All hotels in Duesseldorf, Germany

"Horrible"
Horrible. Noisy. Hot. Sleepless night. Please look elsewhere.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2015
"Great day great location great people"
Great day great location great people
3 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
The front desk staff can speak very good English. They are so helpful
1 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
Lihui
We stayed here one night and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was for what we paid. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. Great location for use of train station to get to the airport.
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Lori
"One night layover"
We had a long layover on our way back to the US so we decided to stay one night. Neighborhood was nice but busy, train stop just outside hotel, and it was walking distance to Old Dusseldorf.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
do not force, I have already spent more then a minute
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
big rooms, clean, everything perfect. thanks a lot.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
everything perfect. thanks a lot.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Thin walls, but good location!
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Dusseldorf was a great place. And the hotel was in a good location. The hotel is good and clean. Nice staff and accommodative. Love to go back. The hotel price was superb. I really enjoyed my stay.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Overall a good hotel given the location. It is 3 minute walk to the main station and close to many quick eating spots. the hotel itself is not super new. it feels like living in apartment building a bit; just the lay out. Regular room keys (no key cards).
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
I like this hotel/ Location near central station ( about 3 min), no far away old town (about 15 min). Good price and staff. Houskeeping was every day, but in my room under the bed was man socks on arrival.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Nice Hotel Close to Train Station"
Very welcoming and helpful staff. I will stay there again.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Neat and Clean...Well maintained"
It was a business stay.When back to hotel after a long hard day..it was comforting ...
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Param
"Never again."
My experience is not typical and not the fault of the hotel since i experienced lost luggage by British Airways fom London to Dusseldorf, which ment I could not venture out into the city as I desired. Hotel pros: friendly staff. Near the railway station (less than 2 blocks away). Hotel cons: poor mattreszes, which kept me up all night. Hotel does not have sound proffing, which allows you to hear the traffic all night long (not not the sirens, but all the regular traffic every few minutes). Very few TV cable channels of which all were poor stations with no good movies.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Romantic weekend in Düsseldorf. Our main reason to travel there was the weihnachtsmarkt, the hotel location was good. A short walk (15-20minutes) to Köningsallee and the Altstadt. I recommend the hotel, the price was right, but the breakfast was too expensive to book extra (€9,90 pp)!
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Right next to the train station. Great staff. Walkable to main attractions. Lack of stuff around the area. However, the hotel is a good value. Would stay again.
2 night trip Nov 3, 2014
"Stay away from this hotel!"
I was shocked to arrive at such a dilapidated hotel in such a funky neighborhood. With 4 stars and over $300 per night, I expected an upscale hotel, with a nice lobby and reception area. The flat screen TV's were only in German, with no options for other languages or movie channels.
3 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
"Never Again..."
Great Location near the train station, but that's all it has going for it. Don't go looking for a Novum Hotel, you won't find it, you need to look for Madison Hotel when you walk from the train station. Our first room had dried, hairy gum in the sheets when we went to bed. We packed up and hauled our luggage to a second room which had two separate beds, so we hauled our luggage again to a third room. It was not a pleasant experience!
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
"Good for my visit"
Only complaint : only one TV channel in Engloba, all other 16 only german!!!???
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Agustin
"Needs a makeover."
Hotel is in need of a makeover. Neighborhood is a little scary. Staff did everything to make us comfortable, but with no A/C, that is hard to do. Window had to stay open, and the street was very noisy. I would not stay at this location again.
1 night family trip Sep 16, 2014
"Close to the Railway station"
Good hotel, close to the railway station and the city center. Friendly and helpful staff. Wifi goes on and off and doesn't work properly. But in no way is this a 4 star hotel; 2,5 stars I would say.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Jasper
"Comfy, But Bad Neighborhood for Families"
The hotel was conveniently located to the Hauptbahnhof (Main Train Station), but the surrounding neighborhood is not good for families. It was loud and rowdy, with many gambling establishments and adult entertainment establishments. The hotel itself had good service, was clean, and comfortable. Our room was very nice, but be prepared for the lack of air conditioning and less-than-ideal airflow meaning very high temperatures especially on upper floors during the summer. Also note that no complimentary airport shuttle is available - a miscommunication that seemed to exist around our reservation.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
Erik Hjerpe
"Cozy Hotel"
This was a nice hotel, centrally located near the Dusseldorf HBF train station and about a 15-20 minute walk to the Rhein river. The neighborhood is a little sketchy, but has a good amount of bars, restaurants, and markets. Rooms were fairly clean and the bathroom was clean. Only drawback was probably due to the fact that our stay coincided with the World Cup - meaning rowdy younger guests who often paraded around the halls banging on other people's rooms. Otherwise, I would recommend this hotel for a quick stay in Dusseldorf.
