All hotels in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States of America
7100 N. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC, 29572-3646, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Closer view of the ocean, and a quaint place."
Was good.
1 night trip with friends Oct 28, 2015
"Comfortable room and nice amenities"
Overall, I was really pleased with the condition and comfort of the room. The resort has some great amenities including outdoor game spaces, indoor and outdoor pools, bar & restaurant, fitness room, outdoor splashpad for kids, etc. The facilities were all very nice. However, there were a few things I was disappointed in. There is no smoking in the rooms, which is great, however, guests are requested to only smoke on the balconies. That meant, as a non-smoker, there was a smoker's outpost on our balcony, and every time we wanted to go and sit on the balcony, all of the smokers in rooms around us made it miserably smoky to be outside. Also, the only parking except for 15 minute check-in parking is across the street. It's a pretty busy road, so crossing anytime you need to go to the car is annoying. Lastly, I don't feel as though there are nearly enough elevators for the amount of people that stay there. We went at a fairly quiet time with far fewer than usual guests and it was still difficult to get an elevator without waiting a while or having to wait in line for a few loads to go ahead of us. It was a really good place to stay in the off-season, but I think it would be too difficult/frustrating to stay at during the peak part of the season.
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
"Amazing Stay!"
One of the best stays I've ever had in Myrtle Beach! Amazing room, with amazing views, all for an equally amazing price! Will definitely stay again!
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
Porsche
"Good for family vacation"
Staff was friendly. Nice add ons for a family vacation. Great view. Stayed during off season.
4 night business trip Oct 25, 2015
Great place to stay!
3 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
"Very nice place to stay."
our 3 bedroom condo was very nice with a nice kitchen and all we needed. The maid service came by everyday and cleaned and got us clean towels. The breakfast buffet was great. Would stay here again.
3 night family trip Oct 22, 2015
Rodney
"They need to send me my money!!!"
I asked to stay on a high floor but I received the 3rd floor. I payed for my room online. When I got there to check in I also had to pay $100.00 that I did not get back when I checked out. The hotel worker told me that it would be mailed to me in 2 to 3 days. I will not be returning to the ocean reef. They need to send me my money!!!
2 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
Kendrick
"Friendly and ideal Vacation Home"
The Ocean Reef Resort offers comfortable, clean rooms and other facilities, courteous services, ideal and spacious environments, fun filled activities for family members of all ages and is situated close to North or South Myrtle Beach shopping areas, eateries and entertainment events... We plan to make O R Resort our home away from home for our up-coming family gathering during Christmas.
4 night family trip Oct 21, 2015
All was great!
4 night family trip Oct 19, 2015
Travis
"Good times..."
This is the 3rd time we have taken a trip to MB and this was by far my favorite hotel compared to the others. The pools were nice, clean, and warm! My kids had a great time! We had an ocean facing room with a beautiful view. We enjoyed being in this area of the beach where it was more low key.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
"Good time"
Had a good time, nice beach to walk
2 night romance trip Oct 21, 2015
Manfred
"Annual vacation"
Second year in a row at Ocean Reef. Great staff and location.
6 night romance trip Oct 11, 2015
"Good location and good deal."
The weather did not cooperate but the hotel was good. The only minor issue was the set-up of the hallways. The doors of the rooms open into an exterior hallway - which was odd, and cold during our stay.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
Amber
"Great stay, convenient location, spactacular view!"
This is a terrific place to stay, situated conveniently between Broadway and the North Myrtle area. The amenities are very nice, and the views are spectacular. We were on the tenth floor. There were only a couple negatives... When you check in, they place a $100 hold on your credit or debit card. They release the hold when you check out, but it can take as long as 5 to 7 days for your banking institution to get those funds back into your account. They should tell you this when you check in. Also, we approached the "concierge" to try and buy tickets for a local show, but all they want to do is offer you free tickets to listen to their time share info. I didn't want to listen to any presentations; I just wanted to buy tickets to the show. We had to go buy them at the box office. The parking spaces are very small. But truly, this is a very nice place and we felt this was a terrific value!
2 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Rodney
"Perfect for families or even singles"
We thoroughly enjoyed our short time there. We will definitely be coming back when we have more time to spend. The welcome desk staff were very helpful and kind. I loved the stretch of beach we were on and parking was ample. Overall a VERY enjoyable time.
2 night family trip Oct 14, 2015
Charles L
"We enjoyed our stay oter than that..Thanks"
Thanks it was well except for one receptionist with red hair an the Breakfast chief that makes the omelets Both were very Rude...??
3 night romance trip Oct 12, 2015
Samuel
"Could have been better"
Room was okay. One Coffee and end table legs were falling off. Called and maintenance came promptly and removed item for repair but left us with no coffee table for 24 hours. Lighting over dining table was dim (burned out bulbs). When we asked for replacement non-dimmable bulbs were put in so light couldn't be dimmed. Had two visitors (the bug kind) over the four day stay. When we reported the events the desk attendant was nonplused. The stay was quiet and relaxing so the small stuff didn't cost much on the ratings.
