All hotels in East St. Louis, Illinois, United States of America
200 South Front Street, East St. Louis, IL, 62201, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Room is all right
    Bad pool
"HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!"
BOOKED HOTEL ONLINE, CALLED TO SEE IF I COULD CHECK IN EARLIE, WAS TOLD MY ROOM WAS READY. CHECK IN WENT SMOOTHLY. WHEN I ASKED ABOUT THE POOL I WAS TOLD IT WAS DOWN FOR RESURFACING!!!! WHEN I APPROCHED MY ROOM THE DOOR WAS OPEN AND THE BEDS WERE AGAINST THE WALL, WENT BACK TO THE FRONT DESK AND WAS GIVEN A DIFFERENT ROOM, GOT TO THE SECOND ROOM AND THE SAME SITUATION, DOOR OPEN, BEDS AGAINST THE WALL..WENT BACK TO THE FRONT DESK AND WAS GIVEN A DIFFERENT ROOM..AGAIN.. ROOM WAS OK THIS TIME. BUT, AFTER BEING THE ROOM FOR ABOUT 4 HOURS THE POWER WENT OUT FOR 6 HOURS!!!! I HAVE A FOUR YEAR OLD SO TOTAL BALCKOUT DARKNESS DOES NOT WORK WELL. HAS TO TURN ON MY PHONE FOR LIGHT. BUT WITH NO POWER TO CHARGE IT, IT SOON DIED. SO NO SLEEP FOR THIS DAD. NEXT MORNING WAS OFFERED ONLY AN APPOLOGY. WILL NEVER RETURN AND WILL DO ALL I CAN TO SPEAD THE WORD!!!!
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"Satisfied"
Pool area was a little hot.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
Hotel very quiet and bed soooo comfortable. Slept like a baby. Loved it .
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
mary
"Saggy Beds"
Beds were "sagging"...
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
"Not as good as usual"
The room telephone and lights by the beds would not work. Called maintenance, came 2 hours later after we had given up and went to bed. We will probably try another hotel on our next vist to the St Louis area.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"Cardinal game"
A/c struggled to keep cool Buffet only available Saturday and Sunday
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Randall
"Not impressed!"
The look and size of the room was great. Except it was a two queen size bed room and there were only two towels for two adults and two children. And when I aske for more shampo and conditioner the receptionist gave me attitude and said that housekeeping would not be available if I called from the room. Also, there was a coffee pot and coffee but no sugar or creamer for it. It was disappointing!
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Elsa
"Family fun in St. Louis"
Overall it was a nice hotel. Only problem I had was that the mattress's were bowed to the middle. Kept rolling to the middle. Mattress's needed to be changed.
3 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
"Honeymoon blues"
I think you need to hire new management. It felt like the staff were happier to see us go, then to have us arrive. The pool, very tiny, no hot tub, and closed at 9pm. I killed a large ant the first night I was there, the carpet had that ant for the 3 nights we slept there (staff never vacuumed our room once). There were no brochures or maps of the area provided by staff. There were no promotions to encourage casino gambling, and at the casino, no texas hold'em poker available. We were members staying at the hotel, and we HAD TO WEAR A PAPER BRACELET TO THE POOL. No onsite dining, oh, and at the casino, the steak restaurant only opens on weekends. The seven's restaurant opened at 8am, so for tourists, this sucked, and no complimentary breakfasts available at the hotel itself. They didn't offer any complimentary shuttles to the gateway arch, or provided any type of discount for the trolley or subway. Tourism is NOT ALIVE in St. Louis. For our honeymoon, this was very disappointing.
3 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
Judith
Great stay Beds very comfortable Staff very helpful
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
"so so"
The bathroom had hair on floor and on the toilet and paper from past guest was on the floor nest to the bed
1 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
"Will stay somewhere else next time."
