All hotels in Sylva, North Carolina, United States of America
26 Rufus Robinson Road, Sylva, NC, 28779, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

Awesome vibe
    Great amenities
    Clean
"3 Kids under 7"
My wife and I took our 3 kids (7, 5, 10 months) and stayed one night. Pros: Clean, nice rooms, soft beds, great service from the staff, amazing breakfast (standard Holiday Inn Express), hot tub with indoor pool. Cons: indoor pool/hot tub has unusually strong odor, cable tv doesn't have that many channels (no Disney Jr, No PBS Kids, no Nick Jr.)
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2015
Jonathan
"NC visit"
A-OK!
1 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
"Typical Holiday Inn Express"
Typical Holiday Inn Express. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly. I am always disappointed with the breakfast not having better healthy choices. The fitness equipment is terrible in this hotel to the point I didn't want to use any of it. The biggest disappointment for me at this hotel was not something that the hotel can really help. There are a number of people who live across the street from the hotel who keep roosters and rather loud dogs. I didn't really appreciate being awakened at 5 am by roosters and in the middle of the night by howling hound dogs. Bring ear plugs is my only advice if you want to sleep past 5 am.
2 night business trip Oct 27, 2015
"Convenient, clean, comfortable!"
I visited a cousin who lives nearby. The location is convenient and easy to find! Hotel was extremely clean, staff friendly and professional, offered free breakfast. All white linens, comfortable and serene. Everything I needed.
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
"Great overall experience"
Great place and close to downtown sylva. Nice indoor pool, great breakfast and service. We had a great overall experience with this hotel
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
Andres
"Not too bad but...."
The only thing that sucks about this hotel is the super uncomfortable beds. If they were to update the rooms with new, softer beds and it would be well worth the money to stay here.
1 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2015
Most enjoyable stay, the breakfast crew was very accommodating, extending breakfast slightly beyond 9am for families wanting to sleep just a tad longer on Sat/Sun.
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
Sherry
the outside looked good but once in the room had problems after problems. in the room there was hairs on the pillow case, the refrigerator had not been cleaned out for other guest and did not work, and bathroom on too clean. Called front desk, they came up and cleaned out refrigerator and sent someone back up to change sheets. The lady did change sheets but all the time was keep saying was off duty and not getting paid to do this, and that nobody was there from housekeeping at night. We called again about the refrigerator and was told nothing can be done because they don't have anyone that works at night to work the problem. We did not stay at this hotel for the long weekend as planned,left Saturday. For the price and being a Holiday Inn would think the stay and hotel would have been better then this.
2 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
Irene
"Only major hotel, and definitely the best choice!"
We couldn't have asked for a better stay! The staff upgraded our room for free when they saw we had two little ones with bottles in tow. They asked our preference for floor level, and had a stack of extra fresh towels along with a crib up to our room in less than 5 minutes! The staff was just so friendly, from the front desk to the cleaning crew as well as the ladies who took care of breakfast. There's nothing in sylva to do, and there's some crazies at the Walmart, but this hotel was conviently off the freeway and along a mountainside, with no traffic driving by so you definitely feel safe and it's quiet. The room was very clean, and we will definitely stay here again!
2 night family trip Oct 4, 2015
"Very hospitable!"
Very clean!! Friendly and helpful staff!!
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Harold
Took 25 minutes to check in...ridiculous. Only 1 person at the hotel counter to check guests in.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
"The stay was lovely and the staff was friendly the"
The stay was lovely and the staff was friendly the room was very clean and the free continental breakfast was very good I will definitely come again
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
"Bad WiFi service"
The WI-FI in room 124 sucked. I have to call the hotel guests service department and the could not figure out why it wouldn't work. The bed was too hard for a king.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Barrington
"Great Hotel... But NOT close to casino!"
