All hotels in Tarrytown, New York, United States of America

"Overnight stay for a wedding"
My husband and I really enjoyed our short stay at Springhill Suites. We were attending a wedding reception nearby and the location was very convenient. The staff, accommodations, and free breakfast all exceeded our expectations.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
Penn State Mom
"Great short stay!"
Nice front desk. Room was clean. Overall great short stay!
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
"Good Stay."
My stay was good.I don't have a single complaint.Staff was very helpful with any questions I asked.
7 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
Carolyn
"A centrally located hotel close to an event."
This hotel was convenient to an event where I needed ro stay in the area, The staff provide me with early check-in and the hot breakfast the next day was enjoyable.
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
WR
"hotel survey"
Everything was nice. Front desk was less then helpful, with our questions about the neighborhood and problems with the room.
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
"Sleepy Hollow stay"
we selected this hotel because it had a shuttle service to the train station. It was great the hotel staff was very helpful and went above to help get us information on the events we were going to. Shuttle service was great.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
"Pretty Good"
Staff Friendly. Room spacious and clean. Hotel (pool area, fitness room hallways) a bit dated. Overall a positive experience.
2 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
karen
"Pleasant visit"
The staff was very helpful .The bar tender was very personable, however, one person can not keep up with tending bar and bussing tables, so when we entered the bar, there were dirty dishes and no people on two tables. We enjoyed having a sundry shop which included wine and champagne for our convenience.
2 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2014
sharleen
"It is good for access to any directions and has a"
I booked this hotel to meet with one who is working at Tarry town and enjoying the shopping at Woodbury outlet mall. It is also good to access to nice golf courses and to JFK as well.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
GM
"Very enjoyable hotel/travel experience!"
Excellent Customer Service and facilities were very accomodating! Complimentary breakfast was very good as well!
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
"holidat stay"
My husband and I stood here because we were doing thew hole Halloween tourist attractions near by. This hotel was close to everything. Good location and cheaper than other hotels in the area.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Dawn
"Cramped but adequate for one night"
It was adequate for an overnight. We were on bottom floor. When mentioned that the room was cramped and poorly laid out, i was told the upper floors were better. I don't know if that is true. I found old candy by the bed,giving me the feeling it had not been well cleaned.
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tarrytown/Greenburgh
Thank you for your comments regarding the guest rooms in our hotel. Our rooms are all considered Studio Suites and are comprised of about 375 square feet. All of the rooms in the hotel are also laid out in nearly the exact same floor plan, although the Accessible rooms have a little more space in order to give more room for wheelchair maneuverability. I'm sorry if someone on our staff gave you a different impression. I have also shared your comment with the housekeeping manager regarding the piece of candy found on the floor and we are addressing that with the housekeeping staff.
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
Robin
"Could be better."
Never stay on the first floor of this hotel. Our room was next to a mechanical room and the noise was unbearable. The sound of a giant motor turning on and off as if a huge sump pump was cycling and never ending. We asked to move and were not pleased with the attitude we were given by the front desk. I will not be back to this hotel.
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
"Relaxing hotel!"
Beautiful suite room! Microwave was a nice touch! Jacuzzi was wonderful!! Staff was exceptional - Very friendly and helpful. Shuttle to the train station was great!
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Gail
"Not bad but definitely overpriced"
Nice spot. Weird layout but was overall an ok place to stay for one night!
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2014
Byron
"small room strange configuration"
good locations small rooms very busy breakfast room. Pleasant staff.
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tarrytown/Greenburgh
Thank you for this feedback. I am so pleased you found our staff to be pleasant and that our location was convenient for you.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
ela
"Would stay here again"
We stayed here overnight on business. Staff were attentive and friendly. Room was comfortable, modern, and clean. Only exception was the A/C. The unit was close to the 2nd bed and the air was blowing on me, so i stacked pillows on it which alleviated that issue. Breakfast was freshly made and there was a variety offered. Would stay here again, and bring a bathing suit next time to enjoy the hot tub :)
1 night trip Sep 9, 2014
Pam
"An overnight stay before the Westchester Toughman"
The hotel is conveniently located near several major highways and is easy to find. The hotel staff were courteous and friendly and allowed an early check-in and late checkout. The rooms are spacious with sitting area, kitchenette, small fridge, microwave, etc. The buffet breakfast was more than sufficient and well stocked. the hotel itself was in very good condition and the beds were extremely comfortable. This hotel is a nice place to stay
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
JB
Great price and a comfortable place to stay. Room was very spacious and clean. Close to highway.