This hotel was chosen because of the view it provided of the Arch from our room and because it was the best price of all the hotels in the area. It delivered well on both counts. However, the location is across the river and is the least convenient, requiring a metro ride to the other side. When we walked in there was a strong smell of both mildew and disinfectant in both the hotel and casino - although the room was very neat and clean. No convenient outlets to charge phones and the bed was it particularly comfortable. No breakfast available at hotel and the casino breakfast buffet is only on weekends. It was an ok stay for the first visit to get the view, but next time I will stay somewhere else.
1 night romance trip Jun 2, 2015
Jan
"Convenient for metro,"
Check in at 4 PM is later. Room is fine, facing river and Arch.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
michael
"Casino Queen Hotel"
We stayed at the Casino Queen Hotel because it was near the casino and they offer a free shuttle to and from sporting events. This was a wonderful service and saved us a lot of hassles. Our room had the Arch view and it was amazing to see both during the day and night. Unfortunately, the hotel does not have a hot tub and the pool closes at 9pm. They also do not offer anything but coffee for breakfast and they neglected to tell us when I asked them at check in about the eateries that the casino only offered their supper buffet until 6pm. Rather strange time to shut it down and we were very disappointed with the Sevens restaurant that was in the casino complex. The service was terrible and the food wasn't that great either for the price but the atmosphere was nice.
1 night trip with friends Jun 2, 2015
"Loved the jacuzzi i room and the riverview"
Staff upgraded our room at check in at no cost and they are the ones that suggested it! Will definitely return. Metro stops at edge of parking lot.
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
Great view of the Arch & Mississippi River from our room. Quiet hotel. My wife lost an earring & called to have them look for it when cleaning room. They kept her on the phone & searched the room immediately. Found the earring & made arrangements to return it. In our opinion, that was going above & beyond. Will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
"rooms need upgraded"
Worn and not perfectly clean bed blanket. Carpet loose and curling where it meets bathroom door
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
randall
"BACHELOR PARTY"
CARDS GAME, BACHELOR PARTY, GAMBLING GREAT WEEKEND STAFF WAS GREAT, ROOM WAS READY FOR US EARLY AND THEY LET US CHECK IN HOURS BEFORE. GREAT BREAKFAST BUFFET.
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
"Great location, not too many perks"
The positive: the hotel room was clean and comfortable, the view of the St. Louis arch was awesome, staff was friendly, felt very safe, within walking distance to the metro The negative: no continental breakfast, we had to reactivate the key card everyday or we couldn't use the elevator to get to the room, staff wasn't too helpful or prompt with anything that was requested For the price I expected more, but I would probably return to this hotel as long as I couldn't get a better deal elsewhere.
Other trip May 20, 2015
ann
Old, outdated, staff was not helpful with restaurant recommendations. Would not recommend unless you strictly want to gamble.
Other trip May 20, 2015
"Clean and comfy!"
We were only in town for two days to see a concert so we weren't at the hotel much but it was a spacious room, very clean and comfortable. My only complaint would be the fact that you could hear every semi truck on the nearby bridge.
1 night romance trip May 14, 2015
"Nice room, decent location"
It was a decent room that was clean and we had a nice view of the gateway arch. At night It was a little noisy outside our window from trucks and sounded like maybe even some construction, Inside the hotel itself was quiet though. the pool was very small, but there was no one in it and only a couple people showed up, so it was not crowded at that time. It was a short drive to the gateway arch and I would have thought about walking it if I wasn't short on time and the bridge wasn't under construction. We walked over to the casino and it was decent, just a little smaller than other casinos I've been in.
Other trip May 16, 2015
April
"Not Bad"
The hotel was very nice. Pool was really small. Staff was friendly and very helpful.
1 night romance trip May 13, 2015
"very clean room"
it was great friendly staff
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
cindy
"4 stars"
Went for a Cardinal game. Had a great time at the casino. Not much around the hotel unless you cross the river into St. Louis.
