All hotels in Elizabeth, New Jersey, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here100 Glimcher Realty Way, Elizabeth, NJ, 07201, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9401

"Good hotel near newark for reasonable price."
I was working till late and needed somewhere to stay that wasnt too far from work. It filled the need and was perfect for a quick stay.
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
Tiffani
"Cleanliness poor"
Very poor cleanliness. When asked to have mold in bathroom cleaned we were told it was taken care of and it wasnt.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of your room, including the bathroom cleanliness. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
"Great spot, getting needed upgrades."
Overnight stay from Newark Airport. Hotel staff was great, very nice and helpful. Hotel is older but signage indicated renovations were underway. Room was clean, just worn out. I would stay there again for sure.
1 night romance trip Nov 4, 2014
Emily
The hotel was wonderful. We got a King Spa room thay was big and very comgortable.
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
"Needs updating"
Good location as we wanted to shop at the outlet mall across street...good rate but definately enough as in real need of updating........would not recommend this hotel and would rate it as a 2
3 night family trip Oct 28, 2014
doreen
"old and cozy"
Cozy, but old. Sofa bed was broken.
3 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
"Nice hotel. Close to mall, IHOP , etc. Nice room."
Love the location. Decent amenities. Breakfast it a plus.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Gina
"Newark Airport Country Inn"
Good hotel for business travel-- very close to Newark Airport, planes easy to hear. Nearby Red Rooster but car needed to go anyplace more fancy to eat.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
"Good hotel situated close to Newark airport"
For one night, this was a fine hotel. Everything was okay, room was clean and comfortable and that's what counts. I did hate that I had to pay $10 for parking though. That sucked.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Chelsea
"comfortable stay"
I recommend this hotel and for myself I will go back to this hotel if I visit the area again. Breakfast-excellent-hot dish menu changes everyday from egg and bacon to chicken patties (real white meat). Must try the waffles-fairly light, wake you up with strawberry and whip cream topped the waffles. Oatmeal and yogurt with toppings are always there if you want a healthier version, accompanied with fruits-apple, orange and banana. Coffee and tea are served in the dinning room and the lobby every morning. This staff clean up the tables as soon as the patrons leave so there are always seats even this hotels serves quite a number of tourists visiting U.S. Staff- friendly and helpful. Shuttle-I rode with the shuttle to the airport to connect to other means of transportation to New York City besides I caught the shuttle to the hotel when I first arrived. Room- adequate space with iron board, coffee maker and toiletries Happy with the stay.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
GG
"Layover Stay"
My stay at this hotel was very nice. The hotel staff were very accommodating and helpful. There is an outlet, Ruby Tuesday and an iHOP all within walking distance. The hotel could definitely use some upgrading. The elevators were very outdated and could use a good cleaning. The breakfast was ok, it did the job and keep the air out of my stomach for the short term. The rooms were good although the water in the bathtub backed up so badly I could have taken a bath. Since we were only staying for one day, it wasn't a major problem for me. I meant to report it when we checked out, but I forgot. The shuttle from and to the airport was very good; however, it is not a very big shuttle which caused some unhappy customers trying to get to the hotel and other people who didn't have bags jumped on the shuttle without considering the people who were travelling with bags. That was every in considering since the people who were left behind had children. All in all, it is a good hotel for a quick stay.
2 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Sandra
"Fine overnight @ airport"
Shuttle to and from hotel excellent, every 30 minutes. Room and breakfast fine. Two restaurants next door (IHOP & Ruby Tuesday. Just saying overnight, so it met our needs. Disappointed we could not extend check-out to 3 p.m.
1 night romance trip Oct 22, 2014
VIRGINIA
"great value"
Great value. Convenient location near enough the Newark airport.
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
"Convenient location"
It was a comfortable hotel for a 1 night stay. Very well located from the airport and cruise terminal There is a free shuttle from the airport and transportation to the cruise terminal. The buffet breakfast was nice.
