All hotels in Portland, Maine, United States of America

4.8
"ONLY PLACE TO STAY IN PORTLAND HARBOR"
We have stayed here many times before. It is always chosen because of the Waterfront location and convenient to the many seafood restaurants. Airport shuttle is a plus -- very courteous guys and prompt. The Desk Staff are professional and helpful. This hotel runs a very good 'show' and we highly recommend it. HINT: Book early as it sells out quickly (from our experience).
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
carrie
Wonderful visit..I brought a friend who's first time in Maine and your hotel and location was perfect.
4 night trip with friends Jul 1, 2015
Laurie
"A Great Stay"
Our stay was fabulous. The restaurants around the area was top notch. The staff were courteous & knowledgeable about the area we were at. 1 bad thing is the pool. Need to expand pool area to accommodate more families with kids.
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Marlon
Very nice. Close to everything.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Letha
Very nice hotel; well worth the money. Great location.
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Would have preferred a self parking option instead of a mandatory valet service. Had a minor complaint about TV, and not only received an immediate visit,(problem could not be resolved), but was compt'd 2 free breakfasts for the next AM
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
"Great spot"
Much better than I expected for the type of hotel. Great visit and the location is perfect. We didn't eat there, but if you plan to, beware that room service ends early.
2 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2015
"Portland Vacation"
Fantastic hotel! The service was great, the room was the amazing. Large, extremely clean with great furniture and bathroom. Would highly recommend staying here if in Portland. Seabago Brewery Restaurant is attached to the hotel. Wonderful food and beer. The hotel shuttle to and from the airport was a great perk and the drivers were so knowledgeable about the city. Gave great advice on local restaurants and pubs.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
"Stayed Here, Parked at the wharf"
Big mixup at checkin I think due to others in my party, but staff handled it well and took care of me. This hotel has really nice "business-class" rooms. Room was clean, comfortable and spacious. My biggest complaint that I did not raise at the hotel is a valet parking. I do not valet my vehicle. I parked down the street at a lot for weekend for same price as hotel. I'd gladly pay a parking fee on site if I could park my own car. I didn't ask, but assumed this was the only option. Next time I'll call ahead and ask but this was the only real downer for me. Great stay otherwise, would come back again!
2 night trip with friends May 29, 2015
"2 weeks ago"
Prefer a hotel with continental breakfast.
2 night business trip May 20, 2015
"Paid for water views, got views of a parking structure"
Paid for their top room level which supposedly had water views. Was put in an admittedly large room, but on a third floor with views mostly to an awful parking structure and barely any water views. Would NOT pay top dollar for the supposedly water view rooms again. Felt cheated.
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
Jorge
"Great hotel!"
Great hotel and perfect location!
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2015
"Fantastic 48 Hours in Portland!"
This was our first visit to Portland and we were only staying for 48 hours. The Hilton Garden Inn is an excellent location to walk around the town, see the harbor, and have access to restaurants, boutiques, and walking paths. The staff was very very helpful and spot-on with restaurant and activity recommendations. The staff was always friendly and accommodating. When the shuttle wasn't available to get us to the airport for our departure they had a prepaid cab ready to get us there in plenty of time! We also recommend the buffet breakfast--it was reasonable and delicious! Though we did not bring our dogs we were delighted to see that the hotel--and all of Portland--is so dog friendly! Our room was clean, spacious, and very comfortable. We give the Hilton Garden Inn high marks on all counts and would stay again! We give Portland high marks--exceeding our expectations-- and will visit again!
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Great service!"
Great place to stay with my family. Service was wonderful!
2 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Cara
"weekend away"
It was our first time to Portland Maine & we were very pleased on where our hotel was. Everything was close & a nice view of the water. We loved our stay & will be back.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Dorrie
"Relaxing as can be with a Toddler"
Pool was small but clean, staff nice. Lobby very pretty. Great Location downtown.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
"Love it"
Excellent location. Friendly and knowledgable staff. Will stay here again.
2 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Cherie
"Centrally located downtown. Lots to see and do."
Very relaxing and very comfortable. Nothing else to add. Only stayed one night but would definitely return.
Blondie
"Great customer service"
The staff here was amazing always smiling and helpful. We had a late flight on the day we left and we're asking if we could leave our bags at the front desk since check out was at 12. Instead they offered us a late check out at 3 so we had a place to be till our flight it was so nice. The pool wasn't working but they offered use of the pool at the hotel across the street. Again excellent customer service clean big rooms and great valet service.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Great waterfront location where all the action is. First class hotel overlooking the bay
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"unwritten pet charge"
Hotel charged 50.00 for small pet. Was not stipulated on their website or on document I was required to sign at check in. Document specifically stated I would be charged for any damage caused by my pet but did not state there is an automatic charge for pet stay. I received credit only after complaining of charge at check out and was then told "be advised that in any future stay you will be charged for pet stay".
