All hotels in Tamarac, Florida, United States of America
3800 W Commercial Blvd, Tamarac, FL, 33309, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

2.9
"Reasonable rates for a good stay."
Good to stay a couple of days on business only.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
"poor experience"
When we checked in we were informed that the only room left was a smoking room. Also when the front desk clerk ran my card he told me it was declined. Only after I gave him another card did he inform me that it had been declined, not by the credit company, but because he had the wrong amount for the room charge. The second card was run with the right amount. This was rather disconcerting. The room itself was dirty; the window coverings had burn holes. We tried to call the front desk to order an additional blanket and some towels, but the room phone was defective and the front desk could not hear us. I tried to call the front desk using my cell phone and the phone number on the face plate of the room phone, but that was a nonworking number. I later found a note from the hotel manager with the current phone number. The front desk clerk did come to the room after receiving several inside calls and unable to hear from our end. In response to our request for an additional blanket he informed us there were none and offered to bring several sheets. Based on this experience there is zero chance of our staying at this property again, and the likelihood of our staying at another La Quinta is significantly reduced from what it was before this stay.
"Great Hotel!"
Enjoyed my stay! Good area, room lobby and grounds were all very clean! Good breakfast no loud noises, would recommend this hotel!
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Danny
"Nice place for pilots near FXE"
I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last 2 years, due to it's location (near the Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport), the fair price of the rooms, and the quality of the rooms (cleanliness, odor-free, and comfort of bed). After reading several recent reviews, I almost did not book this hotel for this trip, but decided to base my decision on past experiences. I wasn't disappointed. The staff was very accommodating to provide a room away from smoking areas, and away from usual hotel noises (elevators, stairs, etc.) The room was clean, quiet, and odor free. Everything worked properly. The bed was extremely comfortable, and compared to those at high-end hotels. I slept extremely well! I did not take advantage of the free breakfast (had to leave before 6am each day) but have enjoyed their free meal in the past. Like most hotels, it's best to avoid the times of congestion for things like that. The only 2 complaints I have was the designer-style curtains were not designed to be closed or cover the window, only the sheer blocked incoming light. And the second night some inconsiderate guests decided to have a loud discussion in the hallway between 2:00 and 2:30 am. Overall I was extremely happy with my decision, and thankful to get some great sleep while out of town on business. I would definitely stay here again, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this location to others. I would rate this hotel a solid 4+, based on all my experiences combined at this location.
2 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
"Not safe location"
Expedia will not allow me to go into detail about this hotel. Hopefully this will be allowed. If your looking for a safe hotel in a safe area you better keep looking.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"Area hotel is in is on the edge of sketchy"
Hotel fine, no business computer/printer to print boarding pass on but front desk printed it for us
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Pete
"Way too expensive."
Smells like cigarettes. Needs a major update. Bed was comfy. Elevator was scary! Dirty and old.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
jayanne
"OK - Good and Not so Good"
The place was adequate. The furnishings were plain but cheap. The TV was fine as was the microwave and small refrigerator. The bathroom was not furnished with shampoo except for one night (I was there three.) No lotions or decent soap. Lots of towels but rough. The bed was a king and very comfortable with plenty of pillows - the best part of the room! Some people seemed very sketchy and neighborhood was all commercial. Good room rate.
3 night family trip Jan 12, 2015
olive
"Not what I expected"
The hotel looks very old. The first room we had the AC wasn't working. If you walked on the carpet barefooted your feet got black. The hotel needs to be updated. Carpets needs a lot of care.
2 night family trip Jan 12, 2015
Roberta
""Okay""
We stayed two nights here, it was "okay". The staff was friendly but the condition of the building appeared slightly run down. The elevator especially had dirty floors and scuff marks all over. My other complaint would be that the thin walls allowed the noise of the maids vaccum cleaner to wake us at 7-7:30 am! Wouldn't recommend this place if you'll be spending a lot of your time there. Just a place to sleep, it was like I said "okay"
2 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Avoid this "hotel""
If you enjoy placing all the towels in the room on the floor to make a path to and from the bathroom because the carpet is so disgusting, then this is the hotel for you. If you enjoy having to use one of your personal t-shirts as a pillowcase because the ones in the room are soaked with the cheapest male body spray money can buy, then this is the hotel for you. If you like watching TV at an angle because the flat screen in your room is broken and tilted, then this is the hotel for you. I've stayed in many hotels in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area, and this one was by far the worst. If this is your only option, I'd suggest sleeping in your vehicle.