The stay was great but unfortunately it is in the middle of nowhere. We had booked this hotel because the site said it was 6 miles away from the Cherokee Casino. This is not the case. It is more like 15miles and with all the curvy roads, it takes about 25minutes to get to the casino from this hotel.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Ligia
"Ok"
Though it's non smoke but it smells and micro oven was not working.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
SATYA
"Nice hotel, minor complaints"
The hotel was very clean and decor was modern. The staff was pleasant. The free breakfast was fine with the usual continental breakfast items, plus pancakes. It suited our purpose as we needed to get an early start. The room had a microwave, coffee machine, and a fridge that was ajar upon check-in. I found the bed uncomfortable, but my husband said it was fine for him. We had one complaint about noise adjacent to our 1st floor room. There was a LOUD sound of rushing water coming from a staff/utility type room next door to our room. It sounded like someone taking a shower, but louder. We mentioned it to the front desk staff who reported they had never heard that complaint. Unfortunately the hotel was booked so we could not change rooms. Fortunately, the noise was intermittent and lasted for about 30-45 min.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
lorranie
"Happy happy room"
Great
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Stes Dillsboro-Western Carolina
Glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! - Megan O., GM
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2015
Pamela
"Wi-Fi Didn't Work"
Wi-fi didn't work the entire time we were there. The girl checking us in to the hotel had a bad attitude problem. We arrived at 4:30 (check-in time is 4) and were told our rooms were not ready. This is the second time this has happened to us at the same hotel.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Was very tired trying to get my Rome at 3:30 was told checking wasn't until four and they would not let me in one minute earlier when I came back at 4 o'clock I had waited for a half hour to my room was ready
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Bryson City weekend"
Took our youngest to Brsyon City .. Stayed at this HOLIDAY INN and was very happy with the facility We all got a kick at the roosters across the street
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Stes Dillsboro-Western Carolina
Thanks for the kind review of our property! We always have a laugh at our "resident rooster" next door as well. Hope you will return to see us sometime soon! - Megan O., GM
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Great location and price for casino trip. Good breakfast. Biscuits and gravy was awesome.
1 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
Rochelle
"GOOD STAY !!"
Enjoyed stay. No problems.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Great Area"
I went to take pictures of the area and was quite pleased.
2 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Wayne
We arrived at the Holiday Inn at 2 am after and 8 hour drive. We were given a corner queen room which was quite large. The beds were incredibly comfortable. The room and bathroom were both clean. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful especially the managers Kayla and Megan, and Jon who checked us in. We were dealing with a difficult situation and they went out of their way to help us. Even when housekeeping forgot to clean our room, Kayla was very apologetic and went and cleaned it herself. Would definitely stay there again when in the area!!
3 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
Went for my son's college orientation. Great place to visit!!
2 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Denise
"great roadside hotel"
This was a great hotel, very comfortable with nice features (fridge and microwave, good quality toiletries in the bathroom, large bathtub). It's a little hard to get to and isolated from shopping or restaurants, so that reduces its convenience, but I would happily stay here again.
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2015
lynne
"Great Stay!"
My family enjoyed the stay very much. The room was comfortable and clean and the service was awesome. The kids really enjoyed the breakfast and indoor swimming pool.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"Great Stay!"
Great stay! I wish that I had schedule for a longer time.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Terry
"HORRIBLE BEDS"
The good... the staff were friendly, continental breakfast was good, and the hotel was clean. The bad... the beds were extremely hard, and felt worn out. Sleeping on concrete, the floor, or plywood would have been more comfortable. We were booked for three nights. After one night of hardly any sleep due to the horrible beds, we complained and were moved to another room. The second room's bed was just as bad. We finally decided that we could not sleep a second night on the beds. So we checked out. We stayed right next door at the Microtel Hotel, which had comfortable beds. When we complained to the management to get a refund since we did not stay the two nights that we had already paid for, we were only refunded one night. Never again at a Holiday Inn Express. For over a hundred per night, I would at least expect comfortable beds.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Kelley
"Great Stay- I'll stay again"
Good Stay- Clean Rooms and great ambience
1 night trip with friends May 24, 2015
Rushabh
"Boys trip"
Nice place. Very crowded so food at breakfast was a waiting game. But a nice place
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
bryce
"Newer property"
Front desk staff courteous & helpful. Room clean & comfortable. One possible downside for some is lack of nearby dining choices.
Other trip May 25, 2015
SGF
Quiet. Good breakfast. Overall good. Will return if in area.