4 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2015
robert
"LOVE the Ocean Reef!"
We have stayed at the Ocean Reef several times but this is the first time with warm weather. The pools are awesome, the pool bar is great, the breakfast buffet is a great deal and the wait staff are amazingly friendly. Great value!
2 night family trip Oct 7, 2015
Derek
"quick get away"
quick get away to the beach. nothing fancy at all. extremely high priced bc of season
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Michael V.
"To the best on the Grand Strand!"
The purpose of my trip was to shop for a beach condo to buy. My goal to rent the condo and to vacation. I chose Ocean Reef as it was close to my real estate agents office and had amenities for relaxing. My trip coincided with the worst storm to hit MB in 13 years! Anyone can do a good job in perfect conditions, but the Ocean Reef staff were tested to the max, under less than idyllic conditions, due to the storm damage to the resort. They were excellent! Truly, many staff members worked very long hours, but yet they excelled on every level. I was exhausted due to my condo search and all the stress of making a big decision. This resort was the perfect setting for all my stress relief. In fact, I fell in love with the resort and ended up buying a gorgeous 3 bedroom condo there! I was torn between Ocean Reef and another resort, but due to the excellent service, room, and all the above, I couldn't buy anywhere else, because I was in love with Ocean Reef and all it's staff! Special thanks to: Reese-I adore you, Megan-You are the best! Shiny-I just love you, Paul-sweetie you are so dear, and Lindsey-not only
6 night business trip Sep 30, 2015
CHRISTINA
"VACATION FROM HELL !!!!"
Was checked into a room w/no lights or water.Was told only temporary. Left for 2 hour dinner only to return to same situation. Went to bed only to be waken up 3 hours later to be evacuated from hotel by fire department. I am upset because the hotel sent us to sister hotel right next which should have happened in the beginning.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
"The pools good but could not use due to rain"
Check in staff was slow and unhelpful. Had to move from room because of water maid break. Staff did not seem to know how to handle the situation efficiently. Restaurant was closed for the season. Food in the bar was just o.k. Was not informed about choice of $100 refundable security deposit for any damage guest might cause. Was charged $35 non refundable. I am handicapped and was assigned the last room at end of the hall even though I requested a room near the elevator. Some members of our family reunion group were offered compensation for the inconvenience of changing rooms. I was offered nothing. I am not blaming the hotel for bad weather, but the staff was unhelpful.
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
Just a one night stay for my husband's birthday. Had a great time and beautiful ocean front room view. Only down point was some updating and painting needed but didn't effect function of anything. Major plus to me was the hotel having the ocean front from the hotel to ocean lite up like daylight. It was great to walk on the beach at 11pm and see what's around. Great idea!
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
Tino
no complaints everything was as it should be
2 night romance trip Sep 22, 2015
Awesome
1 night family trip Sep 29, 2015
Virginia
"Room was bad but everything else was ok"
Door frame in bathroom was rusted. Bathroom smelled moldy. My room #411. Outside pool was fun and heated. Wish my room didn't smell old and rusted
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
Hoa
Loved hotel but check in takes too long! Rooms are not ready at check in time of 3pm!
4 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
Pam
"DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY"
I was disappointed with my stay at Ocean Reef Resort. The people at the front desk was really rude it took a really long time for me to get checked in. Then when I get to my room the smell wasn't pleasant it smelled really old, one of the lights in the room didn't work and when I went to check out my bathropm it appears to look like a feces stain on the toilet seat. Then when I called the front desk the girl got an attitude with me as if it was my fault. Then it tookeeps housekeeper and maintenance over 30mins to come fix my problem. Then later on that night I seen a bug crawling on the wall. I was so disgusted I didn't even sleep in between the sheets I went to Walmart I bought me a pillow, cover and lysol and sprayed the bed down and slept on top of their sheets that they had on the bed. Then on the outside of the rooms it looks really old and dirty you would think how much they charge for a room the hotel would look a little nicer, but that is so not the case. I wouldn't suggest anyone to stay at this hotel don't waste your money.
2 night trip Sep 25, 2015
"Very nice getaway."
The only issue I had with the room is the temperature was difficult to regulate. It was either too hot or too cold. Small price to pay for the great room with the ocean right outside the window. They also have a very nice breakfast buffet every morning. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.
3 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
Gordon
Here for baseball tournament. Checked in at 257 pm. Was not told room was not ready until after clerk checked me in. Literally walked out frontdoor of hotel and they call me 2 mins later that it's ready. Then had to stand back in the regular check in line to just get keys for room which took 20 mins bec there were down 2 clerks from wheni was originally there a couple min before that. There were 13 families staying there from our team. Not sure i will come back.
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
"A Day in Mrytle Beech"
We stayed just one night and it was great. The view was great and room comfortable and quiet.
1 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
"Not worth the Money"
The room was not worth the money. It was ocean front but the balcony was made of cement, you could not see through it. The room was a basic hotel room with two beds and an outdated bathroom.
