All hotels in Sylva, North Carolina, United States of America
26 Rufus Robinson Road, Sylva, NC, 28779, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

It was very nice. Everyone spoke English, and was very helpful.
3 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Philip wagoner
"Convenient location"
Everything was great except for the view. The scenery around the hotel is beautiful, but our room offered a view of the wall of the indoor pool building. Breakfast and service was great.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"WCU orientation"
We stayed 3 nights while my daughter was at WCU orientation. Check in was easy, the room was clean and well maintained. We had no issues what so ever so they did not have to fix anything. The staff were very helpful on things to do as well as where to eat. This was my second stay and will stay there every time we are visiting our daughter!
3 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Cermin
"Very nice stay at your hotel"
The room was very clean and well organized, comfortable bed, and staff very professional and courteous. A very good experience
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Stes Dillsboro-Western Carolina
Thank you, Dennis, for such a nice review of our property! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Have a great summer!
Other trip May 14, 2014
Dennis
Great stay as always. Have stayed here several times. And it's always been a pleasant stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Stes Dillsboro-Western Carolina
Thank you, T Dale! It is so nice to receive reviews from a returning guest, and we do hope to welcome you back many times in the future. We appreciate your business and your lovely comments!
1 night trip May 8, 2014
T. Dale
Very nice and comfortable rooms.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Stes Dillsboro-Western Carolina
Thank you, Tina, for your kind review of our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and do hope to see you again. Have a great summer!
2 night trip May 2, 2014
Tina
"Excellent stay"
A little far from noc where we had booked for zip line n rafting.. But was drivable.. 30 mins drive.. Excellent breakfast.. Comfortable beds.. Will stay again..
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Stes Dillsboro-Western Carolina
Dear Guest: Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you found our hotel to be comfortable and a convenient location for enjoying our beautiful western NC mountains. We do hope to see you again!
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Thanga Prakash
"No complaints"
Stayed overnight to take my daughter to a soccer camp at Western Carolina University, which was a quick and easy drive just a few miles away. Nice hotel; friendly staff; comfortable room/bed; no complaints! :)
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Stes Dillsboro-Western Carolina
Thank you, Jennifer! We are so pleased that you found our hotel to be convenient to WCU and that you enjoyed your stay. Please return to see us in the future! Have a great summer!
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Recommend highly"
The hotel was great. We arrived early and they were able to let us get in our room then. Very friendly and helpful front desk staff!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Stes Dillsboro-Western Carolina
Thank you, Blake, for taking time to write a review of our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and happy that we could allow for an early check-in for you. Please come back to see us!
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Blake
"nice and clean"
Hotel was very nice. This was the cleanest hotel I have stayed. Staff was very nice as well, breakfast was great.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Stes Dillsboro-Western Carolina
Dear Guest: Thank you for your generous comments of our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Dillsboro/Western Carolina. We are thrilled that you found our accommodations and service to be excellent, and do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back. Please enjoy your summer!
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Great Service, Check your doors!"
Hotel was located in the middle of nowhere with only a gas station within walking distance. Staff was super friendly but there was an issue with my hotel door.... it wouldnt close on its own. You had to lift up on the door, then turn the handle. I, of course, didn't notice this til the next morning so imagine my surprise when my door was open when I woke up. So check your doors!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Stes Dillsboro-Western Carolina
Dear Guest: Please accept our apologies for the maintenance issue you experienced during your stay with us. We assure you that it is not a common problem, and that the door has been fixed. We are pleased that you found our staff to be friendly, but do regret that you were not completely satisfied with the accommodations, and do hope to have the opportunity to provide a more compfortable stay next time you are in the area. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
2 night trip Apr 16, 2014
"Outstanding!"
This hotel was perfect for us. Beds and pillows were so soft and comfortable. Wish all hotels were like this one. Great full breakfast too.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
J.Z.
Great hotel.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Great hotel staff!"
We were in town for the CIPA Championship at WCU. Everyone of the hotel staff are incredibly polite. The staff made us feel at home and very comfortable. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was also great. Definitely will return.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Sarah White
Great stay. Great location. Great staff
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
E. Frost
"If only we hadn't gotten in so late!"
Really nice place. Exactly what you expect. We got in at 3am and had to leave at 7am. I'd have stayed another night if I could have. Helpful folks, good room. No serious negatives at all.