1 night business trip Jan 10, 2015
Kyle
"Friendly service"
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall, the hotel has a stale/smoky smell to it. It is probably the carpets. They keep the hotel clean, but once a smell gets into carpeting it is hard to get it out.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Nice surprise! Room very clean and quiet."
Young lady at front desk Nikita very plesant and helpful. Room very spacious and clean. Very quiet hotel that was full but you could not tell. Only down side was the overnight person. I had to wait 2-3 minutes before he came to the desk because he was in the back talking to someone about his favorite music. Kind of rushed me away so he could continue Other than that great hotel experience!
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
happy stay!
"A busy location needing some refreshing touches."
Our family of 5 stayed here prior to a Fort Lauderdale cruise departure. We searched the region for affordable rooms because we had to book a room only one week prior to our stay a the the LaQuinta. This hotel was affordable for the region, but the accommodations are tired and shabby. The morning breakfast with was so crowded we could not eat in the dining area. The menu was starchy and the room was worn and hard for hotel staff to maintain due to the volume of guests.The staff were hard working and pleasant. The hotel has an international flare, but the accommodations don'the celebrate this diversity.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Yeimi
"OK"
Ok
1 night trip Jan 4, 2015
"convenient location, but a large renovation needs"
chaotic sometimes at breakfast.
2 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
Ulf
"No sleep"
I had a bad night of sleep. The window blind didn't close all the way (it was set up that way), so all the light from the parking lot made it in the room. The A/C unit was very loud and u couldn't find a comfortable pillow. The room I must say was very clean.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2014
poor hotel condition terrible smell everthing are in bad condition
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Too basic. Terrible breakfast"
Not happy. Rooms too small. Only one babies´ crib for the whole hotel
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Minor
"Horrible stay"
The rooms had a horrible horrible stench
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"only out of necessity. no other rooms available."
Room very musty.A/C noisy and didn't work well the first night.Security door to back of hotel was broken and stood ajar all night. Staff friendly and helpful. Hotel in desperate need of upgrading to merit rates.
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Bad stay"
Booked and reserved 2 non smoking rooms 3 weeks before our stay and when we went to check in, non smoking rooms were no longer available and the hotel made no attempt to work with us for the screw up
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"happy client"
It was great for a weekend stay. Good and friendly service
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Lorena
"LA QUINTA TAMARAC"
Stayed one night at this hotel.Have stayed at other La Quinta hotels but this location was the worst. Hotel needs to be modernized.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Would stay there again and recommend!!"
Good place to stay a couple of days on business.
1 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
Adilson
"It was close to our destination."
The rugs smelled so bad, in the hallway and the room. The bath tub was dirty, not laundry bag, the beds didn't have quilts just sheet. The elevator very dirty. In conclusion the hotel was sucks, it's the worse hotel I had been ever. I don't recommend to nobody stay at that hotel. .
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
jackie
"Needs updating....better towels, soap, lotion"
just ok ive stayed at much nicer and fresher looking la quintas
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Good for the price!! Recommend!!"
Friendly staff- good location. Price is reasonable. Will stay again on next trip.
1 night business trip Dec 16, 2014
Adilson
The room was fine. But the surrounding makes us feel it's not safe to stay there.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"They made me feel at home!"
My wife and I had a wonderful time at this hotel. They accomodated us in every way they could. There free breakfast area was also very nice. I would definitely stay there aain.
4 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
Jaime
"Color of Cancer trip"
In town for an event, service was good, wanted a non-smoking room but they didn't have one.Just think if you have never smoked before.
