All hotels in Ocean City, Maryland, United States of America
11700 Coastal Hwy, Ocean City, MD, 21842, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Always wanted to stay at Carousel..."
Since I was a kid, hundreds of years ago :) I've wanted to stay at the Carousel. She's an old hotel with an ice rink. I'm sure she's seen better days, but overall, I would definitely go again. The hotel is dated (as expected) but was clean and you just can't beat the location right on the beach. The outside pool/bar/food area was very crowded, but everyone seemed pretty happy to be there.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Some better cleaning please"
The maid service was very inconsistent. Didn't get new coffee packets till day 5 of my stay. If you slept in and missed prime time cleaning, then you just got your bed made and main surfaces cleaned. Not even clean mugs. Sand in your bed no fun. It is a very family friendly hotel, so if you have lots of kids that is great. There was even a skating rink that played loud music till 10pm. Food was good but overpriced.
7 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Fun in Sun"
the checking part was the most problematic.
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Nice hotel but starting to show it's age. The bathroom counter top was coming apart, bathroom ceiling titles are showing rust, bathroom floor tile grout was turning black and nonsmoking room smelled like smoke.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
"Great hotel for family."
I loved the fact that this place has plenty of activities on site to give you plenty of options without needing to get in your car.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
Tonya
"Great Place For Family Vacation"
Decent place. North O.C. so away from the boardwalk which I liked. The kids loved the ice rink. Hotel could use some updating, but the room was clean so that's more important to me. Outdoor pool was very small for the hotel. Nice outside bar area. Walk right onto the beach from the hotel. Would definitely stay there again.
2 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Andrea
"Wanna still be there!"
The amenities were exactly what we saw online. The rooms were roomy and kept spotless. The staff are extremely pleasant and on point. Our children were elated by the ice rink/nightly show and of course the arcade. The access to the beach was convenient. The privacy of being a short distance from the boardwalk was refreshing. This resort is 100% family orientated. My only peeve would be the slow service in the restaurant however the prices they advertise and the quality of the food make up for the slow service. The prime rib special and breakfast brunch was awesome and priced reasonably. The kids would love to come back and so would we.
4 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Diana
"This hotel has seen better days."
My first impression was of the front desk clerk. He sounded like he was lecturing me when he explained the house rules. I was not impressed. The hotel is obviously in a state of decline and was disappointing for the amount of money it cost to stay there.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Dennis
"family friendly"
Mattresses were very hard and uncomfortable. Very family oriented. If you don't have little kids then I would suggest another place. Movie night was great and so was the free skate show. Food was actually very good at the outdoor cafe. Don't expect any refunds for any reason even if its their fault ie did not clean our room. Front desk refused to refund the extra person charge even when the extra person did not come with us.
4 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
"Great Hotel Location, Friendly Staff"
Hotel was nice, average beach hotel, great location, loved the ice skating rink inside and the bar/restaurant outside. Rooms could have been cleaned a little better, found previous guests clothes balled up behind sofa and empty water bottles, maid service just needs to pay a little more attention! Staff very friendly and helpful! Really liked the convenience of location and amenities offered inside hotel.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Raymond
"Close too beach. It's an average beach hotel."
We booked a non ocean view balcony so I assumed it was on the side or front of hotel. I was fine with that as long as it was a balcony outside. What we got is a balcony inside overlooking the very loud atrium. It was non stop noise all night. Our room was so cold and you cannot control air temp. The unit is either on at full blast or hot with no air circulation and without an outside balcony, no relief. it is worth the upgrade to stay at a nicer hotel.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
sandy
"Kid Friendly Decent Hotel."
Compared to other reviews on this hotel I don't think it was as bad as people are making it seem, however I literally only used the hotel to sleep at night. I didn't use any of the amenities they had to offer because I wanted to enjoy other parts of Ocean City. Also it is no where near the board walk quick FYI. Check in was fine, they were friendly. However hotel staff in general I think could've been a bit better with customer service. No hi or bye or smiling faces in passing in the hallways. In addition it wasn't common courtesy for them to let the hotel guest go first. They made you wait until they did what they had to do and then you could continue. What is true throughout the reviews is the poor elevator system. The worst I've ever seen. An arguing match on who was getting on first actually erupted as I waited for the elevator. For it to be a kid populated hotel it's not the best situation with the elevators. Luckily my room was on the second floor so I was able to use the stairs the rest of my stay. Overall I would stay here again although it wouldn't be my first choice.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"Great Time, Great Property!"
