All hotels in Elizabeth, New Jersey, United States of America
100 International Blvd., Elizabeth, NJ, 07201, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9401

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Breakfast is average
    Regular internet service
    Room is all right
Pool room had extremely too much Clorox
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Dear Guest, I am glad that we have met your satisfaction during your stay. Please know that we value your business. Your satisfaction is very important to us. Please call our attention if you need assistance on your next visit.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
"Special Request"
We requested that a framed photo of David Hasselhoff be on the nightstand. They provided an UNFRAMED photocopy. Pretty good, all things considered, but not exactly what we asked for. B+ Kidding of course, these guys were awesome. Great pool, very helpful airport shuttle driver, and right across from the mall, too. Will definitely stay here again.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Samuel, Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit here at our hotel. We are pleased that we have earned your perfect rating and posted such kind remarks on our effort to ensure you will enjoy your visit in our hotel. we hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Samuel
"eff you guys"
Hotel stay was bad did not like the rooms will never stay there ever again eff you guys
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"Hotel is almost rundown..needs TC."
Expedia should have full disclosure..on this property. Rooms are in very poor condition and does not match with pictures on Expedia.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience this must have caused you. We will see what we can do to avoid such incident from ever happening again. We take this positively and we are inspired to continue on improving for your convenience and satisfaction. We want to make sure that you and all our guests get their money’s worth and even more. We enjoy serving you. Thank you for choosing our establishment. Have a pleasant day.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
"Nice stay near airport"
Hotel was conveniently located near the airport so was used as a place to rest before returning home. Rooms were extremely comfortable. Airport shuttle allowed my party to take separate trips and preventing anyone from sitting at the airport for hours. Only downside was having to pay for parking.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Michael, Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I am pleased that we have completely provided your lodging needs during your stay. Knowing that we have met your complete satisfaction is an accomplishment for our team. Your business is valuable to us. we hope to see you again. Thank you for your business.
1 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2015
"Hotel furnitures are outdated and beds are soggy."
Our stay is not that great because the furnitures and beds are out dated. I will never go back to this hotel.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience this must have caused you. We will see what we can do to improve for your satisfaction and convenience. We aim to provide you and all our guests the best quality customer experience you all deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us. Again, we sincerely apologize. Thank you for choosing our establishment. Have a pleasant day.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
"Not Clean"
The room smelled old and moldy. the furniture was very dusty. The shower had mold and the drain was clogged. Taking a shower ended in wading in water 6 inches deep. There were several strands of long brown hair between the sheets.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Dear Guest, It is disheartening that your recent stay with us was not an altogether comfortable experience. Please know that our team take our guests feedback seriously. It is just unfortunate that we are unable to track your stay at our hotel to verify what took place in the room you were accommodated because of the limited information in your review. Nonetheless, your feedback will be used as reference. Allow us to serve you better on your your next trip to this area.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2015
"Stay at the nearby competition"
I usually stay at the Marriott hotels in the area. And I told the nice front desk agent this. And he said to me, "well, the competition doesn't offer a free breakfast" (which isn't really free since the room rates are way too high for this hotel). Whatever. So, ignoring the dirty elevators, the room wasn't that bad. I'm happy that the bathroom was clean. I thought the room was supposed to have a mini refrigerator, but that was non existent. The staff was pleasant enough, no complaints there. Guest need to realize that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. So, upon checkout, I noticed some extra charges on my bill. When I questioned it, apparently the hotel charges by the day, for holding packages that you send there. What!!!??? I told the front desk agent that I have stayed in 5 star and higher luxury hotels and I've never been charged by any of them to hold my packages. I further said that it was utterly ridiculous! He agreed and gave me the manager's card because she wasn't around to speak with when I was checking out. Overall, if you just need a bed to lie in after you shop, this is the place for you. I, however, will NEVER stay at this hotel again!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello BDA Beauty, Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience this must have caused you. We will see what we can do to avoid such incident from ever happening again. We aim to provide you and all our guests the best quality experience you all deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us. Thank you for informing us about the issue so we can continue to improve for you and all our guests’ convenience and satisfaction. Again, we sincerely apologize. Have a pleasant day.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
BDABeauty
All went well except we didn't have a refrigerator in the room.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello ECT, Thank you very much for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will see what we can do about the issue so to make sure you and all our guests would be happy and satisfied the next time you visit. We want to make sure that you all get your money’s worth and even more. Thank you for choosing our establishment. We are looking forward to your next stay. Cheers and have a great day.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
ECT
"Skip this place"
Bad. After paying a large amount for a mediocre hotel they charged a separate $10 to park in their parking lot. Per day!!!! The hotel was full and they tout a continental breakfast. There was one chafing dish and no service staff. People were just in a mad rush pushing to get to the breakfast
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Katharine, I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Your detailed review will be submitted to our management for evaluation. Trust that they will look into your concern very carefully and address appropriately. Thank you for your business.
