All hotels in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America
1601 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA, 23451, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Ehh."
I would love to get a refund. The room was dirty and water seeped into our room through the balcony. I understand their was a winter storm so, the leaking was understandable. But no one told us about the possibility of it happening and to make matters worse, all of my clothes got soaked before the first night was even over. The maid was extremely helpful. She recleaned the rooms the next day and tried to soak up some of the water. She was defiantly helpful. The front desk were kind and tried to help but they didn't seem to care at all when I said the rooms were leaking saying,"oh it happens". Okay. Give me my money back and I'll never go back there. Nice trip overall. Other than those two issues, nice bed and room. It's a nice little get away spot.
Response by Boardwalk by Diamond Resorts
We are very sorry to read that you were inconvenienced and we are sorry if you were given an impression our team were not concerned by your experience. Please be assured that out guests’ comfort is or priority and our team were determined to keep any disturbance to a minimum. It is very kind of you to share the positive comments as well and we are pleased that you have an overall pleasant trip. Nicole Webster General Manager
2 night romance trip Jan 22, 2016
Deveron
"Excellent Stay"
Kitchen was newly renovated
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
Sullivan
"Noisy"
Room was very noisy, both from the street and our neighbors on the other side of a very thin wall. Ice machine outside our door was very loud.
Response by Boardwalk by Diamond Resorts
We regret to read that you may have had some noise related issues during your stay We would like to assure you that should any of our guests not be fully satisfied with their apartment, we would always do our best to improve the quality of their stay. We are sorry if this was not the case on this occasion. Thank you for sharing your feedback Kind regards Nicole Webster General Manager
3 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
Debra
"excellent beach location"
bed was a bit uncomfortable
Response by Boardwalk by Diamond Resorts
We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and liked our location, although we are sorry if you did not find the bed as comfortable as you may have wished. Thank you for your feedback! Nicole Webster General Manager
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
The remodeled rooms were very nice. Though the mattress was so uncomfortable and we slept horribly. Also, we were supposed to have adjoining rooms or side by side rooms as requested at the time of booking and our rooms were at the opposite end of the hallway from each other.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
Angie
"More days to stay is needed."
It is a great stay. But the bed can be improved as it is too soft to lay down for a couple. The bed quality can not match the standard of the room. This is the only one item I can have question.
3 night business trip Nov 1, 2015
Ming Jer
"weekend stay"
Upgraded from ocean view to ocean front. Was a little pricey, but nice place to stay.
2 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
We enjoyed our stay very much, even though it was off season. We are looking forward to returning with our kids and grandkids.
4 night romance trip Oct 15, 2015
"Pretty good"
We were really impressed with the room size and that it had not only a kitchen but the bedroom was separate from the rest of the room. The available channel selection on the TVs are horrible and there is no ability to stream netflix or rent any movies. It would really help for those with children.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Tony
"Birthday get-a-way"
My girlfriend and I stayed for a one night getaway for her birthday. It was a most enjoyable stay
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
We had an excellent stay at this hotel. We will definitely visit again.
2 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
david
"Wonderful stay!"
Hotel staff was pleasant and always made a point to say hello. The room was beautiful, even though I didn't have a view of the ocean, I still had a beautiful view of the city and the amusement park lit up at night. The tub was my FAVORITE. It was so deep I could finally take a bath and be completely submerged! My only complaint was that it was a little loud. There is an arena stage next to the hotel that has nightly shows and the music can be a little loud. Also, there are LOTS of motorcycles and cars who like to rev their engines at the intersection. If you're looking for peace and quiet, opt of the ocean side and away from the stage. Other than that, no complaints at all.
3 night trip Aug 16, 2015
"great stay"
Very nice friendly staff and very clean.
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Ruth
"boardwalk hotel"
Great room, great view of ocean, great site location, great staff and service, good value, and good food. A great hotel and will be back soon.
3 night trip May 8, 2015
Ron
"Smallest Room ever"
The room had a small window and bedding was a double not a queen. Pullout is lumpy . The bathroom was nice and well appointed . The room was painted dark and I guess that is why it seemed so small
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
m
"Perfect location"
My boyfriend and I booked this hotel for a weekend getaway and we had a great time. The room was very clean as well as the hotel. Only thing I didn't like was the size of our room. It was separated with another room. So for example instead of seeing the door to your room you see two room numbers. If the room number is 100 then on the door it would say 100A and 100B. Now we were confused when we saw that. The minute you open the door you see a tiny hallway then you see the doors to each room. We got the B room and when we opened it it was TINY!! My boyfriend's conclusion rooms 100A and 100B used to be one giant room (so room 100) but in efforts of making an extra buck the hotel split room 100 into two. This sucks because the rooms aren't the same size. We saw into room 100A and it was much much bigger than ours. That's the only downside to that hotel. Just get rid of that cuz that's a joke. (Example of room number was made up for review purposes. I don't even know if there's a 100 room but hope you all got the point.)
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
RM
"Nice for the price"
The overall stay was nice. The location was great, right on the beach. I would never get a studio room again but want to try out their villas. My room was recently renovated but the bathroom door wouldn't shut easily, you would have to really put effort in closing it. The tub was really big and nice. You can only have one car per reservation and parking is very tight.