2 night business trip Aug 27, 2014
Giannakopoulos
"Very Dated and Dirty"
I don't have a problem with a room being dated, what I find unacceptable is when a room is simply filthy. It was already late in and we have been on the road for 7hrs, and with a 5yr old ready for bed, I simply did not have the energy to complain about how loud the AC unit (I mean like sleeping next to a n engine), how there was mold everywhere in the shower. Not to mention how filthy the common areas were (little pieces of garbage in the hallway etc). I don't think I'll want to stay in this hotel again.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"excellent"
all as hoped for-thanx
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
joan
"Dingy and Uncomfortable"
I was extremely disappointed when I walked into the hotel. The concierge was very rude when answering my questions. It seemed like he did not want to do anything for the guests. The elevator was dingy and unvacuumed (carpeted elevator?). The room was small and uncomfortable and the fridge did not work well. The breakfast was mediocre at best. I checked out early and went down the street to the Tarrytown House where they told me several other people had complained about SpringHill Suites that weekend. They gave us a discounted rate for the night and it was beautiful - well worth the higher rate.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Great spot, no view"
No complaints about the hotel. It was convenient for us and comfortable. But our room, on the second floor ( which is one floor below the lobby level) looked out on the lower level of the parking garage. Dark in daylight, lit up at night.) Also disappointed to see no bed bug covers on the mattress and box springs. Bad experience recently with another hotel, so we check these things.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Dean
"Hotel Experience"
This has been my 4th time staying here and I love it. We visit NY once a year and always stay at Springhill Suites. The staff are wonderful. My daughter got sick at night and when I contacted the front desk to have someone come to the room for new bedding, they sent someone right away. They cleaned everything for us. One of the front desk workers was great. She contacted us that night to make sure we were all set and if we needed anything. I couldn't ask for better service.
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tarrytown/Greenburgh
We really appreciate your review and your business! Our staff is focused on treating our guests like family and also how we would want to be treated staying in another hotel. I hope your daughter is all better now and we look forward to your 5th visit!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Quality of Service and Hotel Amenities
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tarrytown/Greenburgh
Thank you for the 5-star review! It is so gratifying and motivating for our staff when our guests show their approval!
3 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Larry Holmes
"Sub-par hotel"
This hotel looks like Marriott is cutting corners. Dirty, cracked pavement outside with trash in the bushes; carpets throughout not vacuumed; styrofoam plates and cups to eat and drink with; tired decor in rooms, noisy air conditioner. On the plus side: free transportation to the train station, free breakfast if you don't mind eating with plastic utensils, and a small but decent pool and workout area.
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tarrytown/Greenburgh
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review as it gives us an opportunity to evaluate our operations at all times and make improvements based on your observations. I'm so sorry that we seem to have dropped the ball on maintaining cleanliness standards during your stay but I'm glad you appreciated the complimentary shuttle service and full breakfast buffet.
3 night trip Aug 13, 2014
MerryMac
"Noisy a/c and neighbors."
The room was was great, the only downside was that the air conditioning rattled loudly while running. It took two phone calls to get the noise in the room above us to stop. There was a great deal of jumping and thumping happening from 11pm-2am. Overall, a great hotel that was marred in our memory by a piece of plastic and some inconsiderate parents.
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tarrytown/Greenburgh
Thank you for the comment Tim. We are currently in the process of negotiating replacement of some of our AC units and the engineering staff is going room-to-room to perform maintenance that will hopefully alleviate the rattling sound in those units. We are always happy to move you to another room if the noise from the unit or jumping children above you are ruining your experience. I hope you will try our hotel again and give us the opportunity to provide you with a quieter lodging experience next time.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"disappointment"
Room smelled like smoke, especially in the bathroom and pool was filthy! in the shallow end of the pool, you could not even see the bottom of the pool and hair was everywhere. It was simply digusting! Reaction of the receptionist at the time of complaint was only: "ok, I will tell my manager". No compassion or offering o take care of either complaint. Overall a big disappointment and at that condition totally overpriced.
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tarrytown/Greenburgh
I am so sorry for your disappointing experience at our hotel. I am appalled that someone on my staff would react to your complaints in that manner and not jump into action to alleviate the issues immediately. We will use this comment for training our new Guest Service Representatives to ensure another guest does not experience the same disappointing service. Thank you for your comment.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"welcoming staff"
very professional
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tarrytown/Greenburgh
Thanks for your great comment about our staff. We consider hospitality to be one of the most important reasons that guests return to our hotel!