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2014
"Cozy and clean"
Me and my boyfriend really enjoyed our stay but the room was tiny and tv was too. Other than that it was perfect :)
1 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
"Motel not hotel"
Thought I was booking a different hotel. Didn't feel safe. Should be called a motel not a hotel. Was ok clean but still had the feeling that I didn't want to touch anything. Breakfast was a joke. Desk clerk was nice.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
"will not stay here again"
It was ok stay they didn't clean our room and I complained but nothing was done about it except they gave me new towels and sheets. I thought the point that of a stay I. Hotel is some one is to do that for me. The neighborhood not that great. Staff was ok but manager was not able to accommodate for not cleaning our room. Doors that are suppose to be locked were not handles broken off some emergency exit door. Ho w nice. I will not stay here again
3 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time until the last two days. The second to last day the electricity went while I was in the shower and my girlfriend was ironing our clothes to go out for dinner that night and when we got back to the hotel in the early morning and was in the shower the water went. We had to change room that day. When I went to the front desk to check out the front desk agent was very nasty (His name is Kerry), another agent realized his nastiness and had to assist me at the end.
5 night romance trip Nov 19, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
Just looking for a place for the night. Kevin at the front desk was super pleasant and helpful. The hotel was clean and comfortable, breakfast was ok and the neighborhood was fine and had plenty of dinner options.
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2014
Louis
"Nice hotel for inexpensive stay"
We stayed for a week. The carpet of the first room we were given reeked of stale urine and the room and entire 2nd floor smelled musty. We were given another room that was much better thank god. The staff was polite and friendly. The environment safe. Overall it's a great place to stay if you are on a low budget but are still seeking something comfortable and safe. What can I say, It's not the Ritz Carlton but it's pleasant enough for a short stay.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Poor"
Arrived at 6pm, can't check in , no power only at La quinta...was dark. Wait outside for 4 hrs. Got our room but was smoking room requested for another room was the same smells cigarettes. Very disappointed
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Ismed
"Needs update"
-room and hallways´ carpets needs to be replaced -elevator and bathroom need to be updated, painted, cleaned, etc.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Intl traveler
Too far from cruise ships, clean hotel. Check in was a little difficult as I had confirmed in morning for king bed, at check in only double available. After asking for discount for room switch, there was magically a king room available.
cc
"our one night stay..."
Friendly staff.room was clean and smelled fresh.nice hd television.free breakfast was decent.small pool area but ok.I would stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2014
david
"Getaway"
Great Location for a quick getaway!
3 night trip Nov 11, 2014
Desiree
"Don't expect non-smoking room even if you reserve"
We arrived at 11am but they didn't have a room available. Fine, that's normal. They knew that we had reserved 2 non-smoking rooms, and they told us that we'd be getting king beds and a fridge in our rooms. We told them we'd be back in the evening. When we returned, they put us in SMOKING rooms, and one of them didn't have a fridge, which we were counting on. When I complained, they said they wouldn't have any non-smoking rooms till the next morning, so we had to stay in the disgusting, stinky rooms that night, then pack up, put our suitcases in storage in the morning, and move into another room at night. The person from the day told us that she left a note for the night person to give us non-smoking rooms since we had arrived early. In the end, nobody cared. They said they give us some kind of compensation, but in the end they said they were sorry. To add insult to injury, there was a small cockroach in my room - disgusting.
3 night business trip Nov 8, 2014
Luis
"don't recommend this place"
I cannot recommend this place.It is not La Quinta Inn standard.The whole place is a bit shabby. Lots of seedy people in this place. Dogs in the hotel! Breakfast is a joke. Reception friendly and helpful, but that's it.
3 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"la quinta"
room was clean, staff was friendly and courteous....the hallway on the second floor had a moldy smell..if it wasn't for that it was a good stay.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2014
"Terrible!"
Although the front desk staff was friendly. The condition of the room was deplorable. Very dated, smelled, and worst of all there were tiny bugs everywhere. After less than 20 minutes, I returned to the front desk to receive a refund and leave. They said they could not offer a refund because they could not find the bugs (probably because I killed the ones I could). Refund or not I was pleased to leave. I booked a very nice room on the beach and could not have been more pleased.
1 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
"nice trip"
It was nice I just think they should have different breakfast menus other than that it was great
3 night romance trip Nov 5, 2014
"Tamarac Teardown"
The hotel is in an area filled with what appear to be office buildings yet there are no restaurants nearby The building is old and worn and in need of a make over. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The area was intimidating making us feel somewhat unsafe. The best thing was the price although on future trips to FL I will find another place to stat.
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
"the room was ok"
My stay was ok. It suit my purpose for the time. I didn't like the room for the price. That room should have been cheaper. Overall it we great.
1 night romance trip Oct 7, 2014