This was a great hotel, and we got a great rate for mid-August-$202/night but if I had paid more, I may not have rated so high only because of the look of the room. We had so much fun at the property, the hot tub was great, the indoor pool is even warm! There's an outdoor pool, a bit small for the # of guests, but a nice option. The only tiny issue was the room being outdated, but just cosmetically. It was very comfortable and had everything we needed, but the table and chairs were just plain old and ugly and furniture was dated. Otherwise,great. We had a balcony overlooking Coastal Highway, watched the sunset on the bay each night. Our son is 8, and he loved the hotel so much. It's right on the beach, and indoor snack bar has the best ice-cream! We didn't get to ice skate, but def will be back to try. Over all, we loved it, the staff was super friendly, and accommodating. Especially the lady at the cart checkout! She had short blonde hair, nice helpful & always smiling, and she didn't seem to hate her job(which is great compared to a lot of hotel staff I've encountered). They are lucky to have her she's a great customer service asset! The desk girls were nice, the housekeeping staff were more than happy to help, and even better, to leave us alone! There's lots of shopping nearby, and we just had a great stay!
3 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Rachel
Picture above the bed fell off the wall and struck me in the back of my head while sleeping!!
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
"Great Location, Nice Amenities, Big Noise Problem"
The hotel is in a nice location and has great access to the beach. The amenities in the hotel are pretty good with adequate parking, the ice rink, indoor and outdoor pool and the deck area with food and bar service. However, the quality of the rooms leave a lot to be desired.....the hotel is fairly old and this appears to affect the noise levels in the rooms. I have never been in a hotel with so much external noise - you can clearly hear conversations in other rooms and this is very frustrating when you are trying to sleep at night or in the morning. Footsteps are also very loud....and maybe the worst thing is the doors slamming constantly. This is a great hotel if noise doesn't bother you, but I know I cannot stay here in the future as I got very little sleep over the several days that we were there.
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"Smelly and completely run down hotel...."
This hotel just smells aweful as you walk through the halls and into your room. Basically like old dirty carpets that don't get cleaned and haven't been replaced for way too long. Also the beds are uncomfortable with inconsistent pillows (no 2 the same). The out door grill and bar were ok as was the breakfast buffet, but o would say those are definitely the highlights of the hotel. I would not return or recommend the hotel to anyone.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Best Ocean City Vacation Ever!"
What a wonderful time! We spent 7 days with our daughter, son in law and 3 grandchildren. So much for the kids to do! Spotlessly clean. Everyone wad more than courteous! Definitely planning to come back!
6 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Valerie
"Bad Room in O.C."
We have been vacationing in O.C. MD for several years and this was the first time we stayed at the Carousel. Unfortunately this will be our last. We were very unhappy with the room. The furniture and the counter-tops were delaminating and are showing their age. The toilet seat was loose which created and adventure...The A/C worked but the unit was old technology and sounded like a jet engine! The view was terrible and the deck was just a railing that ran out onto the roof. We wouldn't let the kids out there. We felt misled with the listing and the pictures. For the price we paid per night, we expected more. Not going back!
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
"Do not listen to the negative reviews!!"
Family stay with two older children was great.Before our stay I was a little put off by reading all the negative reviews and was anticipating a not so enjoyable stay. I was pleasantly impressed. Not only was the staff friendly and welcoming, our ocean front room was clean and well serviced. The view was amazing and we enjoyed the sounds of the ocean while we slept. The food and service at both the outdoor grill and restaurant was good and reasonably priced. All pools were clean and well maintained. The ice skating rink was a nice added feature of the hotel and the show was enjoyable
5 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"Loud air conditioner and noises inside the hotel."
Called main desk about the loud environment and nothing at all was done about it. Never will return to that hotel again for that price!!!