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
RAB
"No towels in fitness center"
Complimentary coffee, water, apples in lobby were quite not enough to make up for filthy fitness center absent of towels, and staff un willing to wash and replenish towels.
4 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Fred
"Excellent stay"
Other than the fact that the hotel sign was a bit obscured from the road, our party of six really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The breakfast was good. The hotel was located near a business park but it is a just short drive to downtown Tarrytown and other towns close by. There is also a grocery store and strip mall nearby. Very easy access to I-87. It is about 30-40 minutes from LaGuardia Airport. Should we be in the area again, I will book again.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"Convenient location for Tappan Zee bridge access"
Our expectations were met and exceeded. The staff was very helpful and courteous. Quality of the breakfast was higher than anticipated. My children were very pleased to find a pool. Above all, the location was very convenient to the Tappan Zee Bridge. We had to visit locations on both sides.
3 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"Perfect location for our travel plans"
At first sight, I thought the exterior was a little worn (carpets leading to the entrance were torn and the hallway going to our room had some clutter), yet our room was large and clean and we loved the view from the window of nothing but trees and greenery. We were given an excellent list of restaurants by the desk clerk with detailed instructions how to get to them. Most were very close. We chose The Red Hat on the River which was wonderful. (The hotel is minutes fr the Hudson on a wide boulevard.) We had a quiet sleep and had an excellent breakfast buffet with friendly and helpful servers. Even other guests were friendly. It was a happy experience for my wife and me. (The hotel, by the way, is built on a hill so that our room, in the 200's was down on the elevator!)
Senior citizens
"Good Value"
Spent the night, after my birthday celebration at a nearby restaurant. Very comfortable room. Bed was comfy. Generally, the sleeping area was a tad tight, but that really didn't matter. We were just there to rest up, after a social evening. Breakfast was quite generous, with several hot DYI options. Would have preferred pork sausages (which are sometimes on the menu) to the turkey variety. The taste was acceptable, but, visually, they weren't that appealing -- very graaaay. The layout of the breakfast area, which is a bar/lounge, later in the day, was a bit awkward. Nevertheless, we managed. I would return.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Peter L
"2 nights for a wedding at the Castle"
Everything was as advertised. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was pleasant and efficient
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"comfortable, clean, spacious room for family"
Very much enjoyed one-night stay in this hotel. Hotel was clean, beds comfortable, plenty of space for family with the sitting/couch area, desk, and microwave, frig, and wet-bar style sink. Free breakfast selection was very good, with plenty of seating area. Would readily stay here again, and for multiple nights.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
Staff was very friendly. Hotel was clean. Breakfast was very good.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Betty
"We'll be back"
Very practical hotel. The fridge, microwave, & coffee maker in the room are useful. The bed was quite comfortable & I slept well. I really enjoy the egg breakfast. There are many other selections for breakfast, as well. The room is clean & I particularly like the private wooded view from our window. My husband enjoyed the pool. The hotel is close to a Stop & Shop, very convenient for grocery shopping. The hotel is also close to the Hudson Rive Walk in Tarrytown. Beautiful views of the river & Tappen Zee + Lick's Ice Cream shop! Delicious gelato. This was our 2nd stay. If we return to Tarrytown, we will be back.
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2014
"Nice room in a convenient location"
I've never stayed at a SpringHill Suites, although I find Marriott brands to be fairly reliable in terms of cleanliness and the room was actually nicer than some of the larger Marriott-branded hotels I've stayed in. The décor was contemporary, and the color palette, in pale gray and white, combined with the view of a wooded area behind the hotel, was calming and serene. Although the room was directly off the lobby, it was surprisingly quiet. It was also clean and comfortable, and offered a mini fridge, microwave, sink and coffeemaker. A desk and free Wi-Fi and a pull-out sofa were also provided. The large, flat-screen tv swiveled and could be watched from either the sofa or the bed, but the remote didn't work. The staff was friendly and accommodating, allowing me to check in early. I can't comment on the breakfast offered because I didn't avail myself, but there was free lemonade and coffee/tea in the lobby and a room full of vending machines off the lobby. The only real disappointment was the pool area--too small, in a poor location overlooking a parking lot, and in need of some cleaning and maintenance. I didn't use the fitness room, but it looked ok. Overall, I would say that the location of this hotel to White Plains and Tarrytown is very convenient, the rooms are nice, and the staff is pleasant, but if a pool is important to you, then go a half mile up the street and stay at the larger Marriott hotel.