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Katharine
The breakfast room was over crowded and as a result I couldn't eat there was no food left by 8:45 am.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Mirna, Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience this must have caused you. We will see what we can do to avoid such incident from ever happening again. Your satisfaction is very important to us. Again, we sincerely apologize. Thank you for choosing our establishment. Have a pleasant day.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Mirna
"Failure to clean the room then clean me out!!!"
My stay the first day was great & breakfast was excellent. When I left to go to my granddaughters graduation the room wasn't clean then I when to eat & came back the room still wasn't clean then I took my grands swimming still not clean ordered in ate & went to bed THE ROOM NEVER GOT CLEANED.the next day I went out & i got back at 11am the room was cleaned I was locked out & ALL my things were removed from the room (check out is at noon) I was not a very happy
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Martha, We thank you for the opportunity to serve you here at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson. Truly glad that you had an excellent time with us and We hope to have another opportunity to serve you breakfast on your next trip.
2 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Martha
"Reasonable"
It took a while for the hotel shuttle bus to pick up. There is no direct phone to dial for this hotel at the EWR P4 station. The night shift driver to the hotel is not that polite or pleasant. I am disappointed that the hotel charged a FedEx package. However, the price was OK for this type hotel.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Dear Guest, I am pleased that you find our hotel reasonable priced. I regret that you were not entirely pleased with the services you received. I will submit your feedback to management, Trust that we will do our best to make your next visit a better experience. Thank you for your business.
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
"Great Location!"
Stay overnight for a cruise. Love the location, near Mall and dining options. Love watching the planes fly overhead.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Stephan , Thank you for the excellent rating! Our team truly appreciate your feedback and for letting us know that we have met your satisfaction. Trust that we will continue to provide the best quality accommodation the best we could as you deserve nothing less for giving us your business. We hope to see you again
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Stephan
It was a pleasant stay and the facility was clean and comfortable. The staff friendly and helpful
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We aim to provide you and all our guests the best quality customer experience you all deserve. We are honored to serve you. Thank you very much for choosing our establishment. We are looking forward to your next stay. Cheers and have a great day.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Very bad experience. the room we had very noise right next to the elevators. very poor breakfast service
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay, in regards to elevator noise and unsatisfactory breakfast service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
august
"Bad frig"
Checked in and found out that the frig wasn't working. Went and complained but the guy at the front desk said that their electrician guy already left. Over all, we had an Ok stay if it weren't for the bad frig.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Dear Guest, I sincerely apologize that your concern about the fridge was not handled appropriately by our staff. I will send report in reference to your feedback. Trust that our management will discuss matters such as this to our team so to avoid inconvenience to our guest. Thank you for your business.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Close to Airport and Mall, Good Stay"
Comfortable and homey lobby. Best part of the location, besides being a few minutes from the airport, is that you can walk across the street to massive shopping! There's also a full complimentary breakfast from fruits to waffles to cereals and yogurt, etc. Rooms were clean, but bathroom had a musty smell, seemed to come from the shower curtain, could use a few minor updates like faucets and other hardware. I'd stay here again.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Alison, Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding your most recent stay with us. It is our goal to provide value and homey experience to all of our guests. I regret however that the clean in the bathroom did not meet your approval, please do call our front desk on your next visit if you have concerns. They will send someone promptly to attend to you. Thank you for your business.