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
"Tired and outdated"
Expensive and really in need of a facelift. Wouldn't stay there again -- crowded beach, noisy room, not nice.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
"Not worth it"
Poor unfriendly service. Expensive. Outdated
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
"Beware"
Older hotel with lack of maintenance. We had to use restroom in lobby our first two nights there. Toilet did not work or flush. and air conditioner did not work in room. Hotel offered us fans. Did put new air conditioner on our 3rd night. I do not recommend this outdated hotel. Hotel refused to give us any compensation for our horrible stay.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
"Nicest hotel on the beach"
We really enjoyed our stay. We were pleased with the clean and comfortable room and its convenient location to the beach are real wonderful assets along with the complimentary beach chairs. The Ice Show was very enjoyable. We hope to visit again real soon.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Convenient hotel for families"
Our stay was certainly not a bad one at all. I had read the reviews and knew what the hotel offered and that it was a family oriented location. What I had not expected was the constant noise that we heard our entire trip. We were placed near the housekeeping rooms and there was constant foot traffic and I could hear entire conversations like they were in the room. Obviously this was due to the room location so I cannot speak for the rest of the rooms. The complementary beach chairs were a huge plus for us since we didn't feel the need to bring ours for a three day trip. I did wish the outdoor set up was a little nicer.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Bed bugs beware!!"
We enjoyed the location and everything the hotel had to offer. We however were not happy with the condition of the hotel. My wife was bitten by bed bugs that we had in our room. For the price we paid we expected more from the hotel. Would not recommend it.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"Close to beach"
Pricey for cleanliness and amenities included. On line pictures are deceiving. Pools are small and playground area is much smaller than expected.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
"Loved the set up out side!"
Room was never cleaned during 3 night stay. We would leave by 9:00 each day and each time we returned at 4:00 our room had still not been cleaned. At that point we would just ask for toilet paper and fresh towels.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
"Horrible front desk manager"
Front desk manager told me my reservation had been cancelled and they didn't have a room for me. I was told they were completely booked and I would have to stay somewhere else. He was very rude. He seemed to have over looked my reservation because suddenly my room was available. No apology or anything.
3 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Suzanne
"Fun family vaca for 6"
Great hotel for families! Plenty of activities for the kids. Our room was cleaned daily and plenty of towels where provided upon request. Staff were friendly and helpful. The Atrium/lobby were very busy and a lot traffic to and from beach. Our room was beachfront so we did not have to wait to long for the elevator. But the hotel's main elevators were way to few and had guests always waiting. This hotel is a beachfront hotel so expect plenty of sand in and around the pools! We stayed for a week and had plenty to do. Our young kids absolutely loved it.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Ho hum"
Bathroom was tiny and not the cleanest I've seen. Beds were hard; bottom of box spring broke while my husband and I were sitting-needed help getting up The indoor pool was nice. Loved the ice skating show.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Patty
"Great hotel...eat out for breakfast though!!!"
The hotel was great, and the staff was very friendly. My kids loved the ice skating and the show. The only issue we had was the buffet breakfast. The food was very simple as in you could tell the eggs were powdered eggs and they had no taste, and the french toast didn't have much flavor either. I wouldn't complain about the breakfast if it were a part of your stay, but you have to pay for it.
4 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Chauncey
Its an amazing hotel. However, everything is old and they need to te refurnish their rooms it with new furniture. Moreover, the internet speed was so slow.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Anonymous
"Location being on the beach was a plus."
Place was ok but expected better rooms for what was spent per night to stay.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
We had a great time. The hotel had a lot to do. The beach, pools, ice skating, game room, jacuzzi, weight room,bounce house, ship playground. The snack shop was great. The lounge very clean and the bartender was wonderful. The restaurant breakfast buffet was good. Gift shop was OK. Outdoor cafe was a little expensive but the food was very good. The only real complaint I have is the lobby, elevators and hallways were very hot. We would stay here again.
Sandra
"Nice Family Oriented Hotel"
Large hotel with condos adjacent to nice beach. Location is very far from Ocean City boardwalk but hotel offers many activities and facilities on-site for younger children. The ice show on property's indoor skating rink was a very pleasant surprise.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"Disappointing for the amount of money we paid."
