All hotels in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Blvd Kukulcan Km 11.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, QROO, 77500, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Ok Hotel"
We stayed here for one night in August 2013. No complains, staff was very friendly, hotel is in the hotel zone and is on the beach. Might need some upgrades but fairly good place for the price you are going to pay.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Sandy
"Tenement by the sea"
I am someone that travels often, and have spent more than 25 weeks in Cancun over the past 10 years. 3 night stay. I selected Hotel Bacaratte based on last minute price/availability, and the posted photos. Be warned that the place has more than years of deferred maintenance issues and the photos are not current. Loud A/C, broken tiles and missing grout, ceiling fan missing a blade(useless), old TV with poor picture, dingy linens, 2bath towels, 1 hand towel, no wash cloth, no shower mat. Bed was years old (think truck stop), and left an odder on my skin... this was what they call the honeymoon suite. Beach was great, food was good but but not fancy. I did raise my concerns, and the team did move me to a different room of slightly better repair. They were very apologetic, but clearly are not provided the resources they require. Plan early and you will get so much more for the same price. I had a local tell me that the name was changed to hide the reputation. Cheers, D
3 night trip Jul 31, 2013
DT
"Nice Place to Stay"
Hotel Bacaretta is a little old, but instead of just a room, we had a 2 bedroom suite. The owners changed hands about 6 months ago, and there are some maintenance items that need attention, i.e, the a/c didn't work so well, but the hotel is kind of cool, without the typical big resort hotel feeling that you usually find in Cancun. The staff was small, but very attentive. We would stay again, especially if the price stays so low. Our room was right on the ocean and the restaurant was ok.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2013
Deb
"Nice boutique hotel right on the beach"
We stayed two nights. Upon arrival we were taken to a quaint little room on the top floor-no elevator. Loved the "attic" feel, the huge bathroom, the outdoor jacuzzi and the beautiful Mexican tile. Didn't love the mildewy smell, the rock hard bed, the minor flooding (it rained hard all evening & during the night) and the construction banging overhead (though this stopped long before we went to bed and did NOT wake us in the morning). On-site staff when we arrived was not accommodating about changing the room - night time staff was and did! Beautiful pool with swim-up bar, beautiful on-site restaurant, right on the beach. Really nice staff (night time especially and pool bar especially!) Our visit was off-peak. Glad to see them doing work to get this place in shape. It has potential to be a real winner!
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
KC
"beautiful hotel, pool and views"
we didn't spend more than a day in Cancun - headed out on road trip, but this is a lovely hotel that has more character and pretty Mexican style than other mega-Vegas hotels in area. very helpful staff and comfortable bed
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"Quaint and Charming!"
This small charming, quaint Mexican boutique hotel was perfect. Our suite #304 had all tiled flooring a dining area with a wrap around window over looking the ocean, a kitchen (only equipped with a few cups and glasses), a small living room, huge terrace - we didn't use the hot tub. A separate bedroom with terrace access. Bathroom had smaller sink, a nice size shower with good water pressure - all with Mexican tile. Beautiful beach and pool area. The staff, Martin, Juan, Juan, and Henry made us feel very welcomed and did their jobs well. We dined in the hotel's restaurant for Mexican breakfast sharing a large meal of fresh fruit, fresh juice, and tried different breakfast entrees which was plenty of food and very good. There is a market across the street and a bank to exchange money. We liked the market a bit further down on the corner for more beer and limes. On a budget, we visited Tucan's next door for wonderful Mexican food four times. We loved sharing the taco platter with salsa and fixings. Fun getting to know the staff. We ventured off taking a bus for around 8.5 pesos (.75 cents) - just tell the driver where you want to get off. Went to Surfin Burito - excellent build your own burrito in a small outside setting and Smokin' Bo's which was also good having american and Mexican food. Next time, we will book a taxi thru Expedia to the hotel - around $35. Juan took care of getting a taxi on the way back for $35. We would definitely stay here again - even for a month.
Other trip Feb 19, 2013
Caroline
"Great place to experience Cancun and the culture!"
When we first arrived we were given a room that was not ocean front. It was in poor condition and had a lot of street traffic noise. I was very dissatisfied. My husband requested a room change which they did do for us with a minor increase in cost. We were moved to a beautiful ocean front suite. We loved it and the view was spectacular! When booking be sure to request ocean front. The service in the restaurant and front desk was very good. The down side is our room was not taken care of. They came and made the bed only. No fresh towels, water, tabletops had crumbs and room service dishes were not removed. We were only there for 3 days so we did ok. Overall the hotel had the most character of any we saw on the hotel strip and we would recommend it. The bed in the suite we were moved to was very comfortable. The view and style of hotel very nice. We would go there again, but we would insist on our room being better cared for.