3 night family trip Jun 15, 2014
"nice hotel in a bad neighborhood"
Probably would not stay there again.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
travel everywhere
Very god stay
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2014
"Just okay"
Hotel is small with tiny elevator. A short distance walk to the main station which is a big plus for us. I stayed in other 4-star hotels in Germany over the 2-week period we were there. This one is more like a 3-star or a 3.5 at most. For what I paid,I think this hotel is just okay.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
"Close to train station"
Standard hotel - not too many perks. Very early checkout (11:00 am). My flight left at 5:00 pm - asked to extend checkout for an hour but they requested a 15 Euro fee (usually it is of no issue @ other hotels)
1 night business trip Apr 19, 2014
Vasco
"Close the the main train station"
It was a clean room at a decent price. We only stayed here because it was in our budget and close to where we wanted to go. The public parking was close by and only 6 euro a day.
Response by Novum Business Hotel Madison Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof
Dear guest, Thank you for your review . We are delighted that you had a nice time in Dusseldorf. We would be glad to welcome you again soon. Faithfully Yours Madison Team
2 night family trip Mar 15, 2014
"Not clean hotel"
Very unclean hotel and unfrendley staff.
Response by Novum Business Hotel Madison Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof
Dear guest, Thank you very much for your review. We want to apologize very much for the behavior and unfriendliness of our employees. We have spoken directly with them and will make further training. Also we have spoken directly with the cleaning company and displayed the lack of cleanliness. Of course, the housekeeper will check the rooms more thoroughly in future to avoid this problem. For the inconvenience we want to apologize very much. Sincerely Yours Madison Team
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2014
"close to train station"
comfy beds - tons of space - clean!!
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
lesle
"One night in Dusseldorf"
We only stayed here one night and chose it for its convenience to the train station. It was a nice experience, with a good breakfast.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"Lost hotel reservations made through Expedia!"
Unfortunately when we arrived at the hotel our reservations had been lost even though the rooms had been paid for 3 months in advance! I did have the confirmation numbers but this was during the busiest week in Dusseldorf because of the MEDICA trade show and all the nicer hotels were booked up. My colleague had to stay one night at their "sister" hotel (which did not compare with the Madison in any way); he then had to check out the following morning to check into the Madison. The hotel was also undergoing renovations during our entire week there and the room phones never worked until the day we checked out. On a positive note, the hotel is very conveniently located and clean. The hotel staff through out our stay was exceptional... very courteous and as accommodating as possible and because of them I would be willing to give the Madison another try...
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
Dana
Stay was good and breakfast was absolutely delicious!
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
Alma
"biggest hotel disappointment ever w expedia rating"
I thought that I paid and booked a 4 Star hotel. At arrival they wanted to put me to another hotel w/o letting me know in advance. The other one belongs to the same chain but the room was totally worn off w a tiny old tv, first floor etc. maybe 2 Stars max so I required another booking or a room at the Madison novum. Obviously I was very upset because all this was very time consuming and frustrating. So they managed to get a room at the Madison. Again, worn off and first floor... Not even close to a 4 star room. The rest was well aligned to a 2 Star hotel including the web connection and the breakfast. The good was the proximity to the train station and the bed was quite ok. In my opinion expedia should re-rate this hotel or consider not to offer it at all. First time, I am very disappointed with the information on expedia!