Hotel seems to be fairly old with non, or badly functioning items in rooms. We moved to a second room which had better functioning equipment. However, there was mold all around the refrigerator.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"Ice Ring and a bit of Noise"
Our family really enjoyed our stay at the Carousel. We found the ice ring to be an incongruous but incredibly refreshing attention to the normal beach fun activities - even though none of us are great shakes in the ice skating department it was a blast. (And a cheap blast at that.) The 2 free beach chairs per room were great. We enjoyed the ice show which we could view from our Atrium view balcony. The hotel isn't close to the boardwalk but we knew that going in and on all but one night found $1 per hour parking right off of the boardwalk. The hotel staff was on all but one occasion very responsive to our requests and we received what felt like a sincere apology the one (minor) time they dropped the ball. The lobby smelled a bit funky when we first arrived (I think it may have been the blue liquid they give their plants - not sure) and my husband was woken up the first two nights because of late night noise in the Atrium. However, once he finally called the front desk we had no further problems with noise so I recommend reaching out if you are in a similar situation. I liked it so much a friend of mine will be staying there later this month.
4 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Lynda
Enjoyed the ice show. The hotel is old and it really shows in the indoor pool area and locker rooms - they need to be redone. Had a problem getting the rooms we ordered through hotel.com but they ended up giving us a refund due to the fact we did not get what we had reservations for but it all worked out in the end. It was good that I was able to show just what I ordered and what I got. My family had a great time and the beach was wonderful.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Frances R.
"Too bad"
I was really happy with what the hotel offered but was extremely disappointed in the room. I will not be staying there again even with all they offer. The room was dirty and the hotel was not updated at all. The elevators were disgusting.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Deborah
"Hotel maintains easy access to the beach."
complementary chairs a nice bonus, the rooms were large and included a microwave and fridge. Ample parking available as well as ample loading and unloading areas. The rooms were equipped with strong AC units, but the community spaces of the hotel were uncomfortably warm. Access to dining and activities a bonus with this hotel, but the road noise was noticeable from the rooms facing the back bay of OC. Overall the experience was average for the high season in OC.
ocean city fan
"Family oriented hotel on beach"
Hotel hallways show age and use, and housekeeping needs improvement. Won't stay there again.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"Dated with rude front desk staff"
The rooms are dated. The front desk is insanely rude. Food was awful. On the beach which is awesome. Ice skating rink was cool and they had a great show. Would stay elsewhere next time.
3 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Very nice, we love everything about this hotel. We specially enjoyed a lot the inside pool
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
-- The hotel is a little out dated and could use some remodeling. Our toilet bubbled and filled with soap suds as if it was going to overflow every time we washed our hands in the sink and often times on its own. We called the front desk and a maintenance guy came but didn't do anything. The toilet continued to bubble our entire stay. -- We left our room early in the morning for the beach and pool every morning and unfortunately when we returned around 1 or 2 our room was still not cleaned and we had to wait in the Atrium until house keeping was done. -- The pools are very small and were very crowded. One morning when going out to watch the sunrise on the beach, there was trash all over the beach and a garbage can that desperately needed to be emptied. Upon our return to the beach about an hour / hour and a half, the trash was still on the beach. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. -- My 6 year old daughter and 18 year old niece could not enjoy ice skating as the room where the ice skates were housed smelled so badly, you could barely stand to be in the room. The ice skates that were provided to us smelled terrible, we couldn't bare putting them on our feet. There is no refund so we pretty much wasted our money. ANOTHER DISAPPOINTMENT -- The most positive thing I can say about this hotel is the staff there is super friendly.
Nakeisha
The bellman on our arrival was very helpful getting us to the room and he was there when we checked out and he was just as helpful. Room was very clean. The pillows were horrible and lumpy! Plenty for kids to do. Outdoor bar and grill was nice, a bit pricey but the drinks were good. We enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
PA travelers
"Noise levels"
Band was way too loud, and the music from the ice rink started to early and too loud. Lobby over crowded at check in/out.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"A bit run down but we had a nice time."
We had a very good time. Our rooms doors did not close right and there was pealing paint on doors and pealing wallpaper. The staff was pleasant and the outside bar was nice. Very easy beach access. A bit loins with kids running up and down the halls.
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"great stay off the boardwalk"
Great stay. staff was very pleasant and always accommodating. rooms were clean. plenty of pool towels and beach chairs. plenty of parking. Near lots of good restaurants and activities.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"A+++"
Awesome place to be on vacation, on the beach
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2015