1 night trip Mar 4, 2014
DaveW
"Close to WCU"
One night stay to visit western Carolina. Bit noisy in the early evening, however quiet by 10:00 PM. On par with other Holiday Inn Express
1 night trip Feb 28, 2014
"Convenient to Casino"
The hotel was great, but as any has it's pros and cons.. The pros were: Great location, great service, indoor pool, close enough to the casino, but far enough from the traffic. Cons: The breakfast was not the greatest. The cinnamon rolls needed to be cooked just a little longer. They also need to put out their breakfast on a ratio of occupants to food. There is never enough to go around. Also, the beds are awful. Its one of those when you first lay on it you feel like you're on a cloud, but when you wake up you can barely move because you're so stiff. Overall I would stay there again if I had no other option. My back is way too bad to handle those mattresses!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Stes Dillsboro-Western Carolina
Thank you, Julie, for taking the time to review our hotel, and for choosing to stay with us at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Dillsboro / Western Carolina. We do appreciate all comments, as they help us to determine improvements that need to be made. Our cinnamon rolls are purchased precooked and we put them on the breakfast bar to warm; it may be that they were not heated long enough and we will work to improve on that. Also, we do know that our firm mattresses are not as soft as some prefer, and therefore, we do have mattress toppers that we can put on beds when we have a request for it. Please request a soft bed when you make reservations, and we will put one of these plus h covers on the mattress before making it. Thank you, again; and please come back to see us!
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
"close to Western Carolina University"
Stay was great. No complaints however, I was told that my to night stay would would be added to my IHG rewards but the points have not been added to my account.
2 night trip Jan 9, 2014
Paula Wootten
"Awesome for a quiet getaway"
Lovely hotel. Really enjoyed our stay here and a good location for peace and quiet yet still easy accessible to the Smokey Mountain Railway. Nice Breakfast. Pool was good, but my only quibble is that it doesn't open until 10am and when you have kids who are up at 7am this is a long time to keep them occupied until. Would definitely stay there again if we are up that way
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Stes Dillsboro-Western Carolina
Dear Mr. Scott: Thank you for choosing to stay with our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Dillsboro/western Carolina. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, including the hot breakfast bar and indoor heated pool. We regret that we do find it necessary to wait until breakfast is over before opening the pool, due to the fact that it opens into the dining area, and wet bodies will walk through and cause a potential slip hazard for those enjoying breakfast. However, we will keep your suggestion of earlier pool opening under consideration and try to find a resolution to the issue. We much appreciate your taking the time to give your comments, and thank you again for staying with us! Please come again!
2 night family trip Nov 29, 2013
Robert Scott
"not a great hotel"
we chose this hotel for the spa and indoor pool which were not working had not been working for a long time. Service wasn't great, breakfast was free but not good. We paid top dollar for this hotel did not get a top dollar hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Stes Dillsboro-Western Carolina
Dear Ronnie: We thank you for choosing to stay with us at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Dillsboro/Western Carolina, and do appreciate that you took time to give your comments. We do regret that our hot tub was not very hot at the time you stayed with us, though the indoor pool was at the suggested temperature for indoor pools, and the room was heated, as well. Our spa heater was not working well and a part had been ordered , and once it arrived we replaced that part and got it up and running again as soon as was possible. We do apologize that you were not able to enjoy the indoor pool and spa, and do hope that you will decide to give us another try in the future. We have just completed resurfacing the pool and spa, and would love for you to check it out. Thanks again for staying with us!
2 night trip Nov 29, 2013
"One night Stay"
My wife and I came up to the area so we could go see a show at a local casino, and didn't really want to stay at the hotel on their property. The location there in Slyva is very convenient to where were wanted to go, along with several other places. The 1st thing i noticed was how nice the staff was. We were checked in pretty quickly, and informed about the Pool and the breakfast in the morning. The room itself was quite nice, everything was clean, and comfortable. If i had one small issue it would be that the beds were rather hard. Other than that one small thing I liked everything about our stay, and would return if I'm up that way again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Stes Dillsboro-Western Carolina
Thank you guest for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Dillsboro/Western Carolina for your visit to Harrah's Cherokee Casino! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and found our staff to be helpful and our rooms clean and comfortable. We do regret that you found our beds to be rather hard, and do want you to know that we now have mattress pads that we can place on beds upon request. Some enjoy the firmness of the beds and others prefer something more plush, and we have found that offering these pads for placement on the mattress is a great way to please all. If making another reservation with us, please indicate that you want a pad placed on the bed and we will have that done before check in. We do hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future. Thanks again!
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
We were unhappy with the fact that the pool doesn't open until 10:00am. My kids wanted to swim after breakfast and had to wait until 10, and check out time is 11:00. That didn't give us much time. The hotel was very clean and comfortable.
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
"Nice location"
Convenient to Western Carolina University and Cherokee casino. Nice clean hotel and nice breakfast.
2 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2013
"GREAT EXPERIENCE"
Friendly, helpful staff. Nice clean indoor pool. Great breakfast buffet. Would definitely recommend it to others and stay there on my next trip.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
A.J.
"Convenient location and quiet."
Front desk person very helpful. Clean, quiet and nice for the area.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2013
Great service. They are strict with the no smoking policy, which I greatly appreciate; however my room had a light odor of stale cigarette smoke.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2013
Rebecca
"NIcest Hotel in the Area!"
