All hotels in Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Lancashire, Blackpool, England, FY4 1ND, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great family hotel"
Hotel is great for families . We stayed in deluxe family room with my 2 kids 6 and 11 we had one of the 5ft bunks for the kids and this was small for my 11 year old I would pay the extra next time for the bigger bunks room.. Breakfast was great and overall all stay was good will be returning in future.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
barry
"So good we are staying again one week later!"
Wonderful stay again. We have stayed at the Big Blue on numerous occasions for short breaks the last being last Monday and we are staying again tomorrow! We cannot rate the hotel too highly with lots of personal touches which make it special. The staff are amazing.
1 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
"Passing by"
We needed somewhere to stay on our way north, it was a random, but a good choice.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Showing its age...."
Hotel showing its age - needs a little money spent on some upgrades to furniture & TV. Service & restaurant are second to none. Fabulous menu.
2 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
"nicee hotel"
it was an interesting hotel
3 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Ayodeji James
"Excellent as always!"
I have stayed at the Big Blue Hotel many times now and have never been disappointed, there may be cheaper alternatives, however I would definitely recommend that you pay the extra to stay in this fabulous hotel.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
Reece
"Big Blue was Big Hit"
Fantastic stay even though it was bad weather most of the time. Friendly staff and great ammenities. Room was laid out nicely. Convenient location to Pleasure Beach as well.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Norm
Went for the weekend all i can say is i will be back to the big blue again
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Kieran
"Excellent hotel A****"
We went for my husbands birthday, we stayed for 2 nights. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much for them, anything you need they will try to accommodate for you. The room was very clean and tidy, temperature in the room is great as you can turn it up and down as required. We have stayed here 4 times now and would never stay anywhere else in Blackpool.
jenn
"Better than expected"
Don't know why, but was surprised how good hotel was. Right from check in, staff were keen to assist. Lady who checked us in was especially helpful and pleasant (Ms Valentine???). Breakfast v nice and room was very good. Only minor complaint was windows could have done with a clean, but that didn't spoil.
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
"luxury"
Lovely
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
martin
"OK for one night"
Hotel was full up with a very noisy wedding party...
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"short break"
Fantastic hotel great staff very helpful friendly would stay again
5 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
geoffrey
"Great hotel for people visitng the Pleasure Beach"
I stayed at this hotel with my teenage daughter for two nights so we could visit the Pleasure Beach. Firstly, let me start by saying that this is the ideal hotel for people wanting to visit the Pleasure Beach, you get direct access into the park and great views of the rides from the rooms. The staff were very professional. We encountered a couple of friendly staff who chatted with us (lovely lady who serves in the restaurant with black hair and glasses, and the bald gentleman who mans reception), the rest were very courteous but we didn't really get to chat with them as they were so busy. The hotel is very nice, it's clean and the food is great. However, our main issues were with the stifling heat in the rooms. Both my daughter and I were woken up several times during the night because we were so hot. We turned the radiators down but it didn't help. We also struggled with the noise from the room above ours. This is not the hotel's fault, but it sounded like baby elephants were running around throughout the night. On the day of my booking, I called reservations to upgrade my room. During our conversation, I told the woman that my daughter is autistic and consequently does not sleep well. I told her we needed a quiet room so she could get to sleep. Therefore, I was a tad frustrated we were on the bottom floor as a couple of guests said they had had similar problems in the past on this floor. That being said, we would probably stay here again, just not on the bottom floor.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Highlander
"Blue Hotel"
Staff were fantastic, pleasant. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Had an evening meal, breakfast was great to Will be going again
1 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
MARK
"Great family hotel"
We only stayed one night but thought this hotel was fantastic. Room was great and our 5yr old loved the fact that he has his own bedroom area with two tv's. Staff very polite and breakfast superb. Can't rate highly enough, we will definitely be going back.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Tristan
"amazing"
Amazing hotel in everyway not sure what it will be like in the summer with the theme park next door but I'll be more than happy to go back and find out to this beautiful hotel
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
michelle
"Excellent Hotel"
The Big Blue is an excellent hotel and is good value for money. Good food and pleasant helpful staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay again with pleasure.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Perfect!"