Other trip Feb 4, 2013
Jan and Steve
"We cannot wait to return to this hotel!"
Upon arrival we were taken by the amazing view, the beautiful and artistic lobby and the helpfulness of the staff. We stayed in apt 201, a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment, with dining room & kitchen, balcony with a whirlpool (that part was a surprise to us!). Our view was breathtaking and we enjoyed every minute of that suite. We took a bus (R2) to WalMart and stocked up on groceries for the week and ate half our meals in our suite. Our family of 4 enjoyed the pool, playing billiards in the lobby and the friendliness of the staff. I highly recommend this hotel! *** Note about Cancun in general, everyone everywhere will try to upsell you, or sell you a tour, or something else you don't need. I asked the front desk manager where / how to get to La Isla Mall (which is a 5-8 minute walk south from the hotel) and he claimed it would take me 35 minutes to get there and that I should take a bus. We speak spanish fluently, so no language barrier. Another time we asked how to get to walmart and suddenly we were being instructed on how to go to Isla Mujeres and which tour company to use (???). do your homework before you come, we used 2 different books to guide us along the way. There's an amazing cute taco stand just outside our hotel called Tacun - GO THERE! it's great, authentic food. Enjoy the Baccara!
4 night trip Jan 28, 2013
Ayesha A
"great hotel for couples"
We stayed at this hotel one week and I like everything, the location, the staff, the sea. It's a small boutique hotel who really wants to feel theirselves in Mexico. It was great that there are two big shopping centers near the hotel with a lot of restaurants and sea trips. So the decision to take a hotel without all inclusive was really good.
Other trip Jan 29, 2013
Marina
"Awesome"
The hotel was beautiful, staff was very friendly and accomidating...loved the place...it was a little slice of heaven.
7 night trip Jan 9, 2013
"Ok"
Very charismatic hotel, but very run down with dust in the rooms. Friendly staff and good part of the beach
1 night trip Jan 1, 2013
"1"
Great hotel. Lots of character. Don't go if you like being weighted on hand and foot. Great service if you are self sufficient.
Other trip Dec 23, 2012
"It's great for 5-6 people or a family!"
This hotel is out of our expectation. We booked a family room. It has two bedrooms which has individual bathroom, a living room and a kitchen. The awesome thing is there is a Jacuzzi in the balcony, but the stream seemed not work. The coffee in the kitchen is free to use in the first day of living.
Other trip Dec 3, 2012
"Breath taking"
The place was beautiful and comfortable. The rooms were huge, the view spectacular. We were traveling with out two kids. It felt very safe. Was colorful and unique. It was easy to spot from the beach. One of our kids slept on the couch in the main room the other in the separate bedroom. Nice little cheap eatery on the street next door. ATM, General store and Mall across the street. Hotel restaurant was not impressive, other than that it was great. I will stay again. Staff spoke english well are were very helpful. They were also happy to speak with me in Spanish, which I find fun.
1 night trip Nov 21, 2012
"Great Time"
Great small hotel. The food wasn't great. Restaurants you would find in the U.S right across the street. Our room had a small kitchen but wasn't fully equipped with dishes, ask and they will supply them. We went to Walmart and bought fruit and snacks. It is a bit far but got to enjoy the bus ride, route 1 or 2. Had a 2 br w/ jacuzzi outside & nice patio! Would come again!
Other trip Nov 26, 2012
happy traveler
"Best Botique Hotel in Cancun!!!"
If you are looking for a low key, quiet, and not so crowded hotel with many tourist, then this is the best budget hotel for R&R. It has it's own parking lot for free. Free wireless access but only in the lobby. Swiming pool with swim to bar and very own beach with very few tourists to share with. Across the street is a mall with many souviners to choose from, two banks, a pharmacy, and a convenience store to buy water and other needed items. My room has a nice view of the ocean and it has a chacuzzi with the view of the lagoon. The food in the hotel's restaurant is very good for its price and convenience. I would recommend this hotel for people who are looking to relax on a budget without compromising quality.
4 night trip Nov 19, 2012
dl
"perfect getaway"
The rooms, the views and the hospitality was very good and will definitely go back
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2012
J
"Great hotel for active people!"
