All hotels in Ocean City, Maryland, United States of America

Uncomfortable
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"7"
The stay was great.. nice weekend and friendly people. The room wasn't cleaned enough.... but everything else was good
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Viveca
"Wonderful Time"
I had very wonderful time. The hotel resort staff was very accommodating.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2015
Sherri
"It worked, but I think we can find better"
Pros: Spacious room, ice skating rink on site, short walk to beach, balcony overlooking atrium was nice Cons: Unclean facilities, many items in hotel in need of update/repair, smells in elevators during entire trip, ice rink not well kept and is quite dangerous, outdoor pool is small for number of rooms, areas off beach path are dirty and strewn with garbage, hotel dining facilities are expensive and food is not good, a constant loop of the same 15-20 songs played in atrium for 5 days straight from 10am-10pm. Would we stay there again? Maybe, but probably not. There are plenty of other resorts in the area for comparable prices (or less) with better facilities and nicer staff. Only if we found a really good sale or deal would we choose the Carousel again.
4 night family trip Aug 31, 2015
"Last weekend in August"
Enjoyable.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Sandra
Perfect place to take your kids..
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
Omildred
"Fun and Relaxation"
enjoyed it. there were so many activitiws for the entire family.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2015
"It is What it is"
I booked (and paid in full for) 3 rooms. When my family and I arrived, the hotel had us on 2 different floors. When I said that I booked the 3 rooms together and that I wanted the rooms at least on the same floor, I was met with slight attitude. I was told that since I didn't "specifically note that the 3 rooms should be together", they wouldn't have known to put us together. However, they were able to quickly move us all to the same floor. The cleaning staff, on the other hand, were as pleasant and accommodating as the day is long! The lobster dinner restaurant was at least 30 min waiting while all those around us (who came AFTER us) were being served their meals and no one had even taken our drink order. My hubby finally nabbed a passing waitress and asked if they could please find someone to take our order. Another 10 minutes went by and finally the girl showed up and apologized for not getting to us sooner. Apparently she was never told she had a table to serve. One of our rooms had a blocked tub drain. After my son-in-law twice requested it be fixed to no avail, my husband went to the front desk for the 3rd and last time. He asked for the manager, explained the problem and told the mgr. that it was real simple. Either the drain gets fixed or we don't pay for the room. Within 20 minutes, the problem was solved. All in all, the place is family oriented and clean. For me though, it was just - okay.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
Mollietta
"Perfect Family resort"
Great place for a family. We enjoyed the convenience of all the amenities offered. Makes vacationing with the family fun and easy.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2015
Douglas
"Not all what they make it out to be"
I think I seen this as a 3 star? It is not a 3 star, at least my room and floor. The hotel has not been kept up very good. The stay is expensive I guess because of supply and demand but it was no better then the cheapo ones I have stayed in. They should put money into updates and upgrades. Seem they just want the money to keep coming in. The area is really nice, the outside bar is convenient, restaurant is okay for breakfast, bedding seemed to be clean.
2 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
Ronald
"Perfect family place in OC."
Perfect family getaway. We were concerned about it having read many of the other reviews, but we found the place to be a perfect family getaway. Employees from front desk to servers were all pleasant & helpful. Room was cool, clean & comfortable. Sure, it's an older hotel, but it's in great condition considering it's age, the location is perfect and the amenities geared towards family fun are amazing. We'd go back again...and probably will!
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Keith
"Fun and friendly place to stay"
loved that we were right on the beach and live music at the beach bar for a few hours was such fun too. We didn't use ice skating rink, but it was cool to watch those that did. not too far from anything we wanted to drive and see. Our balcony overlooked the water was added bliss. We would return.
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
Conchita
it was surprisingly nice. Everything was right there. surrounding areas were very nice also.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2015
kwame
"Loved our stay at the Carousel!"
Had a wonderful 4 days with my grandsons! Right on the ocean; a pool; lovely, spacious common area with many,well spaced tables and chairs offering food and drink; we went ice skating for $6 with no time limit and plenty of covered parking so your car is out of the sun. We've been going to OC for over 50 years. Lately staying in a penthouse in the Capri, the Plaza etc. will be going back to the Carousel.