1 night business trip Mar 14, 2015
robert
"Great hotel right on the water in Old Port"
My family and I prefer to stay here because of the great location.....right by the water in Old Port. It is close to good restaurants and shopping. You can walk everywhere in the city and won't need to drive your car. The rooms are clean and you can request a room with a view of the water.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Katrina
"Weekend getaway"
Two couples went for a weekend getaway. We had a great time. The hotel is within walking distance of bars, pubs, restaurants and shopping. the hot tub is always nice!
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
"great hotel, great city"
Nice, clean, well kept hotel. Great location. Would stay there again
2 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
Pleasant hotel. Great location. Our room did not have a very good view. Room was immaculate and bed was very comfortable. Pillows could be better. Staff was very pleasant and we enjoyed our stay. Room was relatively expensive especially considering the time of year.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
This hotel is a perfect location in terms of walking around to all the restaurants and bars in downtown old port Portland. The front desk were extremely friendly and no complaints about the hotel overall.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Elena
"Write in the heart of the quaint city"
Lovely stay, even my dog loved it. Great restaurants near by, the bakery next door was to die for and the wine and sprit store was neat too. I loved that the fruited water and coffee was always available.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Robbie
"Perfect location"
I was looking for a place to stay that was close to all that the Old Port has to offer. The Hilton Garden Inn is in a perfect location. It is easy to remember where it is. It's close to everything that I wanted. The people were friendly, courteous and helpful. I would most certainly stay here again.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Walking distance to everywhere, clean and good service.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
Eliisa
"great service"
Excellent service, got upgraded to a view room for free due to some loud guests
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Colin
"Walk the Old Port"
Our hotel was walking distance to the Old Port and our restaurant!
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Janey
Despite the snowy weather we enjoyed the view of the Portland harbor from the sixth floor window. It's a convenient location and we would stay there again.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"A great hotel in Portland close to amazing dining"
Great staff and hotel - have stayed her a number of times and it has been excellent every time. Had a gorgeous view of the water from our room (626) and a wonderful recommendation for lunch from the front desk. Went to Eventide Oyster which was a few blocks away - incredible food. Fore Street (get the mussel app) and Standard Baking company both next door are wonderful places to eat and get delicious bread. :-)
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Accommodating on the fly"
We were stuck here for the blizzard of January 2015. The hotel was accommodating in ordering food for the whole hotel free of charge, so no one would have to go outside. They also allowed us to stay in our same rooms for a second night, which was originally not anticipated.
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
Molly
"Portland waterfront"
Great downtown waterfront location so easy walking to bars,restaurants,shops, etc. sweet view to island off from city. Also ferries are across the street.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Enjoyed a quick stay"
Enjoyed the room. The view of the ocean was an added plus. Good walking around the port area.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Second time I have stayed for business. Perfect hotel ! Great staff.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"I would stay here again."
I stayed here for one night and found nothing lacking the room was clean with a partial view of the harbour which was nice. There was a tub, which you don't always get. The tv was huge but unused (not their fault!) And the sheets and duvet were soft. The valets are totally on point.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
brendan
"Would come back!!"
Located in a prime corner next to a lot of points of interests! Service was perfect and they even helped us get a taxi when the shuttle driver wasn't available due to an emergency!
1 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2015
Vincent
"Winter stay"
Came to Portland to pick up my daughters wedding gown she ordered while on vacation last August. We stayed at the Hilton to make an overnight of our visit. The hotel was in an excellent area close by to shops and many restaurants. Friendly staff and very accomadating.
1 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2015
Catherine
Great location. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Tons of bars and restaurants within walking distance. Standard Baking company is right outside the door for a great breakfast.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"Lovely staff; great location."
Came for New Year's Eve; it was great. Economical, pretty, festive and extremely attentive staff. Until Portland has a 4 star hotel, this will be our choice.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Jen
We were delayed in checking in because our room was not ready. The hotel staff repeatedly apologized and comped us a drink in the bar while we waited. The room was spacious and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Both meals in the restaurant were good. The location offers excellent access to the Old Port area. We will strongly consider this hotel for our next stay in Portland.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Nice hotel on scenic waterfront"
Very pleasant place. Portland has a huge number of great restaurants.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Great value in Portland, ME"
Spent two nights here over the New Year. Can't beat the location, right in the center of Portland and steps to the waterfront. Clean room with good linens and a comfortable bed. I'd easily stay here again.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Close to everything"
Besides getting stuck in the elevator for ten minutes I had a great stay. Hotel is close by to everything. Was a little nervous that my car wasn't parked in an actual parking spot. It was parked along the driveway all night.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
Rebecca
"Friday Night"
They have a late check in, 4pm. We didn't get there until 5pm and they still didn't have a room ready??? Besides that, the hotel is decent.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Christmas in Portland"
great location, helpful staff,very accomodating
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Judy
"Beware of lobby full of kids and dogs."
2and floor local heaven set white Housekeeper spend more time trying to talk us out of room service than doing it. What was done took hours.
3 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"We love this place!"
As always, this hotel was spotless and the service was wonderful. Perfectly located in the Old Port and close to shopping and restaurants.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014