traverse City Pie Company and sometimes wish that it was a little further away! Our location does make it convenient to eat, shop and enjoy the beaches! You definitely need to come back and visit Pier Marquette. It's a nationally certified clean beach and the walk to the lighthouse is amazing! Thank you so much for the comments about the staff, we appreciate it! See you again soon...
2 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"Clean, Comfortable, Fairly Priced"
Stayed one night. Room was clean and comfortable. Check in and out went smooth. Breakfast was restaurant quality.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Husband & Wife
Nice, but no one at the hotel told us that the bill went up on Friday night.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"short stop"
Great stop for an overnight stay. Staff was friendly. Overall great stay. Hope to be back this summer.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that the staff was friendly and that it was an overall great stay. We look forward to being able to host you again this summer.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
jaime
"Norton shores"
Room was very clean. Great morning breakfast
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that your room was clean. Housekeeping does work really hard to ensure every guest room is clean. I will be sure to pass along the wonderful comment you gave. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Barb
Very nice place, good proximity to shopping and dining. Good access to expressways too.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
"Getaway weekend"
Good overall stay for 3 nights
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Dear Bruce, Thanks for staying with us while visiting Muskegon. We are happy that you had a "good" stay, but we strive to make it great! I invite you to return so that we can work hard to exceed your expectations.
3 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
Bruce
"Muskegon, Mi"
this trip was for a family gathering and the hotel and staff was outstanding. the staff were very helpful in referring the local restaurants in the area. Will stay here again when in the area.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
What a great review! Thank you. The majority of the staff is brand new, so I am happy to hear they are delivering outstanding guest service. I hope one of them recommended Hearthstone Bistro. It's a local favorite. If you haven't tried it, you should! I know a great place you can stay...
1 night family trip Mar 3, 2015
"Nice place, thin walls."
Nice rooms, good layout. Asked for a quiet room on top floor, but ended up surrounded by noisy neighbors. Thermostat wouldn't stay where I set it, so we got cold at night. Bed wasn't horrible, but wasn't the most comfortable (like our bed at home). Didn't use the pool or hot tub. Good breakfast, but wanted citrus (pregnancy breakfast craving). We enjoy the area because it's familiar and not as busy as Grand Rapids.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Congratulations on your new addition to the family! I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry our guests were not considerate of you during your stay. I hope you let the front desk know so that we could address the problem. I am happy to report that we are actually getting all new mattresses delivered at the end of the month. We invite you to return to relax and enjoy the new beds, and maybe even the hot tub next time!
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Decent Place to stay"
Clean, comfortable and Quiet
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
At Fairfield Inn and Suites, we promise to give you a room that's clean, fresh and reflects the highest quality standards. I am so happy we were able to accomplish this during your stay! Come back soon!
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
"Nice location next to malls and restaurants."
We arrived 20 mins early and they let us check in early. That was great!
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I am so happy to hear the staff was able to accommodate your early check in request. Thanks for staying!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
robert
"Good place"
Nice, clean room. Close to shopping.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I was glad to hear our housekeeping staff did a great job! In this area, you can definitely shop until you drop! Thanks again for staying!
3 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Great hotel and very comfortable rooms"
The room was extremely clean, comfortable, and up to date. The hotel it's self was very nice and they also have a great breakfast in the morning that was included with the room price. Prices over Thanksgiving weekend were extremely reasonable.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you found the hotel clean and comfortable. I will be sure to pass on the wonderful comment about our staff. They are all a pleasure to work with. We hope to be able to host you again when you are back in the Muskegon area!
3 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
Josh
"Convenient location; welcoming staff"
This hotel is a stone's throw from The Lakes Mall, which is surrounded by restaurants and about every other convenience a person could want; but the hotel location is just far away from all this to be out of the high traffic area. The decor is only two years old and the fresh colors and unique design made it fun. Everyone we encountered made us feel welcome as if this was their home and we were honored guests. This included the lady at the breakfast bar, the room attendants, and the front desk (every shift). Breakfast was a treat; they added little touches to the basic fare (walnuts and fruit for the hot oatmeal, for instance); and the breakfast room was large with some of the tables set apart, creating a calm and comfortable atmosphere. When I had a problem with my mattress being too soft (was told new ones are on the way), my needs were promptly addressed to my satisfaction. We were very pleased overall and will recommend this hotel to anyone needing a good place to enjoy the weekend. Very easy access to the freeway, in either direction.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for leaving such great details about this hotel! You are truly an honored guest and I am so glad the staff made you feel that way! I also love the new, vibrant colors of our hotel. I am happy you found our location conducive to your needs also. Thank you again for staying with us!