1 night trip with friends Jun 16, 2015
Alison
"Quick sleepover for a decent price."
After having delays in flights and being stuck (literally) the airtrain at 2:45am, it was frustrating to have to wait for our driver for half an hour. Arriving at the hotel was a much better experience. The front desk gentleman was cheerful and considerate, our room was tidy and had a comfortable bed to sleep in which is what we needed the most. There is an IHOP and Ruby Tuesday right next door and the hotel stored ourluggage so we could eat after it was check out time. Decent hotel for the price. If I had another short layover I would be glad to stay again. The only drawback was having to wait so long for the shuttle.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Andrea, I regret that your flight was delayed and it took a while before you were shuttled to our hotel. I am glad however that you were pleased with the quality of accommodation we have provided during your stay. Your comment on the shuttle service will be submitted to our management. This will be addressed accordingly.
1 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
Andrea
"Decent hotel for the bucks"
Booked a room here after departing the cruise in Bayonne. The staff was very kind and since I arrived earlier, they got me a room as quickly as they could. Hotel offers free Wi-fi..breakfast buffet and transfers to Newark airport! My only complaint was the thinness of the sheets..paper thin with a huge thick comforter. The room was somewhat dated but comfortable and had all the amenities that you could ask for. The hotel is being renovated but I would stay there again. All hotels near the airport have the risk of the flight patterns but this subsided after midnight. Easy walk to Ruby Tuesdays and IHOP. The Jersey Gardens Mall is across the street. There are 4 hotels on this street all nationally recognized. This was the least expensive hotel with the amenities for the overnight stay.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Mark, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! Your comment on the sheets will be submitted for evaluation, trust that management will look into this matter, our guests’ comfort is very important to us. Comments from guests are used as reference to help us determine the areas we need to improve to serve our guests better. We hope to see you again. Thank you for your business.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2015
"Close to EWR"
Good shuttle service-lots of nearby motels and a Ruby Tuesday-
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello David, Thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites. We appreciate your time in completing the survey for our hotel and for the positive rating you posted for us. It will always be a pleasure having you to visit us.
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
david
"Close to airport."
Everything was great. Didn't like the parking charge.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Tony, I regret that you disapprove of the implementing parking fee. Please know that we appreciate comments from our guests and we submit it to management for evaluation. Trust that they will look into your review carefully. Thank you for your business.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
Anthony
"Inside hotel is in need of a remodel..."
Bed was very uncomfortable. (Had difficulty sleeping - likely same mattress from date hotel opened to public)...need to replace mattress.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
We are sorry to hear you did not have a good night’s sleep due to the comfort of your bed. We know a good night’s rest is very important. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and we hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
mike from FL
"NYC-NJ Trip"
The hotel was clean and comfortable. The hot breakfast was good and the staff were friendly and able to assist our needs. It was conveniently located to what we intended to do during our stay for over a week. Our family would definitely stay at this hotel during our next visit.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Madonna, Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience when you visited our hotel. I am pleased that you were satisfied with the clean, comfort as well as breakfast served. We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again!
4 night family trip May 30, 2015
Madonna
"stranded"
Comfortable night after a long day and two cancelled flights
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello John, I am glad that you were comfortable during your stay at our hotel when your flight was cancelled, sorry to hear about your flight. Nonetheless, I am happy that we were able to please you with our services. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Newark.
1 night family trip May 31, 2015
john f
"OK.... if you want to hit the mall"
Rooms are poorly soundproofed and directly in the flight path. No earplugs available at front desk. Housekeeping was hammering on my door at 8 in the morning, even though checkout is at noon and I got in late. Breakfast OK but the breakfast room was loud and poorly laid out. The internet speed was good and a good selection of TV channels. Front desk people and shuttle drivers were very friendly. Overall, I'd rate it in the range of OK to not bad. You could find better in the area.