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2014
2nd time staying and was just as satisfied as the 1st time
3 night romance trip Jul 3, 2014
The staff is always friendly and willing to accommodate us.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Jodie
"Great Price, Services, Location & CLEAN !"
Our family finally took a long anticipated vacation to New York & other cities, and traveling with a five and three year old to places like Manhattan & surrounding areas was enough to make me want to wait a few year. Thankfully, our stay at the Spring Hill Suites made our trip an absolute joy and a huge relief. For us, this hotel made staying EASY. A luggage cart was immediately available for me to load all our luggage while my wife checked us in and we were in the room 3 minutes later. Parking was free and plentiful - if not on the first level, sheltered on the second - that came in handy when storms threatened on the last night of our stay. The most important aspect of a stay for us, other than safety is CLEANLINESS -in the room, it's bathroom, the furniture, corners, crevices, the appliances and the smell when the A/C is off. Our room passed with flying colors and while enjoying the free breakfast, we observed that the staff frequently attended the food and cleaned the dining tables. The food was always fresh, plentiful and varied. I particularly appreciated nice touches like free tea and coffee available 24 hrs and the convenience of very reasonable laundry facilities on property. The location (& our GPS unit) made for an easy 30 min. drive into Manhattan. The lovely city of White Plains was just 15 min. away and had everything! BTW there was a 24hr CVS just 3 mins. down the road. The hotel is in a very quiet wooded area less than 5 mins. from major highways.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Rob
"Nice and Noisy"
Noisy and it was difficult to stay asleep due to weird generator like sound.
Ebby
"ENJOYABLE"
VERY PLEASANT VERY EASY BKFAST COULD BE A BIT MORE INTERESTING. OVERALL VERY GOOD VERY SMALL POOL
"great place for the new york city area."
the hotel is in a clean, safe area. It is not immediately near shopping, but that is ok because the hotel has free shuttle service within a 4 mile radius. It is a good choice for the money. They also provide breakfast buffet included.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
houston
"STUDIO Suites"
The room was tiny and oddly laid out. A woman at the front desk told me that when you make a reservation, no one tells you that you are getting a "STUDIO suite", not a regular sized suite. The TV faced a wall jut-out between the king bed and the fold-out sofa (which my son said had springs poking into his back all night), so no one could watch TV in any comfort. The swimming pool was tiny too, good for kids but no room for an adult to take a good swim. SPEND THE MONEY AND GET A NAME-BRAND SUITE HOTEL!
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
Disappointed
"Excellent !"
No complaints ! Loved it ! Will stay again for sure if ever in this area .
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Cynthia S.
Consistently comfortable and clean hotel in nice town.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Rooms were clean and orderly. Check in/out was a breeze. There's a T.G.I. Friday's very close by. Was a little hard to find hotel itself.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Disappointing"
1) paper thin ceilings/floors, was woken up at 6:45 by stomping screaming children above us. 2) bizarre layout for a "suite", no privacy door for bed area, instead the one TV was on a swivel to turn it back and forth between the bed alcove and the living area. 3) toilet DIRECTLY and I mean DIRECTLY beside the tub, everything about bathroom area was awkward. 4) perhaps an asthetic problem only, but the 60s sliding tv-tray style table in the living area, uh, really? no coffee table? 5) one disposable plate. one. 6) no convenience kit/showercap/q-tips. 7) NO BACON at breakfast!!!! Step up your game, guys.
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tarrytown/Greenburgh
Dear Traveler, I'm so sorry that you were disappointed in the suite layout. We have current photography on our websites and try very hard to represent our property accurately so that our guests are aware of what our brand offers. Many of our business travelers LOVE the marble laptop table next to the couch since it offers easy and ergonomic use of their computer while on the road. Unfortunately, we don't keep all of the amenities we offer in the the rooms but they are available at the Front Desk and we are so happy to bring extra items to our guests upon request. Finally, in order to provide variety on the breakfast buffet, we rotate our breakfast meats daily and always serve one of the following on a daily basis: turkey sausage, bacon, vegetarian sausage, Canadian bacon or skillet mix with potatoes, peppers, onions and sausage. Thank you for your comments
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014