All hotels in Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereKm 0.5 Camino Viejo A San Jose, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, 23410, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"First time stay"
Great staff, took couple days to get family rooms together after booking way in advance, didn't realize we had to pay taxi each way to do activities away from Villa-never consistant amounts for such, check in and check out smooth, fabulous proximinity to beach, buffets and entertainment excellant, concierge knowledgable and helpful-but again not consistant with what we were informed, unable to pay cash for items at Villa in order to get their Gold Card discounts, pushy to get folks to sign on to ownership of Villa Resorts, was a learning experience for the next time we should stay as there are hidden costs to many things!
Other trip May 23, 2014
Jan
"Disappointing"
They didn't have the room we reserved available. Ended up in a downgraded. Room smelled like urine. Bed was horrible when you slept you rolled into the middle of the bed. Was supposedly all inclusive but if you wanted any upgrade in food or beverages there was an extra charge. The waiters all ask for cash tips but when you check out the hotel charges you a daily tip amount also. Customer service is extremely poor. Took forever to get food or drinks sometimes had to ask 2 or 3 times.
Other trip May 22, 2014
Ann
Complained about ac in room not working and nothing was done about it, all inclusive doesn't really mean all inclusive, you have to pay extra for the decent stuff. There are people on the beach trying to sell you things all day, every day. Sometimes they get in your face about it. I must have said "no" a million times during my stay. The pools had way too much chlorine and a layer of what looked like oil floating on top. I swam in the ocean everyday because of this. Overall, would not stay here again.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Only if you want to party, loud and active!"
Lot of drinking, do not go if you want a peaceful place as every day they have a lot of loud speaker activities! NO swim up bar and just all around not relaxing... we went and paid $50.00 per day plus food and taxi to go to the Hilton for a day of actual relaxing and enjoyment of the view and less partying loud active place!! WE STILL took the taxi to the marina and dinner as we never eat there after a few times as it was not very good except the Sushi....
6 night trip with friends May 6, 2014
DBest
"Great hotel on the quiet side of the beach"
I have been to CABO three times now. We just went for my best friends 25th birthday. Two couples and we shared a room. It was great. The hotel room had a big spacious bedroom and a drop down bed in the living room. The bedroom bed was way nicer, but we just swapped half way through the trip. There was two bathrooms and two showers which was perfect! Also having a kitchen was really nice. The hotel was on the "main beach" of Cabo, but was more quiet than the hotels close to The party bars (that's where all the jet ski and boat rentals are so it's more chaotic). This was a happy surprise because we could relax, but easily walk to the party bars if we wanted to. The hotel was a hefty walk to town, but only a $9 cab ride or a $6 bike cab. We alternated between all three. Hotel staff was nice and helpful by the pool. We chose not to do the all inclusive, which I thought was a good idea. Some of the food for all inclusive looked blah. The food at the hotel wasn't amazing, but it was good. Just go get the fish tacos at El Squid Roe in town and the shrimp plates at La Pallapa (a hidden gem the locals told us about in the alley behind el squid roe in the alley). Overall would definetly recommend and stay again!!! FYI There was an older crowd at this hotel, but we liked that because it was more mellow ;)
Other trip May 13, 2014
cha
"All inclusive"
I didn't like that use couldn't use the other places for your all incluvise like other places
Other trip May 8, 2014
"Location is great - right on the beach."
This is the 6th time I've stayed there and will stay again next year.
Other trip May 6, 2014
Ruth
"A very nice stay"
We just stayed at the palmar for 6 days. Enjoyed the location, especially the restaurant setting and the beach chairs on and above the beach; clearly one of the best views of the tip of Baja!
Other trip May 3, 2014
"Great location with fun entertainers"
This is our third time going to the same resort and our family loves it. The theme nights are great, activities are fun, and the price for all inclusive is totally worth it. The only thing we missed this year is the ping pong. The entertainers told us someone broke the table and it's taking a long time to get another one.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
lena
"Great family vacation!"