1 night trip with friends Jun 3, 2015
Overall moderate experience. Looks new building from outside but inside is not. Breakfast room needs better service and cleaning.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Dear Guest, Thank you for your candid comment. We welcome guests' reviews. Our management uses it as reference in monitoring the quality of service we have provided as well as your level of satisfaction. Allow us to serve you better in the future.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
"Stop over before cruise"
Hotel was ideal for the night before we left on our cruise. Easy to find. Clean and friendly
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Kenneth, Thank you for writing such a lovely review. I am very pleased to hear that the quality of clean and the services have met your satisfaction. We will do our best to make your next visit another great experience.
1 night family trip May 20, 2015
Kenneth
"excellent newark airport hotel"
outstanding staff
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Winston, Thank you for your commendation on the efficiency of our staff in ensuring that you have an excellent hotel experience as well as an outstanding staff service. I hope that we can continue to serve you again on your next visit to the area in the future.
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
winston
Complimentary breakfast could have been better
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your feedback. We are so pleased to hear that we could be able to give you with an exceptional accommodations. We appreciate your comments on our breakfast servings and we will surely forward it to our management for further evaluation. Trust that your satisfaction is our top priority here at Country Inn & Suites and we look forward to serving you with a truly 5 star experience.
3 night family trip May 23, 2015
"newark airport hotel-great staff"
outstanding staff. if you have to stay near the airport this hotel is great
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Winston, It is truly a delight to hear that we had provided you with a great experience here at Country Inn & Suites. Thank you for your review and for your praises on our staff. I will certainly forward this to our team so that they can be further motivated to ensure that the satisfaction of our guests will always be fulfilled. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit!
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
winston
"Jersey Weekend"
It was a very comfortable stay. The staff was helpful & courteous. They might want to think about staggering the breakfast times per floor. The breakfast room was totally overcrowded. The food was good though. Overall it was a good experience.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Carol, Thank you for spending your weekend with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodations and service from our team to your preference. I will submit report to management in reference to your comment on the breakfast area being totally crowded. I am certain they will carefully look into this matter and will address accordingly. We hope to get a chance to serve you again soon.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
"NJ stay"
Hotel was clean and well kept. Breakfast was better than expected, but at times a little crowded. Noise from airport was neglible. Was a bit difficult to navigate driving as some streets had no street signs.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Bob, It is heartwarming to hear that you find our hotel well kept. We are pleased to have exceeded your expectation on the breakfast served, thank you for your fabulous review. We will make certain the quality is maintained so you will continue to enjoy your future visits at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip May 20, 2015
bob
"Great Time"
Great Hotel, Nice Staff, and very closed tithe outlet mall
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Anna, It is heartwarming to hear of how our efforts to give you a great experience have succeeded. We thank you for the opportunity to showcase the quality of services we worked closely to provide comfort, fine hotel experience to all of our guests. Warm regards!
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
Ana
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Bathroom was dirty; had hair on the floor, around the sink and on some of the towels. Bed was old, they need to update them.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Dear Guest, We thank you for your kind remarks on the efficiency of our staff. That being said, please do call our attention on your next visit should you have concerns.We will make sure you will be attended promptly. I apologize for the inconvenience you faced during your stay. Thank you for your business.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Comfortable, clean, convenient hotel, with shuttle to airport. Helpful staff. Definitely would stay again.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Mary, Thank you for the wonderful review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and find our staff helpful. Your feedback will be shared with our staff and management team. This will certainly inspire everyone aim for excellence at all times.
1 night romance trip May 17, 2015
"stay in NJ"
Nice stay. Didn't spend much time at the hotel, but overall accommodations were fine.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Robert, Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit and hope you will stay with us a while longer so you will get to experience our services. We value your business.
