All hotels in Nassawadox, Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here7120 Charles M Lankford Jr Memorial Hwy, Nassawadox, VA, 23413, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.3
    2.2
    2.1
    2.8
"The worst hotel EVER!"
The worst hotel ever! We booked this hotel for 2 nights through Hotels.com. The first room we were given smelled really bad. The carpet was torn at the main door. The flooring in the bathroom was back with mole and coming up and actually rolling up from the floor at the bathtub. The handle to toilet was broken. I went back to the office and ask for another room. The manager gave me another key and met me at the room. That room smelled even worse and was even dirtier that the first. There was something all over the chair (appeared to have ice cream or something caked on the seat). I refused that room and ask for a full refund and at first he said OK but then said he had another room for me. My husband and I went to the car to discuss and call Hotel.com and we were told that the man was not going to allow them to give us a refund. So I went back and ask the manager to show me the other room and he refused and said we would not get a room or a refund. Again we called Hotels.com and explained the situation to them and we were told we would get a full refund.
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2014
Mrs. Banks
"Stay Elsewhere"
Hotel had a horrible smell that was so strong I had a bad headache after 5 min's in the room. I had them change my room, from downstairs to upstairs, the smell was still there but not as strong. Plus had some not so pleasant characters around the it.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Tony
"Stay only if nowhere else"
The desk personnel were not friendly. They would not answer the phone when I tried to call, and I tried several times. Refrige was not plugged in so was not cold for my items. Bed linen was dirty. Television had little choices. No internet service. However I stayed at an Enocolodge the next night that made this hotel seem like a Hilton.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Disappointed
"good for the money"
Got stuck and needed a place with my kids for an unexpected overnight. For the $70 it was clean enough, more than convenient and safe. Rooms could use updates and such but then you'd be paying over $100/night. Perfect for a one-nighter..
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Not the WORSE in the world"
If there is no where else to stay or you are looking for the best price and you only require somewhere to sleep - then it is doable. I have stayed in worse.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
Kenny
"Hotel experience"
My stay at Budget Inn was horrible. The curtains was stained, no complimentary toiletries, and the linen on the bed was worn out with cigarette holes and wear and tear. There wasnt any movie channels worth watching to want me to just stay in and enjoy the room, plus the smell was unpleasant. It was a waste of money and put a damper on my visit.
2 night business trip Mar 14, 2014
Leo
Mngr tried a fast one and gave me a smoking room.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013
"Musty and a little old"
The room had a moldy smell, and the AC was quite noisy, but it looked clean and the beds were big and comfortable... I also was expecting to see a couple more power outlets.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Javier
"It served it's purpose!"
Rate was great. Overall stay was gross. There was no microwave until I had to ask for it and the cord tip broke off the lamp in the room. The staff's attitude was dry and non friendly. All the other descent hotels were full. The carpet to the ice machine was badly stained and looked terrible. The wooden rail that lead up to the rooms need to be painted. Nassawadox,VA
4 night business trip Jul 19, 2013
NOT PLEASED
"Terrible staff; clean room; good bargain."
The room was clean and comfortable--OK for one night. HOWEVER--we had a problem with the lock on the door adjoining two rooms, and the staff didn't even want to fix it! We had to insist on it, since there weren't any other rooms available. They said, and I quote, "don't worry, the other people are probably asleep by now." Needless to say, we won't stay again, and can't recommend. Also, the "breakfast bar" is just some cereal, coffee, and a box of danish from the grocery store, sitting in the office.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Horrible Receptionist"
The receptionist was not at all friendly or accommodating. This place has the worst service. Only good for a place to crash overnight if you're passing by to break a long road trip.
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2013
"Cheapest place on the East Shore of Virginia"
very simple, not very clean, not much polite communication from the staff. But works for quick overnight stay
1 night trip Jun 17, 2013
"Closet to where we had to go."
The hotel was basic. It was not as clean as it could have been. I cleaned a stain off the bathroom wall. The staff was not friendly nor were they helpful. They knew very little about the surrounding area.
1 night business trip May 24, 2013
Molley

"convenient and clean"
nice management, clean room, budget price
3 night trip Jan 8, 2013

Gerade noch ausreichend.Frühstück mangelhaft.Zimmer sehr klein.Würde es nicht noch einmal buchen.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
1 night trip Jun 25, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Budget Inn Nassawadox

"Eek!"