1 night romance trip Sep 22, 2014
Elaine
"Met our expectations"
We needed a quiet, clean and comfortable hotel for an overnight stay while traveling. We got a good night's sleep and the shuttle service was reliable. We had to catch an early morning flight, so we missed the complimentary breakfast. We were given a breakfast to go in a bag which we greatly appreciated. I would stay here again if in the area.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
"needs improvement"
The toilet continuously made squeaking noises each time it was flushed. I wasn't excited about my overall stay.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
anon
"Just OK"
Hotel undergoing renovation...adequate stop pre-cruise. Needed GPS to get anywhere around the area because the highways are so confusing.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Susan from Texas
Great stay and great breakfast. This hotel was very convenient to the airport. Wish we were there long to enjoy the area more.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
sharon
"Nice Hotel close to airport and shopping"
The hotel is a little old. Had a little problem with both elevators. However, the location is very nice. Close to airport and you can still walk to nice shopping and dinning places.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Leo
"Chill & Cozy"
I come here alot on my off days and relax alone or with my bestfriend and we relax in the jacuzzi :) Customer service is on Point! I love them..
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Kiara, Thank you very much for your review. We are very grateful to know that we have continuously provided you with the a great way accommodations of your off days. We will work on maintaining the quality of services and accommodation that you deserve for giving us the opportunity of providing your accommodation needs.
1 night romance trip Sep 16, 2014
Kiara
"Convenient location"
Unfortunately, the front desk staff was very unfriendly--first impression. The hotel was very crowded and the breakfast area could not accomodate that many people-nor could the staff keep up restocking the food. The rooms were comfortable but not as clean as I would like. There should never be hair in the tub if the room was just cleaned.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Miss Laurie, It is disheartening that we failed to meet your exacting preference during your recent stay. I can assure you that your concerns about the quality of customer service as well as the clean in your room will not go unnoticed as we use our guests’ feedback as reference to make necessary improvement/s to serve you better. I hope we could have a chance to make up for our shortcomings. We will make certain you will have a better experience on your next visit. Thank you for your business.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Laurie
"Parking Fee: $10"
This place is in the middle of nowhere, which is fine, but they charge for parking, which is not fine. I searched for hotels that had free parking because I know some other ones in the area do as well. I came up with this location and was surprised, along with another set of travelers I encountered, by the parking fee.
1 night family trip Sep 14, 2014
good to stay when arriving later to airport
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm glad that you enjoyed staying with us during your later arrival and that were able to give you a comfortable and restful experience. We look forward to seeing you again!
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
They gave us a wrong room and when told them to change it, they said that is not possible in a disrespectful way. Next time we'll stay across the street at Marriott Inn @ Suites.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am terribly sorry to hear that you encountered such an inconvenient obstacle during your stay with us and that we were unable to address the situation to your satisfaction. I am especially sorry to hear that we failed to make an impression with our high standards of hospitality and service. I do hope that you'll someday return to see how we continue to improve upon the guest experience in our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your review.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
"Best experience in newark"
Nothing but good things to say about this hotel. I stayed in 4 hotel during my trip to new york and this is by far the best hotel experience our family had. Free breakfast, wifi, printer and parking.. the staff is very friendly and helpful. No hassles at all, food and shopping is right across the street. My son goes to St John's Univ. So i will stay in this hotel everytime I fly in from L.A.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! It's rewarding to learn that we exceeded your expectations with the accommodations, hospitality and cleanliness of our guest rooms. Thank you for writing this review. We look forward to seeing you again!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Hugo
Everything about the hotel was good -- location, cleanliness, service, price. The only two issues I had were that the breakfast wasn't the best (but there's enough choices that you can find something to eat); and the hotel is a little dated. To me those aren't deal breakers, so I'd definitely stay there again.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Thank you so much for your compliments, rating and review of our high housekeeping and hospitality standards. We are glad your stay was comfortable and we look forward to your next visit!
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Always great!"
Very pleasant overall. The rooms were very spacious, you can watch the planes come in yet do not hear them! Staff are all friendly and they have a shuttle bus that will take you to the airport where you can catch a ride on the bus to NYC. So much easier than driving in yourself!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Thank you for sharing your experience. It means a lot to hear from our satisfied guests and we hope to see you again very soon!