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Wonderful place to stay"
We enjoyed our stay . The room had a spectacular ocean front view. It's location on the boardwalk makes it accessible to the ocean, restaurants and shopping. The facility is updated and well maintained. We are hoping to return again in the future.
Other trip May 30, 2015
alli
"Nice but a little disappointed"
We booked a suite for the week which said an ocean view. They ended up giving us the side room so most of our view was the building next to us and you had to walk out the balcony to see the ocean. It shouldn't specify ocean view if some people will get jipped. The restaurant food was goos but the tables and chairs are a bit run down, need some updating. Our bed was never made and the room cleaned maybe 2 or 3 times out of the whole week. Everyone was nice and the room was nice. It was awesome to be right on the beach. Overall not so bad but would not be happy if we paid $200/night.
Other trip May 23, 2015
Great room close to the beach. I was very happy with all the things the room had and the view could not have been better
Other trip May 23, 2015
jocelyn
"Newly renovated rooms overlooking ocean"
We arrived to find a friendly, helpful staff. The room was clean and totally equipped to make my family comfortable for the length of our stay. Kitchen was great. The view was even better. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. We also had dessert at the Rockfish Restaurant which was yummy. I would definitely recommend this hotel
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Becky
"Birthday celebration!"
We had a great time. Room was a little dated but still very nice. Celebrated my birthday with friends! Perfect location and the staff were very nice and friendly! Would stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
Travis
"Perfect location!"
Went for a 5k race for FARA Fest Lei Day April 18, 2015. The hotel was perfect! Newly remodeled and the staff was amazing. Friendly staff and beautiful view of the ocean too. Could not ask for more and the price was a steal!!!
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"One night trip"
Very nice hotel and staff, was upgraded from oceanview suite to oceanfront suite. Great views of the boardwalk and ocean. The rockfish restaurant had excellent food and very helpful and accommodating staff. Virginia beach itself was just ok. Would much rather be in myrtle beach sc than virginia beach again.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Jeff and Brandy
"Customer Service"
Our first room was not cleaned. It was very small and on city side which was all that was available when I booked. Because it had not been cleaned, the courteous front desk gave us an upgrade to beachfront at no additional charge. This room is the one I've based my review on...It was awesome. It was a 2 room suite with a kitchen/dining area, sectional sofa, floor to ceiling windows to view the ocean, (beautiful view) bedroom with balcony, jetted tub. Right on the beach on the boardwalk. Would definitely recommend! Would love to go back there when I have more time to enjoy...
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Janet
"Should have picked a different hotel"
My room smelled like garbage when I checked in. The cleaning staff came around blasting loud music and attempting to clean rooms at 9am on a weekend. The walls were thin. The parking sucks and we were told after we arrived that they only allow one parking pass per reservation.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Tina
"Stay away"
Room is smaller than a match box. It has full size bed. Noisy fan in the bathroom. Dirty stinky carpet. Dust everywhere
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Don
"Relaxing and close to the beach..."
Workers were very sweet...room was awesome...would come back again...
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Highly Recommend"
Awesome Hotel and nice condo. Room is clean and quiet. Easy access to every place
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
UD
"getaway"
Ok room was too small only have a single bed instead of Queens size
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Ronald
"NOT THE GREATEST."
Well I didn't stay at the boardwalk resort hotel. Reservations called me the day of check-in (Valentines day) to tell me my room wouldn't be available do to renovations.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"You need to fix the bathroom situation"
There was no door in between the bedroom and shower/ bath tub..... so no privacy but plenty of nasty steam filling the room. Toilet was clogged, but someone brought us a plunger. It did not work so we had to use the restroom Downstairs next to the pool. Luckily se stayed only one night. I cannot imagine to spend the week there!
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"Clean roomy hotel"
My room was very clean. Housekeeping and the front desk young lady and gentleman was super friendly! They were both very nice and helpful.
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
Tammy
"Christmas 2014"
Lovely with a kind and friendly staff.
4 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
It was a short stay but very enjoyable. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Jackie
"Better improvements."
The stay I had was not the worse, but it wasn't the best. On the plus side, the ocean view was beautiful and the included parking was a major plus. Now on the negative side, the hotel cleanliness and up keep did not match up to the web site pictures. The hotel restaurant was only serving a portion of what was normally on the menu and the hotel environment was not a disabled/disability challenged friendly establishment. Overall, would I stayed there again, only if I was unable to find better accomadations.
2 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"Anniversary Trip"
We went for our seventh anniversary and it was awesome the view was spectacular. The staff was friendly and informative and the access to stores and restaurants are in walking distance. Great resort!
