All hotels in Tamarac, Florida, United States of America
3800 W Commercial Blvd, Tamarac, FL, 33309, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"A busy location needing some refreshing touches."
Our family of 5 stayed here prior to a Fort Lauderdale cruise departure. We searched the region for affordable rooms because we had to book a room only one week prior to our stay a the the LaQuinta. This hotel was affordable for the region, but the accommodations are tired and shabby. The morning breakfast with was so crowded we could not eat in the dining area. The menu was starchy and the room was worn and hard for hotel staff to maintain due to the volume of guests.The staff were hard working and pleasant. The hotel has an international flare, but the accommodations don'the celebrate this diversity.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Yeimi
"OK"
Ok
1 night trip Jan 4, 2015
"convenient location, but a large renovation needs"
chaotic sometimes at breakfast.
2 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
Ulf
"No sleep"
I had a bad night of sleep. The window blind didn't close all the way (it was set up that way), so all the light from the parking lot made it in the room. The A/C unit was very loud and u couldn't find a comfortable pillow. The room I must say was very clean.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2014
poor hotel condition terrible smell everthing are in bad condition
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Too basic. Terrible breakfast"
Not happy. Rooms too small. Only one babies´ crib for the whole hotel
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Minor
"Horrible stay"
The rooms had a horrible horrible stench
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"only out of necessity. no other rooms available."
Room very musty.A/C noisy and didn't work well the first night.Security door to back of hotel was broken and stood ajar all night. Staff friendly and helpful. Hotel in desperate need of upgrading to merit rates.
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Bad stay"
Booked and reserved 2 non smoking rooms 3 weeks before our stay and when we went to check in, non smoking rooms were no longer available and the hotel made no attempt to work with us for the screw up
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"happy client"
It was great for a weekend stay. Good and friendly service
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Lorena
"LA QUINTA TAMARAC"
Stayed one night at this hotel.Have stayed at other La Quinta hotels but this location was the worst. Hotel needs to be modernized.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Would stay there again and recommend!!"
Good place to stay a couple of days on business.
1 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
Adilson
"It was close to our destination."
The rugs smelled so bad, in the hallway and the room. The bath tub was dirty, not laundry bag, the beds didn't have quilts just sheet. The elevator very dirty. In conclusion the hotel was sucks, it's the worse hotel I had been ever. I don't recommend to nobody stay at that hotel. .
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
jackie
"Needs updating....better towels, soap, lotion"
just ok ive stayed at much nicer and fresher looking la quintas
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Good for the price!! Recommend!!"
Friendly staff- good location. Price is reasonable. Will stay again on next trip.
1 night business trip Dec 16, 2014
Adilson
The room was fine. But the surrounding makes us feel it's not safe to stay there.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"They made me feel at home!"
My wife and I had a wonderful time at this hotel. They accomodated us in every way they could. There free breakfast area was also very nice. I would definitely stay there aain.
4 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
Jaime
"Color of Cancer trip"
In town for an event, service was good, wanted a non-smoking room but they didn't have one.Just think if you have never smoked before.
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2014
"Cozy and clean"
Me and my boyfriend really enjoyed our stay but the room was tiny and tv was too. Other than that it was perfect :)
1 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
"Motel not hotel"
Thought I was booking a different hotel. Didn't feel safe. Should be called a motel not a hotel. Was ok clean but still had the feeling that I didn't want to touch anything. Breakfast was a joke. Desk clerk was nice.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
"will not stay here again"
It was ok stay they didn't clean our room and I complained but nothing was done about it except they gave me new towels and sheets. I thought the point that of a stay I. Hotel is some one is to do that for me. The neighborhood not that great. Staff was ok but manager was not able to accommodate for not cleaning our room. Doors that are suppose to be locked were not handles broken off some emergency exit door. Ho w nice. I will not stay here again
3 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time until the last two days. The second to last day the electricity went while I was in the shower and my girlfriend was ironing our clothes to go out for dinner that night and when we got back to the hotel in the early morning and was in the shower the water went. We had to change room that day. When I went to the front desk to check out the front desk agent was very nasty (His name is Kerry), another agent realized his nastiness and had to assist me at the end.
5 night romance trip Nov 19, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
Just looking for a place for the night. Kevin at the front desk was super pleasant and helpful. The hotel was clean and comfortable, breakfast was ok and the neighborhood was fine and had plenty of dinner options.
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2014
Louis
"Nice hotel for inexpensive stay"
We stayed for a week. The carpet of the first room we were given reeked of stale urine and the room and entire 2nd floor smelled musty. We were given another room that was much better thank god. The staff was polite and friendly. The environment safe. Overall it's a great place to stay if you are on a low budget but are still seeking something comfortable and safe. What can I say, It's not the Ritz Carlton but it's pleasant enough for a short stay.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Poor"
Arrived at 6pm, can't check in , no power only at La quinta...was dark. Wait outside for 4 hrs. Got our room but was smoking room requested for another room was the same smells cigarettes. Very disappointed
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Ismed
"Needs update"
-room and hallways´ carpets needs to be replaced -elevator and bathroom need to be updated, painted, cleaned, etc.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Intl traveler
Too far from cruise ships, clean hotel. Check in was a little difficult as I had confirmed in morning for king bed, at check in only double available. After asking for discount for room switch, there was magically a king room available.
cc
"our one night stay..."