My husband, daughter (3.5 year old) and I had an amazing time at Villa del Palmar. The staff was awesome, friendly, and attentive. We were really impressed with the activities for kids of all ages, the nightly shows and the food was great. We have nothing negative to say, our vacation was relaxing and fun and we will definitely be back to stay at Villa del Palmar.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
Alaina
"Wonderful experience"
The hotel itself is very tranquil and pretty. I traveled with my husband and two kids (ages 6 and 8). Between the two pools (one with a slide), the hot tubs and outdoor ceramic painting, I rarely saw my kids, other than to check in on them to make sure they were alive and had food. They had a fantastic time, which in all honesty was the most important thing to me... if they're happy, I'm happy. While I didn't personally get involved in any, there were plenty of poolside activities for adults including water aerobics, water volleyball and bingo. The food was great, especially considering they were feeding for the masses. Nightly entertainment at the buffet was fantastic... great dancers! My kids looked forward to it every night. The staff was exceptionally kind and pleasant (thank you Yeny!!). The beach is steps from the pool with beautiful views and plenty of lounge chairs. Nice equipment in the gym. Money exchange on site (better rate than at airport). Market on site for you to stock up on water, food, alcohol, sundries, etc. The beds in the room are very comfortable and there is a nice sized kitchenette to keep food and even cook for yourself. Bring extra shampoo and conditioner because they don't provide much. Overall, this is a great resort and I highly recommend it.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Great day atmosphere"
Wonderful atmosphere by day at the pool with fun activities for all and music but dies by 10:30pm at the sports bar- unfortunately have no choice but to leave the resort. Not single friendly for a girl traveling with all couples. Food was good but I did have plastic in my pizza on my last day that I ingested. The manager was very nice about letting me order off the menu and delivered it to my pool chair.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
ashly
"Beautiful beach and ocean, also pool area"
People from hotel, specially from concierge desk very pushy and if you refuse, very rude. Some vendors on the beach very rude, also be careful about taxi drivers, rude and lie about the money back. Also don't book transportation from airport to hotel - talking about Gray Line - take your money and never show up, never return your money back. Beautiful beaches and landscape, but people really see you like walking dollar bills.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
T
"Skeptical at first"
Stayed there because friends were attending a timeshare presentation. Was not my initial choice based on previous reviews; however, I left there quite impressed. Had a larger suite that was spotless and the morning maid service was very prompt. The facility was very clean, staff friendly and food was quite good. Additional advice definitely includes the all inclusive package - without it will be expensive. Would actually go back to the Villa del Palladium.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
JR
"Family Fun in Cabo"
Villa del Palmar is a great place for famlies! The food & entertainment are great! We always enjoy coming back to this hotel year after year . The beds are "ver" comfortable now!! That used to be the bad part .... The uncomfortable beds.... No more! Now they are very comfy!
4 night business trip Apr 3, 2014
"Nice beachside hotel, not a good all-inclusive"
I've stayed at all inclusive resorts before and this one definitely missed the mark. The food was not that great and not all the types of alcohol were included. The main issue, however, was that since the hotel had the "option" of all-inclusive! everything that we ordered (including bottles of water) required a receipt to be signed so everything could be accounted for. It became more of a hassle ordering drinks bc there was always a line of people waiting for the bartender to print out receipts. As far as the rooms were concerned, the beds were comfortable but the rooms have definitely not been renovated anytime recently and could've been improved. In sum, for the price paid, I think we could've stayed somewhere nicer with better food. If you're not interested in the all-inclusive option though, this hotel might not be a bad choice.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
Edwards
"Amazing accommodations"
The experience was wonderful. Staff and facility met and exceeded my expectations.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Not the perfect stay"
Its my first stay here. I was kind of dissapointed with their service. Their restaurants wont take cash. Not a good selection of food. Their room service is very slow. You will be treated like a prisoner when it comes to visiting rights. You will have to pay if you have someone visiting you after 9 pm. The hotel has fairly good location to downtown but outdated. I would pay a little more and stay somewhere else to make worthwhile.
6 night business trip Mar 21, 2014
Will
"Nice but timeshare sell you to death!"
Hotel was nicely maintained and very convenient to Cabo. The staff was very friendly and attentive, however, they are very aggressive and persistent in trying to sell you a timeshare.
2 night trip Mar 16, 2014
CoBeau
"The staff was impossible to work with."
The staff took advantage of the fact we were college students trying to charge us way more for everything little thing. The cleaning ladies only cleaned our room 2 nights out of 5. The food sucked and the wifi never worked when we would pay for it. Also there was only 1 bar during the day and 1 at night, so there was always a long line.
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
"Great facilities and beach!"
