All hotels in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America
1601 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA, 23451, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice for the price"
The overall stay was nice. The location was great, right on the beach. I would never get a studio room again but want to try out their villas. My room was recently renovated but the bathroom door wouldn't shut easily, you would have to really put effort in closing it. The tub was really big and nice. You can only have one car per reservation and parking is very tight.
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Birthday celebration!"
We had a great time. Room was a little dated but still very nice. Celebrated my birthday with friends! Perfect location and the staff were very nice and friendly! Would stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
Travis
"One night trip"
Very nice hotel and staff, was upgraded from oceanview suite to oceanfront suite. Great views of the boardwalk and ocean. The rockfish restaurant had excellent food and very helpful and accommodating staff. Virginia beach itself was just ok. Would much rather be in myrtle beach sc than virginia beach again.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Jeff and Brandy
"Stay away"
Room is smaller than a match box. It has full size bed. Noisy fan in the bathroom. Dirty stinky carpet. Dust everywhere
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Don
"Relaxing and close to the beach..."
Workers were very sweet...room was awesome...would come back again...
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Highly Recommend"
Awesome Hotel and nice condo. Room is clean and quiet. Easy access to every place
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
UD
"getaway"
Ok room was too small only have a single bed instead of Queens size
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Ronald
"You need to fix the bathroom situation"
There was no door in between the bedroom and shower/ bath tub..... so no privacy but plenty of nasty steam filling the room. Toilet was clogged, but someone brought us a plunger. It did not work so we had to use the restroom Downstairs next to the pool. Luckily se stayed only one night. I cannot imagine to spend the week there!
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"Clean roomy hotel"
My room was very clean. Housekeeping and the front desk young lady and gentleman was super friendly! They were both very nice and helpful.
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
Tammy
"Christmas 2014"
Lovely with a kind and friendly staff.
4 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
It was a short stay but very enjoyable. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Jackie
"Anniversary Trip"
We went for our seventh anniversary and it was awesome the view was spectacular. The staff was friendly and informative and the access to stores and restaurants are in walking distance. Great resort!
4 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
angela
"Lovely hotel"
Everything was fine except for the check in process. A gentleman named Ed was the check in clerk. It took 40 mins. No explanation as to why it took so long. When I gave him my name and copy of my Id card and credit card. He looked at the information and went a back office like I was wanted or something!. He just kept saying it will be a few minutes which turned into 40 min. I loved the hotel, but not sure I will stay there again.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
LaVora
"right on the beach...11th floor ...beautiful view"
We had a great time at the Boardwalk and Beach.There is a ton of things to do and see.Our room was quiet and comfy. The only thing I would like to recommend to the Hotel is Free breakfast or optional pricing to include it.The attached parking garage was a nice feature.Very Friendly staff....time share hounding was kind of annoying.We drove to Norfolk to visit Nauticus Wisconsin Battleship Museum...amazing!!!! Jets are very loud....but cool flying over the hotel.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Linda & John
"After Summer Vacation"
All was very good, however the door to my room was very hard to open and close.
3 night trip Sep 9, 2014
J&J
"Once is enough"
Well, the location is good but the facilities could be improved. It's an older place and needs a facelift. One day housekeeping never showed up. I would stay someplace else if returning to town.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
dasjr64
"Overall, very good stay"
The stay at the Boardwalk was great! The staff was very nice and friendly. Checkin and checkout was easy. Parking garage was a little tight, but aren't most? The room and bathroom was very nice and clean. The only downside was that there was not any breakfast at the hotel, but there were places to eat at, close by. We did stay on a Friday night, it was a little noisy outside, when it was time to relax at night. But that is expected, on a Friday night, during the summer. Overall, very satisfied.
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2014
Cody
"Excellent location and great hotel!"
We could not have been happier with the hotel and the location. It was on the Boardwalk and you had everything you could possibly need or want right at your fingertips. Hotel was clean and comfortable, and the hotel staff was extremely helpful and nice. Was a little demanding on wanting you to sit through a time share presentation, but other than that, it was great. My only drawback was they have no outdoor pool although they do have a heated inside pool, but who wants to be inside at an inside pool when it is beautiful outside and you want to feel the ocean breeze and the sunshine. If you don't care about an outside pool, the hotel is perfect in all other aspects. Will definitely stay there again.
Other trip May 28, 2014
Trina
"Nice but a few small issues"
I stayed in a one bedroom suite with 3 other guests and it was fine but the bathroom layout was awkward. The toilet was closed off for privacy but the shower area was not. The shower area was open to the one bedroom. So whenever one of us needed to shower, no one could stay in the bedroom. The gym was adequate but the ac was not on so I was really sweating. The ac in our room was not cold enough either. We'd always returned to our rooms with it feeling humid. Other than those issues, the place was clean and facility was nicer than others we'd stayed at.