12/05/14 Travelingfrom865 Dahlonega, Georgia
Hotel reservation services have this ranked 1- or 2-star, and I can see why. First, I knew I was in trouble when my online directions sent me into a farmland/residential area, and I ended up nine miles back on the same highway after I finally reoriented myself. Front desk personnel seemed very cold and indifferent, probably because I had booked online and I assume they didn't get their full rate. Facility was in need of an upgrade and general maintenance. There was tape around the switch plate in the bathroom [no GFCI] and also the door lock. No chain or secondary security device. I will give them credit in the fact that the room was generally clean and stocked with linens, etc. Hindsight is 20/20 ... several better choices were just down the road. Check Tripadvisor first!
"Avoid avoid avoid"
08/13/14
I stayed here with a couple family members for a weekend trip to the beach and had the worst motel experience here. I had a hard time finding the place and when I called, all I got was attitude. With no help from the owner, we found the place finally after ten min. Only two can use a two bed queen room. The rooms werent cheap either. The floor was gritty and the beds were so hard it was difficult to sleep in. The bathrooms were rusting and it turned out to be the worst experience. The "free" breakfast consisted of cheap cereal and bread and bananas. We only booked it because the nearest holiday inn was booked. But just go to the nearby holiday inn.
"" keep driving""
05/01/14 dheary Windsor Locks, Connecticut
On rte. 13N another 10 miles you have A Holiday Inn and Days Inn among others. We made the mistake of staying here after a 1000 mile ride from Florida. After talking through 2 inch glass at 1:30 in the am it was another $10 for a double bed and NO late check out time [11:00 am]. There were no other vehicles noticeable and soon on the lower level [ours] both sides were rented with children screaming and yelling. Nothing wrong there but why NOT separate the guests ?.....for the same price we could have stayed at the Days Inn----$70....and got to sleep with a late checkout ....and a friendly person behind the glass....the TV was small....the beds smelled and were hard...lessoned learned....Dan from Ct.
"If I could give this zero stars, I would"
02/07/14 acornsfall Richmond, Virginia
This has to be the most wretched place I've ever stayed. You know it's bad when the staff hands you a taped up remote control when you check in. It reeked of curry and there were roaches scampering about everywhere. There was even a handmark (bloody, maybe? I didn't do a taste or sniff test) on the wall in our room. Who knows what those 4 walls have seen. The room reeked and I was seriously terrified to get in the bed. Fortunately, we brought our own sleeping bags to sleep on top of the bed. Sketchy looking people lurked about, staring from the upstairs landing down at us when we pulled in. I thought we'd fall through the stairs as we walked up to the second floor with our bags. The continental breakfast (cereal) was offputing because of all the roaches (hundreds) on teh floor of the corridor leading into the lobby.
"Avoid if at all possible..."
08/07/13 Karen B Perry Hall, Maryland, United States
Spent last Saturday night there as a stopover after driving from Myrtle Beach to visit family on VA's lower Eastern Shore. Should have bit the bullet and driven another 3-1/2 hours home. The nearby chain hotels were booked so we took a chance on the Budget Inn. My husband and I were traveling with our teenage son and his friend, so we reserved a room with two queen beds. Checked in around 10 PM. Our room was on the end on the second (top) floor, accessed by a grimy, musty smelling interior staircase. The room was sweltering, even though it was an overcast day and had rained. When we turned the AC on, a cricket came out. There were at least three other varieties of bugs in the room, which was very poorly maintained. There was barely room to put our three suitcases on the floor. The refrigerator cube door would not close, so we could not use it. Although we had to pay extra for the two "extra" (?) people in the room, only two sets of towels were provided. The bathroom was small, but was probably the cleanest and most recently updated part of the room. We collectively decided to get up and out as early as possible. I was the one who got to sleep five inches from the AC unit, so I woke up freezing in the middle of the night. Thank goodness for the sleeping pill I scrounged up. We did not eat breakfast there, though I do recall two grim-looking cereal dispensers and a table for two in the office.
"Knew it would be bad ...still was below expectations"
08/04/13 Jimpritchett
So a friend and I booked a late hotel due to playing a golf tournament at nearby Bay Creek. This hotel is about 20 mins. north. Now I usually look for the positive but I will get to that later. The office smelled like a very dirty shower. After getting the key the beds were hard and I noticed 3 patch jobs, one of which was above the shower where it looked to be a previous leak. Now for the one good point. It appears that the management must have looked at the previous reviews and hung a scented pine fresh car freshener up in the room to kill the smell. Walls were paper thin, I could hear everything from rooms on either side and above us all night. Will stay in the car the next time if all other Eastern Shore rooms are booked
"Indifferent To Safety Issues"
08/04/13 HerrSchnee
We checked in late at night, and the location was desolate. It had rained earlier, and the wooden stairs were very slippery. The room was clean, but the passage door was misaligned to the point that we were unable to latch it, posing a serious security issue. When we went down to the front desk to request a different room, they informed us that no other rooms were available, and that they didn't see what the problem was. We insisted that they fix the problem or we would leave, so they grudgingly summoned a maintenance man, whose solution was to remove the striker plate on the passage door; a less than ideal solution. I cannot comment on the free breakfast, as we decided to clear out as soon as possible the next day. I will never return to this place.