The hotel staff was very helpful and polite. The only thing people need to know about the hotel is that there is not an elevator. Our room was up like 5 flights of stairs. The staff was very helpful in carrying our bags up the stairs. The hotel room was kept very clean and neat. The design of the hotel was very pretty and kept clean but you can tell it is an older hotel. They don't use some of the front part of the hotel (or they weren't when we were there) and it seems like they should do something fun with that part of the hotel.
Other trip Nov 4, 2012
Claire
"Right on the hotel zone in Cancun and away from tr"
Very good location: right on the hotel zone in Cancun but at the same time away from traffic. Almost in front of bus stop which can take you to the center of the city. The only drawback in the hotel is that they don't have WiFi in the rooms, only at the lobby. Other than that, I got what was advertised and maybe a little bit more.
7 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2012
"LOVE THIS HOTEL"
I will be back at this beautiful hotel... we just loved it. If you like boutique hotels, you'll love this one.
1 night trip with friends Oct 5, 2012
Charisse
"A true Caribbean feel"
This will be the only place I stay when I travel to Cancun. The hotel is a boutique style and beautiful. I had wonderful service from all of the staff. The food was the best I had during my stay. And since it is a small hotel I had personalized service. I was the only one in the pool swimming and had the beach to myself. Granted it was slow season but I doubt it would be too crowded during high season as the hotel is not that large. If you want to feel like you're in Vegas on the beach then stay at one of those giant hotels down the street. The food at those places is horrible, the drinks are weak and there are a ton of people at the pools. If you want a true Caribbean feel then stay here. I highly recommend Baccara and look forward to staying with them again.
Other trip Sep 21, 2012

"Terrible hotel"
Really old hotel& small & no good stuff& window cannot be opened
Other trip May 11, 2015
Ramona
"nice hotel between the big resorts jungle"
Small comparing with other hotels in the area. Lovely beach at the rear. No lifts and a lot of stairs, so not for the wheelchair users or family with small kids.
Bed mattress seemed to be worn and needing to be replaced. I would like WiFi access in the breakfast room and in the hotel room. I enjoyed my stay and would go there again
4 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
Shelley
"Hotel service is 5 star"
The hotel service is 5 star!!! Juan Carlos is extremely helpful & staff are top shelf!!! Street is noisy but it was only spring breakers having a lot of fun. Beautiful beach & pool area, rooms are very charming.
2 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Sharon & Gary
"it was alright - nice place, poor room"
i liked the resort, but not the room. the staff was very enic
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
chris
"Great location, friendly, clean & fab sea views"
Staff were very friendly, but only a few could speak/understand English. Breakfasts were good but staying there for 12 days was abit repetitive. It's a small hotel which we loved as so many are high rising. Close to shops and great eating places. Weather was perfect in January. Apparently too hot from March - August. Sea views from hotel was fantastic. No lifts but was fine as 4th floor wasn't a problem. Highly recommended hotel and for the price too.
12 night trip Jan 9, 2014
Sue Langton-Smith
Hotel is very old. Only wifi in the lobby.
1 night trip Jan 15, 2014
"A boutique hotel not to be missed!"
Very small and very Mexico! Beautiful pool area, close to downtown amenities, great beach.
Other trip Feb 16, 2013
"Loved it!"
Great hotel with a great staff! Only complaint is that the bed was really hard - a bit uncomfortable. Otherwise an amazing place!!
Other trip Jan 7, 2013
"Two thumbs down for Avalon Baccara"
I booked this hotel online only to discover its a time share property that needs a serious overhaul and attention to service. They have 27 suites, and not enough beach chairs when the hotel is only half full! Because its a timeshare owners have priority over ocean view rooms so good luck trying to book one. In fact there is no way to book an oceanview room oonline! If I were you I would spend my money elsewhere!
Other trip Jan 2, 2013
Casey
"Character hotel with old world charm"
Very authentic mexican hotel. Rustic room and very spacious. Confusion with the breakfast as we thought it was included in the price especially when they put a bracelet on everyone when we checked in. Staff were extremely polite and courteous especially the person who handled our baggage. We would definitely stay here again, it has alot of character.
Other trip Dec 18, 2012
sandra
"A refreshing and delightful change."
We would definitely return to this hotel. The staff were friendly and efficient and the hotel was a refreshing and delightful change from the American-type, larger hotels and it is right on the beach. It felt a bit like old-world Mexico with lots of Mexican tile and much more intimate and close to downtown via inexpensive city buses.