4 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
angela
"Lovely hotel"
Everything was fine except for the check in process. A gentleman named Ed was the check in clerk. It took 40 mins. No explanation as to why it took so long. When I gave him my name and copy of my Id card and credit card. He looked at the information and went a back office like I was wanted or something!. He just kept saying it will be a few minutes which turned into 40 min. I loved the hotel, but not sure I will stay there again.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
LaVora
"right on the beach...11th floor ...beautiful view"
We had a great time at the Boardwalk and Beach.There is a ton of things to do and see.Our room was quiet and comfy. The only thing I would like to recommend to the Hotel is Free breakfast or optional pricing to include it.The attached parking garage was a nice feature.Very Friendly staff....time share hounding was kind of annoying.We drove to Norfolk to visit Nauticus Wisconsin Battleship Museum...amazing!!!! Jets are very loud....but cool flying over the hotel.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Linda & John
"After Summer Vacation"
All was very good, however the door to my room was very hard to open and close.
3 night trip Sep 9, 2014
J&J
"Once is enough"
Well, the location is good but the facilities could be improved. It's an older place and needs a facelift. One day housekeeping never showed up. I would stay someplace else if returning to town.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
dasjr64
"Overall, very good stay"
The stay at the Boardwalk was great! The staff was very nice and friendly. Checkin and checkout was easy. Parking garage was a little tight, but aren't most? The room and bathroom was very nice and clean. The only downside was that there was not any breakfast at the hotel, but there were places to eat at, close by. We did stay on a Friday night, it was a little noisy outside, when it was time to relax at night. But that is expected, on a Friday night, during the summer. Overall, very satisfied.
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2014
Cody
"Micro room"
When I reserved my room thru expedia I was sure I asked for 2 double beds for 2 adults and a 15 year old. I didn't think to look what was reserved for me when I received my conformation email. Everything was smooth thru check in got the three keys, my parking garage pass and I proceed to my room. It is the smallest room that I have ever seen. I can not believe they offer this room for the amount that they did! If I receive half a room I should be charged half the price! This room only had one full sized bed, think what 2 adults can sleep in a full sized bed that is lumpy? There was a small foton type couch that could be pulled out into a bed but then where does the coffee table go? There was barely enough room to walk between the foot of the full bed and the bathroom door. It did have a refrig, coffee maker and microwave but honestly I am glad I am from the area and only had a hotel room for the sand soccer tournament that was going on at the beach. It was nice to use the a/c, bathroom facilities and parking! If they offered me this room because of my address than they are profiling but if they offer this room to families that are traveling to the area, imagine the shock they'd get and not have a place to sleep. I did learn my lesson to not EVER trust Expedia!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Jo
"Excellent location and great hotel!"
We could not have been happier with the hotel and the location. It was on the Boardwalk and you had everything you could possibly need or want right at your fingertips. Hotel was clean and comfortable, and the hotel staff was extremely helpful and nice. Was a little demanding on wanting you to sit through a time share presentation, but other than that, it was great. My only drawback was they have no outdoor pool although they do have a heated inside pool, but who wants to be inside at an inside pool when it is beautiful outside and you want to feel the ocean breeze and the sunshine. If you don't care about an outside pool, the hotel is perfect in all other aspects. Will definitely stay there again.
Other trip May 28, 2014
Trina
"Nice but a few small issues"
I stayed in a one bedroom suite with 3 other guests and it was fine but the bathroom layout was awkward. The toilet was closed off for privacy but the shower area was not. The shower area was open to the one bedroom. So whenever one of us needed to shower, no one could stay in the bedroom. The gym was adequate but the ac was not on so I was really sweating. The ac in our room was not cold enough either. We'd always returned to our rooms with it feeling humid. Other than those issues, the place was clean and facility was nicer than others we'd stayed at.
Other trip May 27, 2014
mai
"Great spot on the beach"
Very good.... Perfect location .......I got nothing else to say
Other trip May 24, 2014
The view of the air conditioners, the size of the rooms and no in hotel breakfast were our only complaints.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
"Nice, family-friendly hotel"
They upgraded us to an ocean view room at check-in, which was very nice of them considering it was a very busy weekend. The room was very clean and everything in the room functioned as it should (stove, microwave, A/C, etc). The kitchen was well-stocked with plates, cups, silverware, pots & pans, mixing bowls, utensils, etc. The view was amazing! At night they have a spotlight along the roof that lights up the entire beach, so it's nice to sit on the balcony with some drinks and relax. The pool was a little chillier than I would have liked, as we had to get the kids out after about 15-20 minutes; it was very clean though. The hot tub was very hot and also very clean. The restaurant is excellent, with a good selection of food for adults and kids, at a fairly reasonable price (it's a prime location, so you expect to pay more). Parking was free and they made it very accessible to get your stuff in and out easily from all levels.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
MikeD
"spring break with 3 teens"
first time in an efficiency. Worked very nicely with all amenities present. We had a main door, then separate doors for two bedrooms, the main bedroom with a living room. Only the main room was ocean side. Balcony was small and only in the bedroom. it would have been nicer with a large balcony off the living room. Flexibility provided by the kitchen was great. Eating area was fine and plates and utensils, plus dishwasher and oven allowed a lot of dining variety. Location on the boardwalk is great. Parking is good. Pool, hot tub, and fitness area all good. Internet nice and strong everywhere which was good for teens and allowed me to sneak in a bit of work.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Cold weather, warm staff and nice hotel"
Even through the weather is cold, the house is very nice. We have the 1bedroom ocean front suite with kitchen. My kids really enjoyed the indoor poll and spa.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014