Friendly staff.room was clean and smelled fresh.nice hd television.free breakfast was decent.small pool area but ok.I would stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2014
david
"Getaway"
Great Location for a quick getaway!
3 night trip Nov 11, 2014
Desiree
"Don't expect non-smoking room even if you reserve"
We arrived at 11am but they didn't have a room available. Fine, that's normal. They knew that we had reserved 2 non-smoking rooms, and they told us that we'd be getting king beds and a fridge in our rooms. We told them we'd be back in the evening. When we returned, they put us in SMOKING rooms, and one of them didn't have a fridge, which we were counting on. When I complained, they said they wouldn't have any non-smoking rooms till the next morning, so we had to stay in the disgusting, stinky rooms that night, then pack up, put our suitcases in storage in the morning, and move into another room at night. The person from the day told us that she left a note for the night person to give us non-smoking rooms since we had arrived early. In the end, nobody cared. They said they give us some kind of compensation, but in the end they said they were sorry. To add insult to injury, there was a small cockroach in my room - disgusting.
3 night business trip Nov 8, 2014
Luis
"don't recommend this place"
I cannot recommend this place.It is not La Quinta Inn standard.The whole place is a bit shabby. Lots of seedy people in this place. Dogs in the hotel! Breakfast is a joke. Reception friendly and helpful, but that's it.
3 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"la quinta"
room was clean, staff was friendly and courteous....the hallway on the second floor had a moldy smell..if it wasn't for that it was a good stay.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2014
"Terrible!"
Although the front desk staff was friendly. The condition of the room was deplorable. Very dated, smelled, and worst of all there were tiny bugs everywhere. After less than 20 minutes, I returned to the front desk to receive a refund and leave. They said they could not offer a refund because they could not find the bugs (probably because I killed the ones I could). Refund or not I was pleased to leave. I booked a very nice room on the beach and could not have been more pleased.
1 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
"nice trip"
It was nice I just think they should have different breakfast menus other than that it was great
3 night romance trip Nov 5, 2014
"Tamarac Teardown"
The hotel is in an area filled with what appear to be office buildings yet there are no restaurants nearby The building is old and worn and in need of a make over. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The area was intimidating making us feel somewhat unsafe. The best thing was the price although on future trips to FL I will find another place to stat.
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
"the room was ok"
My stay was ok. It suit my purpose for the time. I didn't like the room for the price. That room should have been cheaper. Overall it we great.
1 night romance trip Oct 7, 2014
Tommy
"A Good Stay!"
I particularly liked the Continental Breakfast!
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Stephen
"2nd Visit...I'll be back"
Service was very welcoming and with a smile. Rooms clean and area safe.
3 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2014
"Ok"
Really need to get rid off the smoking patrons and loitering in the hallways. Ok place to stay on the cheap, just need to really curb a few things.
3 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2014
Nicole
"Just good for a nights stay..."
The breakfast provided by the hotel was terrible...boiled eggs,cold bagels and pancakes...thats it with coffee and oj ...the room that i stayed in had a roach problem.and only one person was at the front desk which made checking in last 45 minutes because a large group had checked in before me...
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
kevin
Decent hotel, problem with check in between hotel and hotels.com made a good two hour delay not sure who's fault that was but they accommodating to help me solve it.Hotel and room were clean and nice, bed was very comfortable.
2 night romance trip Oct 6, 2014
"My stay"
I felt the most comfortable in my room. The bed was great for me! I get the impression that some people may be living in the hotel?
2 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
Cindee
Staff was very friendly and helpful, not one complaint about the service, the room was clean. The lobby was very clean, breakfast was ok. Only complaint there would be the breakfast is served in such a small area and it becomes very crowded on weekends. The hotel is on a good central location and easy to find. I would stay there again, overall very pleasant and clean.
1 night romance trip Oct 8, 2014
Colin
"The Upside and the Downside of online bookings."
This was for my son and his girlfriend who are there and my son has a broken ankle and the staff were very accommodating and this is the second night I purchased for them- ad they have purchased two nights in between. Your website didn't recognize me on my second sign in- so I registered again. It would also be helpful if a person booking the room were able to make a deposit and the party who were intending to be staying (as in this case)would be able to pay the balance in cash at the desk, as I would have been able to book all the days of their stay at one time.
1 night romance trip Oct 6, 2014
brenda
"it's ok"
It could have been better didn't like the condition of the looks of the room not clean for the price and then the security was right by the door sitting in a chair crazy lol
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
"Dont like this location"
My family did not like the hotel. The location, the people at the front desk, the breakfast.We lost our many there
1 night family trip Sep 10, 2014
Tomas
"Decent"
Two La Quintas across from each other. Inn fairly decent; both hotels hv simular style room setups. Check in time is quicker at 441 location. Check out time 12. Order in
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
Hotel Hoppers
"Felt as if I was staying in the ghetto!"
First of all, we requested a non-smoking room; but the room we were given smelt of smoke. The desk clerk was very accommodating in that aspect. Later that night, I went downstairs to request an additional face towel, but the (same) desk clerk was unable to assist because he was "too busy" dealing with other things, so he couldn't leave the front desk to go to the laundry room. We were charged for three persons staying in the room but were continually only being given towels for two persons. We were always requesting additional towels for our one week stay. It was a disappointing experience!
Other trip Aug 27, 2014