"Caution!"
06/27/13 BCPVirginia Virginia
I reserved a room through Kayak showing up late in the evening, about 9 PM. The manager looked at me like I had two heads when I told him my name and that I had booked a room for the evening. He then went right to a slip with my information, asked me how many people, handed me a room key and remote, and pointed me in the right direction. I felt like I was imposing. My son and I checked into the room which was stifling. I required internet access which we could not log on to. My son went to the front desk where the manager proceeded to argue with him rudely. I called the front desk to inquire about the free wi-fi and how to connect. The woman who answered the phone spoke with a pronounced accent which I had difficulty understanding. The woman then raised her voice, and associated letters with words so I could understand her articulation. My hearing is exemplary. The manager(?) and two boys came to our door a few minutes later. The manager continued to raise his voice and speak rudely as the older child attempted to discern the problem. The virus program we use was blocking their unsecured network, so it was a minor problem on our end, and readily fixed (I determined the concern after a few minutes more of fiddling with the control panel). FYI - Once connected, the internet was painfully slow, similar to dial up. This in no way excuses the manner in which we were treated. I felt like a second class citizen, or an intruder, an imposition. The room was reasonably clean with the exception of a few bugs. It appears an old building and one could see light around the door so I assume the bugs came in seeking comfort. In the morning my son went to scout out the free continental breakfast. Minutes later he came back to the room and said there wasn't one. I had an appointment in the area that morning which I had to get to, so we had a late brunch, as there was no way I, or he, was going to deal with the manager if we could avoid it. Water, nuts, and granola tied us over until we could stop for real food. Running an Inn requires a service orientated approach, or in the least general human kindness. If you have thick skin, don't mind being treated like an untouchable (avarna or out castes), don't require the internet for anything important, say like a meeting in the morning that one drove 5 hours to attend, don't mind a few bugs, and have a great imagination concerning what constitutes a continental breakfast (I thought surely more than air), by all means, book.
"DO NOT STAY THERE....RUN AWAY!!!!"
01/10/13 nadya s Melbourne, Florida
Worst Hotel ever, I would call it worst than a motel. Travelocity made a mistake with the price and the reservation; once I realized everything was wrong and I looked at the place...I wanted to run away. I refused to pay them and decided I would take it up with Travelocity, and I was told that if I did not stay they would charge me the price of reserving a room. However, they charged me the price as if I would have stayed there plus an extra person and a dog. I DID NOT sign the credit card paper that they printed out and they still charged me the night as if I would of stayed. The next morning I went there, to ask for a copy of my paper work since they never gave me anything. They told me that even though I did not stay they were going to keep my money; they snatched a paper from my hand, yelled at the top of their lungs and insulted me. THE BEST PART was that I recorded them, saying they were stealing my money. I am taking it up with Travelocity and my credit card. Just want to make sure YOU don’t stay there, WORST place ever. Rooms are disgusting, the lobby stinks horrible… like all sort of spices and dirt, the people are beyond rude and look like they sleep there, they walk around barefoot and are so unprofessional. They DO NOT have continental breakfast, unless you call cereal with coffee a continental breakfast. The place is so nasty that you might just catch something from eating anything from that place. Go down the road and stay at the Best Western, so much cheaper, nicer, cleaner and friendlier.
"Horrible place to stay"
10/01/12 Monsanto T Flagstaff, Arizona
This hotel is a dump and ruined our vacation passing through The Eastern Shore Of Va...The carpet was dingy,the bed had a stain on the sheet,no clean towels,an air freshner hanging from the ceiling..There was no hair dryer and even soap..The manager we spoke to was extremely rude and nasty when confronted about our room condition..He threw a temper tantrum blabbering off some unknown language and would not refund our money..We have the Better Business Bureau looking into this matter! This dump doesnt deserve a 1 star rating and the manager named Paul had better learn how to treat his customers instead of acting like a con man!