family group
"Norton Shores Fairfield Inn & Suites"
Great location near shopping and restaurants, clean, great breakfast and very helpful staff
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
Kristen
"wonderful stay"
So happy with the stay here! Close to lake Michigan, pool was great, breakfast was great, and my children had a great time! Staff was so friendly!
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
We are so grateful that you left such great comments about this hotel. I am glad you enjoyed ALL of the hotel amenities. Thanks for staying with us!
1 night family trip Oct 19, 2014
"Best choice for Greater Muskegon area"
I love this hotel!! Probably the best the Muskegon area has to offer! Its the only place Ill stay when in the area! Its worth every dollar we spent! Great lication, great rooms, great customer service!
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I loved the great review you left about our property. My favorite part was that is was "worth every dollar we spent'! Please come back soon!
3 night family trip Sep 25, 2014
Alice
"Nice stay!"
We were attending the Irish Music Festival so was not a far drive. The hotel was clean and comfortable. I was most impressed with the people at the front desk. They were the most friendly and helpful of any we encountered on our trip.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
We love our staff and I am so glad that you do too. I hope you had a fantastic time at the Irish Music Festival! We hope to see you next year too. Thanks for staying!
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Brenda
Very comfortable hotel, clean and good location to downtown Muskegon.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the great review! We are so glad that you were comfortable while staying here. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
I would rate my stay at the Fairfield Inn as excellent. The room was very clean and the hotel staff were very helpful. The hotel provided an ample amount of towels in the room, which was a plus for me. I did not like the extra hotel charges (Resort charge and City charge) when the room was already to me over priced.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed staying at the Fairfield! Those charges that appeared on your bill are simply hotel taxes and city taxes, which are pretty standard at most hotel locations. Thank you for staying, we hope to see you again next year!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
charlotte
"centrally located near restaurants and shopping"
Staff very friendly, hotel very clean and comfortable with a hot breakfast in the morning. Room was very spacious and clean. Would stay here again in the future.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the great review! I am so glad that you were comfortable during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
2 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
"Good Hotel. Pleasant experience"
Front desk helpful in choosing a restaurant for dinner. Went out of her way to assist our party.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I am so glad that the staff was able to accommodate you during your stay here! We hope to see you next time you are in Muskegon!
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
R & S
Disappointment. paid $300. for a small room, small tv broken down hot tub. Stayed in many hotels that offered more for a lot less.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your time here at the hotel. Unfortunately, summer is peak season on the lakeshore and that causes the rates to go be at their peak as well. The hot tub was down for renovation during your stay but the renovation has been completed and it is now up and running. Hopefully, next time you are in Muskegon we can make it up to you.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
jeff
"Nice but too pricy for the stay"
Def not worth the nearly $300 per night. It was clean and quiet but for the price I would probably not book here again
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately, it is peak season on the lakeshore which causes our rates to be at their peak as well. Our rates will start to taper down starting in September as we come out of the peak season. Thank you for choosing the Fairfield, we hope to see you next time!
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
"great place to stay!!"
The room and rest of the hotel was very clean. Every employee I ran in to was friendly and said hi. The continental breakfast was hot and delicious.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I am so glad that you enjoyed the breakfast! We love being able to offer a wide variety of items. From make your own waffles to fresh fruit to sausage there is something here for everyone! We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area!
3 night business trip Jul 28, 2014
"Great Service, But Overpriced"
The staff was wonderful & the room was decent. I feel that paying $250 for one night in a small rural area was overpriced. The room was just okay...nothing spectacular. $120-$130 would have been appropriate.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I am so glad that you enjoyed the staff while you were here. They are such a pleasure to work with everyday. I will be sure to pass on the great review to them!
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014