All hotels in Norton Shores, Michigan, United States of America
1520 E Mount Garfield Road, Norton Shores, MI, 49442, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

Delicious food
    Clean
    Awesome vibe
    Ordinary pool
"close to grand haven."
Nice hotel and rooms. The staff was great. Recommend a cab for us to get to Grand Haven.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the great comment! We are so glad that you like our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Camp"
The room smelled like BO. When the remote didn't work they brought me another one. It didn't work either. Food was good and room was comfortable.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I am so sorry that you experienced those issues in your room. Please know that this is not a common occurrence and I will be looking into these issues further. I hope if you are in the Muskegon area again you will give our hotel another chance.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
"extremely clean"
Overall fantastic, the staff was very accommodating, continental breakfast was delicious and plentiful.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are so glad that you enjoyed the breakfast while you were here. Hope to see you again soon!
2 night trip Jun 10, 2014
kriswlod
"seniors missing an elevator"
it was a pleasant 2-night stay - clean, attentive service, breakfast selection was good and beds were comfortable.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the great comment and review! We are glad that you were comfortable during your stay here. We hope to see you again soon!
2 night trip Jun 2, 2014
We had a great stay, staff was incredibly friendly. They arranged for us to check in early since we had a wedding to go to at 2.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great comment. I am glad that the staff was able to accommodate an early check in for you. I hope you enjoyed your time in Muskegon!
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Close to stores and restaurants"
I could have done without the noisy people above me. And the manager could have been more informative with me about the pool and breakfast times. Instead I had to ask if I didn't I don't think I would have been told.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am so sorry that the staff did not take the time to explain the hotel better. I will make sure to discuss the importance of explaining the different aspects of the hotel to our guests. I hope that if you are in town again you will give our hotel another chance!
Other trip May 15, 2014
"really enjoyed our stay"
It was as expected, we had a great time with our family visiting. I had no problems with the hotel. There was an issue at check in is that they had not received my reservation confirmation. They were still able to accommodate.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I am so sorry that there were issues at check-in but I am happy that we were able to accommodate you anyways. We hope to see you again soon!
2 night trip May 9, 2014
"close dto family"
Our room was not cleaned completely before we got there. We found a sock that was under the curtain. They did not come in on Saturday to straiten up our room.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I am so sorry to hear that your room wasn't completely cleaned and that housekeeping did not come to straighten the room on Saturday. Housekeeping will clean every room that does not have a "do not disturb" sign on it unless the guests say they do not need service. We appreciate the feedback and I hope if you are in the area you will give our hotel another chance.
2 night trip May 2, 2014
"Amazing staff and hotel"
I would highly recommend this hotel, everything from the staff to the room to the breakfast is above and beyond what I expected.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the wonderful review and rating. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Mindy
"Impressive"
Very nice place and staff I'll definitely stay there again...
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the great star rating. We can't wait to see you next time!
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
"Excellent Hotel"
Has a very knowledgable staff. Very helpful. Informed us at check in that the hot tub was down for the weekend.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the excellent rating! I am glad the staff was helpful for you, they are a great resource for directions and restaurant recommendations. I am so sorry that the hot tub was down while you were in town. It is now up and running and we hope next time you are in the area you will visit us again!
2 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2014
Suzanne
"Very clean"
Very clean, friendly and helpful team, great location if you like shopping and a very nice continental breakfast.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We are so glad that you liked the location of the hotel, the staff and our complimentary breakfast! We invite you to return next time you are in the area!
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
Cheryle
"Nine small hotel"
The staff were very friendly and tried to help in any way they could. The accommodations were very satisfactory, and the amenities were very nice as well.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the great review and rating! We are so glad that you enjoyed the amenities that we offer. Please visit us again next time you return to Muskegon!
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
Everything was very nice, pleasant staff, and nice continental breakfast. Unfortunately the whirlpool was down and we were unable to use it.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the great rating and review! I am so sorry that the whirlpool was down during your stay. It is currently up and running and I hope next time you are in the area you will stay with us again!
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
Debbie
We've stayed here before and the staff is always friendly and efficient. It's close to lots of shopping and restaurants and the freeway. And they serve fresh-baked cookies in the evening! Breakfast is included with a large selection that includes some hot foods.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for leaving such a great review! I am so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the staff! Please consider us next time you are in Muskegon!