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Angie
"Okay for what you pay..."
This hotel is very dated. It has not been upgraded in quite some time. The decor is very old (like back in the late 80's or 90's old). However, it was clean enough, was directly on the beach, and had great workers! Trying to go up and down the elevator was hassle! Be prepared to wait to get on and off the elevator because they moved extremely slow.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
Courtney
"4 hot tubs and many children water activties"
4 hot tubs and multiple pools - especially ideal for children
5 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
Ronald
"september vacation"
our room needs a complete overhaul.outdated bathroom,getting into shower is dangerous. location is terrific staff very friendly and accomidating.
7 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015
carol
"Great hotel, great location!"
Love this hotel! Have stayed here multiple times and in multiple rooms. A one bedroom ocean front most recently for 3 days while honeymooning and a three bedroom angle ocean view last October with another couple. Both were great! Clean, parking garage is easy to access, pools and hot tubs are very nice. In a great location as well. Will be staying here again next time!
3 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
Ashley
Enjoyed our stay overall. Room had been updated, and was very pretty and clean. Had an ocean front room with a gorgeous view of the ocean. Only drawbacks were the elevators were slow and the check in agent was unfriendly. They were not that busy, but she was short with us. On the other hand, check out agent was very friendly. Delicious breakfast in the restaurant and pools and hot tub were clean and refreshing. Would stay there again.
2 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
Lots of things to do. Staff very courteous. My family will be returning.
2 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
Pam
"Over the top"
Best value ever. Very surprised by how nice this place was and to be upgraded on top of that. We enjoyed a two bedroom condo with full kitchen and laundry. We will definitely recommend Ocean Reef
1 night romance trip Sep 22, 2015
Waid
"excellent!!"
My husband and I enjoyed so much at this hotel. It was great.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
"I will never ,never use Expedia again as long as I"
Ocean Reef Resort states that because I went though a third party Expedia has to give me a refund for the second day in which my son in North Carolina was put in the Emergency Room in Goldsboro, North Carolina and we never stayed the second paid night. We left headed back to North Carolina about 8:30 a.m. on Monday the 14th of September due to our family emergency. Ocean Reef resort states it is Expedia that has to refund us for that last day and Expedia states that Ocean Reef want give back a refund. Apparently both parties aren't telling the truth. All that I wanted was a refund for the last night that we didn't stay. But apparently that want happen. I will tell all my friends and family my bad experience. Also I will put my experience on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks For Nothing. Jimmy Earp
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
Recommended highly It was awesome Would stay again in a minute
2 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
timothy
"Nice hotel with many amenities."
We rented an ocean front efficiency. The room was spacious with a fantastic view from the balcony. All appliances worked. We appreciated the full size coffee pot. The carpet could have been cleaner but over all the room was clean. We enjoyed the beach at night because The Ocean Reef had roof top lights illuminating their portion of the beach. There was an outdoor and an indoor pool with a lazy river and 3 hot tubs. Because we booked through Expedia, we did not receive free breakfast. However we gladly paid for breakfast there 3 days as it was very good. The bar is the only restaurant for lunch and dinner and offers a very limited "Pub" menu. We were quite pleased with our 5 night stay.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
Greg
"Beach Getaway"
The room was comfortable and very quiet. The view was awesome! We really enjoyed being able to walk to some very good restaurants. We plan on returning to Ocean Reef Resort for our next beach trip.
4 night romance trip Sep 14, 2015
Rosemarie
"Excellent Hotel"
We stayed September 13-19. It was the best time of the year to go to the beach! Beach and restaurants weren't crowded! We have stayed at many hotels in myrtle and this hotel by far was the cleanest and most friendly!! We definitely would stay here again!
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
missy
"You won't go wrong staying at Ocean Reef"
Everything from check-in to check out was easy. Very nice and helpful staff. Very clean rooms and walking distance to nice restaurants and shops. Would definitely stay here again.
3 night romance trip Sep 14, 2015
"For the location & price it is perfect"
The resort is close to everything you could want to do at the beach, but far from the Boardwalk which was nice & quiet. The hotel bar was a great addition, but the pool area was not as grand as their website seemed to imply. The room was fairly clean, except one pillowcase it looked like someone had stepped on, we left it out though and it was taken care of when housekeeping came in the next time. The room smelled a bit musty the entire time, unless we left the balcony door open. However, it was nothing we couldn't live with. The room was standard but had more amenities than I expected, like a large fridge and counter top area. The beds were slightly uncomfortable but nothing we couldn't live with. For the price & location it was perfect.
4 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
"Visiting from Hawaii."
.. This place in August when school starts is really really a great value and I enjoyed my stay.. The level of cleanliness and the professionalism of the staff was top notch.. Mahalo
1 night trip Sep 1, 2015
Quincy
"getaway with my wife"
My wife and I just wanted to get away for a couple days. Ocean Reef and Myrtle Beach were perfect. Couldn't ask for a better couple of days! Will definately be back here
2 night trip Sep 12, 2015