3 dining options: Marginal taco hut by pool; marginal sports bar; but truly fabulous ocean side restaurant with great breakfast buffet incl. omelet chef. Evening meals are first class. Even pizza is tops with wood-fired oven. I asked for coffee with Bailey's which they didn't have but went to the store and acquired for me. Spring breakers were everywhere which would not be our first choice. Front desk service was OK. All of Cabo is a constant barage of pushy sales. Many good off-campus activities in Cabo. Many good boat excursions.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
"Great hotel on the beach"
Excellent food and amenities. Would stay there again in the future!
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Todd
"Great for the price!"
The hotel is great for the price. Not very luxurious, but the rooms are nice and clean. As soon as we arrived, we got upgraded to a suite that looked like a small apartment. The location is very convenient, very close to town (15 min walk or a $8 dollar cab ride). The pool area was a little crowded and it took a long time to get a drink, but I'm guessing it was because it was the beginning of spring break. Overall, our stay was very pleasant.
3 night trip Mar 6, 2014
"Bad Internet"
The internet was terrible. It worked occasionally. But most of the time, I had to go somewhere else for it to work. And top of that, it cost an additional $11.95 per day. It should have been included.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
"Satisfaction Depends on What U Want & When U Go"
In my mind, whether you like this hotel is dependent upon what you are looking for and when you go. I write this to help similar situated people considering this hotel. I don't normally write reviews. To give you some idea who we are, my wife and I are in our 40s and we have 2 children, 10 & 12. I am an atty & my wife is a stay-at-home mom. We were there the 1st week of March, just before easter break (the when part of the equation). Upon arrival, it was (generally) filled with nice folks, but upon departure lots of drunken kids, dropping f-bombs and whatnot, had arrived. That said, the hotel grounds are safe, very well maintained and family appropriate. While there is relatively loud & current music going at the main family pool, it is appropriate for kids (no profanity or highly sexually charged content). With h20 slide, b-ball hoops, V-ball net, etc, the kids loved the pool. Rooms were all well maintained (stayed in 1 br suite). Location is a larger issue. I felt as guests paying a nightly rate (not a timeshare owner), we got the scraps. Took 3 times to get an acceptable room. Didn't really care about the view so much, but the noise was a BIG BIG issue. 1st room next to stage, 2nd next to sales presentation room beginning VERY LOUDLY at 7:30 a.m.. 3rd attempt worked well. I can't recommend if you are looking for quiet, adult, romantic, get-away. For us, it worked but had we stayed during any of the easter break
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
"Terrible staff"
The staff was not welcoming at all, to them everything was all about money which makes your stay not as fun.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
"Beautiful beach front with views, close to town."
Had a very relaxing vacation. This was our third visit to Villa Del Palmar. The rooms are clean, staff is friendly. The choices of dining was nice. Each time we come, we can find things to do that we have not done before in the area.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
"Great place to vacation"
We choose the all inclusive package, definitely best way to go. All of the staff members were great and incredibly nice. The food was absolutely amazing (10 stars). Great location next to the beach. Very quiet compared to some of the other resorts. Overall, excellent place.
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
"Great location on the Beach"
Staff was very good but the rooms need to be updated as they are tired looking with out dated furnishings. Wi Fi needs to be available in the rooms. Overall good experience.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
wish they would have provded coffee in your roon EACH morning
4 night trip Feb 22, 2014
"The hotel was ok."
This resort was just ok. Restaurant and bar staffs were very friendly, but everything seemed to take for ever. To start it took us almost an hour to check in once we got to the counter. It would take 30 minutes to get an order of a couple of sandwiches or burgers. The food was pretty good but took a long time. Then even the all inclusive guest had to sign for everything... The hotel said it was for tracking, so when you ordered a few drinks it again took a little too long. We tool our 12 year old boy which could not order with out one of us to sign and occasionally we had to ask the staff if that was a "virgin" pina colda for our 14 year old daughter, and a few were not.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
"Mother daughter (16) vacation"
This was an annual girls vacation I take with my daughter. We always try to go some place new. We heard wonderful things from some friends about Villa Del Palmar and that the beach was swimmable. We spent more time swimming at the beach than their beautiful pools. We had a wonderful 7 night vacation here and would recommend it for others.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
DC
"Nice hotel on beach"
Hotel was nice. Staff was slow but very friendly. Only issue we had was they placed us in a room right next to the elevator, very annoying. Called to get room switched and they moved us again to a room next to a elevator so we called again and they moved us down one room from the elevator. Wasn't too bad but the sales office was above that room and all you hear at 6 am and later was ladies in heels walking around. Don't stay in building 3 on the 6th floor.
