All hotels in Norton Shores, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1520 E Mount Garfield Road, Norton Shores, MI, 49442, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

"Great service"
Room and common areas were really clean, and all employees were very friendly and helpful (I had never been to the area, and they helped with directions a couple times). Excellent cable channels - like satellite tv, not the normal limited offerings.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the great comment! The staff is a pleasure to work with, they work hard to know all aspects of their job, including different directions and local attractions! We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next visit!
1 night trip Jun 16, 2013
Maria
"good location"
Location good for Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp, near shopping and restaurants. Our bedding was not clean, air conditioning did not work well, and TV was not easy to get to regular channels.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I am so sorry that you had some issues with your room and that your bedding was not clean. I hope that you reported these things to the front desk so we could take care of them right away for you. Our staff works hard to make sure each guests stay is perfect and I am sorry that we did not follow through with these expectations. We hope that you will still consider us for future accommodations!
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013
You know it was the best. The only thing was on the last day when we got up for breakfast I was so looking forward to their wonderful hot meal and ended up with a cold meal, because of the holiday rush they apparently ran out of eggs and sausage. That was it. Otherwise, it was wonderful and perfect. I also liked the location of the hotel. It was very central to everything that we did for the 4 days we were there. Those who kept our room were wonderful. I was very comfortable with leaving my room in to their care. A big THANK YOU! We hope to see you all again. I know we are talking of visiting your Midland Hotel in the very near future and look forward to the same treatment. Marriott you are the BEST.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the awesome review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. The staff is truely a pleasure to work with, they work hard to make the hotel spotless. I am so sorry that the eggs and sausage were not available for you, but I can assure you we will be fully stocked next time you stay! We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next visit!
4 night romance trip May 24, 2013
D Bosworth
The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I would definitely stay again.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the nice comment! We hope that you come to visit again soon!
1 night trip May 6, 2013
Bethany
"Good Location. Nice facility"
I have stayed here a couple of times on business. Its a nice hotel close to shopping and dining options. The staff is very nice.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the comment! We appreciate your continued loyalty to our hotel. The staff works very hard to accommodate all guests and they are truly a pleasure to work with! We hope to see you next time you are in town for business!
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2013
Genevieve
"Very nice, very clean everyone friendly place!"
Our stay at the Fairfield was amazing. From check-in to check-out the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The reason I gave a 4 for the cleanliness of room was that we found some half eaten candy on the floor next to one of the beds. Other than that it was one of the cleanest rooms and the best hotel experience I've had in a while! Thank you Amanda and everyone at the Fairfield Inn Norton Shores!
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great comment! The staff here is truly a pleasure to work with. I do apologize about the issue you experienced in your room. We are glad you had a great stay and we hope to see you again in the future!
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
"Meets the needs of any traveler"
Clean, good pillows, nice staff. Breakfast was about normal but the scrambled eggs better than usual. Real oatmeal not packages. I like rooms where the ac/heat fan can run and give white noise and these rooms allow that. Very close to a number of decent restaurants so variety is nice.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the great comments! We just rolled out our hot new breakfast and are very excited to hear that you liked it!
Other trip Apr 12, 2013
"Sleep easy"
It was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was friendly, cheerful, and efficient. The breakfast was adequate and included eggs, bacon or sausage sandwiches, waffles, and pastry among other things. We stayed in a king whirlpool room. There was plenty of hot water in both the tub and shower. Just two negatives, we went in February, and we couldn't get the heat adjusted to make the room warm enough. We found it a bit difficult to sleep because of the temperature. If you have long hair, you might want to bring your own hair dryer. The one that comes with the room is wimpy, and you'd be there all day drying your hair. I find it most convenient to book a room through Expedia. Since the room is pre-paid, there is very little time spent checking in or out. The paperwork just goes so much faster this way.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the great comment! I will be sure to share this information with my staff. I am so sorry that your room was chilly. If you ever experience any sort of problem please let our staff know, we would be happy to fix it for you! We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Feb 26, 2013
Gail
"Very nice"
Employees very friendly and helpful. Very clean , great breakfast area. Highly recommend.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you so much for taking time to write this review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed our property. We appreciate the business and we hope to see you again soon!
1 night trip Feb 9, 2013
Tina
"comfort and cleanliness"
overall decent hotel. clean, comfortable, spacious room.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the comment! We hope to see you again next time you're in the area!
1 night trip Jan 20, 2013
"Easy access to Grand Haven/Muskegon, lots to do"
Usually can't stand to stay in a hotel, but found this one clean, pleasant, and convienant to beaches and state parks, alot to do around hotel, in case of rain and cold weather. The only thing that i would say needs to be better is the loud exit doors on sides of hotels.......we were in room 101 and the first night got no sleep at all, due to constant slamming shut of the door. But other than that, very comfortable place to stay and a filling breakfast bar, with great attention to cleaning the eating area and keeping food refilled!!!! Pleasant lady working in the eating area as well as front desk.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking time to leave comments about the hotel. I first want to apologize for the end doors slamming as guests are coming in and out. I am sorry that you received little sleep because of it. I was happy to hear; however, that you found the hotel clean and convenient. I will pass along your great comments about the breakfast staff to them as well. Thanks again for staying with us!
2 night romance trip Oct 5, 2012
"Very clean hotel and a great value!"
Very friendly front desk staff. Very clean and comfortable hotel. Great location!
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for such great comments about our hotel! I am glad you found it clean and comfortable. We appreciate the business!
Other trip Oct 3, 2012
"Stay at the Fairfield Inn for comfort & ease!"
My whole experience at the Fairfield was lovely! I found the two ladies who provided breakfast especially friendly and helpful.I will consider returning for future travels.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for your great comments! I am so happy you found our breakfast attendants friendly and helpful...we think they are pretty great too! Thank you for choosing our hotel, we certainly hope to welcome you back soon!
Other trip Oct 2, 2012
Kate
"Very convenient"
Excellent variety of local food and chains nearby, no refrigerator, breakfast had no eggs or anything hot besides a waffle station.
Business trip Sep 29, 2012
"Convenient Location"
The breakfast was very good with the exception that the oatmeal was lukewarm. The staff is very friendly. Will stay again when we visit Muskegon.
Other trip Sep 17, 2012
"Nice - clean comfortable rooms"
beautiful hotel. nice clean rooms - staff very friendly. My only complaint would be the noise from other guests. We could hear kids running and pounding on doors very early in the morning. Rooms could be a little more sound proof - but other than less than courteous neighbors, this hotel is great. Will be back again for next years Irish Festival and we will stay in this hotel.
Other trip Sep 17, 2012
"Great Service"
The service staff was friendly and helpful
1 night trip Sep 8, 2012
"Decent lodging near Grand Haven for average price"
This is a nice facility. In general, I would say overpriced. However, for something comfortable near Grand Haven, it was acceptable. Breakfast bar was a bit congested and was pretty basic for the price of the hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2012
Dave W
Very clean, friendly staff, breakfast selection was very good for buffet style. Location was ideal for other choices of places to eat with the mall practically across the street. Overall was very happy with the stay. Loved the personal notes from the housekeeping staff each day.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2012
Fantastic - clean, great complimentary breakfast, friendly staff, would stay again.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2012
"Nice stay."
Recently renovated. Very nice condition. Mattress was a bit uncomfortable is our only complaint.
Other trip Jul 23, 2012
"close to mall and good places to eat!"
The room was really nice, comfortable beds and pillows, big bathroom with good shower. Nice hdtv with free cable and super fast wifi for your laptop or smartphone. The hot tub was really nice with a small pool next to it, connected to a shady patio with tables and chairs. Good breakfast with many different options to eat for anybody's likes. Convient ice and pop machine, needed a snack machine though. Don't forget to grab a cookie at the desk upon arrival!
1 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2012
Carl I.
"Good weekend stay"
The room was quite comfortable and clean. Also enjoyed the complimentary coffee and breakfast, in the morning.
Other trip Jun 25, 2012
"Hot Rod Power Tour stay."
The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Rooms were extremely clean at all times.
Other trip Jun 7, 2012
Nice place. Would stay there again.
1 night trip May 26, 2012
"We would stay here again."
We stayed here one night to attend a wedding in the area. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was close to our destination and close to restaurants and shopping.
Other trip May 31, 2012
"2nd Stay at this hotel - might need to rethink 3rd"
I have stayed here before and figured I would stay here again ( close to family ) but this time the room was not very clean - well the Bathroom was not very clean - there was mold on the bottom of the shower curtain and in the corner of the tub - the sink also had some sort of stains in it - not sure what they were - needless to say we were not very impressed this time and will need to rethink about a 3rd stay.
Response by General Manager
Please accept my deepest apologies for the disappointment that you experienced at our hotel during your recent stay. I understand that there was a cleanliness issue with the tub. I have personally spoken to the housekeepers and room inspector responsible to ensure that they are well aware of the cleanliness standards of this hotel and the Marriott brand. I would certainly like the opportunity to extend an invitation of your return to the Fairfield Inn by Marriott. I know this will not eliminate the cleanliness issues that you experienced, but hopefully upon your return, you will regain your confidence in the Fairfield Inn Muskegon .
1 night trip May 19, 2012
Lee P