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
"Very friendly staff"
The staff was very hospitable and welcoming, the hotel was very clean, the breakfast was fine, and the restaurant recommendation was good.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for leaving this great review! I am glad that you like the restaurant recommendation!
2 night romance trip Oct 4, 2013
Jon
"In great location."
We have stayed here every September for the past 3 years. This is the first year I felt the bathroom looked a bit dated. Maybe some of the bathrooms have been remodeled and some haven't? Anyway, still like the hotel. The employees at the front desk and in the breakfast area are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is great!
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I am so sorry that you didn't enjoy our renovated bathrooms. I am glad, however, that you enjoyed our new breakfast! We hope to see you next time you're in Muskegon!
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
"Hotel was a tad disappointing"
We've stayed at a number of Fairfield Inns, as well as other hotels in the Marriott family. This hotel, in my opinion, was somewhat pricey ($169 + tax for a senior discounted room booked 3 months in advance) for its location and condition. The mattress was relatively well used, and the pillows were too thick for side sleepers. We had a 2nd floor room, which was also somewhat noisy, with noise from the room above and from kids running & playing in the halls. That said, my main complaint is really with the Marriott chain. The Marriott aspires "to be the global hospitality leader that demonstrates how responsible hotel management can be a positive force for the environment". Yet none of the Marriott hotels that I have stayed in recently, including the Muskegon property, recycles, despite using exclusively plastic disposables for breakfast and in the hotel rooms. The Fairfield Inn & Suites in Muskegon was even worse in terms of providing only #6 plastic cups (styrofoam) in the rooms and for coffee (#6 plastic is one of the worst possible choices, environmentally speaking). It also didn't even give us the option of reusing towels. For years, I dutifully filled out the Marriott's customer suggestion forms asking that recycling be made available and that other greener options be provided. Nothing has changed. I'm now making this request in a public forum hoping that other people concerned about the environment might also speak up.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the review! I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced at our hotel. Please know we strive to exceed all of our guests expectations and I am sorry that didn't happen during your stay. Regarding your environmental concerns, I appreciate all your suggestions. Getting guest feedback is the best way that we can improve our hotel and I will absolutely take those into consideration to see where we can make improvements. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you next time you are in Muskegon!
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
"Very pleasant experience."
This room was very clean. No lingering or unpleasant odors. They were able to accomodate an early check in for us with no delays at all. We got the first floor as we requested also. Very comfortable bed with room darkening curtains for a good nights sleep. We also enjoyed a free HOT breakfast. That was a pleasant surprise. Overall a very pleasant experience.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the wonderful review! I am so glad we were able to accommodate all your requests for you and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hot new breakfast. Thank you for the business and we hope to come to visit again soon!
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
Travelers
"One of the more decent hotels in the area"
We stayed @ this hotel 3 years ago and liked it a lot. We enjoyed our stay this time as well but the hotel was not as nice as I remember. Or, maybe it was just the room we stayed in during this visit? Supposedly, the hotel was recently updated but our room was not (except maybe the carpeting-?). Closet door stuck and room needed fresh paint. Still, room was nicer than some of the other, older, cheaper hotels that we have stayed in during past visits to Muskegon.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the review! We did just go through a renovation. We updated items including our breakfast, guest room bathrooms and suites, just to name a few things. We hope to host your family again next time you are in the area!
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
BD4
"Close to highway"
Friendly and professional staff. Everything went smoothly.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the fantastic review! We appreciate your business and we would love to invite you back to our hotel if you are ever in the Muskegon area again!
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Convenient and perfect for our weekend get away"
Hotel staff was friendly. Room and hotel areas were clean. Pool was small but just fine for our two preteens to burn off some energy after a three hour ride. Breakfast was good, included eggs and sausage and fruit. Hotel was easy to find and was located close to both our weekend destinations: Michigan's Adventure and Grand Haven Coast Guard fest. A little pricier than what we are used to on the east side of the state, but seemed to be consistent with pricing for the west side, especially during Coast Guard Fest.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the great review! I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast, that is one of the items that we recently updated with our renovation. We would love to host your family again if you are ever in the Muskegon area.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2013
Marcie
Staff was pleasant and the room was clean. The things that I didn't particularly like were that the only option was a king bed or two doubles. We were three women traveling together so two queen beds would have been better. The hotel was in the parking lot of a mall which made it convenient for chain restaurants, but a not very appealing view. It was fine for an overnight stay.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review! I am so sorry that we don't offer any queen sized beds, however, I am glad you that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were here.