2 night trip Dec 2, 2012
Cheryl and Bruce
"Exceptional small boutique hotel"
Can't say enough good things about this hotel. The staff were amazing, very friendly and so helpful. This small hotel doesn't look like much from the street, but inside it is so warm and comforting. Looking from the beach you would think you were staying in this wonderful old style mansion. Smaller pool but definitely adequate for cooling off in. We had probably one of the smallest rooms (by choice) with a king bed. Room was so quaint, very comfortable, small fridge in room, lots of room. The hotel is right across the street from a small shopping mall with lots of smaller stores. Only a ten minute walk in either direction to more stores and restaurants. We only had breakfast at this hotel and it was really good. Absolutely would stay at this hotel again!!!
2 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2012
ComoxValleyGal
"value for money"
staff friendly and very helpful. Wonderful position, right on the beachfront. Wonderful for those looking for budget accommodation and a rustic atmosphere. There is a bus just outside the door that will take you into the centre of town and a convenience store across the road.
3 night family trip Oct 3, 2012
cheryl d
"Would like to return ASAP"
This is a really great find! Reception staff and bell man were helpful, efficient and professional throughout the stay. I stayed with my adult daughter; it felt like a very safe, convenient location. It would be fine for a single female traveller, too. Food service staff is another story: definitely a "Fawlty Towers" kind of experience for the one breakfast we ate there. The continental breakfast described on the menu outlined a breakfast or coffee or tea, juice, toast or pastries and a plate of fruit, pretty standard, right? We had to haggle with the waiter to get the fruit (after searching for him upstairs in the lobby, outside on the deck, etc.); he insisted that once we'd had our toast, that was it, despite "AND" in both English and Spanish versions between the toast and fruit. The service was almost unbelievably slow, the waiter's shirt was filthy, he was not only sullen but appeared to have very pressing commitments elsewhere since he would disappear from the dining area for long periods. Luckily, next door is Tajun Mexican Food, a streetside eatery with excellent food, real Mexican prices (e.g., best quesadilla I've ever eaten for 30 pesos). For real. Also very good margaritas, friendly, caring service. Leisurely eating experience unless you let them know you're in a hurry, in which case it is really stepped up: a full delicious lunch for 2 including margaritas and time for farewell photos with our host Elio inside of 30 minutes! Food to go is available, too.
Other trip Oct 2, 2012
"nice little hotel"
Everything was good but the guy at the front desk "Alex" he is completely useless, we asked him to book a trip to xel ha for us, he had us waiting for an hour, saying nothing, he was on the phone calling i dont know who, very rude guy, we gave up and left. The day after a new guy at the front desk got us the trip in 5 minutes. I didnt complain about alex, but watch out guys, he should not work at the front desk.
Family trip Sep 24, 2012
rod

"Perfecto"
No es el gran hotel pero lo haré mi casa en Cancún
3 night business trip Aug 25, 2015
Zuleica
"Ubicacion perfecta"
Excelente en general!! Perfecta ubicacion!! El jacuzzi de la terraza no servia y el agua estaba tibia incluso en la ducha. Fuera de eso todo bastante bien
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Maria Elena
"泊まるなら海側"
到着日の一泊だけなら辛うじて許せる
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
tsuyoshi
JP
"Vacaciones en Cancun"
Bien Todo en orden desde k llegue mi reservacion estaba lista me dijeron k era un hotel tipo hacienda entiendo k deben de tener muebles rusticos pero estaria bien darles mantenimiento una pintadita . lijarlos y asi pero todo lo demas bien
4 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
Juan Martin
MX
We wanted to be right on the beach and that's exactly what it offered. The view from our bedroom window was amazing. The pool was nice and clean too. We were given a much bigger room than what we booked, which was appreciated. We didn't really know what to expect when we booked the place since all the comments we read were either really positive, or really negative... so I guess you like it or not! To be honest, the place looked like it had better days. You can see that there is great potential, but it's just not taken care of properly (little details here and there). Don't get me wrong, it is not bad at all, in fact we quite liked it, but we just felt that we paid too much for what was offered. We only stayed for 1 night and we would have stayed for more... but not at that price.
1 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
sophie
"EXCELENTE SERVICIO FALTA REMODELACION"
El hotel está un poco viejo y descuidado, además de que el Colchón era SUPER incómodo, así como las almohadas. La ubicación es excelente y el servicio igual, sólo hace falta una remodelación del mismo, creo que es un excelente hotel si quieres ir a relajarte debido a que es SUPER chiquito y tranquilo.