"Just passing through."
We were in a handicap room [it was either that or next to an elevator]. The layout of the bathroom should be rethought. Not a good use of space. There was no room on the vanity and a lot of just open space. The staff was great and the noise level was good. Had a good nights sleep.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy the room! I am glad, however, that you had a great nights sleep and that the staff was great for you. Please consider us next time you are in Muskegon!
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"Close to mall and restaurants"
Great hotel. Clean, fairly new, very comfy and well laid out. Staff very pleasant. Great for a business trip; I would definitely stay here again.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review for us, we appreciate the kind words! We hope to see you next time you are in town for business.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2013

"Inget att klaga på. Mycket bra hotell."
Vi trivdes bra där vi var mycket nöjda med hotellet, deras träningsrum samt pool. Rummen och dess AC fungerade mycket bra. Vi var mycket nöjda med vår vistelse.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Tack för svaret. Vi hoppas att se er igen nästa gång du är i stan!
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2013
SE
"Empfehlenswert..."
Sehr gutes Hotel. In direkter Nähe zu einer Einkaufsmall. Sehr gutes Frühstück.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Vielen Dank für deine review, wir freuen uns das unsere Frühstück euch gut Geschmack!
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
Christina
DE
3 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Russell
1 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2014
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the five stars!
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review!
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for a great rating! We hope to see you again soon!
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for leaving such a great rating! We hope to see you again soon!
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2013
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the 4 star rating!
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2013
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the star rating! We hope to see you again!
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for rating us 5 stars! We hope to see you next time you are in Muskegon!
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for leaving the great rating! We hope to see you again!
1 night trip Nov 4, 2013
jim
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the review!
1 night trip Oct 31, 2013
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the rating! We hope to see you again soon!
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2013
Emily
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the rating. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I hope you communicated to the staff while you were here if there was anything that we could have done to make your stay better, we never like to have a guest leave unhappy!
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the great rating!
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2013
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the rating! We hope to see you again next time you are in town!
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2013
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the review! We hope to see you again next time you return to the area!
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2013