3 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Frances
"Noisy and too cold. I had to change room for extra"
Noisy and cold. Broken termostat. Didn't sleep well first night. I had to change room for $40 extra. No courtesy for guest comfort. Rooms were clean. Pools were dirty. Basic and outdated.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
matt
"2 Night stay with family"
This was my 3rd trip and will be my last trip to Carousel! I booked a ocenfront room paying an extremely high rate per night for me and my family. Our room was the typical old and dated, however, the beds were old and dated. On the second night while I was sitting on the edge of one of the beds, the next thing I heard was a loud cracking sound and I was falling to the floor! It turned out that the box spring broke as well as the frame. I called front desk immediately and they sent someone who replaced the box spring. I pointed out to the maintenance that the other bed also is on its final leg as well since the boards of the box spring were broken and sticking out; but he responded that it will be taken care of. The bathroom was gross! Mold was evident everywhere. Overall, I was miserable the entire time and I will not be going back to Carousel, they need to do better!
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Great location being that it was right on the beach. The room itself seemed a bit run down and needs to be refreshed.
2 night family trip Aug 26, 2015
Philip
"Family Vacation"
Definetly not a five star hotel but not far from it with a update on the out dated stuff. Staff was friendly room was clean so much to do my kids loved ice skating I could watch them from the balcony off my room and its right on the beach 20 mins away from the boardwalk great location. I would definitely stay again. Mrs.Blanton
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
"Would definitally ride this carousel again."
The nightly ice show was something worth seeing. We got a room with atrium view, so my grandma could go sit out on the balcony to watch it every night. She can't get around much and appreciated the air conditioned view to relax on. If you plan on skating yourself though, bring your own skates. The laces of the rental skates don't tighten enough to stay tight the whole skating circuit. My ankles were killing me. My son loved camp carousel on Tuesday and Thursday nights, and I really enjoyed that three hour window to do something fun with my sister. Like their in house sauna and hot tub. And the hotel opens up onto the beach, so it was super easy to get out there every day. Only other complaints: The seasons restraunt was overpriced (as are most hotel restraunts) and offered limited menu choices. But there was an awesome baked Brie on it. And the hotel elevators were very crowded. Use the glass elevator if you get a room on the first four floors. It's faster because no one remembers it.
5 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
E T
All was well
4 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Kenneth
My stay was great but the room shown on the website was totally different from what I was looking forward to.....had a great weekend in Ocean City, but the next time I visit, I'll be staying somewhere else.
2 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
Kimberly
"more like a motel than resort"
Out dated hotel! No air conditioning in the hallways. Bath tub had mold. Extremely small pool. More like a motel than a resort. Lazy/rude staff. Restaurant food was disgusting. This is not a $200 plus a night resort, more like a $50 a night motel
3 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
Carl
"Always wanted to stay at Carousel..."
Since I was a kid, hundreds of years ago :) I've wanted to stay at the Carousel. She's an old hotel with an ice rink. I'm sure she's seen better days, but overall, I would definitely go again. The hotel is dated (as expected) but was clean and you just can't beat the location right on the beach. The outside pool/bar/food area was very crowded, but everyone seemed pretty happy to be there.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Some better cleaning please"
The maid service was very inconsistent. Didn't get new coffee packets till day 5 of my stay. If you slept in and missed prime time cleaning, then you just got your bed made and main surfaces cleaned. Not even clean mugs. Sand in your bed no fun. It is a very family friendly hotel, so if you have lots of kids that is great. There was even a skating rink that played loud music till 10pm. Food was good but overpriced.
7 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Fun in Sun"
the checking part was the most problematic.
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Nice hotel but starting to show it's age. The bathroom counter top was coming apart, bathroom ceiling titles are showing rust, bathroom floor tile grout was turning black and nonsmoking room smelled like smoke.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
"Great hotel for family."
I loved the fact that this place has plenty of activities on site to give you plenty of options without needing to get in your car.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
Tonya
"Great Place For Family Vacation"
Decent place. North O.C. so away from the boardwalk which I liked. The kids loved the ice rink. Hotel could use some updating, but the room was clean so that's more important to me. Outdoor pool was very small for the hotel. Nice outside bar area. Walk right onto the beach from the hotel. Would definitely stay there again.
2 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Andrea
"Wanna still be there!"