1 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2013
Lyn
"Clean, Comfortable and Family Oriented"
My family just stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Norton Shores and we were very happy with our stay! The hotel lobby, halls and rooms were clean and there were added amenities such as coffee, tea and hot water offered in lobby throughout the day and evening (a nice touch). The bell hop carts were EXTREMELY helpful as we had a lot of luggage, even for one night's stay. My husband and I were traveling with two small children ages 2 and 6 and this hotel is very family oriented. The pool/hot tub facilities are open until 11pm which we found to be very nice after returning from a 10 hour day at the Michigan Adventure Theme Park (about 20 minutes away). Small refrigerators in room, ice and vending on each floor, and a continental breakfast offered in the morning, although we had other plans and didn't eat breakfast at the hotel it smelled great and everything looked clean. There is a great deal of shopping and restaurants nearby and the hotel is near major freeways. The Fairfield Inn was an excellent choice for my family and we would definitely recommend and return. Marriott should be proud of this hotel as it lives up to the high quality of the Marriott name and I go out of my way to stay at Marriott hotels because of their high standards for quality.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We recently went through a renovation that included adding refrigerators and microwaves to each room and rolling out a brand new breakfast. Thank you so much for your business, we look forward to you and your family returning next time you are in the area!
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
gvsugrad
Front desk was very helpful and prompt with all of our needs.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we accommodating to your needs. We hope to see you again soon!
3 night family trip Jun 20, 2013
Lynette
"Check In Clerk"
The desk person on duty when my daughter checked in checked us into a room that had not been cleaned. It was obvious since the dirty towels and some clothing pieces left behind were visible. Additionally, the clerk forgot to note in the system that the rest of the party would be checking in separately the next day. When we arrived, for security reasons, they wouldn't let us into the room. This caused a bunch of problems. The clerk on duty when we arrived did call the clerk from the prior day and learned this. We were grateful since we were having problems reaching our daughter to confirm admittance was all right. Except for this significant hiccup, I like these Fairfield Inns. The breakfast is really significant and is maintained fully during the listed hours. The Hotel in general is well maintained and clean.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I am so terribly sorry for the issues that you experienced during your stay with us. I can assure you that this is not a regular occurrence and I will absolutely be speaking with the front desk to ensure that problems like this do not arise again. Again, I apologize and I hope that in the future you consider our hotel for future accommodations.
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
CC
"Great place to stay."
The staff was very accommodating and the lobby and room was very clean. Good breakfast and great coffee.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the great review! We are so glad that you enjoyed the hotel, the breakfast and the coffee. The staff works hard to maintain all of our promises to our guests. We hope to see you next time you're in town!
1 night trip Jun 21, 2013
"Clean hotel, not far off highway."
We were very happy with this hotel, especially the price when compared to others in the area. Nice breakfast, too!
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the comment! We rolled out our hot new breakfast and we love receiving feedback about it! We appreciate your business and hope you come back to visit soon!
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
Ellie
"Great service"
Room and common areas were really clean, and all employees were very friendly and helpful (I had never been to the area, and they helped with directions a couple times). Excellent cable channels - like satellite tv, not the normal limited offerings.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the great comment! The staff is a pleasure to work with, they work hard to know all aspects of their job, including different directions and local attractions! We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next visit!
1 night trip Jun 16, 2013
Maria
"good location"
Location good for Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp, near shopping and restaurants. Our bedding was not clean, air conditioning did not work well, and TV was not easy to get to regular channels.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
I am so sorry that you had some issues with your room and that your bedding was not clean. I hope that you reported these things to the front desk so we could take care of them right away for you. Our staff works hard to make sure each guests stay is perfect and I am sorry that we did not follow through with these expectations. We hope that you will still consider us for future accommodations!
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013
You know it was the best. The only thing was on the last day when we got up for breakfast I was so looking forward to their wonderful hot meal and ended up with a cold meal, because of the holiday rush they apparently ran out of eggs and sausage. That was it. Otherwise, it was wonderful and perfect. I also liked the location of the hotel. It was very central to everything that we did for the 4 days we were there. Those who kept our room were wonderful. I was very comfortable with leaving my room in to their care. A big THANK YOU! We hope to see you all again. I know we are talking of visiting your Midland Hotel in the very near future and look forward to the same treatment. Marriott you are the BEST.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the awesome review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. The staff is truely a pleasure to work with, they work hard to make the hotel spotless. I am so sorry that the eggs and sausage were not available for you, but I can assure you we will be fully stocked next time you stay! We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next visit!