Response by Novum Business Hotel Madison Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof
Dear guest, Thank you for your honest words, regarding your stay in our Hotel Madison Novum. Of course the discribed problems were passed on to the responsible departement. For the inconvenience, we would like to apologize very much. With kind regards, Your Madison Team
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
markku
We had short vacation with tree kids, and Madison was almost the only hotel in this area where we got five beds room. Room was great, clean and big, after putting down the luggage there was enough space for movement. Staff is professional. The room (5th floor, with balcony) was a little too noisy, but it was ok for us. Surrounding area isn´t best, there was few sex shop and suspect bar, but pizza and grill bars, too. Parking house is directly behind the house. Madison Novum isn´t 4 star hotel but it is good 3 star hotel.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Great Location / Good Breakfast"
This hotel is very close to the main train station and downtown. So the main attractions in the city are within easy walking distance. The hotel staff was very helpful and speak good English. The room was nice although the rooms on the main street side are noisy with traffic all night long. As is with most hotels and rooms in Europe....there was no air conditioning. I would stay in this hotel again.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Reed
"Dissappointed"
When we got to the hotel we were told there was a mix up with our booking by the hotel and they did not have the room we had booked - an exclusive double room. The guy at the reception tried to give us another small room and tried hard to pass it to us as a suite, it was not and we refused to have it. After we waited for an hour in reception he finally got us a five bed room which was ok, but was very stuffy and warm, not helped by the hot weather. When we asked for a fan, he said they had none except for the one in the reception which he was using, and would let us have it after he finished his shift, which he did. There are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room, very basic. Would not go back nor would I recommend it to anyone. Hope expedia can do something about the harassment we had to go through after a long travel.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
Joel
"Convenient to airport"
The hotel is about four miles from the airport, which was important for our very early morning flight.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2013
Anonymous
"Nice Staff"
No a/c. Area is great if you like adult shops.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2013
"One block away from the main train station"
Pleasant stuff, clean room and spacious bathroom. Highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Apr 10, 2013
Outstanding quality at that price. Very large & clean room and bed, and easy to check-in and leaving/entering the hotel. But it was cold in room, even after closing the windows. Blanket was warm, however.
Other trip Jan 16, 2013
Great hotel low price. Service is prety fine. room clean and comfortable. Great at all. Keep the low price.
Other trip Dec 26, 2012
The location is ideal for someone who's traveling by train. Arriving with car costs you some money, and it's not so convenient to find the parking places. The hotel is located on a restricted access road, so you have to walk at least 50~100 meter with your bags if you arrive with car/taxi.
Other trip Dec 7, 2012
"Steps from the Hauptbahnhof (central rail station)"
Steps from the Hauptbahnhof, which puts it in the neighbourhood of a few "adult-oriented" shops and the like. The wireless Internet (wifi), while working in the lobby, didn't work from the room. The room was slightly dated, but clean and quite large.
1 night business trip Sep 22, 2012
Traveller from Canada
I was always sure that the hotels in Germany are usually the best in Europe. This time it proved to be wrong assumption. The staff was polite, but they never did a single thing we asked for. Telephones were not working or absent, safe was not working either.
Other trip Aug 13, 2012

"Decent Hotel"
Stayed for 2 nights; very hot weather; windows open; very loud trams!!! Very little sleep.
2 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2015
"Very nice hotel close to station."
Very nice hotel, good size room and comfortable. Shame breakfast is not included in price, as it is in other places for lower price. Accidentally drank the 4 euro water, as the price on it was small but it had big "WELCOME" letters on it so I thought it was complimentary. On purpose I imagine. I felt a bit cheated. Next time I will make sure to look for prices on things more.
1 night trip May 29, 2015
"Long weekend for boys bonding session"
The Hotel was very close to the main train station, few minutes walk although the area was a bit dodgy. The room was very hot, but if you opened the windows the noise of the trams rumbling past kept you awake, it was a choice of the lesser of the two evils. The room itself was large, very clean and tidy, the bathroom was enormous compared to other Hotel bathrooms. Trams from right outside took you to the old town or other parts of the city, I would recommend this Hotel to others and stay here again.
3 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
anthony
"Choose the room on main block & facing inside"
The location of the hotel was excellent. The room was big, bed, furniture and toilet was clean and new. However, some rooms are in different block by using different lifts, just like MAZE! My room was not on the main block of hotel, walked up and down, walked up and down with some stairs to reach the lifts and room! I was carried a big and heavy luggage. My room was faced to the busy main road, no air-con. When I opened the window it was very noise. So, what can I do!!! Either suffer from the noise or no fresh air! When I requested to change the location of my room at 6pm, the staff said it was too late, have to change on next day! I requested for kettle, he said it was not available. No bottle of water is free at room.
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2015