My partner and I came to the big blue hotel for a weekend away and I couldn't fault it at all. As soon as we walked in we thought 'wow' it's so modern and relaxing! The staff were exceptional, we were always greeted with a smile and if we had any questions they would answer straight away! The staff were very professional and warming. We stayed in the deluxe double room and we couldn't fault anything at all, it was truly wonderful. We will definitely be returning! Everything was spot on from start to finish!
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"New years Eve"
Ok hotel. Bit pricey for out of season. Rooms slightly neglected. But overall not bad
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
chris
"Good hotel!"
Very good stay! And nights sleep.
1 night business trip Dec 22, 2014
Louisa
"nice hotel"
the hotel is good but very over priced and over rated probably due to lack of good hotels in blackpool
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Very happy with the stay at the Big Blue Hotel. The hotel was lovely and my room was very comfortable. The bar was great and the breakfast was lovely in the morning. We will be back
1 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
Martyn
"Nice break"
Room was ok. Bed not very comfy at all which was a disappointment but the breakfast was yummy. Excellent staff
1 night family trip Nov 30, 2014
Nicola
"big blue"
excellent
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
"Excellent hotel"
Great hotel, only one downside, the wifi continually dropped out, frustrating while check and replying to emails.
2 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
"Popular - Great Food (Evening Meal)"
I would have given this 5 stars except for 2 items. Firstly the toilets in the Reception area are inadequate for such a great hotel. Cleanliness was poor and not to the standard I would expect. Secondly, the buffet breakfast was plentiful but it was jam packed and the cooked items were pretty cold by the time I was able to sit down and eat them. Granted; it was half term week and every man and his dog were in town so understand that in usual circumstances this might not be the case. Don't let it put you off - the meal in the restaurant the previous night was superb and fully recommend the Chicken Breast with Spinach (probably the best Chicken Breast I have ever had!! :)) It was also very useful having both the Pleasure beach close by not to mention the tram stop. All in all if I was visiting Blackpool again I would stay at this hotel.
1 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
Andy
"Wonderfull hotel"
From entering, the service was brilliant faultless, the food was sensational better than some high class restaurants in london. Very clean spotless well kept to a high standard, staff where very helpfull, polite and keen to satisfy. Will bw staying again next year
3 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Roger
"Perfect hotel for a mini-break with children."
We had a lovely stay. We arrived earlier than 3pm to check-in and were able to check-in and go straight to our rooms which was great. The rooms were comfortable and the children particularly enjoyed their own personal TV's in the bunk-bed bedroom. It was great for the children to be able to watch the 'Big One' fly past the window too. The room was fairly clean although the windows were absolutely filthy. Comfortable and large king sized bed with good pillows (extra provided if needed). We would definitely stay again for a stop over or visit to the Pleasure Beach. Not sure I would be pay £240 for this room at the weekend though. It's a shame nothing else in Blackpool offers the same standards as The BIg Blue so unfortunately that is the price you have to pay.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Will go again!"
Lovely service, food, polite and courteous staff...neighbourhood may not be suitable for everyone as rollercoasters right next to hotel but we likes thay so fine...parking an issue x
4 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
Racheal
"Big blue hotel"
Good trip
3 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
Joanne
"Very nice, clean Hotel. Staff friendly staff,"
Hotel easy to find, Staff were very helpful and Friendly, rooms very clean and well furbished. Children had their own TV x 2, Food to a very good standard All positive and will definitely recommend friends and family to stay.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Pedro
"Good Quality Hotel"
Only booked for One Night, but arrived before check in time and reception staff booked us in very efficiently and courteously. Hotel room was very clean and well maintained, my son particularly liked the bunk beds complete with built in Tv's and his very own giant snakes & ladders game on the wall. Can't comment on the restaurant dining experience ( This gets booked up very quickly so if you are only their for 1 night i would book the restaurant reservation when you book your room to avoid disappointment ). Had breakfast in the hotel, again very busy when hotel full but plenty of staff on duty who all know what they are doing so it all ran like clockwork - buffet style breakfast all to a very good standard and no waiting for food replenishment, always plenty on offer. The hotel is situated just a minutes walk from the tram stop @ Starr Gate. Overall, a very enjoyable stay and would recommend this hotel without a doubt.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Jon
"Great for kids as separate room area with tv, no f"
Stayed in October half-term with 3 and 5 year old. Room v quiet, bunk beds and tv v popular with our kids. Breakfast really nice and hotel gave me free glass of milk for kids bedtime. Got straight into nickolodian land through hotel VIP entrance before it got too busy at 10am (couldn't exit that way later) Pizza hut nearby and tram stop not far, manages without a pushchair.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
mumof2
"Big Blue Blackpool Break"
My wife and I stayed at The Big Blue Hotel to celebrate my 65th birthday. The hotel was excellent, with the best of service from ALL of the staff, and the food could not be faulted. I would certainly book this hotel again if we return to Blackpool, and have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone else.