We travel to the area throughout the year to visit our daughter at WCU and this is by far the best hotel we've found. It is only a short drive to the University, the rooms are modern, the beds comfortable, the breakfast fresh, and the service friendly. For a quick weekend stay, look no further. It may be a few dollars more than the competition in the area, but you get what you pay for.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2013
Margaret
"Best spot near WCU!"
I was working at WCU and was worried about hotels because there aren't many options in the area. I usually try to stay at a hi or hi express, but they often vary in quality. This was one of the nicest ones I've had the pleasure to stay at. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was nice and clean. The mattress was a little firm, but that is probably better on my back anyway.
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2013
Josh S.
"Holiday Inn Express Dillsboro"
Overall, the hotel was fine. The only negative I have is the check in time. 4:00 is unreasonable.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Suzy
"Second stay, not so great"
First time we stayed it was very pleasant. The next time it was very busy do to move in weekend at the local university. Breakfast was great, soda machines broken and out of bottled water. I don't believe the sheets had been changed between stays, as popcorn was falling out of the sheets.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2013
Enjoyed our stay, amenities were great. Location was tucked away in the NC mountains. Friendly, helpful staff.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Very worth the 15 minute drive."
I've stayed at most of the hotels in Cherokee. Now that I've stayed at this HIE, if the casino is booked solid I'll be making the short drive to Dillsboro.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Staff not good with directions"
Hotel was nice and the breakfast in the morning was wonderful. However, I asked about directions to Western Carolina University from the evening staff when I checked in and again with the morning staff before we left and they both gave the same directions which were totally wrong and we ended up getting lost and being late for our appointment at the college!
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
"Good Clean Hotel"
This is a good clean hotel. I stay at many in this price range throughout the year. There is a lot to do in the area and hotels closer to Cherokee or Bryson City tend to be a bit over priced and/or run down. This hotel's location gives you access to all that the area has to offer.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
Veronica
"nice plae"
went on college tour trip - Western Carolina Good location to get to WCU. Normal quality H I Express, recently renovated by appearance. Pleasant safe stay.
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2013
"Never a worry when I stay here"
The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room was very comfortable and clean.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2013
Vicki
"Right 0n US 74"
Stay was ok, the bed was kind of hard and we only got a view of the roof, but overall very nice
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
Al
"Nice and comfortable stay"
The stay was great. Sorry about the water on the bathroom floor, the shower needs a small ridge to hold the water into the shower area instead of running all over the bathroom floor or a drain in the far corner of the room where it all ran.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2013
sneed
"Very comfortable"
Enjoyed the convenience to WCU. The staff was very friendly and the complimentary breakfast was exceptional. Service in the eating area was genuine, friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. Will definitely recommend and stay there again!
2 night business trip Jun 28, 2013
"Western Carolina parents"
We forgot that our college-bound son was staying with us the first night before orientation. The front desk clerk graciously upgraded our room to a King Suite so that he could sleep on the sofa bed. We had originally booked a King room. The room was spacious and clean. We appreciated the free breakfast. It was centrally located to the college campus.
2 night trip Jun 26, 2013
Martha
"WCU visit"
Hotel was convenient . About 15 minutes from the college. Free breakfast was nice. Plenty to choose from. I will stay here again when I come up to visit.
3 night trip Jun 22, 2013
T.Dale
"Business Trip"
I was on a business trip and required a location that was close to my meetings and clean. It was that plus more.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
"Great place to stay between Cherokee and Highlands"
The room was very clean and looked like a new hotel. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We called down for extra pillows and received them within 3 minutes of the call. The breakfast bar was good and the kitchen staff even came out to check on us. I highly recommend staying if you are passing through to Cherokee as it is only about 15 minutes and the rates are very responsible, plus the hotel seems much newer than any we saw in Cherokee.
1 night family trip May 31, 2013
This hotel was fantastic...spacious...clean...only problem I see it that the bathrooms (or at least the 1 we were in) do not have an exhaust fan nor deodorizers for those, how shall I put it delicately...unmentionable uses. Other than that, I would highly recommend them. There continental breakfasts are superb and the breakfast staff is cheerful and very courteous. I would visit them again.
Other trip May 29, 2013
Terry
"excellent"
Staff very courteous and helpful, went out of their way to meet needs. Clean and nice room and bath. Excellent breakfast.
1 night trip May 25, 2013
"visiting family in area"
would have rated 4 except sleeping on the mattress was impossible ..felt like I was sleeping on cement! slept very little and stiff the next day. If not for that I would have been very pleased.
1 night trip May 1, 2013
skyblue5454
"Best kept secret in Dillboro"
I would say this Motel is one of the best kept secrets in the Dillsboro area. Convienient to everything, clean, friendly and very comfortable beds.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
"near Sylva and Cullowhee"
Wonderful stay. This is second time we have stayed there with no problems!!!!
1 night business trip Apr 8, 2013
Amy W
I loved staying at this hotel. The rooms were very nice. The free breakfast was great. I will definitely be staying there again.
2 night trip Apr 13, 2013