1 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
"Overpriced for quality...still decent"
Had significant trouble accessing the free WIFI from my room, and I had to get something sent via email while I was staying in the hotel. Having to go down to the front desk to get assistance took a great deal of time and limited the amount of time I was able to spend enjoying my stay. The personnel were friendly and helpful. No problems with the room. Had someone meeting me at the hotel and had to go down to the lobby to meet them because the elevator required a room key to access the rooms. Again this seemed somewhat inconvenient, but I understand it provides guests with an extra measure of security. Access to the hotel heading from St. Louis was not well marked and I ended up missing the exit (no fault of the hotel...this section of the highway is difficult to navigate. Even being from the area, this portion of the interstate is confusing...for out-of-towners it would be especially easy to get lost. Did not try out any of the hotel amenities. I have been to the casino before, but never realized that the hotel and casino were not connected. Found this slightly odd, but it did not inconvenience me as I was not planning to go to the casino during my stay. Overall, I'd say the price is a bit high for the quality of the hotel. They require a $100 hold to be placed on a credit card at check-in and as of nearly 1 week later, the hold is still showing on my account. Not sure how long it takes for this to be removed.
1 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
"Convenient to downtown St. Louis and casio."
Friendliness of staff and a very clean hotel. Close to transportation to downtown. Newspapers and coffee provided in a nice snack room.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Good room, awful wifi, nothing nearby"
Many downtown hotels were booked so I decided to try the Casino Queen. It was a mistake. Although the hotel was clean and the room perfectly comfortable, wifi was awful to the point of unworkable. For many business travelers wifi is among the most important features of a hotel, and even more so here because there are no coffee shops or other places nearby that you can go to get online. And there's pretty much nothing at all nearby unless you want to gamble at the casino. Bottom line is if you're here to gamble the hotel is just what you need. If you want wifi or a good location, this isn't it.
2 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Great access to train and downtown
2 night trip Mar 19, 2015
It was convenient to what we were attending!
4 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
"Ok, for an overnight"
There we two clerks at the desk in their positions, left and right at the counter,both talking to one customer about directions. As I came up the clerk on the left did not break away from the conversation until another customer came up behind me, about 4-5 mins later. A little irritating, after a 6 hr drive. It is true, they will hold the $100 on your account. We arrived Tue left Wed, their hold was not cancelled until the following Saturday. Also, the primary reason we selected the hotel was for the indoor pool, however there was a sheet that explained the pool was closed for emergency maintenance. We did stay on the riverbank side, so it was quiet. Maid service was friendly. A sign after the bridge, turn left to casino would have been nice. We went the roundabout way that people had mentioned through a dilapidated industrial section. We did get a surprising call from the desk an hr after checkin asking if the room was suitable. I asked for 2 more towels as we were a party of two adults and two children and there were only bath towels
1 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
Caryl
"If u want a true casino hotel w amenities go elsew"
I went on a road trip to st louis and from the reviews I chose this over the hotel lumiere. I gamble a little and wanted to do a little of that and have the hotel be my home base for my touring. Well, the casino is pretty nice w very helpful staff. The hotel side...uhmm, for a tourist, the front desk was not helpful. They couldn't help answer any questions on where to eat outside the hotel. the review said free breakfast but they don't offer that. The pool was not in service..and you don't get any perks at all at the casino for staying at the hotel. That sucked. Luckily I drove and was able to find food to bring back to the hotel. The elevator has a security card that needs to be swiped to go to your floor, which was a little irksome but justifiab le, but there was a smell of used dirty cleaning water and despite being in a non smoking floor, you could smell a little mold. Granted my room was clean and I recommend the arch view side. But amenities wise, it was poor and helpfulness for tourists, not so great. If ur just trying to find a place to stay w minimal amenities, go to a cheaper place. As for a true hotel casino, I think I'll go to another place next time where the hotel and casino work together and u get benefits by staying at their hotel. Oh and please CHANGE THE INFO..NO FREE BREAKSFAST or ROOM SERVICE ..you do get a free newspaper that you have to go to the lobby to grt..along w 1 serving of coffee u have to make in your room.