4 night romance trip Oct 20, 2014
MICHAEL
"Flexible hotel"
Surprisngly good hotel catering for both children and adults Staff very helpful Lovely meal in hotel restaurant
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"left a little blue"
Hotel good but think that there should be separate bar areas for families with children or perhaps a no children in the bar after eleven pm. We came back to the hotel and fancied a nightcap but couldn't get a seat because of buggies with babies and toddlers running around. I understand this is a family hotel but at almost midnight, it's a bit late for using the bar as a babysitter
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Sassy
"Big blue family stay"
Hotel was great staff attentive and very helpful only downfall rooms didn't have a fridge with little ones this would have been useful however wasn't a major issue great hotel would definitely return
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
"Hoped I would have got a discount on second bookin"
Returning customer. Accidentally booked the wrong date, completely missed my booking and lost what I had paid. I rebooked and had to pay full price £159 when I thought I could have been offered a small discount.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Meikle Fam x4
"Blackpool Out Of Season"
Went to Blackpool for a couple of days to see illuminations and enjoy the ultimate British Seaside town. Perfect base for walking along the promenade and taking in the sights. The hotel itself is very modern,the staff very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and very well equipped toiletries,and plenty of tea,coffee and even hot chocolate perfect after a brisk and blustery walk back from the north pier. They even give you a complimentary pass to walk round the Pleasure Beach. One thing I would point out is that this is a family based hotel owned by the pleasure beach,so if you stayed during the school holidays I would imagine it could be pretty chaotic. We stayed out of season so very few kids.
2 night romance trip Oct 8, 2014
"everything was perfect"
Highly recommend the big blue, couldn't fault the hotel from checking in to checking out
2 night trip Oct 5, 2014
donna
"Enjoyable stay in a great hotel"
The hotel was very clean warm and welcoming. For the third year in a row we were upgraded to a family room without asking or incurring any additional cost. The staff were also very friendly and professional. The breakfasts were great too.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Very Good Facilities"
Easy parking,Easy Check in, Comfortable room, Good breakfast - all in all good value
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
PAUL
"The Big Blue"
The room and hotel was very clean, all of the staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay here again
4 night romance trip Sep 22, 2014
"Fast Pass to Pleasure (Beach)"
A great change to the B&B's that we have used in the past. So glad we choose to stay here .
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Mr Pedantic
"Great hotel but not really for couples"
Stayed here 2 nights (thurs & friday) with my boyfriend, stayed here before and loved this hotel. We had a great time, couldnt really fault it but my only thing is come friday the hotel is full of kids......busy and nosey, kids running up and down the corridors at night making loads of noise. Okay if you have kids but as a couple this was a nitemare! Apart from that (which is not the hotels fault) i love this hotel. Will keep to mid-week getaways from now on.
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2014
Dawn
"overnight stay"
Very good standards, service , friendliness, overall excellent
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Heather kennedy
"Quick overnight stay for our family of 4"
Kids lived the bunk beds and their own TV. Good sized room and at last a decent shower in a UK hotel. Comfortable beds too
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
Alan & Family
"Very good hotel, well situated for pleasure beach."
Friendly staff, good breakfast, very clean and well organised.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Paddy
"Nice hotel and close to the beach"
Nice hotel and very good breakfast and parking at hotel too and help full staff and they sell cheap tickets to attractions and they got a vip entrance to pleasure beach
Other trip Sep 23, 2014