1 night romance trip May 17, 2015
Rooms are very spacious and clean. Staff was very nice. The continental breakfast was awesome and had such a wide variety of food. I always stay at this hotel when I visit my son at Western Carolina.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Marsha
"Awesome"
This hotel was great! Room was very spacious, very, very clean, looked brand new! Definitely recommend the hotel. It was our first time in this area. I wish the hotel was closer to other things but it was a fabulous hotel. Staff was amazing!
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Awesome"
We had gone to the property we originally booked and no one was there to check us in so we booked at this hotel. The staff was great and even upfraded our room on our arrival because they said they wanted to do this due to the bad experience we had at the other property. This was a great place to stay.
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
"Perfect Hotel"
The continental breakfast is amazing! Fresh fruit, coffee, cereal, yogurt, grits, oatmeal, sausage patties, scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, assorted muffins, toast... and of course their famous cinnamon buns! The room was comfy and clean. The 42 inch TV in our room offered many channels. The indoor heated pool and hot tub are functioning and kept very clean, if you time it right you should be able to have the pool room to yourself, we accomplished this both days we wanted to go. I will definitely stay at this hotel the next time I want to visit Dillsboro again.
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
"Excellent motel with a great lobby and amenities."
The experience was wonderful but a free breakfast should have been available,.
"Clean and Great Location"
Hotel was clean and staff very friendly. Location was fantastic. I would have given them a 5 across the board. My room was paid in advance and when I checked in the girl put a hold on my debit card and my bank was pending $1,000. It caused a fraud alert on my debit card. So I am on vacation with no money, except the cash I had in my wallet. Called hotel and they said it was the fault of my bank. I would stay at the hotel again, I will not give them my debit card!
1 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
"bummed we couldn't change the date"
Unknown. ..was unable to cancel and lost our money due to weather conditions and changes in plans
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Great stay. Wonderful place."
We enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express. The service staff was very friendly and helpful. We were very pleased.
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
"Always A Save Bet!"
I have stayed at this hotel a few times now and have always been happy. But this last trip the staff was really GREAT!
1 night trip with friends Feb 19, 2015
Matthew
"Nice hotel, great employees and convenient locatio"
We traveled to this area to take the Valentine's train ride on the Smokey Mtn Railroad. This hotel is about 15 minutes away from Bryson City, about 10 minutes to downtown Sylva and about 5 minutes to Dillsboro. The check in was speedy. The hotel and room were very clean. The staff were nice and helpful. The room was spacious but being that we were on the side facing the hotel facing the interstate it was a little noisy. We later saw a seal on the window was missing so that may have contributed to the noise. The breakfast was good and we really enjoyed the indoor hot tub.
Tarah
"Nice hotel , horrible hard beds."
The hotel was very clean , staff was very nice. Breakfast was good. Bed was so hard. Was not a good night sleep. Charged me 100 more on top of what I already paid and I'm having trouble getting that money back.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
mike
It was good
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
Rui
"grandsons birthday"
Went to see daughter and kids. Was allowed to give small Spider-Man party for 7 yr old birthday in breakfast area plus they were allowed to swim. It was wonderful. I cleaned up all my mess and made it back to how it was. Great time. Thanks. Was not allowed at other hotels.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
paula
"Great place to stay."
I have stayed here a few times while traveling for work. Nice hotel and up to the standards of any Holiday Inn Express.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
Keith
"One night bliss"
Once we found the Hotel it was very nice. The lady that checked us in was quite professional and helpful when we asked for directions she even printed out a set for us. The mattress was very comfortable, I awoke quite rested. Becky, the lady that was taking care of the free breakfast, was friendly and helpful. She introduced herself and asked if there was anything that I needed. Everything was clean and in good condition. I am a property manager and I checked the site out completely. I saw nothing that was not up 4 star quality.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"Comfortable and friendly"
Rooms were very nice and quite comfortable. Staff was excellent and very friendly. Will stay again.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Bruce
"Perfect for a quick stay!"
Great experience getting away for a weekend. Staff was super friendly, nice pool/hot tub area and clean rooms. Will definitely stay again!
Other trip Jan 2, 2015