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Laurie
good experience with employees great attention fair cleanness
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Thank you for your compliments to our staff and for giving us a chance to recognize their efforts in making you feel at home. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Good hotel I'll come back again"
Good breakfast, great location just across the street of the mall, good service (staff). Van to the airport is not very clean.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
I am so glad to hear from you and to discover that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Thank you for this thorough and insightful review.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Lissette
"Perfect....."
Got in way too early but was able to leave bags (free) & take the 2 min. walk to ihop or u can take the 5 min. walk to the Outlet Mall across the road. Breakfast room was packed but they had a good selection....wish i cud have stayed longer.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you have rated our hospitality and accommodations so highly! I'm glad that our services, hospitality, and accommodations exceeded your expectations and hope that you experience the same comfortable stay during your next visit!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Nic
"short getaway but worthwhile"
Hotel staffs definitely made my stay comfortable. Helpful with directions, attractions advise, the complementary breakfast had a decent selection of choices, for people who enjoy shopping or travelers who simply forgotten stuff one might need in a vacation (like me) then location is good as thè outlets is close.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
I can't tell you how nice it is to hear from you and to learn of your positive experience at our hotel! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet and accommodate all of your needs. We look forward to your next visit!
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
lucy
"Not a great option near EWR"
This is one of the cheaper hotels near Newark Airport so don't expect too much. Rooms are acceptable but breakfast experience is dreadful. Very close to Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so sorry that you didn't enjoy our breakfast, though I'm glad we were able to meet the majority of your expectations. We hope to see you again!
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Wilk
"Good Stay"
Its a good hotel, walking distance to the Outlet Collection mall, breakfast was good just a little overcrowded shuttle runs every 30 min without delays, will stay again
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you plan to stay again! We thank you for sharing this review and look forward to your next visit!
2 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
"Hot"
The AC did not work in the room we stayed, and the beds were very hard
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
I am terribly sorry to hear of the inconvenience regarding your AC! I am equally sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our mattresses and that your stay could have been greatly improved upon! I do want to thank you for taking the time to share so that we can benefit from your experience.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
Kimberly
"Very nice stay"
Really liked that 2 restaurants were across the parking lot! Staff very friendly!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Your kind review and compliments to our staff are greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"Lovely hotel at a convenient location"
Good experience. Breakfast area was relatively small compared to the number of rooms but the food was fine. Room was very comfortable and the hotel is very close (within walking distance) to dining options so great for a business traveller like me.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed such a convenient and comfortable stay with us and we can't wait to see you again!
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Anindo
"Sub Par"
Pretty beat up, my shower did not work. Hallways deteriorated. Breakfast area had no seating and offerings were meager at best, not to mention unhealthy.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations of accommodations and services. We hope that you will return to see how we continue to improve upon the guest experience.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
Geo
BEST HOTEL I'VE STAYED IN SO FAR.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
I'm so glad to hear our hotel described with such complimentary enthusiasm! It means a lot to us that you've shared your experience and we look forward to serving you in the future!
2 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2014
DAVID
"close to a good shopping mall"
a great and convenient place to stay during a trip to NYC
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and have taken the time to share this experience. We hope to see you again soon and we thank you for your review!
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
Victor
"Good for an overnight to pick up a flight"
Everything was as one would expect for this type of hotel. The only drawback was confusion and long lines at breakfast. The room is not larger enough and there were long lines at each station.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry that you did not enjoy everything about your stay, but I'm glad that we were able to meet most of your expectations. Your insight will help us in responding to guest inconveniences and improving upon the overall experience at our hotel.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
"Satisfying for exhausted travelers"
Easy to find. Directly next to a Ruby Tuesday restaurant, which was great. We were exhausted from 2 weeks travel and a long series of flights from Europe, so being able to walk next door for a good meal was really an asset. The room was a large and comfortable suite, although it seemed like each light had to be turned on/off at the light rather than through wall switch. No real problem, but a minor aggravation. Although it is close to the airport and flights could be heard taking off and landing, we were so tired that we slept well anyway. The noise was really not a problem. For light sleepers, it could be troublesome. The temperature of the room did not correspond with the temperature we would have liked, and it was not easy to change. The housekeeping staff had only stocked the coffee maker with decaf coffee--no regular! That was aggravating, but the breakfast was plentiful and offered good choices. There was coffee right off the lobby as well as in the breakfast room. There were good fresh cookies offered at check-in. The desk clerk was helpful, but the breakfast area attendant was not friendly. He seemed uncomfortable and had a brooding appearance.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
It is wonderful to hear from you and to learn that you had such a pleasant experience at our hotel! I am glad that you enjoyed almost everything about your stay and your comments for how we can improve are equally appreciated. Thank you so much for this review. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Joel
The room was incomplete nd NOTHING Like the pictures. The room was very small. The pool area was nice nd my little ones enjoyed it..