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
"Awesome cabo hotel"
We just returned from a short 4 day visit to cabo. We stayed at the beautiful Villa del palmar, it is a 5 star resort. The resort has everything you could possibly want or need. The staff was above and beyond. The resort is located 40 plus miles from the airport(50 min shuttle ride) but very close to downtown cabo (10mins by taxi). Very family friendly. Property is ocean front, not all the rooms are ocean front, but really not that important, since the majority of your time you will want to be out enjoying all the on sight activities(pool, arobics, vollyball, painting). I would definatly recommend this resort! We can't wait to return for another visit!
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
Debbie
"Very nice hotel on the beach."
We stayed for a week and had a very good experience. Fun at the pools with water volleyball, bingo and buy 1 get 1 drinks in the afternoon. Very friendly and capable staff. Good buffet breakfast, Sports café had excellent food and poolside food was also very good.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Expect to be harassed"
Like any other high-priced resort in Mexico resort towns, expect to be harassed by the "concierge" on a daily basis about attending high-pressure time-share sales presentations in exchange for menial savings on activities. The room was old but had been updated and was certainly clean and comfortable.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
"A great experience overall"
When we arrived at Villa Del Palmar, it was a pleasant welcoming. We not only enjoyed a number of free perks but we were at a hotel that had great value for the price we paid. It's probably the best value I've seen on the beech. It's not far from the city, and you have access to soooo much.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
"hotel was not acceptable -staff was very nice"
Firstly the staff was great-particularly Ivan the Bellhop. He was wonderful,professional and informative.The time share presentation was not the promised 75 mins(but then again they are never truthful) The main thing i wanted to write about was the condition of the hotel.We have stayed at their location in nuevo vallarta several times and it is a beautiful location and property. We expected the same here-it is not. Its dirty. looks like there was mold in our rooms. Tiles missing in the bathroom with black stuff around it-was honestly scared to look closer.The room certainly smelled musty and moldy. Our room was refurbished- we did get a peak at an unrefurbished room and ours was redone. The beds are comfy and there is every appliance you could use. The negative is the building itself , its about 30 years old. We could literally hear everything from the rooms around us-everything! Upstairs-either side-hallway etc. We could hear every time they used the bathroom-could tell what they were doing in there , could here them unload groceries and the crumpling of the plastic grocery bags-really we could. I don't want to go into everything we hear cause frankly its gross.Also pools were quite small for such a big hotel. We were thankful or room didn't face the pool.Please trust when i say we heard absolutely everything.I would choose a completely different hotel when visiting cabo because this just doesn't cut it.
8 night trip Jan 23, 2014
sandi
"Good food for all inclusive option"
We stayed in jan 2014 with a toddler and 4 couples. We have stayed at all inclusive resorts in Rivera Miya before-never Cabo and felt the food here was far better than anything we had experienced before. There were less options than some large resorts we have stayed at but there was enough options to satisfy a large multi generational family. The breakfast and dinner buffets were high quality and tasty. For lunch (and dinner if you wish) you can order off restaurant menus and there it might get old if you stay longer than a week. A few of us had a few disappointments with items but most were really good. Rooms were clean and pleasant and they give you a full size fridge and stove top for preparing your own if you don't do all inclusive. Beds and bedding were comfy but most were only full size beds. Staff was great and really enjoyed entertainment crew. Kiddie pool was great especially for little ones but set too far away from other pools and plagued on some days by seagulls who pooped around it. It did keep the older kids out even though one section was four feet deep. The other section ranged from 2 inches up to a foot and half and was great for babies and toddlers.
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
carrie
"Service is Slow & Always Trying to Sell You"
Ever since we stepped foot on the hotel grounds we were sold something. It was very disappointing and we would never go back there again.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"VDP Cabo"
Over all a good stay. Staff was helpful when needed. Andres, Alejandro, Maria, and Margarita, all helpful with their expertise.
Other trip Jan 26, 2014
"Meh...and NO Wi-fi"
There's nothing very special here. We had to change our room because it was so loud in building two the first night that we didn't sleep. The service was not so great. The waiters out by the pool would disappear for a half hour after we placed our order - every time! The "Concierge" was actually a hard-sell timeshare sales person. The restaurant had so-so food. We discovered their sister property down the beach (Villa del Arco) and spent the rest of our time in their pool. The service was way better, as was the food and we could still charge everything to our room. Villa del Arco had a fabulous spa and I got the best message of my life (seriously) there. I would hesitate to call Palmar either a "resort" or a "spa". And, if you have any need for wifi, you're out of luck. My husband had emails, etc. to respond to and paid for the service for our room. You guessed it; it didn't work. At all. It took two days to get a refund. The business center has wifi but the kicker is that you have to sit through a two hour time-share presentation to acquire the code. Another guest that had sat through the 2 hour presentation was nice enough to share the code with us.