The amenities were exactly what we saw online. The rooms were roomy and kept spotless. The staff are extremely pleasant and on point. Our children were elated by the ice rink/nightly show and of course the arcade. The access to the beach was convenient. The privacy of being a short distance from the boardwalk was refreshing. This resort is 100% family orientated. My only peeve would be the slow service in the restaurant however the prices they advertise and the quality of the food make up for the slow service. The prime rib special and breakfast brunch was awesome and priced reasonably. The kids would love to come back and so would we.
4 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Diana
"This hotel has seen better days."
My first impression was of the front desk clerk. He sounded like he was lecturing me when he explained the house rules. I was not impressed. The hotel is obviously in a state of decline and was disappointing for the amount of money it cost to stay there.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Dennis
"family friendly"
Mattresses were very hard and uncomfortable. Very family oriented. If you don't have little kids then I would suggest another place. Movie night was great and so was the free skate show. Food was actually very good at the outdoor cafe. Don't expect any refunds for any reason even if its their fault ie did not clean our room. Front desk refused to refund the extra person charge even when the extra person did not come with us.
4 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
"Great Hotel Location, Friendly Staff"
Hotel was nice, average beach hotel, great location, loved the ice skating rink inside and the bar/restaurant outside. Rooms could have been cleaned a little better, found previous guests clothes balled up behind sofa and empty water bottles, maid service just needs to pay a little more attention! Staff very friendly and helpful! Really liked the convenience of location and amenities offered inside hotel.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Raymond
"Close too beach. It's an average beach hotel."
We booked a non ocean view balcony so I assumed it was on the side or front of hotel. I was fine with that as long as it was a balcony outside. What we got is a balcony inside overlooking the very loud atrium. It was non stop noise all night. Our room was so cold and you cannot control air temp. The unit is either on at full blast or hot with no air circulation and without an outside balcony, no relief. it is worth the upgrade to stay at a nicer hotel.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
sandy
"Kid Friendly Decent Hotel."
Compared to other reviews on this hotel I don't think it was as bad as people are making it seem, however I literally only used the hotel to sleep at night. I didn't use any of the amenities they had to offer because I wanted to enjoy other parts of Ocean City. Also it is no where near the board walk quick FYI. Check in was fine, they were friendly. However hotel staff in general I think could've been a bit better with customer service. No hi or bye or smiling faces in passing in the hallways. In addition it wasn't common courtesy for them to let the hotel guest go first. They made you wait until they did what they had to do and then you could continue. What is true throughout the reviews is the poor elevator system. The worst I've ever seen. An arguing match on who was getting on first actually erupted as I waited for the elevator. For it to be a kid populated hotel it's not the best situation with the elevators. Luckily my room was on the second floor so I was able to use the stairs the rest of my stay. Overall I would stay here again although it wouldn't be my first choice.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"Great Time, Great Property!"
This was a great hotel, and we got a great rate for mid-August-$202/night but if I had paid more, I may not have rated so high only because of the look of the room. We had so much fun at the property, the hot tub was great, the indoor pool is even warm! There's an outdoor pool, a bit small for the # of guests, but a nice option. The only tiny issue was the room being outdated, but just cosmetically. It was very comfortable and had everything we needed, but the table and chairs were just plain old and ugly and furniture was dated. Otherwise,great. We had a balcony overlooking Coastal Highway, watched the sunset on the bay each night. Our son is 8, and he loved the hotel so much. It's right on the beach, and indoor snack bar has the best ice-cream! We didn't get to ice skate, but def will be back to try. Over all, we loved it, the staff was super friendly, and accommodating. Especially the lady at the cart checkout! She had short blonde hair, nice helpful & always smiling, and she didn't seem to hate her job(which is great compared to a lot of hotel staff I've encountered). They are lucky to have her she's a great customer service asset! The desk girls were nice, the housekeeping staff were more than happy to help, and even better, to leave us alone! There's lots of shopping nearby, and we just had a great stay!
3 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Rachel
Picture above the bed fell off the wall and struck me in the back of my head while sleeping!!
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
"Great Location, Nice Amenities, Big Noise Problem"
The hotel is in a nice location and has great access to the beach. The amenities in the hotel are pretty good with adequate parking, the ice rink, indoor and outdoor pool and the deck area with food and bar service. However, the quality of the rooms leave a lot to be desired.....the hotel is fairly old and this appears to affect the noise levels in the rooms. I have never been in a hotel with so much external noise - you can clearly hear conversations in other rooms and this is very frustrating when you are trying to sleep at night or in the morning. Footsteps are also very loud....and maybe the worst thing is the doors slamming constantly. This is a great hotel if noise doesn't bother you, but I know I cannot stay here in the future as I got very little sleep over the several days that we were there.