2 night trip Mar 16, 2015
Pat
"Nice view, convient to metro link for hockey game"
Nice day celebrated my sons 21st,will be back again
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Very nice and close to experience the casino"
It was just a pleasure stay while in town and it was great! The hotel staff was very pleasant and accommodating. I recommend staying if you're in the St. Louis area and want to stay close to downtown.
Alicia
"Raw Sewage"
Our room smelled like raw sewage from the moment we opened the door. The person at the front desk offered to move us to another room but we were so exhausted that we didnt want to go through the hassle. Friends stayed on another floor and did not have any issues. Pool was broken. $100 deposit on a debit card or they keep a credit card on file for incidentals. My credit card was charged.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Very nice.near the metro link."
Stayed 5 nights. Staff very helpful. Rooms were very clean.
hard worker .
"rude drunk"
Only problem we had was getting woke up at 2-30 am by a drunk next door trying to knock the door in..
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Gregory
"Totally disappointed in our experience"
My bed was broken the room was dirty no breakfast at the hotel like was advertised on your site and the pool was shut down for some reason but no one could give me the reason
1 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
Dennis
"casino sucked"
waited for 1 hour for breakfast,no food, staffed by buffet employees who didn't know how to serve breakfast,for some reason all of them stayed in the kitchen where nobody could figure out how to cook breakfast, had to call front desk to ask for late checkout,they notified food and beverage thus sending the manager (the reason for the problem) to yell at them in kitchen so we could listen to that. poor management is the real problem.I would also suggest when someone signs up for player rewards you might actually have some rewards instead of telling them "they'll send you something in the mail"
2 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
kenneth a.
"Nice stay!"
Spent 3 nights at the Casino Queen visiting friends, my only complaint about the hotel was that we had problems with the HVAC system. It would get very hot in the room and then it would get cold. It didn't help to adjust the temp it still kept going up & down on it's own. They no longer offer a free breakfast as asvertised, you have to go to casino and buy it but the rate we got made that not an issue. Had a good time at the casino, loved the no smoking in there.
3 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2015
"Decent Place to stay"
The beds were not comfortable at all. The website says they have a continental breakfast, which they do not. The pool is tiny and I wish they would have had a hot tub. The staff was friendly and there was a lot of security on the property which made us feel safe. The rooms were very clean and have a lot of space. We enjoyed the view of the Arch and the Metro was close so transportation was easy.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Cole
"Nice Place to Stay"
Nice place to stay. Location is easy to get to and close to surrounding highways and interchanges. The casino is very close for those who enjoy a pull on the slots.
2 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
"Casino Queen"
Great stay
"GO Blues"
Our stay was awesome! The staff on Friday night and Saturday morning were so friendly and helpful. Will definately stay again.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
The hotel was nice the stay was good
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
We had a wonderful experience! Great view of the arch and close to most everything we needed. Wished there was breakfast included, but the restaurant at the casino was very good with reasonable prices. Was able to control our own heat and air, clean and comfy. Would love to go again and would recommend. The only thing I did not like was the corner on the bed....bumped my shin.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Casino Queen"
Buffet is closed on Monday and there is nowhere besides the casino to eat. There is a small snack shop in the casino and the casino bar serves food but the menu is limited. It is not easy to get a cab if you need a ride. There is a Metrolink stop close by to take you into St. Louis. You have to walk outside to get from the hotel to the casino.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Nice location, not so nice noise."
The location worked well for me, but it was almost impossible to get a nap during the day since the tug boats on the river blew their horns quite a bit. Oh, and there's a freight train line that runs between the hotel and the river.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
MJ
"Very Relaxing"
Enjoyed the whole stay. It was a nice getaway. The casino was great, and it didn't hurt that I won money. Lol
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Sleep less"
The heating unit was very noisy, we did notify management but it wasn't corrected. Got very little sleep the whole weekend. We had to turn it off to watch tv
2 night business trip Jan 30, 2015