Other trip May 27, 2014
mai
"Great spot on the beach"
Very good.... Perfect location .......I got nothing else to say
Other trip May 24, 2014
The view of the air conditioners, the size of the rooms and no in hotel breakfast were our only complaints.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
"Nice, family-friendly hotel"
They upgraded us to an ocean view room at check-in, which was very nice of them considering it was a very busy weekend. The room was very clean and everything in the room functioned as it should (stove, microwave, A/C, etc). The kitchen was well-stocked with plates, cups, silverware, pots & pans, mixing bowls, utensils, etc. The view was amazing! At night they have a spotlight along the roof that lights up the entire beach, so it's nice to sit on the balcony with some drinks and relax. The pool was a little chillier than I would have liked, as we had to get the kids out after about 15-20 minutes; it was very clean though. The hot tub was very hot and also very clean. The restaurant is excellent, with a good selection of food for adults and kids, at a fairly reasonable price (it's a prime location, so you expect to pay more). Parking was free and they made it very accessible to get your stuff in and out easily from all levels.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
MikeD
"spring break with 3 teens"
first time in an efficiency. Worked very nicely with all amenities present. We had a main door, then separate doors for two bedrooms, the main bedroom with a living room. Only the main room was ocean side. Balcony was small and only in the bedroom. it would have been nicer with a large balcony off the living room. Flexibility provided by the kitchen was great. Eating area was fine and plates and utensils, plus dishwasher and oven allowed a lot of dining variety. Location on the boardwalk is great. Parking is good. Pool, hot tub, and fitness area all good. Internet nice and strong everywhere which was good for teens and allowed me to sneak in a bit of work.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Cold weather, warm staff and nice hotel"
Even through the weather is cold, the house is very nice. We have the 1bedroom ocean front suite with kitchen. My kids really enjoyed the indoor poll and spa.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"Fantastic view"
The staff was very friendly. We arrived early and were able to check in right away. Unfortunately it was a very cold, wet, windy trip. After battleing the cold all day, and it being my anniversary, all I wanted was to soak in the tub. We had no hot water, when I called the front desk I was told they would have someone up the next morning, they never came befor we checked out. Pool looked nice, was dissapointed the resturaunt was closed.
2 night trip Mar 16, 2014
Jeanne and Billy
"GREAT!!"
BEST HOTEL I HAVE BEEN IN!!
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"Nice hotel, centrally located!"
We took the kids for the weekend and had a great time. The staff went above and beyond for us from the minute we checked in. The manager Maureen let us check in 6 hours early because we had small children and drove 10 hours to Virginia Beach. She than went out of her way to find a place for us to park the RV because it was too big for the ramp. Maintenance also helped us with some rope to do a quick fix on our RV. All other staff were great as well!
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"nice suite on the beach"
accomodations were great. indoor pool was nice. kitchen space was good, and sleeper sofas were VERY comfortable.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
linda
"Great place to crash"
I live in VB but sometimes I want to get away and stay down at the oceanfront for a night or two, and the Boardwalk is always my go-to place. If you grab the right room it's pretty much a chic little condo, very comfortable and fun to stay in. It's right across the street from a great wafflehouse if you're so inclined to get up and have breakfast, and walking distance from some decent places to grab a drink in the evening. Overall a very awesome hotel.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
Colin
"Enjoyed the visit!!!"
Hotel staff very friendly and helpful...room clean and accommodating...excellent location on the boardwalk...
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2014
JD
Boardwalk was the most affordable hotel of my choices but I was so surprised at how wonderful everything was...we had an ocean view and a kitchen with a sitting area to watch tv. The beds were extremely comfortable and we had 100 percent, crisp cotton sheets. It was an extremely pleasant stay. The employees could not have been nicer. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
"Nice hotel across to the beach"
Was a great experience...very great resort, my family and I loved the salted water pool, great kitchen utensils, and great views of the very beautiful sea. Everything is very clean.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
Ani
"Nice room! But beware check-out time is at 10am"
The suite was nice and good size. Bed was comfortable! There were downsides thou... No valet, no doorman to help with luggage, check-in time was at 4pm my room wasn't ready until almost 5 pm. Then check-out time was at 10am. NYE was the worst night to book this hotel. At least it was clean. But wouldn't stay again.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013
TRS1111
Loved the room and staff was great and helpful.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2013
"Hotel experience"
We were oceanfront and had anice room. I did have a problem connecting to the free wifi and called the front desk was given the number to the help desk and later found I was charged for the call. I was told by the front desk staff at checkout that they will try to cancel charges have not heard back from them as yet
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
Vonni
"Nice hotel on the Beach"
Thought I was getting a king bed but suite was very nice with ocean view, two TV's so kids had their own. New appliances,pool and hot tub was nice since it rained one day. Parking was nice and they had valet carts for taking the luggage to the room. Staff was very nice.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Brandon
"OK but Not For Me"
The setting - the hotel is in the middle of all the action. It's urban with t-shirt shops, bars and an arcade with rides right across the street and a concrete boardwalk off the back of the hotel with no dunes or sea grasses. The Boardwalk is primarily a time share. There are 2 elevators for 11 floors and always a wait. Our first room on the 2nd floor smelled terrible. A leaking AC in the bedroom smelled of mildew. (However we were later told that the entire floor smelled because of the restaurant below). To the Boardwalk's credit they moved us to a room on the 11th floor that wasn't oceanfront but had a view of the ocean and the amusement park directly across the street. The room was comfortable and we used the pull-out coach in the living room area as a separate bed. Cleanliness - when we opened the bed in a bag there was a mattress pad completely coated in dark long hairs. Also, we saw a silver fish (albeit only one) in the bathroom. Otherwise, the room was clean and housekeeping staff was helpful. Noise - this is an urban setting and noise carries at night. We were there off-season, the second weekend in September, and I was still awakened several times each evening by the groups partying on the street and each morning at sunrise by runners (probably servicemen) chanting as they ran down the boardwalk. Just be prepared not to have a peaceful vacation which is what we were after. In short, I paid as much as I would at a nice hotel and it wasn't for me.