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"Smelly and completely run down hotel...."
This hotel just smells aweful as you walk through the halls and into your room. Basically like old dirty carpets that don't get cleaned and haven't been replaced for way too long. Also the beds are uncomfortable with inconsistent pillows (no 2 the same). The out door grill and bar were ok as was the breakfast buffet, but o would say those are definitely the highlights of the hotel. I would not return or recommend the hotel to anyone.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Best Ocean City Vacation Ever!"
What a wonderful time! We spent 7 days with our daughter, son in law and 3 grandchildren. So much for the kids to do! Spotlessly clean. Everyone wad more than courteous! Definitely planning to come back!
6 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Valerie
"Bad Room in O.C."
We have been vacationing in O.C. MD for several years and this was the first time we stayed at the Carousel. Unfortunately this will be our last. We were very unhappy with the room. The furniture and the counter-tops were delaminating and are showing their age. The toilet seat was loose which created and adventure...The A/C worked but the unit was old technology and sounded like a jet engine! The view was terrible and the deck was just a railing that ran out onto the roof. We wouldn't let the kids out there. We felt misled with the listing and the pictures. For the price we paid per night, we expected more. Not going back!
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
"Do not listen to the negative reviews!!"
Family stay with two older children was great.Before our stay I was a little put off by reading all the negative reviews and was anticipating a not so enjoyable stay. I was pleasantly impressed. Not only was the staff friendly and welcoming, our ocean front room was clean and well serviced. The view was amazing and we enjoyed the sounds of the ocean while we slept. The food and service at both the outdoor grill and restaurant was good and reasonably priced. All pools were clean and well maintained. The ice skating rink was a nice added feature of the hotel and the show was enjoyable
5 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"Loud air conditioner and noises inside the hotel."
Called main desk about the loud environment and nothing at all was done about it. Never will return to that hotel again for that price!!!
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
"Tired and outdated"
Expensive and really in need of a facelift. Wouldn't stay there again -- crowded beach, noisy room, not nice.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
"Not worth it"
Poor unfriendly service. Expensive. Outdated
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
"Beware"
Older hotel with lack of maintenance. We had to use restroom in lobby our first two nights there. Toilet did not work or flush. and air conditioner did not work in room. Hotel offered us fans. Did put new air conditioner on our 3rd night. I do not recommend this outdated hotel. Hotel refused to give us any compensation for our horrible stay.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
"Nicest hotel on the beach"
We really enjoyed our stay. We were pleased with the clean and comfortable room and its convenient location to the beach are real wonderful assets along with the complimentary beach chairs. The Ice Show was very enjoyable. We hope to visit again real soon.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Convenient hotel for families"
Our stay was certainly not a bad one at all. I had read the reviews and knew what the hotel offered and that it was a family oriented location. What I had not expected was the constant noise that we heard our entire trip. We were placed near the housekeeping rooms and there was constant foot traffic and I could hear entire conversations like they were in the room. Obviously this was due to the room location so I cannot speak for the rest of the rooms. The complementary beach chairs were a huge plus for us since we didn't feel the need to bring ours for a three day trip. I did wish the outdoor set up was a little nicer.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Bed bugs beware!!"
We enjoyed the location and everything the hotel had to offer. We however were not happy with the condition of the hotel. My wife was bitten by bed bugs that we had in our room. For the price we paid we expected more from the hotel. Would not recommend it.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"Close to beach"
Pricey for cleanliness and amenities included. On line pictures are deceiving. Pools are small and playground area is much smaller than expected.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
"Loved the set up out side!"
Room was never cleaned during 3 night stay. We would leave by 9:00 each day and each time we returned at 4:00 our room had still not been cleaned. At that point we would just ask for toilet paper and fresh towels.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
"Horrible front desk manager"
Front desk manager told me my reservation had been cancelled and they didn't have a room for me. I was told they were completely booked and I would have to stay somewhere else. He was very rude. He seemed to have over looked my reservation because suddenly my room was available. No apology or anything.
3 night family trip Aug 5, 2015