4 night romance trip May 24, 2013
D Bosworth
The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I would definitely stay again.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the nice comment! We hope that you come to visit again soon!
1 night trip May 6, 2013
Bethany
"Good Location. Nice facility"
I have stayed here a couple of times on business. Its a nice hotel close to shopping and dining options. The staff is very nice.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the comment! We appreciate your continued loyalty to our hotel. The staff works very hard to accommodate all guests and they are truly a pleasure to work with! We hope to see you next time you are in town for business!
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2013
Genevieve
"Very nice, very clean everyone friendly place!"
Our stay at the Fairfield was amazing. From check-in to check-out the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The reason I gave a 4 for the cleanliness of room was that we found some half eaten candy on the floor next to one of the beds. Other than that it was one of the cleanest rooms and the best hotel experience I've had in a while! Thank you Amanda and everyone at the Fairfield Inn Norton Shores!
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great comment! The staff here is truly a pleasure to work with. I do apologize about the issue you experienced in your room. We are glad you had a great stay and we hope to see you again in the future!
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
"Meets the needs of any traveler"
Clean, good pillows, nice staff. Breakfast was about normal but the scrambled eggs better than usual. Real oatmeal not packages. I like rooms where the ac/heat fan can run and give white noise and these rooms allow that. Very close to a number of decent restaurants so variety is nice.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the great comments! We just rolled out our hot new breakfast and are very excited to hear that you liked it!
Other trip Apr 12, 2013
"Sleep easy"
It was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was friendly, cheerful, and efficient. The breakfast was adequate and included eggs, bacon or sausage sandwiches, waffles, and pastry among other things. We stayed in a king whirlpool room. There was plenty of hot water in both the tub and shower. Just two negatives, we went in February, and we couldn't get the heat adjusted to make the room warm enough. We found it a bit difficult to sleep because of the temperature. If you have long hair, you might want to bring your own hair dryer. The one that comes with the room is wimpy, and you'd be there all day drying your hair. I find it most convenient to book a room through Expedia. Since the room is pre-paid, there is very little time spent checking in or out. The paperwork just goes so much faster this way.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the great comment! I will be sure to share this information with my staff. I am so sorry that your room was chilly. If you ever experience any sort of problem please let our staff know, we would be happy to fix it for you! We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Feb 26, 2013
Gail
"Very nice"
Employees very friendly and helpful. Very clean , great breakfast area. Highly recommend.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you so much for taking time to write this review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed our property. We appreciate the business and we hope to see you again soon!
1 night trip Feb 9, 2013
Tina

"Just passing through."
We were in a handicap room [it was either that or next to an elevator]. The layout of the bathroom should be rethought. Not a good use of space. There was no room on the vanity and a lot of just open space. The staff was great and the noise level was good. Had a good nights sleep.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy the room! I am glad, however, that you had a great nights sleep and that the staff was great for you. Please consider us next time you are in Muskegon!
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"Close to mall and restaurants"
Great hotel. Clean, fairly new, very comfy and well laid out. Staff very pleasant. Great for a business trip; I would definitely stay here again.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review for us, we appreciate the kind words! We hope to see you next time you are in town for business.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2013

"Inget att klaga på. Mycket bra hotell."
Vi trivdes bra där vi var mycket nöjda med hotellet, deras träningsrum samt pool. Rummen och dess AC fungerade mycket bra. Vi var mycket nöjda med vår vistelse.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Tack för svaret. Vi hoppas att se er igen nästa gång du är i stan!
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2013
SE
"Empfehlenswert..."
Sehr gutes Hotel. In direkter Nähe zu einer Einkaufsmall. Sehr gutes Frühstück.
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Vielen Dank für deine review, wir freuen uns das unsere Frühstück euch gut Geschmack!
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
Christina
DE
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Love the five stars! Thank you!
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2015
Toni
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the five star rating! We truly appreciate it!
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2015
Michael and Lynda
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for taking time to review this property. We would love the opportunity to get that last star! Please visit again so we can exceed your expectations!
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for staying, please visit again!
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
diann
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Hi Dustin! Thanks for choosing our property for your stay. We appreciate the five star rating!
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Dustin
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Five stars! Thank you so much! Come back soon...
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn, come back soon so we may earn that last star!
3 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Russell
1 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2014
Response by Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
Thank you for the five stars!
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014