3 night family trip May 17, 2015
"Great location, amenities near EWR"
Great hotel, great location. Staff was fantastic and the location of the hotel to newark airport, restaurants and shopping is superb
Other trip May 21, 2015
KG
"Nice overnight hotel"
Good place to stay for a transit flight. Ruby Tuesday and IHOP right next door. Jersey Outlet Mall just across the street abou 5-10 min walk.
Other trip May 19, 2015
Ron
"Great place to stay!"
Awesome hotel! Across from Jersey Gardens Mall! Very clean and comfy! Extremely friendly staff! Love the fact that I can buy our 'beer' there at front desk! Very convenient!! Love all the 'Carlson' properties!
1 night romance trip May 6, 2015
DOREEN
"nice hotel close to best outlet"
The one thing that we booked this hotel for 2 nights but we stayed for one night only due to flight delay and we talked to them but it wasn't their issue as we already booked via expedia. the breakfast finished at 9:30 which is too early
Other trip May 16, 2015
nora
"Will say here again"
A very well equipped hotel with nice rooms and good services.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"disappointed"
Pictures are deceiving. The check in was slow. The rooms need renovated. The Furnature is old and worn as if bought from a second hand store. The only good part of the stay was the breakfast which was hot and plentiful however there were too many people for the space allocated. I would not stay there again.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your visit with us. We appreciate your comments and we are dedicated to provide exemplary service by responding and taking action to all concerns as soon as possible. We are pleased to hear you have taken quite a liking to our breakfast menu. I have taken the critical points from your feedback and will submit it to our management for further evaluation. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any concerns on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
"I'd definitely recommend"
Great location across the street from the mall. Staff was extremely hospitable. Clean quiet and comfortable. And the price wasnt bad either. Breakfast wasnt amazing though.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Ryan, Thank you for your time and effort in writing to us. We have received your comments regarding our services and we’re very happy that you favor our location. It is our policy to grab every opportunity that can help us deliver better service to you and our guests. We want you as out loyal guest appreciate bringing this to our attention. I have already submitted this to our management for evaluation. Please contact us if you have any other concerns on your next visit. We hope you come visit us again.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Ryan
"not pleasant"
Not very pleasant room smelled.no place to Sat and eat breakfast had to take food to the room. Not coming bk for sure
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Rodolfo, Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding your stay here in Quality Inn & Suites. Please allow me to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Your willingness to share your thoughts is greatly appreciated. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest of quality services and facilities. I have already taken notes and have submitted this to our management for strict evaluation. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us the next time you visit. We look forward to welcoming you again.
1 night family trip May 7, 2015
Rodolfo
"Beautiful Hotel"
Enjoyed my stay.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Dear Guest, It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay. We are thankful for your positive remarks about our hotel. Trust that we will do our best to make your next stay a another relaxing time. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
1 night business trip Apr 4, 2015
"Great Stay!"
We wanted to visit New York City without having to stay in the city. We were really happy with our stay at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport and would certainly stay there again. The free breakfast is great and the free shuttle to the airport offered us a nice way to reach the train for NYC. The train ride is a little expensive because of how far the hotel is, but better than paying all the high fees and parking for staying in the city.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Jonathan, Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions with us here in Country Inn & Suites. We appreciate your feedback and we will be more than happy to continue the good practice that we have started. I’m glad the free shuttle ride worked in your favor and the breakfast was to your liking. It is our policy to provide our guests with the best services. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other further concerns the next time you come visit. Have a great day and we hope you’ll stay with us again.
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Jonathan
"great"
Took a vacation to new York city with my family. They were really friendly and breakfast was wonderful.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hello Carissa, Thank you for staying with us during your vacation. I am glad that you and your family had a great time with us and found our staff to be welcoming. I hope we could have another chance to serve you again soon.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
Carissa
"Not a bad breakfast"
Great place for the price
2 night business trip May 3, 2015
"will stay there everytime I'm in the area"
Great place n staff