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
Oldelect
"Good Experience at a reasonable p rice."
The hotel is everything we expected it to be. Not a four star property but a property that is well kept, and caters to all. We went for a long weekend. Good gym facilities, close to downtown (15 minute walk) food as with many resorts are a little pricey. Didn't care for the extended sales pitch to buy a timeshare on the property. We were told that it was a 90 minute presentation, well it ended up being 3 hours. No means no, I told my partner I felt like I was buying a car, because when you told your rep, no, they would send you to a manager, then you would tell the manager no, they would send in another manager. Just remember no means no. So other than the used car sales tactics to buy timeshares we liked the hotel and would stay again.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
Alan
"beautiful surroundings and the staff great"
I had an accident in town and needed medical care. they have a great physician on staff who took care of me and even drove me to the hospital herself. They were on top of things when I needed a wheel chair and crutches! Great facilities, clean, and I would love to go again.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
gloria
"Not as Advertised"
The "all inclusive" is NOT all inclusive. At check in, they gave us a list of things that werent included in our all inclusive package. It would have been much easier (and shorter) to just give us a list of what WAS included. Of course they waited until AFTER we had signed and paid, to show us that. After a long trip to get there, we were just wanting to get to our room and unpack. But they ushered us over to a "services concierge" who was supposed to give us an overview of the hotel and amenities, restaurants, etc. It turned out to be a sales pitch for their time shares. Once the girl could see we werent interested, she was done talking to us. No overview was provided. We waited at our room for over an hour for our luggage. By that time, we decided to leave. We called the RIU, another all inclusive in Cabo that we had stayed at before, who really has an ALL INCLUSIVE package. They got us set up at the last minute, for less than HALF of what Villa was charging us. We went downstairs and got our bag, and told them why we were leaving. They refused to give us ANY type of refund or credit!! We had to do a chargeback on our credit card. What a hassle.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
Scorpio77
"close to town"
Our family had a great time at the Villa Del Palmar. The only negative we experienced was the fact that we had to sign for all of our food and drinks because we did the all inclusive plan. That was a bit of a hassle and made the service slow.
4 night family trip Dec 26, 2013
"Excellent hotel. Very hard working staff."
Beach front. Smaller than the Super All inclusives. You don't need a shuttle to get to the beach from your room. Beach is 5 min stroll from your room. No reserving of lounge chairs allowed. So if you don't like waking up at 5 am to reserve a spot, this is an advantage. Fewer guests, so no shortage of lounge chairs. Rooms are very very nice. Very clean. Suites have 2 bathrooms. Living room has Murphy beds, so 2 older kids can be easily accomodated. The master bedroom is a little separate, so lots of privacy for parents. Food was very good. Every evening a new event and show. The staff works very very hard to please you. This was the biggest differentiator compared to other supersized All- inclusives. 7$ ride to downtown. You can walk it in 20min, but don't bother. We have stayed in many All - inclusives all over Mexico, this was the best experience ever. Congrats to their staff for quality of service
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
Feet in the san
"Great beach, close to town"
This is the 2nd year my husband and i have stayed at villa del palmar. It is their "marketing" hotel out of the 3 in the group so uou know they will keep it up very well. Pool is great and hot tub is immediately next to the pool bar. There are kids allowed, but usually stick to the pool area. Drinks are good! Go all inclusive, it's worth it if you plan to eat 3 times and have a ccp of drinks every day
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
heather
Was not expecting the harassment to attend timeshare tour/briefing. Hotel should change their timeshare demographic to married couples - not friends who are having a girls getaway. Also it was credit card or charge to the room only service for all dining facilities - no cash. Coffee was provided for the room for the first day only - after that, you provide your own or go to the deli to buy coffee (which will take cash along with the market). Since there wasn't much of a price break - timeshare stuff caught me off guard. Did like beach and the adult-only pool.
6 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2013
Our room was pretty smelly, and the overall condition of hotel was just ok. I did expect it though, because the hotel is kind of old and in need of upgrading. But th staff was great and friendly, service was good.
Other trip Dec 5, 2013