3 night trip Sep 5, 2013
The room was very small... Positive side was the the service and the staff. Exceptionally clean resort.
3 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Nice and convenient."
Clean hotel. Convenient to shopping and beachfront restaurants and shops. Parking is tight. I expected the Rock Fish restaurant to be better.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
Very positive experience. I loved my room. I hated my view (exhaust fans)
3 night family trip Aug 22, 2013
Enjoyed the stay, staff was very nice. would stay again.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
Littlewirt
"The Boardwalk Hotel"
Not quite the boardwalk however the prices are its more like Baltic ave. The hotel is starting to show its age. The hotel is a time share & they do bug you to purchase which I hate. The pool was not clean & had algae in it. The hotel had limited parking so don't go out late you may not have a parking space. The rockfish grill is a restaurant inside the hotel they aren't very good. I still had a good time but this is my last stay at the Baltic ... I meant the Boardwalk.
4 night business trip Aug 11, 2013
Julius L
"Ok hotel on the beach"
As soon as we checked in, we were bombarded by the concierge trying to get us into their timeshare program. Also, our room was much smaller than what the pictures led us to believe. Other than that the hotel was clean and was located in a good spot.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"Great - On Boardwalk"
The overall experience was pleasing. The only thing I would do the next time is choose a 1 bedroom suite instead of the efficiency. The efficiency is too small even for 2 people. Otherwise I would definitely stay at the Boardwalk resort again!
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Great!"
The hubby and I enjoyed our stay here for our anniversary! We will return soon!
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2013
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
"Family friendly, great location"
The location of the Boardwalk is on the beach and in the middle of the Main Street, making it very convenient. I could walk (.9 miles) to the beautiful convention center and felt safe. The hotel staff was great, and the Bone Fish restaurant was fantastic - excellent wait staff, food, and good value. Make sure to have the fish tacos! The room was small, but adequate for one person and it was nice to have a kitchenette. The bed was comfy, and the room was sufficiently cooled, however they A/C was very loud. The overall cleanliness of the hotel was good.
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
Mini
"Luxury hotel on boardwalk"
Decided to splurge and stay at a nice hotel instead of the typical run down rooms that you usually find on the boardwalk. It was pretty costly since we were staying the week after July 4th but we were very pleased. The room had a kitchen, livingroom with pull out couch, bedroom with another pull out couch and whirlpooll tub. The size was perfect for our family of four. The entire hotel and room was very clean! The staff were extremely friendly - every time you ran into an employee that offered a greeting and took the time to interact with our children. The only cons for us was that our room was on the ninth floor which prevented us from allowing our kids to hang out on the balcony AND the blinds on the bedroom window does not prevent light coming into the room hitting directly on the bed.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
Maria
"Good stay"
Good stay. Good middle location on the boardwalk. As promised. Would do again.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
M Tahboub
The hotel is a time share and we were bothered every day to do the time share. Bed was smaller than a queen and the furniture was stained and ripped in the bedroom. Hotel overall wasn't bad but the next time we decide to go to virginia beach we will stay at another location because of the time share issue.
4 night business trip May 20, 2013
Stacy
"Middle of the action"
The Boardwalk Hotel is located smack dab in the middle of the beach scene. Very convenient. Small room but very clean and roomy enough for a couple. Bathroom is good size. Parking is easy and free. No need to use the car until it's time to leave the area. Rockfish Bar and Grill is happening and bartender was very attentive. Friendly staff.
1 night trip May 17, 2013