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Thank you for complimenting our pool area! I am very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with our accommodations and I hope you'll return as we are continuously improving to enhance the guest experience.
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
"GREAT HOTEL!"
We stayed five nights at the Country Inn & Suites and the room was very nice, clean, and comfortable. The hot breakfast each morning was delicious and there was a variety of food to select from. The beds were comfortable, clean, and attractive. We especially enjoyed having a refrigerator & microwave in the room as some hotels do not provide that convenience.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
It means a lot to us that you've taken the time to share the many positive features of your most recent stay with us. We can't wait to see you again and thank you for writing this review!
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Loretta
"Overall nice stay but..."
My overall stay was nice however there were a few things that were disappointing. We spent 5 days there and three of the five days we had to get our door card keys activated at the front desk. Quiet irritating after you reach your room then have to catch the elevator downstairs and sometimes wait in line for the nice staff at front desk to activate your card. Next, the food looked nothing like the picture of the selection shown on the the web site but if you it cereal , toasted breads or waffles for breakfast then the selection is sufficient.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
I am so glad that you enjoyed the majority of your stay though I apologize for the inconveniences that you did experience. I hope your next stay will be even more enjoyable. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
3 Day business trip. Excellent staff and customer service. Rooms were clean but the fridge, microwave and fixtures needed updating. Worst of it was a cheap loose plastic toilet seat. Beds and furniture were very comfy. Good location near a nice restaurant and a mall just outside of the airport. I will stay there again.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Your compliments and your comments for areas where we can improve are equally appreciated and we look forward to serving you again!
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Greg
"Friendly Staff"
Hotel was okay, but definitely needs to be remodeled. Carpets need to be replaced and hotel needs a general update. The mattresses were good, but the sheets did not fit very well. The hotel staff were very nice and helpful. The location was close to the airport and they had a good shuttle service. The rooms were clean.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to provide an exceptional and memorable experience for every guest.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Deb
"Clean, friendly, convenient and breakfast"
This was the perfect lay over hotel. There were even lots of flight staff staying too. The room was spacious clean and updated. Breakfast was free and easy.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
It's good to hear from you and we greatly appreciate that you've taken the time to share your five star review! It is always our ambition to give you a one of a kind memorable experience. I am thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again!
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Theresa
"This hotel needs renovation. Staff were friendly.m"
Average Shuttle never even stopped first time and we had to wait an additional 1/2 hour at airport. Driver claimed he had waited 5 min but we were there watching him drive right on thru.....
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
I am so sorry that the driver did not stop for you! I appreciate your compliments to our staff and your suggestions for improvements. We thank you for this review and hope to see you again, soon.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Dee
"Okay Hotel; there is no more to add!"
Hotel not as good as Newport News, VA; no more to add!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Scoe
"Pretty terrible, not what I expected"
The hotel is old and run down. Management did not take of it at all, showed in many details, the TV was still analog (we dun watch), the alarm clock was hours off (we had our phones), the hair dryer looked like it had been collecting dust for decades (lucky i dun use hair dryer), there were only one cup or tea/coffee, but matters not since the coffee maker was rusty...There was tea/coffee in hotel lobby but barely any hot water came out. I have stayed in many motel 6/ Super 8 type of place, all much better than this place. For $165 paid, I highly advice travelers to stay away from this establishment.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
It is good to hear from you, though I am very sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy the service, accommodations, and hospitality that we hold to such a high degree of importance in our hotel. The issues that you encountered are certainly unacceptable and I thank you for bringing these matters to our attention.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014