2 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Emilia Alejandra
"PÉSSIMO"
O atendimento dos funcionarios foi muito bom, porém o quarto é de péssima qualidade....., com cheiro forte de urina no box do banheiro., este cheiro era oriundo do ralo existente neste box ?!?., ainda o quarto propriamente dito de muito mal gosto e acabamento. o hall de entrada do hotel muito sujo, e ainda com uma mesa de bilhar oficial toda rasgada. ( imagine uma mesa de bilhar no salão de entrada do hotel )?!?!. Resumindo PÉSSIMO, comparando-se ao nível de hoteis existentes em CANCÚM. Até o proprio motorista da VAN que nos conduziu ao hotel., quando mencionamos o nome do nosso hotel era o MIA CANCÚM......, ele deixou escapar em tom irônico ( nossa, no Mia Cancum ??? ) Muitíssimo ruím para oótimo nivel dos hoteis de Cancum !
4 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
BR
"Instalaciones"
El desayuno buffet muy malo, no habían tostadas, jamón, queso etc (desayuno internacional) Falta frigobar en el dormitorio para agua fría, no ponían bajada de ducha para los pies Las sabanas muy chicas en relación al colchón por lo que siempre estaba desordenada
2 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
karla
CL
"정말 좋고 편안했습니다"
정말 좋았습니다. 작지만, 깨끗했고 직원들의 마인드가 너무 좋았습니다. 조용한 휴양을 원하신다면 정말 추천합니다.
2 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
Seonkyu
KR
"recomendable"
muy agradable la estancia, la comida rica, vista estupenda, no hay ruidos aun estando de lado de la pasada de autos, el personal muy amable
2 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
violeta irais
"Excelente"
La estancia fue excelente la atención también como recomendación general sería dar un poco más de variedad al desayuno
7 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
VE
"Charming small hotel"
This small hotel is tastefully worn, atmospheric alternative to the huge, spiritless modern hotels. Good location next to the beach, bus stops are near and there is just a short walk to Isla Dorada shopping center. Housekeeping staff do excellent work, room and common areas are very clean and tidy. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Cheerful and attentive service makes a good breakfast even better. Unfortunately no mexican breakfast at menu, but the great staff will do it anyway, if you ask. The name of the hotel is a little confusing. Apparently the hotel has recently changed its name from Avalon Baccarat to Mia Cancun. Shuttles and tours only identify the name of Avalon Baccarat - very confusing, if you booked a room in Mia Cancun. The new name is perhaps the explanation for the downstairs insipid pink facade on the wall. The breakfast room is also all-day dining restaurant, even though there is not any mention. The food is not bad at all, not just the snacks from poolbar, but also at the restaurant! You might want to check tours available also outside the hotel - there are several spots selling tours in convenient walking distance. Buying a tour from a man who is selling them at hotel, you might end up paying double price compare to other sellers, for the very same tour.
15 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
FI
"מומלץ מאוד!!!!"
הגענו למלון ללילה אחד. המלון נמצא על רצועת החוף של המלונות בקנקון- מיקום טוב. מרחק הליכה ממרכז הקניות וגם מתחנת אוטובוס (מומלץ כי המוניות יקרות בקנקון) בנוסף יחסית קרוב לקוקו בונגו. צוות המלון יעיל ונחמד ביותר! עזרו בכל דבר גם אם לא ביקשנו. המלון נחשב "בוטיק" ולכן הוא קטן, אבל בפרופורציה לאנשים השוהים במלון. ההרגשה היא מאוד פרטית ואינטימית- המלון לא המוני. הבריכה נחמדה מאוד, יש ישיבה בבר בתוך הבריכה, שמשקיפה לים, שם יש כיסאות נוח של המלון ומיטות ים. החוף מדהים עם חול לבן ומים טורקיז, וכשהיינו היו רק עוד זוג אחד. ארוחת הבוקר מינימלית אבל עושה את העבודה. החדרים לא מדהימים, אבל נקיים, המיטה נוחה, ויש מקרר ומיקרוגל. וויפיי היה לנו רק באיזור הלובי, חדר האוכל, הבריכה וגם קצת בים, אבל אין בחדרים. בקיצור, מומלץ למי שרוצה לשלם מעט אבל עדיין לקבל מלון ראוי. תהנו.
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014